ImageImage

Biggest Hawks’ question: Is Budenholzer coming back?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Re: Biggest Hawks’ question: Is Budenholzer coming back? 

Post#101 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:21 pm

So when it’s all said and done, is it possible Budenholzer stays put — or more painfully leave Atlanta for another situation?

“I don’t think it’s completely out of the realm for him to stay there,” says Marc Stein of the NY Times. “Look, there are other jobs open. He’ll surely get interviews elsewhere if it doesn’t work out with the Suns. It’s not one of those deals where it’s so acrimonious where the Hawks and Budenholzer can’t look at each other anymore and they’re finished. It’s not at all like that.”
Arizona Sports
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#102 » by Spud2nique » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:27 pm

I think we should throw Bud a welcome back party! The guy is a winner, he just forgot we were tanking and had the nerve (darn him) to win us a couple games at the end of the year. Comon whatdya say? I can whip up some sausages on the grill and have kg get started on that German chocolate cake in the sac. Whose got sauerkraut duties?

Welcome home! We missed you!

DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,863

Post#103 » by DirtybirdGA » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:29 pm

Nope, now he's meeting with the Knicks.
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#104 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:34 pm

Michael Cunningham got tired of being scooped by Schultz and C-Viv:

Read on Twitter

Sent from my iPad using RealGM Forums
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,036

Post#105 » by tbhawksfan1 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:03 am

"Biggest Hawks' question": Will the team's ownership / management ever stop in-fighting

No matter how this situation is resolved, everyone in the NBA smells more baked bird.

A list of Hawks present problems:

Ressler: not hearing much from him since last years debacle. The Bud situation likely started with Ressler opening his un-informed mouth. Owners need to exist... in the back-ground.

TS: no matter how the Bud situation plays out, TS has failed at one thing; making his esteemed coach happy. Communication is a very important part of GM's job and TS and Bud obviously can't come to agreement, or it's just about the money.

Bud: I don't give an ish about his hurt feelings. He super sucked as POBO. Love him as Hawks' coach though.

With years of FO and ownership catastrophies behind us, it would be nice for the suits to run the team like a well-oiled business with out the destructive drama.

I'm insulted by the assertions that this Bud situation is a good thing for the team
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#106 » by kg01 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:46 pm

Is he meeting with the Nix or do the Nix 'plan to' meet with him?

Anyone see a problem with this 'report' and the Nix's search overall?

Is Mills making the hire or is Perry, 'cause it sounds like there are 2 very different lists of candidates coming out of New York. Their only public criteria has been stte, uh, we want someone that can work with management." Translation: we wanna be able to control this clown.

Well, guess who has the most power there? Clearly Mills so he'll be hiring his guy. Have fun with that, Perry.

Oh and if Budenholzer signs up to be the rodeo clown, good luck. Them decades of willful dysfunction dwarfs our clownership.
king01 :king:
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#107 » by King Ken » Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:18 pm

I'll say there is a 95%-98% chance Bud returns. It's hard seeing a team willing to do a pick swap for the #1 for the #4 plus the 16th pick or a team trading their top 10 pick for Bud in this draft. Teams might like and love Bud and we do too but how good can you be when one of your best assets ends up leaving just to land Bud. It's extremely unlikely Bud leaves.
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,422

Post#108 » by graymule » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:10 pm

King Ken wrote:I'll say there is a 95%-98% chance Bud returns. It's hard seeing a team willing to do a pick swap for the #1 for the #4 plus the 16th pick or a team trading their top 10 pick for Bud in this draft. Teams might like and love Bud and we do too but how good can you be when one of your best assets ends up leaving just to land Bud. It's extremely unlikely Bud leaves.

:D
I really, really hope you are correct. The grass may look greener in the other pasture but, beware of the B.S. that is
spread around thick. When you step in it, it stinks!

If some of our front office or owners are trying to show him the door, shame on them. We really need to keep Bud.
But, if he does leave, I hope we come up with a good one.

Our grass looks pretty green to me. Think of all the young lads we saw play for the Hawks and all the G League players.
Add to this our four draft picks this summer. Then, look at the new health - training center that is better than any other
team in the NBA has plus the completely renovated home court, ready for next season.

Some says we will not be much better next season than we were this season. Bull Feathers! If we had really wanted
to, Hawks could have done things differently, spent a little and made the playoffs. Injuries + the tank prevented this.
Can Bud find a much better deal than ours?

:noway:
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#109 » by kg01 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 3:28 am

graymule wrote:
King Ken wrote:I'll say there is a 95%-98% chance Bud returns. It's hard seeing a team willing to do a pick swap for the #1 for the #4 plus the 16th pick or a team trading their top 10 pick for Bud in this draft. Teams might like and love Bud and we do too but how good can you be when one of your best assets ends up leaving just to land Bud. It's extremely unlikely Bud leaves.

I really, really hope you are correct. The grass may look greener in the other pasture but, beware of the B.S. that is

If some of our front office or owners are trying to show him the door, shame on them. We really need to keep Bud.

Our grass looks pretty green to me. Think of all the young lads we saw play for the Hawks and all the G League players.
Add to this our four draft picks this summer. Then, look at the new health - training center that is better than any other
team in the NBA has plus the completely renovated home court, ready for next season.

Some says we will not be much better next season than we were this season. Bull Feathers! If we had really wanted
to, Hawks could have done things differently, spent a little and made the playoffs. Injuries + the tank prevented this.

As I get older, I'm learning the grass is always greener over the leaking septic tank.
king01 :king:
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#110 » by Spud2nique » Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:09 am

kg01 wrote:
graymule wrote:

As I get older, I'm learning the grass is always greener over the leaking septic tank.

:lol: Everything’s so greeeeeeeeennn!

-History of the world Mel
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#111 » by jayu70 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:56 pm

Any update on Bud's NY interview?
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#112 » by ATL Boy » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:22 pm

Man, if Bud isn't gonna leave us for a promising Suns job in his hometown there's no way he's leaving us for the circus that is the Knicks.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#113 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:17 am

Ahhhhh, the New York tabloids. I kind of don't believe any of this.

Nonetheless...

Read on Twitter

Mike Budenholzer wants Knicks job because he’s sick of losing

Mike Budenholzer is genuinely interested in the Knicks’ job, according to an NBA source who has spoken to the Hawks coach.

“New York’s his top choice,’’ the NBA source said. “If they offered him the job, he’d say yes. He wants to live in New York.’’

Budenholzer appears so disillusioned with the current Hawks’ philosophy, it’s difficult to imagine him returning. Atlanta is adopting the blueprint set by the “Trust The Process’’ Sixers. Budenholzer now has no power regarding personnel.

Like the Hawks and Suns, the Knicks are also amid a slow rebuild. “There’s a good chance Atlanta is not looking to win games the next two years. This wasn’t Mike’s decision. He didn’t expect it. He doesn’t want to lose games.’’

There’s a sentiment Atlanta’s ownership believes it is harder to go through a “Trust The Process’’ era with Budenholzer coaching...There’s also sentiment the Hawks may not delve into the free-agent market this summer to boost their roster.

“Ownership has quite a bit of money on the line,’’ an NBA executive said. “They may be thinking why pay him $6 million a year if they’re not a playoff contender? Why not pay someone $2 million a year for the next two years?’’
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,036

Post#114 » by tbhawksfan1 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:15 pm

No idea if Bud is interested, but everything else seems accurate
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#115 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:09 pm

Knicks to interview Hawks coach Budenholzer for their vacancy

The Knicks will interview Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer for their vacant head coach position this weekend, according to a person with knowledge of New York’s plans. Budenholzer declined to comment Friday. His continued interest in other coaching jobs indicates that he strongly prefers to move on from the Hawks as they continue to rebuild.

However, Hawks general manager Travis Schlenk hasn’t ruled out Budenholzer remaining with the team, according to a person with knowledge of Schlenk’s plans. Budenholzer is under contract for two more seasons and about $14 million. The Hawks have told teams interested in hiring Budenholzer that they will require compensation, most likely draft picks, to release him from his contract.

Before this season, Schlenk shed the roster of high-priced veterans while focusing on acquiring draft picks, young players and salary-cap flexibility.
myAJC
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#116 » by macd-gm » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:50 pm

This continues to suck and definitely signals we will be watching a crappy team for a while. Schenky hasn't ruled out keeping Bud in the event he can't get out of the contract. That's all that means. They are trying to save money.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#117 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:21 pm

macd-gm wrote:This continues to suck and definitely signals we will be watching a crappy team for a while. Schenky hasn't ruled out keeping Bud in the event he can't get out of the contract. That's all that means. They are trying to save money.

is it too soon to start familiarizing ourselves with Cam Reddish and RJ Barrett (and the rest of the 2018 draft class)?

NOTE: If we really are years away from even being competitive, I expect Trav to begin taking offers for DenniS and Taurean sooner than later.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#118 » by ATL Boy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:23 pm

The longer this goes on the more fine I am with Bud leaving.

Seriously, we're in this relationship and letting him openly flaunt his side pieces? I'd like to start looking for a replacement immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#119 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:45 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
reazun
Pro Prospect
And1: 140

Post#120 » by reazun » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:38 pm

heres another stating that Bud would leave ATL for NY.

I think we will have another coach next season yall

https://clutchpoints.com/knicks-rumors-hawks-coach-mike-budenholzer-believed-desire/

Return to Atlanta Hawks