Read on Twitter
?s=20

what do you think?
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Re: Welcome to ATL Trae Young 

Post#882 » by Spud2nique » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:35 pm

Why so you can run and post my thoughts elsewhere. Nah.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#883 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:41 pm

jayu70 wrote:what do you think?

My first thoughts:

What was he rated this time last season?
At the end of last season?
What's Luka rated?
Or Ja rated?
Or De-Aaron Fox rated?
Or Tatum rated?

These are his peers. The 88 otherwise is pretty arbitrary -- without that context.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#884 » by jayu70 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 7:21 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

My first thoughts:

What's Luka rated?94
Or Ja rated?
Or De-Aaron Fox rated?
Or Tatum rated?90

These are his peers. The 88 otherwise is pretty arbitrary -- without that context.

See above fof the ones i found easily.
Booker - 88
S Mitchl -88
Jamaal Murray - 87
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#885 » by Radioblacktive1 » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:33 pm

Luka is a 94. Presenting that information without opinion.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#886 » by Spud2nique » Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:51 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

My first thoughts:

What's Luka rated?
Or Ja rated?
Or De-Aaron Fox rated?
Or Tatum rated?

Trae 2k19 - 77 rating
Trae 2k20- 85 rating
Trae 2k21- 88 rating

2k21

Ja 85
Fox 85
Tatum 90
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#887 » by HMFFL » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:48 am

jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

what do you think?
I noticed on Facebook many have an issue with how Trae looks.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#888 » by HMFFL » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:49 am

Spud2nique wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

My first thoughts:

What's Luka rated?
Or Ja rated?
Or De-Aaron Fox rated?
Or Tatum rated?

Trae 2k19 - 77 rating
Trae 2k20- 85 rating
Trae 2k21- 88 rating

2k21

Ja 85
Fox 85
Tatum 90
Interesting.
As you play a season I'm assuming his rating has the potential to increase a lot?

Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#889 » by Spud2nique » Fri Oct 23, 2020 5:20 am

HMFFL wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
My first thoughts:

What's Luka rated?
Or Ja rated?
Or De-Aaron Fox rated?
Or Tatum rated?

Trae 2k19 - 77 rating
Trae 2k20- 85 rating
Trae 2k21- 88 rating

2k21

Ja 85
Fox 85
Tatum 90
Interesting.
As you play a season I'm assuming his rating has the potential to increase a lot?

Probably so I don’t do seasons too much times just games. I dunno though for the best passer in the league, an 88 seems just a point or two low to me, conversely I think Tatum at 90 is a couple points too high. Next year though I think Trae is 90+ in ratings. My guess is 92-94.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#890 » by HMFFL » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:38 pm

Twitter: Trae Young (Atlanta Hawks) unfollowed Kyrie Irving (Brooklyn Nets).

– via HoopsHype

Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#891 » by Spud2nique » Fri Oct 23, 2020 4:48 pm

HMFFL wrote:Twitter: Trae Young (Atlanta Hawks) unfollowed Kyrie Irving (Brooklyn Nets).

– via HoopsHype

He’s already getting smarter. The earth isn’t flat, you aren’t prophetic. Kyrie will get used to 2nd round playoff exits soon enough. (And I’m being generous..his selfish ass might not get past round 1 if he’s healthy enough to play).
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#892 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Oct 31, 2020 2:03 pm

Ranking the 10 Biggest NBA Offseason Trades of the Last Decade

10. Mavs, Hawks Exchange Trae Young and Luka Doncic

During the 2018 draft, the Atlanta Hawks grabbed Luka Doncic and traded him to the Dallas Mavericks for the rights to Trae Young and a future first-rounder.

Given that both players have become All-Stars, the deal has already worked out for both franchises.

Granted, the Mavs have a small lead. Doncic won Rookie of the Year in 2018-19 and earned first-team All-NBA honors in a 2019-20 season full of triple-doubles and a playoff trip.

Young is a cornerstone of the Hawks' future, and they're hoping Cam Reddish—the extra pick—will be the same.
Bleacher Report
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#893 » by HMFFL » Sun Nov 8, 2020 11:05 pm

Hawks' Trae Young Buys Lunch for State Farm Arena Election Poll Workers

Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young has made civic engagement one of his core priorities as he continues his NBA career. The guard helped establish the voting rights advocacy group More Than A Vote with LeBron James and Phoenix Mercury point guard Skylar Diggins-Smith, which in turn recruited 10,000 poll workers for the 2020 election. 

Young kept up his involvement Friday by buying lunch for all of the poll workers at State Farm Arena in Atlanta, the Hawks' home arena, which had been used as a polling location during the election. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2916865-hawks-trae-young-buys-lunch-for-state-farm-arena-election-poll-workers.amp.html

jayu70
RealGM

Post#894 » by jayu70 » Mon Nov 9, 2020 3:16 am

HMFFL wrote:Hawks' Trae Young Buys Lunch for State Farm Arena Election Poll Workers

Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young has made civic engagement one of his core priorities as he continues his NBA career. The guard helped establish the voting rights advocacy group More Than A Vote with LeBron James and Phoenix Mercury point guard Skylar Diggins-Smith, which in turn recruited 10,000 poll workers for the 2020 election. 

Young kept up his involvement Friday by buying lunch for all of the poll workers at State Farm Arena in Atlanta, the Hawks' home arena, which had been used as a polling location during the election. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2916865-hawks-trae-young-buys-lunch-for-state-farm-arena-election-poll-workers.amp.html

:nod: Love it!
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#895 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:13 pm

Read on Twitter
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,036

Post#896 » by tbhawksfan1 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:49 pm

What are you guys thoughts on Trae playing off-ball? Hear a lot of people on various sites saying we need a second ball handler so that Trae can go off-ball.

I totally understand that having a second distributor in the line up would be great. Maybe Heurt or Cam can develop that or we find one like Haliburton;

My question is do we want to move Trae off-ball some? I see him as a legendary ball-handler / dribbler / distributor and I want the ball in his hands as much as possible.

Another distributor, sure, but not to move Trae off-ball

What you guys think?
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#897 » by Spud2nique » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:20 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:What are you guys thoughts on Trae playing off-ball? Hear a lot of people on various sites saying we need a second ball handler so that Trae can go off-ball.

I totally understand that having a second distributor in the line up would be great. Maybe Heurt or Cam can develop that or we find one like Haliburton;

My question is do we want to move Trae off-ball some? I see him as a legendary ball-handler / dribbler / distributor and I want the ball in his hands as much as possible.

What you guys think?

Legendary ball handler. He should handle but learn to play off ball for playoff situations.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#898 » by jayu70 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:36 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:What are you guys thoughts on Trae playing off-ball? Hear a lot of people on various sites saying we need a second ball handler so that Trae can go off-ball.

What you guys think?

The reason for a secondary ball handler is for when he is mercilessly trapped the minute he crosses over halfcourt. That would alleviate the pressure on the entire offense. Trae now has be accounted for as a CnS shooter, which he is very good at.
We aren't moving him completely off-ball, his passing is just too special for that, it's to counter how defenses treat him with the ball.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#899 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:15 pm

What you guys think?

We actually have a whole thread dedicated to this very topic, tb.

Relevant article:

Spoiler:
If Trae Young wants to rival Stephen Curry's shooting, he has to start approaching it the same way

The Hawks All-Star needs to make a much greater commitment to moving without the ball

A few weeks back, Young stated that he would surpass Steph Curry as the NBA's best shooter within a year...if Young intends to move in the direction of probably the greatest shooter to ever live, he has to start embracing the off-ball aspect of the craft, because he already has the Nash part down.

"We've been telling Trae that since the first day he got here," Hawks president and GM Travis Schlenk told CBS Sports. "I tell him all the time, and he looks at me like I'm crazy, but the hardest time to score in the NBA is when you have the ball. When you have the ball, you've got 10 defenders' eyes on you. When you don't have the ball, you might have two eyes on you, your defender, but there's a good chance even he's not totally looking at you because he's, what, looking at the ball."

Schlenk saw Steph Curry evolve first hand. He's trying to put the pieces in place for Young to travel a similar route.

But Young has to take the challenge, too, and fully commit to not just continued movement once he gives the ball up, which takes incredible stamina and mental discipline, but movement with a purpose, sniffing out space with the same one-step-ahead instincts that guide his on-ball prowess. So far this season, just 8.8 percent of Young's shots have been of the catch-and-shoot variety, per Synergy. In 2018-19, that number was 38.8 percent for Curry.

Yes, the Warriors use Curry a lot differently than the Hawks use Young, and they have had far more capable supporting playmakers during the Steve Kerr era than Young is working with in Atlanta. But even if you go back to 2013-14, when Curry was playing under Mark Jackson in a pick-and-roll-heavy system similar to the one in which Young plays, 16 percent of Curry's shots were catch-and-shoots, which is twice the number Young is taking.

it starts with a first step, literally, and for players like Young, that first step is the one you take immediately after giving the ball up. Watch below as Young gives the ball up and immediately has a split-second opening to sprint out to the wing for a return pass, but instead he just kind of lazily floats out to the 3-point line, so by the time he receives a pass, the defender is already there.

For the Hawks to become a playoff team, and certainly for Young to be at his most dangerous once he gets there, his off-ball movement has to be much more aggressive. It has to have a shot-hunting urgency to it. You can only do so much damage on the ball when teams are going to do everything they can to take it out of your hands once you start playing in meaningful games.

To that point, Young is already seeing aggressive, advanced blitzing schemes to force the ball out of his hands. Most times when he passes out of the double, he hardly moves afterward...watch Young in the clip below. He's the guy who barely enters the screen at the top and lingers 40 feet from the basket the entire possession without once threatening the defense in any way.

Once Trae Young figures this part of the equation out, that's when we can at least start talking about him in the same breath as Curry, or any other great shooter for that matter. He'll get there. The Hawks are committed to putting the right kind of team around him to bring that part of his game to bloom, and he's a known hard worker. Young's talent is undeniable. Most people could run around all day and they still don't have the shooting ability to take advantage of the space they find. Young does. And it'll be scary when he puts that all together.
CBS Sports
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#900 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:46 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Atlanta Hawks