ImageImage

How many Hawks Fans would NOT select Luka Doncic if he somehow fell to #3?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Re: How many Hawks Fans would NOT select Luka Doncic if he somehow fell to #3? 

Post#161 » by leolozon » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:37 am

Geaux_Hawks wrote:
reazun wrote:Yeah, I am sure I am probably the only one here that got exactly what I wanted...sorry, I tried , but could never be sold on doncic.

Sent from my SM-T820 using RealGM mobile app

I preferred this over Doncic. Tre gives you almost the exact same, and is probably more dynamic. You're definitely not alone although I wouldn't have mind Bamba either.

How can 6'1 give you almost the same as a 6'8 guy? That doesn't make any sense. You can't hide Tre on anyone on defense.
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Post#162 » by Geaux_Hawks » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:47 am

leolozon wrote:
Geaux_Hawks wrote:
reazun wrote:Yeah, I am sure I am probably the only one here that got exactly what I wanted...sorry, I tried , but could never be sold on doncic.

Sent from my SM-T820 using RealGM mobile app

I preferred this over Doncic. Tre gives you almost the exact same, and is probably more dynamic. You're definitely not alone although I wouldn't have mind Bamba either.

How can 6'1 give you almost the same as a 6'8 guy? That doesn't make any sense. You can't hide Tre on anyone on defense.

You can't hide Doncic either. Your point?!
sorokii
Junior
And1: 32

Post#163 » by sorokii » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:16 am

You traded away the most talented player on this draft. That is the real risk, not how his game would translate to the NBA.
da da da da daaaaaa...
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,755

Post#164 » by leolozon » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:08 am

Geaux_Hawks wrote:
leolozon wrote:
Geaux_Hawks wrote:I preferred this over Doncic. Tre gives you almost the exact same, and is probably more dynamic. You're definitely not alone although I wouldn't have mind Bamba either.

He's 6'8 and over 220 pounds, he could potentially defend slower/stronger guy, Tre can't do that.

And the point was that a 6'1 guy can't give you almost the exact same as a 6'8 guy… That's ludicrous. They are nothing alike, they won't give you the same things.
Owen_Bart
Ballboy
And1: 13

Post#165 » by Owen_Bart » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:59 am

I don't think you can really give an opinion on this trade until you see what Trae and Luka do this year. Because if that pick is 6-10 next year from Dallas this could be a trade that the Hawks have won. How many people questioned the Celtics for moving out of #1 last year and now look at the impact Tatum has had.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#166 » by D21 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:23 pm

Geaux_Hawks wrote:
leolozon wrote:
Geaux_Hawks wrote:I preferred this over Doncic. Tre gives you almost the exact same, and is probably more dynamic. You're definitely not alone although I wouldn't have mind Bamba either.

Sorry but I have to disagree on this, because what makes you think you need to hide Doncic ?
Did he show some bad defense ? The physical report made on Doncic tells he's in the 25% NBA best.
He seems to play slowly, but do Joe looked like he was a fast guy when playing ? Do Dirk looks like an very athletic guy ? Magic ?

I don't say that Doncic will be twice what Trae will be, but choice don't have to be made on false information like the PHX radio and fans were doing.

Owen_Bart wrote:I don't think you can really give an opinion on this trade until you see what Trae and Luka do this year. Because if that pick is 6-10 next year from Dallas this could be a trade that the Hawks have won. How many people questioned the Celtics for moving out of #1 last year and now look at the impact Tatum has had.

It's a bit paradoxal ;-)
If we need to see both playing (I agree on the future DAL pick) to compare, then you can't make any conclusion on Tatum, because Fultz was injured and almost did not play.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,603

Post#167 » by atlantabbq99 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:48 am

Doncic looks like he is 6'6 and not 6'9...

reazun
Pro Prospect
And1: 140

Post#168 » by reazun » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:16 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:Image

This will burn forever, another everlasting scare for Hawks fans with the organization's pathetic and incompetent draft history :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

How did I miss so much of this thread lol. I have alot to say, but we already drafted Trae so i guess its too late now. anyways, Shareef actually played really well for us. he scored almost 20 and 10. Pau did not do that in the years he was in Memphis. Pau's career averages I believe are less than what Shareef did for us in Atlanta. I know that Pau brought alot of inangibles also but still even If we kept Pau, I am pretty sure we would still have missed the playoffs and BK would have blown it up anyways. At least, with Shareef, we had some hype and an all-star on the team.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#169 » by atlantabbq99 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:31 pm

reazun wrote:

This will burn forever, another everlasting scare for Hawks fans with the organization's pathetic and incompetent draft history :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

How did I miss so much of this thread lol. I have alot to say, but we already drafted Trae so i guess its too late now. anyways, Shareef actually played really well for us. he scored almost 20 and 10. Pau did not do that in the years he was in Memphis. Pau's career averages I believe are less than what Shareef did for us in Atlanta. I know that Pau brought alot of inangibles also but still even If we kept Pau, I am pretty sure we would still have missed the playoffs and BK would have blown it up anyways. At least, with Shareef, we had some hype and an all-star on the team.

I agree that Memphis won the trade, but not by much, because Shareef made an all star appearance as a Hawk, but Pau's defense and putting up 20/10 and having a 20yr career would have been alot better for the franchise, especially if they could have also added Joe in 2005.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,930

Post#170 » by jayu70 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:39 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:
reazun wrote:

I agree that Memphis won the trade, but not by much, because Shareef made an all star appearance as a Hawk, but Pau's defense and putting up 20/10 and having a 20yr career would have been alot better for the franchise, especially if they could have also added Joe in 2005.

Exactly this or if we traded Pau get real value back for him.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant

Post#171 » by atlantabbq99 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:53 pm

jayu70 wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:
reazun wrote:

Exactly this or if we traded Pau get real value back for him.

The value Memphis got back from Pau was Marc, which ended up being great for the Griz again.
reazun
Pro Prospect
And1: 140

Post#172 » by reazun » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:06 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:
reazun wrote:

Do you think that BK would have kept him though? Joe and Pau wouldve been great, but as soon as BK came in the first thing he did was trade away all our players that had trade value so he could start from scratch. I dont think Joe and Pau wouldve ever happened regardless. I guess we will never know
~Wretch~
Pro Prospect
And1: 176

Post#173 » by ~Wretch~ » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:30 pm

If he did trade Gasol and assuming this was the year BK wiped the slate clean... We would have been trading a former ROY - a young Gasol who hadn't even hit his prime, putting up 18/8 and 2 blocks per game. Receiving team also has him for at least 2 more seasons with a qualifying offer - longer considering their right to match.

The market value on that is an unprotected lottery pick all day long - probably several.
~Wretch~
Pro Prospect

Post#174 » by ~Wretch~ » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:55 pm

On the subject at hand, and while it's fresh and I still feel comfortable talking about it...

I'd also like to state for the record that I very much understand the bias against Euro guys - because I usually have it. I don't have a straight up, narrow-minded dislike, but the return rate, comparative lack of exposure, and the busts over the years don't help the stigma for me. And yet...Luca made me a believer.

I hope Trae does well and you won't see me trash him - not while he wears our colors. I'm hoping that if Luca is going to blow up, I hope it's well after Trae proves his worth (and after we yank a lottery pick from Dallas).
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,930

Post#175 » by jayu70 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:49 pm

~Wretch~ wrote:On the subject at hand, and while it's fresh and I still feel comfortable talking about it...

I'd also like to state for the record that I very much understand the bias against Euro guys - because I usually have it. I don't have a straight up, narrow-minded dislike, but the return rate, comparative lack of exposure, and the busts over the years don't help the stigma for me. And yet...Luca made me a believer.

I hope Trae does well and you won't see me trash him - not while he wears our colors. I'm hoping that if Luca is going to blow up, I hope it's well after Trae proves his worth (and after we yank a lottery pick from Dallas).

Dallas won't be trying to lose this season.
Read on Twitter
~Wretch~
Pro Prospect

Post#176 » by ~Wretch~ » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:03 pm

jayu70 wrote:
~Wretch~ wrote:On the subject at hand, and while it's fresh and I still feel comfortable talking about it...

Dallas won't be trying to lose this season.
Read on Twitter

I know it....:nonono:

I've been all up in their boards and all over the Internet trying to get a sense of where they're going. And they're making me super anxious. Still, they have their work cut out for them.
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#177 » by macd-gm » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:08 pm

I'm not sure Luka and Deandre is going to move the needle for Dallas that much in the west. It's still Luka's rookie year even if he's a baller.
~Wretch~
Pro Prospect

Post#178 » by ~Wretch~ » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:30 pm

The Hawks fan in me will always worry...lol

I can see them cracking the bottom of the West. There's a couple of spots at 7-8 that could open up if they make some good free agent signings AND Luca hits the ground running. There's a very real possibility that if they don't make the playoffs, that pick will end up in the bottom of the lottery. That's my real concern *thumbs down*...
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#179 » by macd-gm » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:40 pm

~Wretch~ wrote:The Hawks fan in me will always worry...lol

I can see them cracking the bottom of the West. There's a couple of spots at 7-8 that could open up if they make some good free agent signings AND Luca hits the ground running. There's a very real possibility that if they don't make the playoffs, that pick will end up in the bottom of the lottery. That's my real concern *thumbs down*...

I share that concern but it seems like Dallas has forgotten that Dirk is done. They could get a playoff team going easily when Dirk was still an elite player, but now they are in a a rough spot. Of course with no incentive to tank Cuban may pull out all the stops. But he hasn't made a decent trade in years.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#180 » by D21 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:40 pm

Fact is that on the DAL side, they can view it like the draft trade of Robert Taylor for Dirk Nowitzki...
Even if we can still win this trade (still don't know what the DAL pick will be), and that Trae will never be a Robert Traylor, if Doncic ends being an All-star, they will see it like that.

Return to Atlanta Hawks