Welcome to ATL Trae Young

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Re: Welcome to ATL Trae Young 

Post#21 » by kg01 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:41 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
jayu70 wrote:I think I've finally recovered after my initial dissapointment last night.

Welcome to Atlanta Trae!!

I understand. There's a reason I didn't post at all last night.

Hmm, I figured you finally got banned. I guess @spud and I have to put the champagne back on ice?

Kidding (kind of). I'm still sorting through it. Listening to NBARadio today is touuugh. We're basically a laughingstock.
king01 :king:
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,495

Post#22 » by dms269 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:42 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
dms269 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:One other positive from passing on Doncic that I've heard: we'll likely be so bad again next season that we'll be in line for another top-3 selection and elite prospect to add.

According to 92.9, we will be around .500.

The following is aimed at them, not you...

I've come to the conclusion that all of Atlanta sportstalk (which I do love) have non idea what the Hawks are doing.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#23 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:51 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#24 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 22, 2018 4:52 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#25 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:00 pm

Young Trae should definitely lead all rookies in assists next season. Any other accolades on the way?

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#26 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:05 pm

kg01 wrote:I'm still sorting through it. Listening to NBARadio today is touuugh. We're basically a laughingstock.

That's interesting. While fans have been pretty critical of the trade (understandably), I've seen mostly positive feedback from national NBA pundits.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

The Hawks had no identity last season other than that they were terrible, and former coach Mike Budenholzer smartly flew the coop for Milwaukee this summer.

Schlenk might not be able to replicate the Splash Brothers, but he landed two of this year’s top shooting prospects in Young and Huerter. Although size and defensive ability are major questions that will dog Young until he establishes himself as an NBA player, he’s an exciting, fearless playmaker with a magnetic and crowd-pleasing style. Atlanta’s roster is so young and thin that losing in volume is inevitable next season, but Young should make a nice pick-and-roll pairing with John Collins, while the extra pick from Dallas should help Schlenk add to his young core.

Hawks fans are [winners] both now and later: They can enjoy adopting Young as the new face of their franchise comfortable in the knowledge that more help is on the way.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#27 » by Spud2nique » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:58 pm

Welcome Trae!
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,934

Post#28 » by jayu70 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:55 pm

dms269 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
dms269 wrote:
According to 92.9, we will be around .500.

The following is aimed at them, not you...

I've come to the conclusion that all of Atlanta sportstalk (which I do love) have non idea what the Hawks are doing.

Very true. Some if the trade ideas they throw just makes me smdh.
reazun
Pro Prospect
And1: 140

Re: RE: Re: Welcome to ATL Trae Young 

Post#29 » by reazun » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:47 am

td00 wrote:All these geniuses who said TY dropped off the 2nd half, but don’t mentionthat he was double and triple teamed once OU gave out their game plan. He was the pick I wanted because I didn’t want to regret giving him to another Eastern team.
I like TY’s potential and this rebuild starts with him. Perhaps if we would have drafted Conley instead of Al years ago, or even Rondo, we would have progressed faster.

Now finding homes for Baze and DS is on the priority lisrt, after the Baze rumor fell apart.
Exactly! That won't happen in the NBA. Also, the false narrative on his size...Trae young is 6’2, 183 lbs with a 6’3 wingspan. Chris Paul when drafted was 6’1 178 lbs with a 6’4 wingspan, Kemba Walker when drafted 6’1 184 lbs with a 6’4 wingspan. Lowry was 6’1, 179 with a 6’2 wingspan. you see what I mean…Trae Young is really comparable to all star calibur guards when drafted. Steph…6’3, 181 lbs. 6’4 wingspan. We can go back if you want... Iverson 6’1, 175 lbs, 6’2 wingspan when drafted..on and on..

Trae was skinny last year, but he worked..his other weakness defense, right? Now he is paired up with a coach and staff whose two specialities are defense and player development. Coach Pierce said his culture will revolve around defense. Pair that with a coachable and hard working kid and I ain't mad. Just saying

Sent from my SM-T820 using RealGM mobile app
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,603

Post#30 » by atlantabbq99 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:07 am

Who the hell cares about height. Isiah Thomas is 5'8. Nash and Kyrie are barely 6'1

If you are one of those dumb enough to care about height, then you can put this into perspective...

Trae Young Standing reach 7'11

Chris Paul Standing reach 7'9

https://stats.nba.com/draft/combine-anthro/
reazun
Pro Prospect
And1: 140

Post#31 » by reazun » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:47 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:Who the hell cares about height. Isiah Thomas is 5'8. Nash and Kyrie are barely 6'1

If you are one of those dumb enough to care about height, then you can put this into perspective...

I agree, but for some reason lots of people do care. It's one of the main issues that people bring up against trae.

Sent from my SM-J727P using RealGM mobile app
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,603

Post#32 » by atlantabbq99 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:09 pm

reazun wrote:
atlantabbq99 wrote:Who the hell cares about height. Isiah Thomas is 5'8. Nash and Kyrie are barely 6'1

I agree, but for some reason lots of people do care. It's one of the main issues that people bring up against trae.

Sent from my SM-J727P using RealGM mobile app

Apparently Trae is too small but Chris Paul is just fine, even though Trae is 5 pounds heavier as a freshmen then Chris Paul was.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,495

Post#33 » by dms269 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:26 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
kg01 wrote:I'm still sorting through it. Listening to NBARadio today is touuugh. We're basically a laughingstock.

That's interesting. While fans have been pretty critical of the trade (understandably), I've seen mostly positive feedback from national NBA pundits.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

The Hawks had no identity last season other than that they were terrible, and former coach Mike Budenholzer smartly flew the coop for Milwaukee this summer.

Schlenk might not be able to replicate the Splash Brothers, but he landed two of this year’s top shooting prospects in Young and Huerter. Although size and defensive ability are major questions that will dog Young until he establishes himself as an NBA player, he’s an exciting, fearless playmaker with a magnetic and crowd-pleasing style. Atlanta’s roster is so young and thin that losing in volume is inevitable next season, but Young should make a nice pick-and-roll pairing with John Collins, while the extra pick from Dallas should help Schlenk add to his young core.

Hawks fans are [winners] both now and later: They can enjoy adopting Young as the new face of their franchise comfortable in the knowledge that more help is on the way.

A lot of national pundits love the pick we got as well.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
jayu70
RealGM

Post#34 » by jayu70 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:15 pm

A brief freakout — just Young acting a little weird. But then came the horror in Australia a few days later. The setting: gorgeous, horseshoe-shaped Sydney Harbor, with the city’s world-famous Opera House in the not-so-far distance. Ferry boats moan while shops and restaurants bustle with tourists from around the globe. Oklahoma’s team was taking a morning stroll on its way to a guided tour. “Then Trae runs and hides behind [teammate] Hannes [Polla],” Sooners junior Jamuni McNeace said. “We’re walking by the pier when a pigeon runs up on him.” The condition is known as ornithophobia. Trae Young is deathly afraid of birds."

Oh dear, how the heck is he and Harry The Hawks gonna get along. :lol:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#35 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:03 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#36 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:22 pm

Players with Most to Gain in 2018 NBA Summer League

NBA Summer League is an imperfect proving ground, but it provides the first chance to see which young players are ready to improve. If you're playing in summer league, it's probably because you're young and not established as a difference-maker. In that sense, there's a ton at stake for every participant.

These guys have more to gain than most.

Trae Young, Atlanta Hawks

Trae Young is already the Atlanta Hawks' cornerstone in theory. He can use summer league to prove he's one in practice, too.

Young's shooting range and passing eye aren't on Stephen Curry's level, but the vague outline of his game bears resemblance. That makes him one of a small number of 2018 draftees who project as transformative stars. Of course, his lack of size and athleticism could also mean the 6'2" Young is a colossal bust.

That's a wide range of outcomes—one Young can narrow with a stellar summer-league effort.

If he proves he can succeed against NBA-caliber ball pressure, it'll go a long way toward easing concerns about his capacity for stardom. In an ideal scenario for the Hawks, Young will play with the same unbridled confidence and flair he had at Oklahoma—firing off deep treys, escaping from aggressive defenders and single-handedly propping up an offense with his gravity. Curry stuff, basically.

We probably won't see Young's suspect defense tested, since so little is played in these games. But if he's at least willing to compete, then that will be something.

The Hawks got themselves a first-rounder in the deal that brought Young aboard, so if he flops, the exchange won't be a total loss. But if Young thrives in summer league, it would give Atlanta's rebuild a star around which to orbit.
Bleacher Report
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#37 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:53 pm

Read on Twitter
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#38 » by macd-gm » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:22 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yep. He plays like everything is moving in slow motion for him on the court. The more i watch him the more i say Dennis has to be moved. It'll just be an issue eventually even if Dennis is cool. People are going to want to see Trae and he has the tools that will demand playing time.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#39 » by Spud2nique » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:32 pm

macd-gm wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yep. He plays like everything is moving in slow motion for him on the court. The more i watch him the more i say Dennis has to be moved. It'll just be an issue eventually even if Dennis is cool. People are going to want to see Trae and he has the tools that will demand playing time.

I love ur avatar on the other island...kind of staring at it now...congrats again we got ur boy...I think he’s something special. Time will tell.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#40 » by jayu70 » Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:10 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Atlanta Hawks