The most important NBA Draft Lottery in Hawks History -- Tuesday @ 7:30

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Re: The most important NBA Draft Lottery in Hawks History -- Tuesday @ 7:30 

Post#281 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:31 am

I do love Lonnie Walker. Dude has some Jaylen Brown to his game.

Read on Twitter

Zach Lowe on The Lowe Post Podcast featuring Jonathan Givony dropped today, and some juicy Hawks rumors came of it.

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#282 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:31 pm

Steve Kyler wrote:NBA Draft Chatter

Trades At The Top Still Viable

The Atlanta Hawks have had the third overall pick on the market from almost the moment they landed it. The Hawks seem ready to use the pick but are said to still be exploring their options. The prevailing thought this week is it’s down to Bagley, Jaren Jackson Jr. and Trae Young for the Hawks, with more and more league sources believing the Hawks will draft Young at three. While the notion of grabbing Young at three may seem high, the Hawks have had eyes on Young from the start of the process, and not much seems to have changed. The Hawks have made it clear they would take on contract money in exchange for additional draft assets, so it seems likely the Hawks will be active, even if it’s not moving the third pick.
Basketball Insiders
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#283 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:17 pm

Paul Newberry wrote:Hawks could turn deep supply of picks into draft-day trade

As the only general manager holding three first-round picks in Thursday night's NBA draft, including No. 3 overall, Atlanta's Travis Schlenk has been a popular target for trade talk.

Overall, the Hawks have four picks in the top 34. That's more than enough depth to attract interest, but the rebuilding Hawks are even more attractive trade targets because they also have about $20 million in salary cap space. That creates more attractive options for a team needing to unload a contract in a trade.

Schlenk says he is answering every call and considering all options — including the possibility of trading up or down from the No. 3 spot.

"This is the highest pick that I've been a part of," Schlenk said last week. "At Golden State, the highest pick we had was six. So it's exciting. Having the four picks, along with the third pick, we get a lot of phone calls, which is exciting as well, and we're going to go through all the options that are presented to us and make the best decision, hopefully."

He says he's comfortable with the idea of opening the 2018-19 season with four rookies.

Pierce stressed defense in his first news conference in Atlanta. Schlenk said it's important to land players with balanced offensive and defensive skills.

"Obviously when you look at the best teams in the league, the majority of the time they're good defensive teams," Schlenk said. "But at the end of the day, if you're not scoring 100 points you're probably not winning, so we're going to look for guys that are two-way players, who can play defensively, but also we've got to be able to score the ball on the other end."

"I've maintained all along, and I honestly believe this, we're going to take the best player," Schlenk said. "We're in a situation where we're looking to add the most talent we can, and we're going to get a good player at the third pick."
AP Sports
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#284 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:38 am

Read on Twitter

Doncic's elevation within the Hawks organization reflects a leaguewide belief that Deandre Ayton and Marvin Bagley III could go 1-2 to Phoenix and Sacramento, respectively, to open the draft, league sources said.

If the Kings pass on Bagley, that would clearly complicate the Hawks' ultimate choice with the third pick.

Doncic started to separate himself in organizational discussions around the choice, an examination that has included a tremendous intrigue with Jaren Jackson Jr., league sources said.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#285 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:39 am

Getting two lottery picks in a loaded draft: Brilliant!!

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#286 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:57 am

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#287 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:42 pm

Not only do I think this kid is the best all around SG in the draft, I think he's ideal running mate for Luka.

Make it so, #1.

NBA Draft 2018: Atlanta Hawks reportedly ‘targeting’ Lonnie Walker with trade interest

Putting a face on a theoretical scenario.

The Hawks have also dangled their No. 19 and 30 picks to move up in the draft, league sources told The Athletic. The Clippers (picks 12 and 13) and Nuggets (pick 14) are among the targets for Atlanta, league sources say. Atlanta is targeting Miami’s Lonnie Walker IV in an attempt to move up from No. 19, league sources told The Athletic.
Peachtree Hoops
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#288 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:43 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#289 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:19 am

For the archives, a draft rumor I don't 100% believe:

According to Cleveland.com's Joe Vardon, the Cavaliers "were offered on draft night the chance to trade up to No. 3 with the Hawks in a deal that would've sent Kent Bazemore to Cleveland."
Bleacher Report
Yungsta404
Bench Warmer
And1: 470

Post#290 » by Yungsta404 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:45 am

Jamaaliver wrote:For the archives, a draft rumor I don't 100% believe:

According to Cleveland.com's Joe Vardon, the Cavaliers "were offered on draft night the chance to trade up to No. 3 with the Hawks in a deal that would've sent Kent Bazemore to Cleveland."
Bleacher Report

There could be some truth.

There were rumors that Trae's stock was dropping and could of potentially been there at 8. Also I am starting to belive that Luka wasn't a real option for us and the Luka to Atlanta talks was just a smokescreen to initiate trade talks with other teams that desperately wanted him.

Travis's plan could of been to dump Bazemore and get an unprotected first. Then use our extra cap to get more picks.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#291 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jul 12, 2018 11:47 am

Yungsta404 wrote:There could be some truth.

There were rumors that Trae's stock was dropping and could of potentially been there at 8. Also I am starting to belive that Luka wasn't a real option for us and the Luka to Atlanta talks was just a smokescreen to initiate trade talks with other teams that desperately wanted him.

Travis's plan could of been to dump Bazemore and get an unprotected first. Then use our extra cap to get more picks.

I suppose. But if we trade down to #8 but ORL picks Trae at #6 like we suspect they really wanted to...who are we left with as our lottery pick?

And what are we doing with that extra $18 million this summer? Still taking on bad deals or actually shopping in Free Agent market?

There's so many variables at play in that scenario, I can't get a feel for how it plays out.
reazun
Pro Prospect
And1: 140

Post#292 » by reazun » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:18 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Yungsta404 wrote:There could be some truth.

I suppose. But if we trade down to #8 but ORL picks Trae at #6 like we suspect they really wanted to...who are we left with as our lottery pick?

And what are we doing with that extra $18 million this summer? Still taking on bad deals or actually shopping in Free Agent market?

There's so many variables at play in that scenario, I can't get a feel for how it plays out.

Yeah, I dont see us dropping below 6. We only had individual workouts for like 4 players?? i think it was 4..Trae, Mo Bamba, JJJ, and Bagley I think. If we dropped to 8 there is no chance of us getting any of the players that we were hoping for.
Yungsta404
Bench Warmer
And1: 470

Post#293 » by Yungsta404 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:12 pm

Read on Twitter

So according to a cav's insider. The hawks wanted 2 unprotected 1st rounders with a JR smith and Kent Bazemore swap. Most likely (2021 & 2023).

So basically we wanted a ransom to drop down to the 8th pick.
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#294 » by ATL Boy » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:27 pm

Yungsta404 wrote:
Read on Twitter

So according to a cav's insider. The hawks wanted 2 unprotected 1st rounders with a JR smith and Kent Bazemore swap. Most likely (2021 & 2023).

So basically we wanted a ransom to drop down to the 8th pick.

As we should have. With Lebron leaving and the Cavs becoming even less of a FA destination as a result, those picks could've become a Brooklyn situation for them. I'm glad Schlenk asked for the farm.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.

Return to Atlanta Hawks