ImageImage

2019 -- NBA Games Thread

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Which playoff team favored to win the 1st round is in the most trouble?

Celtics
50%
76ers
No votes
Raptors
13%
Nuggets
25%
OTHER
13%

Total votes: 8

Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Re: 2019 -- NBA Games Thread 

Post#421 » by Spud2nique » Fri May 10, 2019 4:44 am

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:Serious question. If you're a 76er, how do you look at Brett in the face and take him seriously? Looks like a caricature. Like somebody tried to re-imagine Santa Claus as a tough guy.

:lol: agreed.

Sit back with the kg’s now and just watch Simmons be not better than Trae tonight! :lol:

Kawhi time! Aka SERIES!

Geez somebody give Nic Nurse a dictionary so he can find the meaning of 'in-game adjustment'.

Silver put the call in for a game 7. He wants ze money Lebowski!

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/9b445681-94ae-4c79-9356-3800a3743e9b
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#422 » by Spud2nique » Fri May 10, 2019 4:45 am

Fiiiiiiighhhtttt!!!! Yessss!! :lol:
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#423 » by Spud2nique » Fri May 10, 2019 4:46 am

Beat that Curry a$$!!! I mean ummmm..stop the fight!!!
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#424 » by Spud2nique » Fri May 10, 2019 4:59 am

My boy CJ says BAAAAANNNNGGGGG!!! Meanwhile, Beal wipes cheese doodles from his mouth. 8-)
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#425 » by ATL Boy » Fri May 10, 2019 6:49 am

Inject this second round into my veins
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#426 » by kg01 » Fri May 10, 2019 12:09 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
:lol: agreed.

Sit back with the kg’s now and just watch Simmons be not better than Trae tonight! :lol:

Kawhi time! Aka SERIES!

Geez somebody give Nic Nurse a dictionary so he can find the meaning of 'in-game adjustment'.

Silver put the call in for a game 7. He wants ze money Lebowski!

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/9b445681-94ae-4c79-9356-3800a3743e9b

Le...bowski? What is that?

And hey man, stop promoting Curry-fights.

8-)
king01 :king:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Post#427 » by Jamaaliver » Fri May 10, 2019 1:57 pm

Ben Simmons is nasty.

Unleash this kid as a front court player, flanked by shooters. And watch him thrive.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#428 » by MaceCase » Sat May 11, 2019 6:30 am

Spud2nique wrote:
Only way Rockets win is if KD tears his ACL. The end.

Maybe the only way, apparently just having him be out the game(s) isn't enough.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#429 » by ATL Boy » Sat May 11, 2019 8:30 am

The Rockets are buried. After choking last year to the tune of 27 straight missed 3s in Game 7, they get a gift in the form of KD being out for games 6 and 7 this year and they lose at home in game 6. Chris Paul owns one of the worst contracts in the NBA at the moment and he'll regress. James Harden has had the misfortune of having his prime directly coincide with Golden State's dynasty.

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#430 » by Spud2nique » Sat May 11, 2019 2:09 pm

MaceCase wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

Curry?

Klay?

What’s it’s gonna take? The basketball gods cannot be happy with the Warriors. Now it’s getting personal. Let’s go Nuggets! As the Blazers don’t stand a chance but with the Nuggets you can at least have Jokic/Sap front court to try and pound them down low.
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#431 » by MaceCase » Sat May 11, 2019 3:35 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
MaceCase wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

Curry?

Klay?

What’s it’s gonna take? The basketball gods cannot be happy with the Warriors. Now it’s getting personal. Let’s go Nuggets! As the Blazers don’t stand a chance but with the Nuggets you can at least have Jokic/Sap front court to try and pound them down low.

I think they're entirely different team without Curry...

Rooting on Portland. They hung a couple losses on the Dubs during the regular season and also didn't attempt to tank their way out of an early matchup like the Nugs did.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#432 » by jayu70 » Sat May 11, 2019 5:18 pm

How'd thus work out for ya CP2!!!
On the night before Friday’s Game 6 of the Western Conference semifinals, after arriving from the Bay Area, Curry wanted to get some shots up at Toyota Center. The Warriors’ do-it-all manager, Eric Housen, booked the court from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. so Curry could work on his shot. Somehow, Rockets guard Chris Paul got wind. He decided to go to Toyota Center to get shots up, nixing Curry’s reservations. The Warriors’ point guard offered to stick to half a court, but Paul wasn’t having it. Curry was kicked off the Toyota Center court. Hence: “Kick me off the court again, boy!” And Green replied to Curry’s taunt by screaming, “Kick him off! Kick him off!”

– via The Athletic

Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#433 » by Spud2nique » Sat May 11, 2019 5:40 pm

jayu70 wrote:How'd thus work out for ya CP2!!!
On the night before Friday’s Game 6 of the Western Conference semifinals, after arriving from the Bay Area, Curry wanted to get some shots up at Toyota Center. The Warriors’ do-it-all manager, Eric Housen, booked the court from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. so Curry could work on his shot. Somehow, Rockets guard Chris Paul got wind. He decided to go to Toyota Center to get shots up, nixing Curry’s reservations. The Warriors’ point guard offered to stick to half a court, but Paul wasn’t having it. Curry was kicked off the Toyota Center court. Hence: “Kick me off the court again, boy!” And Green replied to Curry’s taunt by screaming, “Kick him off! Kick him off!”

– via The Athletic

:curse:
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#434 » by Spud2nique » Sat May 11, 2019 5:43 pm

MaceCase wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
MaceCase wrote:Maybe the only way, apparently just having him be out the game(s) isn't enough.

Curry?

Klay?

Rooting on Portland. They hung a couple losses on the Dubs during the regular season and also didn't attempt to tank their way out of an early matchup like the Nugs did.

I want Paul to get one. Him and his hard hat. Loved the guy while he was here. Top 10 fav Hawk of all time for me. Also, I doubt the Blazers backcourt outdoes the Warriors but Denver attacks them from the front court with Jokic and Sap. Draymond can’t cover both. I dunno, either way it’s an uphill climb for either team. Oh, it would be sweet is Dame comes to Oakland and dominates though. May the best team win!

#4’sSpudnSapSpecial
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#435 » by ATL Boy » Sat May 11, 2019 9:37 pm

jayu70 wrote:How'd thus work out for ya CP2!!!

– via The Athletic

I love everything about this: Paul's pettiness and Curry's deserved response.

benhillboy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,654

Post#436 » by benhillboy » Sun May 12, 2019 3:59 pm

KICK ME OFF THE COURT NOW, BOY!!!!! Seminal NBA moment. I know you loved it Spud.

I’m scared of the Nuggets though, especially if KD comes back earlier than expected. The data and the film shows me clearly that GS is better equipped to win a rugged, grind out affair without his soft floor game. The Nuggets’ 2-5 will be deployed to slow him and succeed enough because he does nothing off the ball. I got money on Denver tonight but I want the easier out for The Core which is the lesser defensive backcourt and C in Portland.

I’ve really enjoyed finally getting to see them cats, Sap the least lol. Gary Harris defensive prop bets are the easiest money going and Jamal Murray don’t really give any effs. There was a thread comparing Kyrie and Westbrook. They’re similar in I think Murray would cook em both. And Jokic goddamn. He looks like an All-NBA player just packed up and went overseas. IQ just way higher than most players.

As far as the Toronto-Philly y’all know how I rock. Get on Jimmy’s back and hold on.

As the resident Tatum Fanatic I gotta apologize for him. Again, floor game matters. He took his marvelous first season, a much more mature, team oriented approach borne from a lifetime of exposure to the NBA to this season looking like a chucker who can’t read the floor? Throw it all out the window because Kobe said so? Moronic.

It’s also clear Stevens needs to bolster his staff, the main difference between he and Bud. No one banging on his door trying to wrestle Larranaga and Young from his staff. Bud surrounds himself with a staff that will pick up his slack so he doesn’t have to spread himself thin. I think with Stevens it’s the other way around. Managing egos and maximizing effort isn’t his strong suit. I’m almost positive he’d say “oh shucks” if he dropped something heavy on his bare foot. Shame on Ainge for that weird mix of characters. I’m sure he’s learned his lesson. It worked the first time but talent acquisition ain’t always better than comradery, fit, and chemistry. The GZA/Genius shot a whopping 104 shots to score 102 points. That’s some dreadful coaching, especially versus Bud, notorious for allowing hot dogs who don’t grasp floor balance to beat their own team by simply disguising coverages.
benhillboy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,654

Post#437 » by benhillboy » Sun May 12, 2019 10:15 pm

Damn. I didn’t even see my boy drop 37. CJ cold.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#438 » by Spud2nique » Sun May 12, 2019 10:15 pm

Kg...I believe you called he a chucker?

CJ>Beal

Need I say more?

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#439 » by Spud2nique » Sun May 12, 2019 10:16 pm

benhillboy wrote:Damn. I didn’t even see my boy drop 37. CJ cold.

Nah nah Benny..me and kg had the war..my boy fall back sun.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#440 » by Spud2nique » Sun May 12, 2019 10:17 pm

MaceCase wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
MaceCase wrote:Maybe the only way, apparently just having him be out the game(s) isn't enough.

Curry?

Klay?

Mason but penne, you wanted the Blazers, here we go.

Return to Atlanta Hawks