ImageImage

Mavs & Cavs Draft Pick Watch

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Alejandro09
Ballboy
And1: 2

Re: Mavs & Cavs Draft Pick Watch 

Post#541 » by Alejandro09 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:32 pm

So is it not possible to ban him or even block his post from view like we could on Squawk? I'm still new to realgm.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#542 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:32 pm

kg01 wrote:@spud brought up this weirdly relevant movie from the '90's.

What was the name? What About ... something. I can't quite remember, but the plot was strangely relevant.

Oooh Oooh

Spoiler:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#543 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:38 pm

Alejandro09 wrote:So is it not possible to ban him or even block his post from view like we could on Squawk? I'm still new to realgm.

Our mods have already issued him a warning and locked multiple threads to calm tensions.

At this point they're allowing us to self police. With the understanding that we don't get carried away or let the entire thread get derailed.

Speaking of which, a certain Slovenian has been upgraded to probable for tonight's Mavs game. Hopefully, they make it 2 wins in a row and give us some breathing room in the standings.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#544 » by Spud2nique » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:41 pm

What was the name? What About ... something. I can't quite remember, but the plot was strangely relevant.

:lol:

Ferris Bueller’s day off?

A fish named Wanda?

Rookie of the year? (With that kid from American pie)...

TWINS????? (Arnold and Danny)

The Evil that Men do? You gotta love Bronson!

I give up. :lol:

I wanna watch my giant again with Gheorghe Muresan and Willy Crystal.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#545 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:48 pm

A relevant story from Trav:

Hawks GM says the Warriors tanked the season before drafting Harrison Barnes

Travis Schlenk, a former Warriors exec, told CBS Sports' Bill Reiter that Golden State tanked to land a lottery pick

It turns out that even the Warriors tanked a little bit on their way to the title. During their discussion, Schlenk admitted that Golden State had tanked the season before drafting Harrison Barnes when they shut down an injured Stephen Curry for the remainder of the season and traded Monta Ellis.

"Early in my days in Golden State we were not good. The year we drafted Harrison at seven, our first-round pick was protected 1-7. We made a decision halfway through that year to trade Monta Ellis, who was our best player at the time, for an injured Andrew Bogut who we knew wouldn't play. We made that deal knowing two things.

One, we never had a center in Golden State, when I was there anyway. With eyes on the future if we can get him healthy, get him back, we shut Steph down at the time. We knew we had to fall into those bottom seven spots to get our pick and that was really important to us."
-Travis Schlenk
Oct 2017
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#546 » by kg01 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:54 pm

Spud2nique wrote:

A fish named Wanda?

Ooh, ooh .. Bloodsport

Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

I will not miss the opportunity to bring back up Over the Top.

80's and 90's movies were the best ... Around. Nothin's' gonna ever keep you down!
king01 :king:
burek3
Pro Prospect
And1: 538

Post#547 » by burek3 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:56 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Surprisingly enough, there’s no threads with Trae or Hawks name on Mavs board. ;)

Just to prove he's a liar:
Found on the Mavs board --
burek3 wrote:Image
Feb 2019

Wha- who summoned me? Why? What is this place?
"Holy f**k" :o
- DeAndre Jordan
kg01
General Manager

Post#548 » by kg01 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:59 pm

burek3 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
Surprisingly enough, there’s no threads with Trae or Hawks name on Mavs board. ;)

Just to prove he's a liar:
Found on the Mavs board --
burek3 wrote:Image
Feb 2019

Wha- who summoned me? Why? What is this place?

Haha, you walked in like ...

Don't mind the mention, you got wrapped up in a fight you had nothing to do with.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#549 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:03 pm

burek3 wrote:Wha- who summoned me? Why? What is this place?

LOL

Sorry to drag you into this. One of the the L**a fanatics has made a habit of stalking our board to trash talk our draft selection/direction of our squad.

No offense was intended. And we are all rooting for you guys to win every game for the remainder of the season. :nod:
burek3
Pro Prospect

Post#550 » by burek3 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:05 pm

A, yes. I see Bob8 still fighting versus the world... Anyways, Trae rocks, Rashad Phillips really is a kunt with a c and there are no busts in top-5. Carry on :)
- DeAndre Jordan
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#551 » by Spud2nique » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:06 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

A fish named Wanda?

Ooh, ooh .. Bloodsport

Kumite! Kumite! Kumite!

I will not miss the opportunity to bring back up Over the Top.

80's and 90's movies were the best ... Around. Nothin's' gonna ever keep you down!

OK USA! :lol:
kg01
General Manager

Post#552 » by kg01 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:09 pm

burek3 wrote:A, yes. I see Bob8 still fighting versus the world... Anyways, Trae rocks, Rashad Phillips really is a kunt with a c and there are no busts in top-5. Carry on :)

Hey whoa there .. didn't you forget to take your friend back with you? I guess what I'm saying is .. What about Bob? :)
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,562

Post#553 » by Bob8 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:12 pm

kg01 wrote:
burek3 wrote:A, yes. I see Bob8 still fighting versus the world... Anyways, Trae rocks, Rashad Phillips really is a kunt with a c and there are no busts in top-5. Carry on :)

Hey whoa there .. didn't you forget to take your friend back with you? I guess what I'm saying is .. What about Bob? :)

I kinda like it here. Nice and warm atmosphere :D
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#554 » by Spud2nique » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:12 pm

kg01 wrote:

I just wrote the exact same thing then deleted..

Hey, you forgot to take heeeeeemmmm!!!! It’s like they left E.T. again and he’s gonna wanna use the phone...or make a Luka post.
burek3
Pro Prospect

Post#555 » by burek3 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:13 pm

kg01 wrote:

Yeah, about that, we kinda ignored him and he went out for... um, searching new victims and... um... he's... yourproblemnowbye :evil:
- DeAndre Jordan
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#556 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:15 pm

burek3 wrote:A, yes. I see Bob8 still fighting versus the world... Anyways, Trae rocks, Rashad Phillips really is a **** with a c and there are no busts in top-5. Carry on :)

peoriabird
Pro Prospect
And1: 467

Post#557 » by peoriabird » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:15 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:A relevant story from Trav:

Hawks GM says the Warriors tanked the season before drafting Harrison Barnes

Travis Schlenk, a former Warriors exec, told CBS Sports' Bill Reiter that Golden State tanked to land a lottery pick

It turns out that even the Warriors tanked a little bit on their way to the title. During their discussion, Schlenk admitted that Golden State had tanked the season before drafting Harrison Barnes when they shut down an injured Stephen Curry for the remainder of the season and traded Monta Ellis.

"Early in my days in Golden State we were not good. The year we drafted Harrison at seven, our first-round pick was protected 1-7. We made a decision halfway through that year to trade Monta Ellis, who was our best player at the time, for an injured Andrew Bogut who we knew wouldn't play. We made that deal knowing two things.

One, we never had a center in Golden State, when I was there anyway. With eyes on the future if we can get him healthy, get him back, we shut Steph down at the time. We knew we had to fall into those bottom seven spots to get our pick and that was really important to us."
-Travis Schlenk
Oct 2017

Proof that tanking doesn't work! :D Harrison Barnes is basically Taurean Prince! 8-)
burek3
Pro Prospect

Post#558 » by burek3 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:17 pm

Did I say victims? Nono, friends. Friends is the word. He's friendly. Enjoy his friendship.

no refunds
- DeAndre Jordan
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,562

Post#559 » by Bob8 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:19 pm

burek3 wrote:
kg01 wrote:

Yeah, about that, we kinda ignored him and he went out for... um, searching new victims and... um... he's... yourproblemnowbye :evil:

You gained their respect now. :wink:
kg01
General Manager

Post#560 » by kg01 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:22 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:

I just wrote the exact same thing then deleted..

Hey, you forgot to take heeeeeemmmm!!!! It’s like they left E.T. again and he’s gonna wanna use the phone...or make a Luka post.

It's like that commercial where the parents came by the grandparents' house with their kids and they gradually left without telling the grandparents they were leaving the kids there.

Grandpa ran out screaming, "They're leaving us with ... the babies! They're leaving us with .. the babies!"

Except they're leaving us with Luka-cytis. :lol:

What did we do to make you hate us, Mavs fans?

Return to Atlanta Hawks