ImageImage

Absolutely early 2018 scoreboard watching...

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Re: Absolutely early 2018 scoreboard watching... 

Post#141 » by Spud2nique » Thu Apr 5, 2018 4:23 pm

Also noteworthy:

Wolves record vs:

Pelicans 4-0
Clippers 4-0
Nuggets 2-0 (2 games remaining)

That’s pretty amazing. They are 10-0 against their closest competition heading into the playoffs. Since they pretty much hold all tiebreakers, I feel pretty good about rooting for them to drop 2/4.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#142 » by Spud2nique » Thu Apr 5, 2018 5:02 pm

I’m hoping the Nuggets get the 7th seed and the Wolves get 8th. I don’t think the Pelicans or the Clippers would make much playoff noise so I’m hoping they don’t get in.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#143 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Apr 5, 2018 5:31 pm

Read on Twitter
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Absolutely early 2018 scoreboard watching... 

Post#144 » by ATL Boy » Fri Apr 6, 2018 5:07 am

Nuggets beat the Wolves in a tight one. They're now tied for 8th, and we're close to losing that immensely important pick.

The good news: MIN's remaining schedule - LAL, MEM, DEN. They should beat the Lakers and Grizzlies.

They own the tiebreakers over the Clips and Pelicans and have a vastly superior conference record against the Nuggets which could come into play if DEN wins that season finale. As long as the Wolves win these next two, we just need Denver to lose to either the Clippers or Blazers in the next two for MIN to clinch (if I'm going about this correctly).

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#145 » by Spud2nique » Fri Apr 6, 2018 5:55 am

Minny pick...she’s sitting pretty at 18! Nice job Nuggets!
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#146 » by D21 » Fri Apr 6, 2018 12:34 pm

If MIN finish 8th, too bad MIA, MIL and WAS was not playing very well lately because it would have been fantastic to have them ahead of MIN too and get the 15th pick
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#147 » by macd-gm » Fri Apr 6, 2018 1:15 pm

could it be that Sap helps screw us out of that Minny pick?
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#148 » by Spud2nique » Fri Apr 6, 2018 1:18 pm

macd-gm wrote:could it be that Sap helps screw us out of that Minny pick?

No way. I think Denver gets in as the 7th seed and the Wolves get the 8th. The Wolves are however in need of a win tonight at the Lakers. Butler is almost certain to play.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#149 » by Spud2nique » Fri Apr 6, 2018 1:47 pm

Key games tonight:

Hawks @ Wizards NA ( Guessing Wiz -12.5)

Mavs @ Pistons NA (Guessing Pistons -9)

Hornets @ Magic Hornets -5.5

Kings @ Grizzlies NA (Guessing Grizz -1)

Pelicans @ Suns Pelicans -10.5

Wolves @ Lakers NA ( Guessing Wolves -2)

* Left out the Bulls and Knicks games (27 wins for each club, they can no longer catch us..(or us them)... :lol: )

Other games to watch :

Heat (43 wins) @ Knicks Heat -9

Pacers (47 wins) @ Raptors Raptors -1

First and foremost we need to go into DC and face an upset John Wall. Usually he’s one of the guys I love to beat (he’s smug) but we are gonna try and lay down quietly tonight.

Pistons hosting the Mavs. Mavs have 24 wins, 2 more than us. A win here would eliminate them from catching us.

Magic host the Hornets. Magic also have 24 wins and, well same as above applies.

Grizzlies host the Kings in a HUUUUUUUUGE matchup for us. EVERY HAWKS FAN NEEDS A GRIZZ HAT TODAY!!! If they win this game and we lose tonight, we are actually .5 ahead of them with 3 games remaining for the Grizz and 2 for the Hawks after tonight. We would control our own destiny for a tie with the Grizz for the 2nd worst. This is a game that anti tank officials should watch. The Grizz might pull out some things you’ve never seen before to lose this game.

The Suns host the Pelicans tonight in a huge game for both clubs. The Suns though have all but secured the worst record on the league. A win here would keep us and the Grizz alive to catch these guys. Meanwhile if the Pelicans don’t get a win soon it could be lights out for them.

Lakers host the Wolves tonight. Ok, I’d personally like to throw in the towel as far as rooting against Minny. Tonight is the night I become a Wolves fan. We need that pick and I don’t mind it going from 18th currently to 20 or even 21, we need to cash that pick in this year. Hope Butler is back because the Lakers play loose at home and that spells danger.

Go Heat and Pacers to push Minny’s draft spot for us.

GO WIZARDS
GO MAVS
GO MAGIC
GO GRIZZ
GO SUNS
GO WOLVES
GO HEAT
GO PACERS

Draft picks:

3. Hawks
18. Wolves
30. Rockets
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#150 » by ATL Boy » Fri Apr 6, 2018 4:10 pm

D21 wrote:If MIN finish 8th, too bad MIA, MIL and WAS was not playing very well lately because it would have been fantastic to have them ahead of MIN too and get the 15th pick

Yea, it was a serious missed opportunity with how poorly those teams have played.

At this point we'll either cash that pick at a peak of 17 or miss out completely if MIN doesn't get a couple more wins. We need to be rooting for Miami to win out so that that pick can potentially get to 17 with the win of a coin flip. I guess I'm getting greedy here considering the fact that the pick was slated to be 25th just a couple of months ago. Anything in the teens would be a tremendous coup.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#151 » by jayu70 » Sat Apr 7, 2018 1:48 pm

Welcome back Jimmy Butler!!! Whew!!!
We need LAC to beat NUGGS tomm.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#152 » by jayu70 » Sat Apr 7, 2018 2:32 pm

Read on Twitter
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#153 » by Spud2nique » Sat Apr 7, 2018 4:21 pm

Key games today/night:

Nuggets @ Clippers Nuggets -2

Thunder @ Rockets Thunder -6

Pelicans @ Warriors Warriors -6.5

Blazers @ Spurs Spurs -5

Clippers hosting the Nuggets today is what could be an elimination game for the Clipps. They lose this and they are out. This is a very risky move to want the Nuggets to win today, specially with the Wolves set to play them on the final day of the season. But I want the Wolves to get in for obvious draft reason but I’d like the Nuggets to get in a with with Sap and look to knock out a certain #2 seed out in the west.

Rockets hosting the Thunder. Houston has nothing to play for while the Thunder are in the thick of a race with 45 wins. We need the Thunder to remain ahead of Minny. Rockets please sit Harden and Paul.

Warriors host the Pelicans. I’m rooting for the Warriors to win this one. I think the Pelicans aren’t a very strong team and will only be getting into the playoffs to get swept...I want the Nuggets in and the Pelicans out. The Warriors will look to play better as Kerr called them out against the Pacers a few nights back.

Spurs hosting the Blazers. We need the 45 win Spurs here to win and stay ahead of the Wolves.

GO NUGGETS

GO THUNDER

GO WARRIORS

GO SPURS

Draft picks:

3. Hawks
18. Wolves
30. Rockets
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#154 » by Spud2nique » Sat Apr 7, 2018 4:34 pm

jayu70 wrote:Welcome back Jimmy Butler!!! Whew!!!

I’m actually rooting for the Nuggets to beat the Clippers and keep the heat on everyone out in the west. With the Wolves set to have their remaining two games played at home against the Grizzlies, which should be a win and the Nuggets.

Due to owning all the tiebreakers against basically everyone out west, even if the Wolves go 1-1, the rest of the Pelicans, Thunder, Spurs and Nuggets would have to essentially win out to eliminate the Wolves, whereas if the Wolves go 2-0, they could conceivably be the 4th seed (where Utah stands currently) in the west, which would give us the 22nd pick in the draft, of the Wolves caught the Pacers win total at 47, we might get the 23rd pick depending on their coin flip.

I know it’s a little risky to play with fire, and I know I’m getting a little greedy, but having the 18th or 19th pick sounds better than 21,22, or 23rd pick.

Having said that, if Minny chokes against the Grizz, we may not have their pick at all this year.

But like I said, I’m rooting for the Nuggets and the Warriors very very hard today.

Let the chips fall where they may..(but around the 18th pick please)...

Ps If this plan falls apart...I will take the blame. You all can hate me for a month..ok 2...
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#155 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Apr 7, 2018 4:39 pm

Spud2nique wrote:I’m actually rooting for the Nuggets to beat the Clippers and keep the heat on everyone out in the west. With the Wolves set to have their remaining two games played at home against the Grizzlies, which should be a win and the Nuggets.

Due to owning all the tiebreakers against basically everyone out west, even if the Wolves go 1-1, the rest of the Pelicans, Thunder, Spurs and Nuggets would have to essentially win out to eliminate the Wolves, whereas if the Wolves go 2-0, they could conceivably be the 4th seed (where Utah stands currently) in the west, which would give us the 22nd pick in the draft, of the Wolves caught the Pacers win total at 47, we might get the 23rd pick depending on their coin flip.

Ps If this plan falls apart...I will take the blame. You all can hate me for a month..ok 2...

You have given this some serious thought!

Count me in.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#156 » by Spud2nique » Sat Apr 7, 2018 4:48 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:I’m actually rooting for the Nuggets to beat the Clippers and keep the heat on everyone out in the west. With the Wolves set to have their remaining two games played at home against the Grizzlies, which should be a win and the Nuggets.

You have given this some serious thought!

Count me in.

I think the incentive to freely hate me was the selling point here...

:lol:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#157 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Apr 7, 2018 5:25 pm

Spud2nique wrote:I think the incentive to freely hate me was the selling point here...

As if anyone could hate studly Spudly from Cali.

Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#158 » by Spud2nique » Sat Apr 7, 2018 5:30 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:I think the incentive to freely hate me was the selling point here...

As if anyone could hate studly Spudly from Cali.

jayu70
RealGM

Post#159 » by jayu70 » Sat Apr 7, 2018 9:41 pm

Spud2nique wrote:

I’m actually rooting for the Nuggets to beat the Clippers and keep the heat on everyone out in the west. With the Wolves set to have their remaining two games played at home against the Grizzlies, which should be a win and the Nuggets.

I know it’s a little risky to play with fire, and I know I’m getting a little greedy, but having the 18th or 19th pick sounds better than 21,22, or 23rd pick.

Having said that, if Minny chokes against the Grizz, we may not have their pick at all this year.

But like I said, I’m rooting for the Nuggets and the Warriors very very hard today.

Lol, no sense being too greedy now.
But kudos on your research.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#160 » by Spud2nique » Sat Apr 7, 2018 10:21 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

Lol, no sense being too greedy now.
But kudos on your research.

:lol: Thanks. The ugly part of it comes today when we have to root for the Warriors to take out the Pelicans and possibly remove them from the playoffs altogether. I hate playing with fire like this...matter of fact this whole season of having to root against the Hawks has just been awful. I’ll echo whoever said that they can’t handle a Sixers type process. I don’t even think I can’t take another year of it. :noway:

Return to Atlanta Hawks