ImageImage

2019 NBA Draft Prep

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

What direction should Hawks go with their lottery picks?

Sekou Doumbouya
18%
Coby White
4%
Jaxson Hayes
9%
Nassir Little
5%
Cam Reddish
34%
Bol Bol
14%
Brandon Clarke
10%
Trade the picks
7%

Total votes: 103

kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Re: 2019 NBA Draft Prep 

Post#1741 » by kg01 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:09 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:This isn't HawkSquawk. You can't just post exclusive content from behind a paywall. We have multiple mods from multiple boards that monitor our forum. This thread in particular.

For the record ... brah, this wasn't allowed on the squawk either.

Carry on ...
king01 :king:
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#1742 » by King Ken » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:16 pm

kg01 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:This isn't HawkSquawk. You can't just post exclusive content from behind a paywall. We have multiple mods from multiple boards that monitor our forum. This thread in particular.

Carry on ...

It really wasn't allowed on the Squawk, ahf would remove it ASAP
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#1743 » by kg01 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:21 pm

King Ken wrote:
kg01 wrote:

Carry on ...

Yeah. I think our guy @jamallll was looking down his nose at us 'squawk-refugees with his comment.

You hurt my feewings, @jamalll. :cry:
king01 :king:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Post#1744 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:30 pm

kg01 wrote:
King Ken wrote:
kg01 wrote:

Carry on ...

Yeah. I think our guy @jamallll was looking down his nose at us 'squawk-refugees with his comment.

LOL

I'll take a note from Spud and try to be a kinder, gentler pain in the a** poster in the future.

:tooth
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1745 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:49 pm

personanongrata wrote:Just post his top 15 with out the commentaries or analysis if you could. These aren't nuclear codes or anything.

I'll do it. It's a weird list, though.

You can guess who's #1 and #2. The rest are PGs or fringe prospects unlikely to go in the 1st round. (Tyrese Haliburton?!?)

Ranking the best NBA draft prospects by stats and scouting

3. Cam Reddish
4. RJ Barrett
5. Bol Bol

8. Dedric Lawson
Spoiler:
Dedric Lawson Is Right Where He Belongs
A disastrous NBA Draft Combine after his freshman season at Memphis left the versatile forward trying to figure out what went wrong. Now a junior at Kansas, he's the one sure thing for a school trying to figure out what will go right

Perhaps no player in the Big 12 has carried a larger load for his team than the 6'9", 235-pound forward has for the Jayhawks.
Bleacher Report

9. Talen Horton-Tucker

11. Jarrett Culver

13. Jaxson Hayes
14. De'Andre Hunter
15. Matisse Thybulle
16. Brandon Clarke
ESPN
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#1746 » by Spud2nique » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:04 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
kg01 wrote:
King Ken wrote:It really wasn't allowed on the Squawk, ahf would remove it ASAP

LOL

I'll take a note from Spud and try to be a kinder, gentler pain in the a** poster in the future.

:tooth

:naaa:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1747 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:07 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1748 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:50 pm

5 best NBA Draft prospects in the NCAA Tournament

2. R.J. Barrett | Wing | Duke

R.J. Barrett came into Duke as one of the most highly regarded recruits in his class. His numbers have been strong — 22.9 points, 7.5 rebounds and 4.1 assists per game — and he’s certainly had his signature moments. Star potential is the reason R.J. Barrett likely winds up as the second player taken in the 2019 NBA Draft but there are plenty of questions about Barrett.

The best version of Barrett is a primary ball-handler and three-level scorer who can carry an NBA offense, creating efficient scoring opportunities for himself and leveraging defensive attention to create openings for his teammates. Barrett has as good a chance of becoming that type of player as any other wing in this draft, but to get there he’ll need to be a much more consistent finisher, shooter and decision-maker. He’s shooting 30.4 percent on 3-pointers for the season, and just 22.7 percent over his last 10 games. Barrett has a healthy field goal percentage inside the arc but his strength and athleticism haven’t really translated into elite finishing ability. He’s improved over the course of the season but still has a tendency to get tunnel vision attacking the basket and had nearly as many turnovers (25) as assists (31) during the six games Zion Williamson missed with injury.

Make no mistake, Barrett could be an NBA star. But he’s also a reminder that, in this draft, there are no sure things, except…[/u][/b]

3. Jarrett Culver | Wing | Texas Tech

Culver hasn’t gotten nearly as much attention as the Duke trio or the explosive Morant but his size and well-rounded skill set may make him one of the safest possibilities for a top-five pick. Culver, a 6-foot-5 wing, has averaged 18.5 points, 6.3 rebounds and 3.6 assists per game for an incredibly strong Texas Tech team.

From an NBA perspective, the most attractive elements of Culver’s profile are his defensive potential and playmaking ability. He is probably not headed for a role as a primary ball-handler but as a secondary creator, who can both find open teammates and score at the rim or get himself to the free throw line, Culver is extremely appealing. One of the big questions he’ll have to answer moving forward is whether he can be a reliable outside shooter.

Culver shot 38.2 on 144 3-point attempts as a freshman but has hit 32.3 percent on 130 attempts this season.
Fansided
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1749 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:58 pm

If we didn't already have Huerter onboard, I'd strongly consider taking this kid in the 25-35 range.

Read on Twitter
King Ken
General Manager

Post#1750 » by King Ken » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:07 pm

I am cooling off on R.J. fit with the Hawks but heating up on him being a legit NBA superstar down the line. Needs too much usage and will cut Traes effectiveness down.

Best fits for him are: Knicks, Grizzlies, Lakers, Pelicans and the Hornets.

I am leaning that Cleveland joins the Chicago and Phoenix sweepstakes and looks to draft a PG. Sexton is more of a SG and looking like a future All Star.
marco102
Junior
And1: 717

Post#1751 » by marco102 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:31 pm

King Ken wrote:I am cooling off on R.J. fit with the Hawks but heating up on him being a legit NBA superstar down the line. Needs too much usage and will cut Traes effectiveness down.

I am leaning that Cleveland joins the Chicago and Phoenix sweepstakes and looks to draft a PG. Sexton is more of a SG and looking like a future All Star.

Sexton has been scoring well lately and efficiently. I wonder if he'll get rookie of the month over Trae this month. He's shooting much better than Trae, but not rebounding ( :o ) or assisting as well. It'll be an interesting race.
I'm working with my firm to assist small businesses apply for the stimulus assistance. If you're interested please pm.
We are also offering a cashflow bootcamp for small businesses (https://www.aprio.com/whatsnext/covid-19-cash-flow-bootcamp/ ).
King Ken
General Manager

Post#1752 » by King Ken » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:59 pm

marco102 wrote:
King Ken wrote:I am cooling off on R.J. fit with the Hawks but heating up on him being a legit NBA superstar down the line. Needs too much usage and will cut Traes effectiveness down.

Sexton has been scoring well lately and efficiently. I wonder if he'll get rookie of the month over Trae this month. He's shooting much better than Trae, but not rebounding ( :o ) or assisting as well. It'll be an interesting race.

It will be tough, he really isn't doing anything but scoring and scoring efficiently but they gave the award to Knox for doing less.
personanongrata
Junior
And1: 261

Post#1753 » by personanongrata » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:03 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
personanongrata wrote:Just post his top 15 with out the commentaries or analysis if you could. These aren't nuclear codes or anything.

I'll do it. It's a weird list, though.

You can guess who's #1 and #2. The rest are PGs or fringe prospects unlikely to go in the 1st round. (Tyrese Haliburton?!?)

Ranking the best NBA draft prospects by stats and scouting

3. Cam Reddish
4. RJ Barrett
5. Bol Bol

8. Dedric Lawson
Spoiler:
Dedric Lawson Is Right Where He Belongs
A disastrous NBA Draft Combine after his freshman season at Memphis left the versatile forward trying to figure out what went wrong. Now a junior at Kansas, he's the one sure thing for a school trying to figure out what will go right

Perhaps no player in the Big 12 has carried a larger load for his team than the 6'9", 235-pound forward has for the Jayhawks.
Bleacher Report

9. Talen Horton-Tucker

11. Jarrett Culver

13. Jaxson Hayes
14. De'Andre Hunter
15. Matisse Thybulle
16. Brandon Clarke
ESPN

How come you omitted #6,7,10, and 12?
personanongrata
Junior

Post#1754 » by personanongrata » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:04 pm

Sexton could be a Kemba Walker level scorer.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#1755 » by King Ken » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:28 pm

personanongrata wrote:

Possibly but he is not a Kemba on any level PG. He is a SG like C.J. McCollum
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#1756 » by Radioblacktive1 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:37 pm

Just wanna throw some good juju in the air. I did the Lottery Simulator and #1 and #7 twice in a row.
marco102
Junior
And1: 717

Post#1757 » by marco102 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:16 pm

Radioblacktive1 wrote:Just wanna throw some good juju in the air. I did the Lottery Simulator and #1 and #7 twice in a row.

My boss has walked by and caught me on that thing several times. I need my job, so I better just stay clear of it!
I'm working with my firm to assist small businesses apply for the stimulus assistance. If you're interested please pm.
We are also offering a cashflow bootcamp for small businesses (https://www.aprio.com/whatsnext/covid-19-cash-flow-bootcamp/ ).
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#1758 » by Spud2nique » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:20 pm

King Ken wrote:
personanongrata wrote:

Possibly but he is not a Kemba on any level PG. He is a SG like C.J. McCollum

Don’t insult CJ man. I guess you didn’t compare him but rather stated a fact that he is a SG, but can we like pick Dion Waiters or something? :lol:

It’s enough that kg and I always battle CJ and Beal but I dunno man, CJ is a higher tier to me. I dunno, I wish he does great but I don’t see Sexton staying consistent. That’s just me.
personanongrata
Junior

Post#1759 » by personanongrata » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:21 pm

Radioblacktive1 wrote:Just wanna throw some good juju in the air. I did the Lottery Simulator and #1 and #7 twice in a row.

Just did one. Dallas got the #1 overall pick and we got #8. This is scary stuff.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#1760 » by Spud2nique » Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:22 pm

marco102 wrote:

My boss has walked by and caught me on that thing several times. I need my job, so I better just stay clear of it!

:lol: :lol: Tell the boss to do it too. It’s addicting. I’ve been running that thing daily a few times for months.

Did it this morning we ended up with 1 and 7 (Zion and Hayes).

:nod:

Return to Atlanta Hawks