ImageImage

2019 NBA Draft Prep

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

What direction should Hawks go with their lottery picks?

Sekou Doumbouya
18%
Coby White
4%
Jaxson Hayes
9%
Nassir Little
5%
Cam Reddish
34%
Bol Bol
14%
Brandon Clarke
10%
Trade the picks
7%

Total votes: 103

King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Re: 2019 NBA Draft Prep 

Post#1721 » by King Ken » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:18 pm

I just hope we move up in the top 5 because 6-10 is much weaker than last year although I am high on Clarke and Hunter. I still have Reddish as a top 5 pick. As foolish as it is. Him and Bol are just too damn talented and Reddish fits our style of play
gurpilo
Junior
And1: 30

Post#1722 » by gurpilo » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:49 pm

I am cooling down on Hunter, he is 2 years older than Reddish and Culver and even 1 year older than Hachimura even as a sophomore, I think Reddish has more potential, hopefully he is there when is our turn
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#1723 » by Spud2nique » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:47 pm

I’ve fallen in and out of love with almost every prospect in these last two drafts than I’ve ever with any women throughout grade school...high school..college.

{insert @kg joke)

Seriously... it’s just a little too much. Like last year Gafford was on my top 15, now 2nd round? WTH!

I loved Culver now I’m cooling. The hot girl is obviously Cam. Eybody wanna ride Cam! (use diff words)

Before the crazy tourney starts if we have 2 top 10 picks gimme Cam (best player and highest upside) and Hunter (solid starter at worst). My dark horse for the Mavs pick is Keldon. I totally understand that he’s not the best on the offensive end though not shabby by any means but he can lock the other team’s best player down every night allowing our big 3 to go at the other team.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#1724 » by King Ken » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:53 pm

Spud2nique wrote:I’ve fallen in and out of love with almost every prospect in these last two drafts than I’ve ever with any women throughout grade school...high school..college.

{insert @kg joke)

Seriously... it’s just a little too much. Like last year Gafford was on my top 15, now 2nd round? WTH!

I loved Culver now I’m cooling. The hot girl is obviously Cam. Eybody wanna ride Cam! (use diff words)

Before the crazy tourney starts if we have 2 top 10 picks gimme Cam (best player and highest upside) and Hunter (solid starter at worst). My dark horse for the Mavs pick is Keldon. I totally understand that he’s not the best on the offensive end though not shabby by any means but he can lock the other team’s best player down every night allowing our big 3 to go at the other team.

I would do my dance if we got both Hunter and Cam or if we got Cam and Zion. Getting Zion is the coup for me
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#1725 » by Spud2nique » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:08 am

King Ken wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:I’ve fallen in and out of love with almost every prospect in these last two drafts than I’ve ever with any women throughout grade school...high school..college.

{insert @kg joke)

I would do my dance if we got both Hunter and Cam or if we got Cam and Zion. Getting Zion is the coup for me

Oh my god. I’d do unthinkable things to get Zion. Trae Zion Collins Huerter. Seriously, guys known by one name, Magic, Lebron, Kobe, Zion. Hawks would be THE hot ticket in town.
Indyhawks26
Ballboy
And1: 19

Post#1726 » by Indyhawks26 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:39 am

I see on ESPN new mock they have Hawks drafting Romeo Langford at 5 and I believe Sekou with Mavs pick. Don't know why some think Langford is that good. I certainly do not want Reddish. He may have alot of physical skills but I have seen to many games he just disappears. Its not like he is even on the court and you can't have that drafting 5. I think Bol Bol could be drafted higher than the teens. I hope the Hawks use their 2nd first rounder on him. When I saw FSU play Duke at the start of the game FSU big guy made Duke players change their thinking driving the lane. Being that tall it can intimidate players who will get their shot blocked. I'd love to have an off guard but it doesn't seem to be a clear cut favorite. Right now I'd take Hunter not sure he could play ahooting guard. If we go BPA since so many seem to be the same in skill then Clarke, Hunter would be at the top of the list. What about Rui from Gonzaga?I know Hawks have Collins but if Hawks can't draft for need plus skill then I'd take BPA.
Indyhawks26
Ballboy

Post#1727 » by Indyhawks26 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:43 am

I hope some how the Hawks can move up to top 3 seems like a 3 player draft with alot of question marks beyond. I am sure time will show there were some good players we just have to have faith the Hawks scouting can do the job.
personanongrata
Junior
And1: 261

Post#1728 » by personanongrata » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:12 am

Does anyone have ESPN+? I really would like to read Kevin Pelton's rankings. He rated Trae as the 3rd best prospect last year. Would love if someone could post the full article,

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/26287358/ranking-best-nba-draft-prospects-stats-scouting
Indyhawks26
Ballboy

Post#1729 » by Indyhawks26 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:13 am

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#1730 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:21 am

Spoiler:
personanongrata wrote:Does anyone have ESPN+? I really would like to read Kevin Pelton's rankings.

Indyhawks26 wrote:Kevin Pelton's rankings.

Bruh!

Excerpts, man. Anything behind a paywall must be limited to excerpts only.

You should edit that down to like the 3 most relevant prospects for the Hawks.

NBA mock draft: Teams for Zion, Morant and top tourney prospects

5. ATL De'Andre Hunter PF Virginia So. 6-8 21 years old

6. MEM Cam Reddish SF Duke Fr. 6-9 19 years old

7. ATL (via DAL) Jarrett Culver SG Texas Tech So. 6-6 20 years old

35. ATL Dylan Windler SF Belmont Sr. 6-7 22 years old

41. ATL (via CHA) Ashton Hagans PG Kentucky Fr. 6-3 19.6

42. ATL( via MIN) Darius Bazley SF/PF N/A Fr. 6-9 18.7
ESPN
personanongrata
Junior

Post#1731 » by personanongrata » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:10 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
personanongrata wrote:Does anyone have ESPN+? I really would like to read Kevin Pelton's rankings. He rated Trae as the 3rd best prospect last year. Would love if someone could post the full article,

http://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/26287358/ranking-best-nba-draft-prospects-stats-scouting

Bruh!

Dude, what are you talking about? This draft is wide open, and there is no consensus at all besides Zion. The whole point of asking him was so he could post the whole thing. Are you really not capable of finding what youre looking for in there? It's numerical, its not that hard.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1732 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:16 pm

personanongrata wrote:Dude, what are you talking about? This draft is wide open, and there is no consensus at all besides Zion. The whole point of asking him was so he could post the whole thing. Are you really not capable of finding what youre looking for in there? It's numerical, its not that hard.

Sigh.

This isn't HawkSquawk. You can't just post exclusive content from behind a paywall. We have multiple mods from multiple boards that monitor our forum. This thread in particular.

When they find it, they will be forced to remove the content and may block the user from future posting.

8. Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc.

Users linking to or asking for information to pay content or re-printing copyrighted material without permission will receive a warning and their post will be removed and/or edited out.
RealGM Forum Rules

We've already had to lock and remove the 'Hawksquawk' Thread here because of rules violations.

The mods have traditionally given us leeway in this forum. Don't force them to crackdown by openly flouting the rules.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#1733 » by King Ken » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:16 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spoiler:
personanongrata wrote:Does anyone have ESPN+? I really would like to read Kevin Pelton's rankings.

Bruh!

NBA mock draft: Teams for Zion, Morant and top tourney prospects

5. ATL De'Andre Hunter PF Virginia So. 6-8 21 years old

6. MEM Cam Reddish SF Duke Fr. 6-9 19 years old

7. ATL (via DAL) Jarrett Culver SG Texas Tech So. 6-6 20 years old

35. ATL Dylan Windler SF Belmont Sr. 6-7 22 years old

41. ATL (via CHA) Ashton Hagans PG Kentucky Fr. 6-3 19.6

42. ATL( via MIN) Darius Bazley SF/PF N/A Fr. 6-9 18.7
ESPN

I know it's just a mock but Atlanta is not passing on Reddish if he at #5.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1734 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:25 pm

King Ken wrote:I know it's just a mock but Atlanta is not passing on Reddish if he at #5.

I agree with you there.

Those three SFs at the top are liklely who we're picking from. But passing on Reddish would be tough.

I also don't see us drafting 4 SFs, like they have us doing. Or drafting another Freshman PG. (Even in the 2nd round)

NOTE: I really like that Dylan Windler kid from Belmont. He's a sniper and could be the second coming of Kyle Korver...
Indyhawks26
Ballboy

Post#1735 » by Indyhawks26 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:30 pm

Sorry I have removed Kevin Peltons ratings .Don't want to piss off the mods.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#1736 » by King Ken » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:30 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
King Ken wrote:I know it's just a mock but Atlanta is not passing on Reddish if he at #5.

I agree with you there.

Those three SFs at the top are liklely who we're picking from. But passing on Reddish would be tough.

I also don't see us drafting 4 SFs, like they have us doing. Or drafting another Freshman PG. (Even in the 2nd round)

NOTE: I really like that Dylan Windler kid from Belmont. He's a sniper and could be the second coming of Kyle Korver...

We are clearly taking at least two wings but like you said, four is insane. I like Windler too. I am not sure on the Korver comparison. He is more like a better Joe Ingles as a long term prospect to me. Clearly a coup for the Hawks. I would like to move into the late 1st and lock up that cheap 4 year contract status like we got Omari on

I would be surprised if he is at #35. Fetcher Magee should get some looks from us as well.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1737 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:33 pm

Indyhawks26 wrote:Sorry I have removed Kevin Peltons ratings. Don't want to piss off the mods.

Not a huge deal.

And welcome to the board.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1738 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:40 pm

King Ken wrote:...I like Windler too. I am not sure on the Korver comparison. He is more like a better Joe Ingles as a long term prospect to me. Clearly a coup for the Hawks.

That Joe Ingles comparison sounds about right.

I'd feel much better about Reddish if:

A) he'd gone and played for a different program that taught him to (BETTER) adjust his game to the collegiate level.

B) He was likely to return next year for a huge sophomore leap a la Jarrett Culver.

He's clearly got nasty ball skills and great measurables.
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
Read on Twitter

But he's fallen from a surefire top-3 pick to mid lottery because of his struggles at Duke and next to Zion/RJ.

He needs more time and development, but that kid's game is really impressive when he's on. He's built like PG...but carries himself like JJ. That's concerning.
personanongrata
Junior

Post#1739 » by personanongrata » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:49 pm

Indyhawks26 wrote:Sorry I have removed Kevin Peltons ratings .Don't want to piss off the mods.

Just post his top 15 with out the commentaries or analysis if you could. These aren't nuclear codes or anything.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#1740 » by King Ken » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:01 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
King Ken wrote:...I like Windler too. I am not sure on the Korver comparison. He is more like a better Joe Ingles as a long term prospect to me. Clearly a coup for the Hawks.

That Joe Ingles comparison sounds about right.

I'd feel much better about Reddish if:

A) he'd gone and played for a different program that taught him to (BETTER) adjust his game to the collegiate level.

B) He was likely to return next year for a huge sophomore leap a la Jarrett Culver.

He's clearly got nasty ball skills and great measurables.
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
Read on Twitter

But he's fallen from a surefire top-3 pick to mid lottery because of his struggles at Duke and next to Zion/RJ.

He needs more time and development, but that kid's game is really impressive when he's on. He's built like PG...but carries himself like JJ. That's concerning.

Like Kevin, you aren't drafting him for year 1, you are drafting him for year 2 and especially 3. Then his potential. I feel comfortable drafting him in our system. Like Kevin, he must get stronger. Gets in trouble due to his lack of strength.

I doubt he goes passed 6th. His potential is too high and he has produced and continues to show flashes. When you have his frame and talent, that's extremely hard to overlook even if he is not exactly good right now.

Return to Atlanta Hawks