ImageImage

Game Thread: Hawks @ Nuggets -- 11/15

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,629

Re: Game Thread: Hawks @ Nuggets -- 11/15 

Post#21 » by kg01 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:37 pm

macd-gm wrote:Maybe the worst display of NBA basketball I've seen. And while Jokic is amazing, I can't understand letting him stand there and survey the court for 10 seconds holding the ball in one hand. Get up on him and force him to try to drive.

But it's one game, in the altitude, without a bunch of our better rotation players at the end of a west coast road trip that saw us get robbed by officials in LA and then having to play the best team in the league. Plus Denver was on a four game losing streak so there was a lot stacked against us.

Trae was awful. Honestly I thought the coaching staff hung him out to dry in the fourth. I really think they thought he could pad stats because there was no other reason to leave him in.

On to the next one!

I think I agree with everything you said, macd. Yeah, it scares me too.

Also mention that we had to face GSt amidst all their nonsense too so that was bound to be an odd game. Last night was a 'scheduling loss' regardless but dang we could've at least shown up a lil' bit.

I'm falling in love with Huerter's game. Kid can shoot it.

On DEN, I wonder if they're tired of wasting Beasley's career yet. Kid has no place there, especially once Barton comes back. Not saying he's great or anything but really we don't know what he can be and it's been what 3 years now?

I wouldn't mind adding him to the guard rotation if we end up shipping Bazemore out (to HOU for Knight/Hartenstein?). I bet DEN could use Dedmon for their playoff push.
king01 :king:
Roy Tarpley
Veteran
And1: 987

Re: Game Thread: Hawks @ Nuggets -- 11/15 

Post#22 » by Roy Tarpley » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:17 pm

I feel like Huerter looks active and smooth but on paper, he's shooting 38%FG (second worst behind Dorsey), 40% on 2pt% (tied for team worst with Bembry), 35% on 3pt% (solid), and 78% on FT% (just okay).

Return to Atlanta Hawks