ImageImage

Mavs & Cavs Draft Pick Watch

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Re: Mavs & Cavs Draft Pick Watch 

Post#561 » by kg01 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:23 pm

burek3 wrote:Did I say victims? Nono, friends. Friends is the word. He's friendly. Enjoy his friendship.

no refunds

You sure you want this kind of bad karma on your conscience heading into the lotto? :(

Jussayin' Might wanna make this right before then. :-?
king01 :king:
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,923

Post#562 » by jayu70 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:25 pm

kg01 wrote:
burek3 wrote:A, yes. I see Bob8 still fighting versus the world... Anyways, Trae rocks, Rashad Phillips really is a kunt with a c and there are no busts in top-5. Carry on :)

Hey whoa there .. didn't you forget to take your friend back with you? I guess what I'm saying is .. What about Bob? :)

Yeah...please do ....I had to drag Spud from the Magic board a while back. He wa itching for a ban.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,486

Post#563 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:25 pm

So we can keep pretending this thread has a relevant topic -- Mavs Beat Writer Tim Cowlishaw is predicting we hold off Mavs from getting to #5 slot.

From there it all comes down to the NBA Gods...

If the Mavs get lucky and get a top 5 pick, who are some names they should look at?

Cowlishaw:
They can only get a top-four pick, they can't get the 5th pick. And if you get into the top four, you really hope it's the top two and someone from Duke -- Zion Williamson or R.J. Barrett. Beyond that it's a bit of a crap shoot. Will be intriguing to see how some of the top players perform in the NCAA tournament. Texas' Jaxson Hayes may even squeeze his way into that discussion.
Dallas Morning News
Hazer
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,127

Post#564 » by Hazer » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:33 pm

kg01 wrote:@spud brought up this weirdly relevant movie from the '90's.

What was the name? What About ... something. I can't quite remember, but the plot was strangely relevant.

“I’m sailing! I’m sailing! I can sail!”
Hazerbeamidge :guitar:
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,950

Post#565 » by Archx » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:37 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Surprisingly enough, there’s no threads with Trae or Hawks name on Mavs board. ;)

Just to prove he's a liar:

Found on the Mavs board --

burek3 wrote:Image
Feb 2019

Archx wrote:He is suppose to be some kind of a TV basketball analyst and a former NCAA player, if i remember correctly. And everytime someone disagrees with him, he starts throwing it in their faces how he played ball and they didn't so they have no clue what they are talking about. It's quite embarrassing to read some of his tweets. Also, he is a huge Trae homer so he is talking **** about Luka anytime he can.
Feb 2019

That's not a discussion about Trae on Mavs forums, that's an answer about a guy who talks nonsense all the time about a certain player. He asked who he was and i answered, simple as that :P

From what i understand, Mavs fans are happy with Luka and i don't ever see a discussion about Trae there. We rarely even mention ROY or some stuff like that. But obviously words do come up but not in a malicious way like some people here would want to think.

I already discussed this with some of your guys Buzzard in ROY thread. We both agreed that these discussions are getting really tired and old. I personally don't even care who wins ROY anymore. I like what ATL and Dallas have, i'm happy for both teams and hopefully we'll see them in NBA finals playing against eachother someday. Just hoping these idiotic debates Luka vs Trae will stop after their rookie campaign.
burek3
Pro Prospect
And1: 538

Post#566 » by burek3 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:37 pm

Bob8 wrote:
burek3 wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Hey whoa there .. didn't you forget to take your friend back with you? I guess what I'm saying is .. What about Bob? :)

Yeah, about that, we kinda ignored him and he went out for... um, searching new victims and... um... he's... yourproblemnowbye :evil:

You gained their respect now. :wink:

I don't know, bob...

I gain respect from people because I talk to them in respectful manner and not present myself or my opinions as absolutes. Basketball is a sport and an entertainment, not a battlefield. Fans deserve and is their right to up their player(s) and take jabs at other players even if that doesn't coincide with your opinions. You will mask your outings as "the fight for truth, absolute facts and correcting the wrongs of the basketball fandom", but in the end of the day, you will add nothing to the well being of those involved.

And stink up Luka for many people as a collateral. But whatever, not going further. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not the champion of any Fantasy league, what do I know.

Dang it, I trapped myself, didn't I?
"Holy f**k" :o
- DeAndre Jordan
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,554

Post#567 » by Bob8 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:56 pm

burek3 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
burek3 wrote:
Yeah, about that, we kinda ignored him and he went out for... um, searching new victims and... um... he's... yourproblemnowbye :evil:

I don't know, bob...

I gain respect from people because I talk to them in respectful manner and not present myself or my opinions as absolutes. Basketball is a sport and an entertainment, not a battlefield. Fans deserve and is their right to up their player(s) and take jabs at other players even if that doesn't coincide with your opinions. You will mask your outings as "the fight for truth, absolute facts and correcting the wrongs of the basketball fandom", but in the end of the day, you will add nothing to the well being of those involved.

And stink up Luka for many people as a collateral. But whatever, not going further. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm not the champion of any Fantasy league, what do I know.

I never made anykind of personal comments about you or any other in this forum. But feel free to continue to make personal comments about me, I see you’re on the roll anyway.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#568 » by Spud2nique » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:57 pm

burek3 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
burek3 wrote:

I don't know, bob...

Can we trade you for Bob? :lol:

I like ur whole free swingin attitude!
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#569 » by Spud2nique » Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:58 pm

jayu70 wrote:
kg01 wrote:
burek3 wrote:A, yes. I see Bob8 still fighting versus the world... Anyways, Trae rocks, Rashad Phillips really is a kunt with a c and there are no busts in top-5. Carry on :)

Yeah...please do ....I had to drag Spud from the Magic board a while back. He wa itching for a ban.

Yessssss!!! :lol: Bird to my rescue!

Ps That gif never gets old.
lethalweapon3
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,181
Location: State Farm Arena, Moving The Ball From Side To Side

Post#570 » by lethalweapon3 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:29 pm

HAWKS LOTTERY "TRAGIC" #: 3

CAVSPICK BOTTOM-10 TRAGIC #: 00
(clinched last week)

MAVSPICK NOT-BOTTOM-5 MAGIC #: 8

~lw3
"Dunking is better than sex." - Shawn Kemp, 1996
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,486

Post#571 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:33 pm

lethalweapon3 wrote:Image

~lw3

Serious question -- this predates my Hawks fandom. I joined around the time Smitty came to Atlanta.

Who is #3 in the picture above?
hawkmanreturns
Junior
And1: 735

Post#572 » by hawkmanreturns » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:43 pm

^^^ Craig Ehlo. Dang I'm old.
thecampster
Freshman
And1: 90

Post#573 » by thecampster » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:26 pm

Bob8 wrote:
kg01 wrote:Why. Are. You. Here?

And clearly you don't frequent any other teams' boards if you think that last statement is true.

I wouldn’t be here, if you didn’t write about Luka.

Did you see anything about Trae on Mavs board? Absolutely nothing. On which teams board people are bashing Trae?

Simple answer here, the Hawks have a long and storied history of screwing the pooch in the draft. There has been a running debate for a long time on should the Hawks have held on to that pick to draft Luka and it is based in this bad drafting saga. Additionally if you read back up a few posts, you'll see that I took the time to sit down and watch a full Mavs game (about the 5th time I've done it this season). I was looking at Luka and trying to honestly look at his skillset to if he should be chosen ahead of Trae for rookie of the year. Also, the Hawks have been playing much better since Dec 3rd, when Collins was back and found his legs. The Hawks began the season 5 and 18 (.217 winning percentage). Since that time, the Hawks are 19 and 29 (.395 winning percentage). They closed the gap on the Mavs in the couple of months by about 8 games. If the Mavs finish ahead of the Hawks in the standings (6th worst record), their chances of getting the Mav's pick goes up substantially. The Mavs are 2-8 in their last 10, they are 5 and 13(.278 winning%) since trading Dennis Smith away and putting the ball in Luka's hands. They were 5 games under 500 at that time, now they are 13. At the time of my original post on the matter, they were only 4 games up on the Hawks in the standings with about 16 games left. Based on their record of late and the Hawks improvement, there was a real chance they could overtake Dallas in the standings and screw themselves out of Dallas' pick this year. Hence why I looked.

When the trade of 3 for 5 and a future first was made, I was ecstatic. I believed (and still do) that Trae was a more impactful, better team player. He's exceeded my expectations on defense and Luka exceeded my expectations as a shooter. But the Hawks are highly efficient the last 30+ games on offense and are improving defensively. We currently have 30 million in dead salary on the books + Bazemore's 19 million. Most of this speculation you are hearing is multifold. It is the ongoing argument of was Trae + the pick worth Luka. Especially if the pick transfers this year at 6-8 the trade was highly worth it. If we have to wait till next year when Dallas will be improved and the pick will probably be 10-15, then its closer. The argument of Luka vs Trae isn't Luka bashing, but an ongoing evaluation of the trade in the light of Atlanta's terrible history with lotto picks.

What follows is a list of players the Hawks have taken in the first round for you to empathize with.

21 DeAndre' Bembry
15 Kelly Oubre Jr. (traded)
15 Adreian Payne (flop)
17 Dennis Schroder (head case)
18 Shane Larkin (traded to you guys)
23 John Jenkins (hahahahahah)
24 Damion Jones
17 Jeff Teague
3 Al Horford (bailed on Hawks when we signed Dwight but best Hawk draftee in forever)
11 Acie Law (SMDH at the thought Acie Law was drafted before Spencer Hawes, Thaddeus Young, Al Thornton, Nick Young, Marco Belinelli, Wilson Chandler, Tiago Splitter, Glen Davis, Marc Gasol)
2 Marvin Williams
6 Josh Childress
17 Josh Smith
21 Boris Diaw
3 Pau Gasol (traded)
6 DerMarr Johnson

That's 18 years of drafting before the last 2 years. Just look at the names who left, didn't pan out and how high a pick were wasted on them. This is why Luka v Trae matters.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#574 » by Bob8 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 5:51 pm

thecampster wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
kg01 wrote:Why. Are. You. Here?

And clearly you don't frequent any other teams' boards if you think that last statement is true.

I wouldn’t be here, if you didn’t write about Luka.

Did you see anything about Trae on Mavs board? Absolutely nothing. On which teams board people are bashing Trae?

Simple answer here, the Hawks have a long and storied history of screwing the pooch in the draft. There has been a running debate for a long time on should the Hawks have held on to that pick to draft Luka and it is based in this bad drafting saga. Additionally if you read back up a few posts, you'll see that I took the time to sit down and watch a full Mavs game (about the 5th time I've done it this season). I was looking at Luka and trying to honestly look at his skillset to if he should be chosen ahead of Trae for rookie of the year. Also, the Hawks have been playing much better since Dec 3rd, when Collins was back and found his legs. The Hawks began the season 5 and 18 (.217 winning percentage). Since that time, the Hawks are 19 and 29 (.395 winning percentage). They closed the gap on the Mavs in the couple of months by about 8 games. If the Mavs finish ahead of the Hawks in the standings (6th worst record), their chances of getting the Mav's pick goes up substantially. The Mavs are 2-8 in their last 10, they are 5 and 13(.278 winning%) since trading Dennis Smith away and putting the ball in Luka's hands. They were 5 games under 500 at that time, now they are 13. At the time of my original post on the matter, they were only 4 games up on the Hawks in the standings with about 16 games left. Based on their record of late and the Hawks improvement, there was a real chance they could overtake Dallas in the standings and screw themselves out of Dallas' pick this year. Hence why I looked.

When the trade of 3 for 5 and a future first was made, I was ecstatic. I believed (and still do) that Trae was a more impactful, better team player. He's exceeded my expectations on defense and Luka exceeded my expectations as a shooter. But the Hawks are highly efficient the last 30+ games on offense and are improving defensively. We currently have 30 million in dead salary on the books + Bazemore's 19 million. Most of this speculation you are hearing is multifold. It is the ongoing argument of was Trae + the pick worth Luka. Especially if the pick transfers this year at 6-8 the trade was highly worth it. If we have to wait till next year when Dallas will be improved and the pick will probably be 10-15, then its closer. The argument of Luka vs Trae isn't Luka bashing, but an ongoing evaluation of the trade in the light of Atlanta's terrible history with lotto picks.

What follows is a list of players the Hawks have taken in the first round for you to empathize with.

21 DeAndre' Bembry
15 Kelly Oubre Jr. (traded)
15 Adreian Payne (flop)
17 Dennis Schroder (head case)
18 Shane Larkin (traded to you guys)
23 John Jenkins (hahahahahah)
24 Damion Jones
17 Jeff Teague
3 Al Horford (bailed on Hawks when we signed Dwight but best Hawk draftee in forever)
11 Acie Law (SMDH at the thought Acie Law was drafted before Spencer Hawes, Thaddeus Young, Al Thornton, Nick Young, Marco Belinelli, Wilson Chandler, Tiago Splitter, Glen Davis, Marc Gasol)
2 Marvin Williams
6 Josh Childress
17 Josh Smith
21 Boris Diaw
3 Pau Gasol (traded)
6 DerMarr Johnson

That's 18 years of drafting before the last 2 years. Just look at the names who left, didn't pan out and how high a pick were wasted on them. This is why Luka v Trae matters.

I specifically commented your claim how victory against Cleveland proves that Mavs are better without Luka.

I can mostly agree with what you have written here, except you’re forgetting that Mavs didn’t trade just DSJ, but Jordan, Barnes and Matthews too. All starters except Luka. And unfortunately, Barea has got season ending injury too.
Trades were great move by FO. Luka showed enough till then, they have got KP and cap space and as a cherry on the cake, they have got much better odds to get Zion or at least retain the pick this year. Trades were rebuilding and tanking move. To say it’s Luka fault that Mavs cannot win games with current roster is wrong. FO did everything to make things difficult for the Mavs winning.

Trade was made. The story is closed. I believe it was great trade for the Mavs, because they would have drafted WCJ or Bamba otherwise. It looks at the moment that Hawks couldn’t go wrong in that draft in any case. Trae and Luka look great. But more important, it is really the same for the Hawks if Luka becomes superstar or an average player, their destiny is in Trae’s hands, in good or in bad.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#575 » by King Ken » Mon Mar 18, 2019 6:33 pm

I love Rashad Phillips but I notice some of our fans don't like him. He is a Basketball trainer but he has a great relationship with the players and I enjoy his tweets.
burek3
Pro Prospect

Post#576 » by burek3 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:23 pm

Bob8 wrote:
burek3 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

I don't know, bob...

I never made anykind of personal comments about you or any other in this forum. But feel free to continue to make personal comments about me, I see you’re on the roll anyway.

This was hardly personal. But you felt something reading it, it seems. Good enough for me.
- DeAndre Jordan
Bob8
General Manager

Post#577 » by Bob8 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:47 pm

burek3 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
burek3 wrote:
I don't know, bob...

This was hardly personal. But you felt something reading it, it seems. Good enough for me.

Yeah, your answers here were strictly about thread’s topic and nothing about Bob8. But man, like I said, they like you here. Great posts, I guess. ;)
burek3
Pro Prospect

Post#578 » by burek3 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:51 pm

The curse is broken. He's all yours now, Hawk bros. Godspeed.
- DeAndre Jordan
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#579 » by kg01 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:56 pm

burek3 wrote:The curse is broken. He's all yours now, Hawk bros. Godspeed.

We've reached the point where someone's gonna make a Mavs-fan burner account to draw him back to your neck o' the woods.

Whooo ... oh you think? Meee? Nah .... I would never ... me? Naaah
king01 :king:
burek3
Pro Prospect

Post#580 » by burek3 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:58 pm

kg01 wrote:
burek3 wrote:The curse is broken. He's all yours now, Hawk bros. Godspeed.

We've reached the point where someone's gonna make a Mavs-fan burner account to draw him back to your neck o' the woods.

Whooo ... oh you think? Meee? Nah .... I would never ... me? Naaah

That would be unfit for a... King? Dun-dun-duuuuunnnnn
- DeAndre Jordan

Return to Atlanta Hawks