Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,001

Re: It only took me 17 years to get to 5,000 posts 

Post#41 » by HMFFL » Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:46 am

Congrats on reaching 5k post.

I started off on ESPN and found Realgm afterwards.
Looking back, time has gone by so quickly after being on these boards for so long.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#42 » by Spud2nique » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:26 am

Sothron wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Sothron wrote:Just saying. We miss you cats over there.

Soth - you had the best night tonight. Minny finally to the playoffs and Hawks get their pick.

I am ecstatic. This is the first time being a fan of both teams paid off for both teams. Wolves break a 14 year playoff curse and the Hawks finally get their first round pick from trading that Michigan State bust oh so many years ago.

Congrats Soth! Please get this shirt for the Mrs. Don’t worry no volt!

Read on Twitter
?s=20
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#43 » by macd-gm » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:03 pm

For your 5000th post you get ....... a New Car!!!!

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#44 » by jayu70 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:06 pm

macd-gm wrote:For your 5000th post you get ....... a New Car!!!!

:lol: :lol: that's perfect macd
Sothron
Head Coach
And1: 3,262

Post#45 » by Sothron » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:07 pm

macd-gm wrote:For your 5000th post you get ....... a New Car!!!!

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#46 » by HMFFL » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:44 pm

^
You just have to pay all of the taxes.
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,421

Post#47 » by graymule » Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:34 am

:D

Did anyone tell you that this was a matchbox car? (Oops, did I let the cat out of the bag?)

I was here and on the squawk but didn't post here often. Then I was invited to leave the squawk - - and I did.
I was the oldest poster on the squawk and claim the title here also. Any one want to challenge? I had an adopted
grand daughter and an adopted grandson on the squawk and they are both here, so I feel right at home.

If some of you don't know, I am a widower since Mrs. Gray Mule, my bride of 56 years, passed away on 03/27/2017.
Now, I have no wife, no sweetheart and no prospects.

I had a lot of posts on the squawk. I remember, one time they changed over something and we started counting
all over. Diesel and Walter always agreed to disagree about most anything for a long time until Walter finally
got fed up and left. I still miss him. Any one remember?

Years ago, on the Grand Old Opry, Minnie Pearl would say, "Howdy, I'm just so proud to be here!" That's how I feel!!

:D :nod:
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#48 » by Spud2nique » Fri Apr 13, 2018 2:28 pm

graymule wrote::D

Did anyone tell you that this was a matchbox car? (Oops, did I let the cat out of the bag?)

I was here and on the squawk but didn't post here often. Then I was invited to leave the squawk - - and I did.
I was the oldest poster on the squawk and claim the title here also. Any one want to challenge? I had an adopted
grand daughter and an adopted grandson on the squawk and they are both here, so I feel right at home.

If some of you don't know, I am a widower since Mrs. Gray Mule, my bride of 56 years, passed away on 03/27/2017.

I had a lot of posts on the squawk. I remember, one time they changed over something and we started counting
all over. Diesel and Walter always agreed to disagree about most anything for a long time until Walter finally

Years ago, on the Grand Old Opry, Minnie Pearl would say, "Howdy, I'm just so proud to be here!" That's how I feel!!

Yes indeed! I actually do remember a Walter, I remember his posts being pretty informative and he was always in a lot of discussions. There was also a jaywalker something I forgot. There was another poster, I’m not recalling his screen name but he liked the Hawks and the Wizards or something and was from DC I think..ended up having a fallout with Dolf..and then there was Hawksfanatic, who also seemed cool and loved his rumple minze but left because he got a gig and was also fed up and felt he wasn’t getting his proper respect. I even asked him do stay and offered all of kg’s services to him, but he left anyways.

You’re an OG gramps! You are the unicorn amongst us Hawks fans! Enjoy the playoffs young man!
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#49 » by HMFFL » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:24 pm

56 years!! Amazing!

I remember Diesel always getting into it with others on Hawksquawk. He has the same user name here at Realgm if I remember correctly. Walter always seemed to be level headed and I enjoyed reading his post.
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#50 » by MaceCase » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:17 pm

Spud2nique wrote:

Yes indeed! I actually do remember a Walter, I remember his posts being pretty informative and he was always in a lot of discussions. There was also a jaywalker something I forgot. There was another poster, I’m not recalling his screen name but he liked the Hawks and the Wizards or something and was from DC I think..ended up having a fallout with Dolf..and then there was Hawksfanatic, who also seemed cool and loved his rumple minze but left because he got a gig and was also fed up and felt he wasn’t getting his proper respect. I even asked him do stay and offered all of kg’s services to him, but he left anyways.

You’re an OG gramps! You are the unicorn amongst us Hawks fans! Enjoy the playoffs young man!

Walter was the first to draw Dolf's ire and receive the banhammer. Should have seen the signs years ago of Stalin rising but just assumed Walter must have crossed some major lines to get his account deleted.

Jason Walker went up to the big leagues. Ran his own blogs and I believe founded PTH with his fancy media credentials.

Exodus....whom people in the old country claimed I was... lived up to his namesake and just left on his own. He turned in his Hawks fandom banking on the Wizards being better... Well, you can find him over on the Wiz board under the name 'tontoz'. Say hi.

'Fanatic. My brother for life and CBA sensei got a gig on PTH and something else that required all his old posts be hidden lest they find something... unsavory. Which reminds me, most of us could be up for capital crime charges if transcripts from Hamsterdam ever got out.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#51 » by jayu70 » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:07 pm

MaceCase wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

Walter was the first to draw Dolf's ire and receive the banhammer. Should have seen the signs years ago of Stalin rising but just assumed Walter must have crossed some major lines to get his account deleted.

Jason Walker went up to the big leagues. Ran his own blogs and I believe founded PTH with his fancy media credentials.

Exodus....whom people in the old country claimed I was... lived up to his namesake and just left on his own. He turned in his Hawks fandom banking on the Wizards being better... Well, you can find him over on the Wiz board under the name 'tontoz'. Say hi.

'Fanatic. My brother for life and CBA sensei got a gig on PTH and something else that required all his old posts be hidden lest they find something... unsavory. Which reminds me, most of us could be up for capital crime charges if transcripts from Hamsterdam ever got out.

I wasn't an active poster early on, so my memory of Walter and Exodus is limited.

'Fanatic gave me a crash course in the CBA. I used to be fustrated as why we couldn't sign players but other teams could. He broke it down for me, do all that I know I owe to him. I check his twitter now and then for CBA info.
Hamsterdam :lol:
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#52 » by Spud2nique » Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:42 pm

MaceCase wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

Return to Atlanta Hawks