ImageImage

Absolutely early 2018 scoreboard watching...

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Re: Absolutely early 2018 scoreboard watching... 

Post#161 » by ATL Boy » Sun Apr 8, 2018 5:25 am

This Minny pick officially is playing with fire at this point.

I have a bad feeling that this will come down to that last game against Denver for that last playoff spot, where we'll either cash the pick at 18 this year or lose it altogether and have to cash it at 26 next year (in a weaker draft class no less).

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Worst_to_First
RealGM
And1: 8,340

Post#162 » by Worst_to_First » Sun Apr 8, 2018 8:06 am

ATL Boy wrote:This Minny pick officially is playing with fire at this point.

I have a bad feeling that this will come down to that last game against Denver for that last playoff spot, where we'll either cash the pick at 18 this year or lose it altogether and have to cash it at 26 next year (in a weaker draft class no less).

Denver barely beat a Butler-less Minny team... at home.

TWolves got this don't worry. :lol:
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#163 » by Spud2nique » Sun Apr 8, 2018 1:59 pm

Key games today/tonight:

Hawks @ Celtics Celtics -9.5

Mavs @ Sixers Sixers -13

Pistons @ Grizzlies Pistons -6

Magic @ Raptors NA ( Guessing Raptors -12.5?)

Hawks need to go into Boston and lose..period. The Celts better not be resting a bunch of guys..smh.

Sixers hosting Mavs. Sixers are the hottest team on the league. The Mavs are happy about the tank today and we are only 1 game up on them in the tank race.

Grizzlies host the Pistons in what might be a close game. The Pistons are stuck in no man’s land while the Grizz are 1.5 up on us for 2nd in the tank race.

Raptors host the Magic. Raptors most likely win this game. We are up 1 game on the Magic in this tank race with 2 to play.

Other noteworthy games:

Pacers @ Hornets Pacers -2.5 (47 wins for Indy)

Jazz @ Lakers NA (Guessing Jazz -4)

We need the Pacers to win so surpass the Minny win total if it comes down to that.

We need the Lakers to beat the Jazz to leave a little wiggle room for Minny to work with in getting in the playoffs. Utah has not yet clinched but would do so with a win today.

GO CELTS
GO MAVS
GO GRIZZ
GO MAGIC
GO PACERS
GO LAKERS

Draft position:

3. Hawks
18. Wolves
30. Rockets
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#164 » by D21 » Sun Apr 8, 2018 8:39 pm

ATL Boy wrote:
D21 wrote:If MIN finish 8th, too bad MIA, MIL and WAS was not playing very well lately because it would have been fantastic to have them ahead of MIN too and get the 15th pick

Yea, it was a serious missed opportunity with how poorly those teams have played

I'd have imagined that MIL would be higher and pass MIN, mainly because their pick is protected Top 3 and 17-30, so if MIL finish 17th or higher, they keep their pick. As it's now, they will finish behind the 8th of West, at 15th at best with a 16th pick and loose it and give it to LAC for only one spot. Motivation to keep it could help us getting a better pick from MIN, but it won't happen.

With this victory against BOS, and a lost of odds in the lottery, I hope we will get this MIN pick.
Now, we best we can hope is that all team in the West win their games and standings stay unchanged, with MIN finishing at 8th and a 18th pick.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#165 » by Spud2nique » Mon Apr 9, 2018 12:02 pm

Key games tonight:

Thunder @ Heat Okc -2.5

Magic @ Bucks NA (Guessing Bucks -12.5?)

Grizzlies @ Wolves NA ( Guessing Wolves -11?)

Blazers @ Nuggets Nuggets -4

Pelicans @ Clippers Pelicans -6.5

The Heat host the Thunder in a huge game for OKC. The Wolves won the season series with OKC so we are rooting very hard here for the Heat to get this win.

The Bucks host the Magic. We are tied with the Magic with 24 wins, they have two games remaining and we have one. A Magic upset would be huge for us.

Wolves hosting the Grizz. All this time we wanted the Grizz...forget about that, this is a a MUST ROOT FOR WOLVES game. They need this game, more importantly, we need it.

Nuggets hosting the Blazers in a huge game for them as well. A Blazer win and a Wolves win secures a playoff spot for the Wolves and gives us our pick. Let’s end this thing tonight please.

The Clippers host the Pelicans. Pelicans are at 46 wins and eight in the thick of things. Again, the Wolves own the tiebreaker with the Pels as well, a Clipper win is huge.

GO HEAT
GO MAGIC
GO WOLVES
GO BLAZERS
GO CLIPPERS

Draft picks:

3. Hawks
18. Wolves
30. Rockets
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#166 » by Spud2nique » Mon Apr 9, 2018 4:33 pm

Doc Rivers:

"We have two games left and I don't even know how I'm going to approach those games," Rivers told the assembled media after Saturday's loss to the Nuggets. "I may play all the starters, I may play all the young guys and just let them get minutes.

"I think I have to play the guys against New Orleans, honestly. I think we really have to go after that game. I just believe in protecting the league. That's what we should do, and I hope we do that."
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#167 » by Spud2nique » Mon Apr 9, 2018 4:53 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,921

Post#168 » by jayu70 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:17 am

Minny wins....one down, 2 to go .....c'mon Blazers and Spurs.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,921

Post#169 » by jayu70 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:49 am

Spurs win. C'mon Blazers.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#170 » by ATL Boy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:34 am

Nuggets beat the Blazers. For now our attention shifts to the Clippers-Pelicans. Go Clips in that one.

If the Pelicans lose to the Clips tonight and the Spurs (who do have seeding to play for) next then MIN clinches a playoff spot.

Otherwise, the MIN-DEN season finale becomes a defacto playoff play-in game.

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#171 » by ATL Boy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:12 am

And the Pelicans beat the Clippers.

Minnesota vs. Denver officially becomes a play-in game. We'll either get the pick at 18 or lose it until next year when it'll probably be 26 in a weaker draft. This game will legitimately be the most important game of the season for us, and we're not even a part of it.

Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#172 » by Spud2nique » Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:45 am

ATL Boy wrote:And the Pelicans beat the Clippers.

Minnesota vs. Denver officially becomes a play-in game. We'll either get the pick at 18 or lose it until next year when it'll probably be 26 in a weaker draft. This game will legitimately be the most important game of the season for us, and we're not even a part of it.

Yup. Actually if the Wolves win they are in but we do not necessarily get the 18th pick. Depending on what OKC and the Pelicans do in their final games, we might end up with the 19th or 20th pick because the Wolves would automatically slide ahead of both those clubs in a tie situation due to winning season series from both clubs.

18,19,20 I don’t care...I just want it this year.

NUGGETS @ WOLVES Wednesday 5pm pacific...this game could have a pretty big effect on our future. Somebody please hold me as I’ll be in the fetal position for most of, if not all of the game.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,432

Post#173 » by CP War Hawks » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:15 am

If it ain't one thing, it's always another thing. To keep the 18th pick everyone needs to win except the Spurs and Nuggets. Don't know about the Wolves, they've been shaky this month.
hawkmanreturns
Junior
And1: 735

Post#174 » by hawkmanreturns » Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:34 am

CP War Hawks wrote:If it ain't one thing, it's always another thing. To keep the 18th pick everyone needs to win except the Spurs and Nuggets. Don't know about the Wolves, they've been shaky this month.

Add that to the 2 (and possibly 3) game winning streak to end the season.The Hawks may face the worst case scenario of being out of the top 5 AND losing what would have been the 18th or 19th pick in the Draft. The hits just keep on coming. I sometimes wonder why I even bothered to think that things would go any different. :nonono:
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#175 » by macd-gm » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:40 pm

3 first rounders and a top 3 pick in one year. Alright.........

Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#176 » by Spud2nique » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:42 pm

Key games tonight:

Sixers @ Hawks Sixers -9.5

Suns @ Mavs Mavs -3.5

We host the last game of the season in Atlanta. MUST DROP GAME. No playing around today.

Mavs host the Suns tonight in Dallas. The Hawks, Mavs and Magic are tied at 24-57 and tied for the 3rd worst record. The Mavs better not try and tank this away. We need a Mav victory. Doin it for Derek Harper! Ro Blackman I don’t care just get a W.

GO SIXERS
GO MAVS

Draft position:

3. Hawks
18. Wolves
30. Rockets
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#177 » by ATL Boy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:18 pm

Read on Twitter

Great news for us on the Mavs front

hawkmanreturns
Junior
And1: 735

Post#178 » by hawkmanreturns » Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:19 pm

ATL Boy wrote:
Read on Twitter

I can't help but feel that this blatant tanking won't go unpunished. It's sour grapes on my part but the Suns should have been better this season and they know it.
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#179 » by MaceCase » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:03 pm

macd-gm wrote:3 first rounders and a top 3 pick in one year. Alright.........

It's more like

*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#180 » by ATL Boy » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:10 pm

hawkmanreturns wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:
Read on Twitter

I can't help but feel that this blatant tanking won't go unpunished. It's sour grapes on my part but the Suns should have been better this season and they know it.

It's not even tanking at this point. The Suns have already clinched the worst record.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Return to Atlanta Hawks