Hawks at Pistons -- Valentine's Day M@ssacre

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,422

Re: Hawks at Pistons -- Valentine's Day M@ssacre 

Post#21 » by graymule » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:29 am

:wink:

In the final game before the long, long all star break, saw the Hawks run out new players who probably
had never been on the floor together in practice. At one time, I believe they had Dedmon and four
rookies on the floor together. Remember, with all these rookies, Cavanaugh wasn't even available.

Duel contract player, up from the G League, expecting, maybe 2 minutes, makes his NBA very first
appearance. He not only played more than 2 minutes, White became the leading scorer for the Hawks
and looked impressive while doing it. WOW!

A thought comes to mind. Our GM has been responsible for having all these young, talented players
we have right now. Collins is a first round pick and most consider him as the most untouchable Hawk.
Dorsey, a second rounder and the remainder were just out there, waiting. I'm impressed, aren't you!

8-)
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#22 » by HMFFL » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:55 am

Jamaaliver wrote:Or not...

Read on Twitter

I'm fine with all of them booking early Valentine's reservations and having to miss the game

Good win for Detroit after we took last weeks meeting.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#23 » by HMFFL » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:57 am

graymule wrote::wink:

In the final game before the long, long all star break, saw the Hawks run out new players who probably
had never been on the floor together in practice. At one time, I believe they had Dedmon and four
rookies on the floor together. Remember, with all these rookies, Cavanaugh wasn't even available.

Duel contract player, up from the G League, expecting, maybe 2 minutes, makes his NBA very first
appearance. He not only played more than 2 minutes, White became the leading scorer for the Hawks
and looked impressive while doing it. WOW!

A thought comes to mind. Our GM has been responsible for having all these young, talented players
we have right now. Collins is a first round pick and most consider him as the most untouchable Hawk.
Dorsey, a second rounder and the remainder were just out there, waiting. I'm impressed, aren't you!

8-)

I suppose time will tell.
But, I'm impressed with the team, so I just hope it continues during the future drafts. Collins was basically a lock where we drafted and a high percentage of teams would have selected him for themselves or selected him to trade to another team.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#24 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:30 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#25 » by macd-gm » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:15 pm

I only saw a little but White looked pretty explosive. The most encouraging thing to me is that Dedmon, Collins, Dorsey, Taylor, Cavanaugh, White, guys that Travis brought in, all seem to have talent and potential.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#26 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:53 pm

Observations from Hawks’ loss at Pistons

Collins was giving up a lot of weight in his matchups against Griffin and Andre Drummond . The Hawks helped him with double teams and scrapes. With Ilyasova out, Miles Plumlee got back in the power rotation after two straight DNP-CDs. He did OK while providing some girth against Drumond and Griffin over 13 minutes.

DeAndre’ Bembry (six rebounds, three assists, a block and no turnovers in 14 minutes) looked alive in his second game back from the injured list. He served as the primary ball-handler at times and looked better doing it than he did during his stints pre-injury.
myAJC

New Hawk White III makes ‘a great first impression’

Andrew White III wasn't bashful during his NBA debut.

The undrafted rookie's forte is perimeter shooting and he didn't turn down any chances to let it fly. White scored a team-high 15 points in 17 minutes in the team's 104-98 loss at Detroit, attempting 11 field goals in the process.

"He obviously made a great first impression," coach Mike Budenholzer said. "He turned it over the first time he touched it, kind of fumbled it to the other team and didn't make his first shot but he just kept on going. That's what it takes."
myAJC
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#27 » by Spud2nique » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:39 am

Just saw the game...wow...that “White” boy can play! Lol..loved his outside shooting and D. He had a pretty cool finger roll as well. He’s probably the most confident G league call up I’ve probably ever seen. Go White Go Hawks Go tank!

Return to Atlanta Hawks