Vince Carter to atlanta

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,421

Re: Vince Carter to atlanta 

Post#101 » by graymule » Tue Aug 6, 2019 11:34 am

:D :nod:

GREAT NEWS !! He is really, really needed in Atlanta!!

8-) :nod:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,486

Post#102 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Aug 6, 2019 2:32 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Years80HAWKS
Junior
And1: 42

Post#103 » by Years80HAWKS » Tue Aug 6, 2019 9:23 pm

Great news.
Welcome back for another ride, Vince!
This is a sansational fact for the team and the franchise. Great sport addition as he will be able to teach the youngsters and also play some quality minutes. He has become a major factor en outside shooting.

I believe the option of Carter working for the TNT in the future has something to do with him playing here. But, hey, let's take advantage of the strong points of the ATL.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#104 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Aug 7, 2019 2:19 am

Big3 players split on Vince Carter’s NBA return: ‘There’s no upside for Vince’

Read on Twitter

I wanted to ask as many BIG 3 players as I could how they felt about Vince Carter re-signing with the Hawks for what will be his record-breaking 22nd season....most players in the Big3 are former NBA players who are either too old to continue playing at the highest level or are looking for their next professional contract.

Gilbert Arenas, a three-time All-NBA point guard, has been the most outspoken player in the Big3 on his feelings about Carter still being in the NBA at 42. Arenas wrote on Instagram that Carter was taking a spot on an NBA roster when, in theory, that spot could go to a young player fighting for his dream.

“There’s no upside for Vince. Let somebody else get in there and be the next Vince Carter.”

Nate Robinson said he feels no ill will toward Carter or any player still in the league who might be limited in what he can offer on the court.

“Everyone has their own opinion, but if you can still contribute and help your team, then why can’t he play?” Robinson said. "I don’t agree with Gilbert. I’m a fan of Vince Carter and have been since I was a kid. Seeing him continue to strive for his goals, I love it."

Jason Richardson, a 14-year NBA veteran, echoed Robinson’s sentiments and disagreed with Arenas’ take that the role of a veteran in the locker room is unnecessary.

“They need a veteran presence there, and what better person is there than Vince Carter? I think he needs to be there to teach these young guys how to grow," Richardson said.
The Athletic
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,923

Post#105 » by jayu70 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 3:05 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Big3 players split on Vince Carter’s NBA return: ‘There’s no upside for Vince’

Read on Twitter

I wanted to ask as many BIG 3 players as I could how they felt about Vince Carter re-signing with the Hawks for what will be his record-breaking 22nd season....most players in the Big3 are former NBA players who are either too old to continue playing at the highest level or are looking for their next professional contract.

Gilbert Arenas, a three-time All-NBA point guard, has been the most outspoken player in the Big3 on his feelings about Carter still being in the NBA at 42. Arenas wrote on Instagram that Carter was taking a spot on an NBA roster when, in theory, that spot could go to a young player fighting for his dream.

“There’s no upside for Vince. Let somebody else get in there and be the next Vince Carter.”

Nate Robinson said he feels no ill will toward Carter or any player still in the league who might be limited in what he can offer on the court.

“Everyone has their own opinion, but if you can still contribute and help your team, then why can’t he play?” Robinson said. "I don’t agree with Gilbert. I’m a fan of Vince Carter and have been since I was a kid. Seeing him continue to strive for his goals, I love it."

Jason Richardson, a 14-year NBA veteran, echoed Robinson’s sentiments and disagreed with Arenas’ take that the role of a veteran in the locker room is unnecessary.

“They need a veteran presence there, and what better person is there than Vince Carter? I think he needs to be there to teach these young guys how to grow," Richardson said.
The Athletic

Gilbert's green-eyed monster showing.
Vince is still playing and Gilbert got tossed from the league.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#106 » by jayu70 » Mon Sep 9, 2019 3:15 pm

Read on Twitter

It’s a great opportunity,” Carter said. “The big picture of it all, I can still work on life after basketball, broadcasting and just being around that. Close to family. My daughter is now a high schooler so – I don’t talk about my daughter much but she is a high schooler and playing varsity. She is a freshman but she’s playing varsity volleyball so I get a chance to watch her. On off days, I’ll probably make that trip to Charlotte a couple times to watch her play. It all makes sense. For me, I just want it to make sense. If there was a great opportunity elsewhere, I definitely would look into it but I just wanted it all to fit. When you are going into your last year, you just want it to be a smooth ride, for everyone really.”
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#107 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:08 am

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM

Post#108 » by jayu70 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:10 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#109 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:12 pm

This math boggles the mind:

Read on Twitter
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#110 » by ATL Boy » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:21 pm

Great to have Vince back as a mentor for the young guys in the locker room.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#111 » by D21 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 12:07 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:This math boggles the mind:

Read on Twitter

I'm still more impressed bu his 22 years career, than the 4 decades, because Dirk, if drafted one year later, would also have made it 4 decades from 1999 to 2020 instead of 1998 to 2019
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#112 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:23 pm

What in the h3ll....

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#113 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:46 pm

I'm actually really excited to see what type of opportunities Vince can get as an analyst FT. He's played his cards perfectly these last few years and will have a plethora of opportunities.

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM

Post#114 » by jayu70 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 10:40 pm

Vince was on local Atlanta radio this evening:
Synopsis:

1. Great being back especially around the new guys already, they want to be good, already asking questions.

2. He's 100% player, no coaching for him

3. Preseason and training camp takes a toll on his body since it's getting back into a rhythm.

4. They'll be trying to win, it's a young crew but the returning players (Trae, John, Heurter and Bembry) all had great years.

5. Once game slowed down for Trae, he took off.

6. Hunter and Reddish both hsve high bball IQs, great potential.

7. Thoughts on Emory training center, he called it 'My Friend'. Facility is put together for players to succeed.

Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#115 » by Buzzard » Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:16 pm

Barring injuries, Vince will not be getting as many minutes this season but LP will make sure he gets some in every arena. It will be a class exit all the way around.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
jayu70
RealGM

Post#116 » by jayu70 » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:13 pm

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM

Post#117 » by jayu70 » Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:42 pm

Read on Twitter

Carter describes himself as an “open book,” happy to share advice with his teammates. That’s what Charles Oakley did for him in Toronto, and it’s what he loves doing for fellow Hawks. 

Last season, he worked with John Collins on the power forward’s footwork. He talks with Young about how to shoulder the pressure of being the face of a franchise, something Carter knows plenty about. He works with Huerter on how to take that next big leap in his career. 

Coach Lloyd Pierce lets Carter address the team in practice, if there’s something he wants to say. That took some getting used to. 

“I don’t want people to feel like I’m taking over practice,” Carter said. “It’s just that sometimes I see things and it’s a team thing, we’re trying to win. It’s not like I’m trying to be a coach. I don’t want to be a coach, but I want to help these guys. I want to be a mentor, I want to be a leader of the team, even though I’m not the face of the team. I’d love to still be a leader. And these guys can rely on me, good and bad.”  

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,996

Post#118 » by HMFFL » Mon Sep 30, 2019 4:16 am

Vince Carter 'Struggling' with 'Realizing the End Is Near'

Vince Carter's career isn't over just yet, but the surefire Hall of Famer is already confronting the difficulty of a life without the NBA.

"I'm struggling with it," Carter said in an interview with the Atlanta Journal-Constitution's Sarah K. Spencer. "Realizing the end is near is probably the biggest problem. It's like, I've come so far, this is it. Do what you've got to do. But it's like, I've done this for so long. So many years. So you mean, come September, I don't have to get ready for basketball and go to my team anymore? That's the scary feeling, after 22 years."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2855838-hawks-vince-carter-struggling-with-realizing-the-end-is-near

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app
Drygon
Veteran
And1: 4,723

Post#119 » by Drygon » Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:33 pm

Vince was on fire against NY Knicks last night :)

;t
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#120 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:33 am

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Return to Atlanta Hawks