Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Re: Al Horford 

Post#161 » by MaceCase » Sat Feb 9, 2019 5:35 pm

jayu70 wrote:
peoriabird wrote:
King Ken wrote:I think you and everyone else who can't see how this can benefit us is crazy.

We are going to be decent next year doing nothing. We need to build these guys to be great. We have the talent and the assets. It's not hard to see. Adding Horford or Cousins would give a tremendous advantage to these young guys and their long term development.

Hasn't Cousin had locker room issues in the past? Is this another D Howard death wish?

Cousins never really had any locker room issues. Teammates love him. it's him and the refs.
Ijust dont see his fit here.

And coaches, and announcers.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#162 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:59 pm

Hawks' Kent Bazemore trolls Al Horford over mysterious "flinch" move

Kent Bazemore knows all of Al Horford's tricks.

The Atlanta Hawks guard, who played with Horford for two seasons before the big man left for the Boston Celtics, couldn't resist trolling his former teammate Saturday at TD Garden by busting out the "Horford flinch."

Read on Twitter

Here's the background: Every once in a while, Horford will randomly flinch when the basketball bounces off the rim in his direction. He's been doing it for a while, too; there's a three-minute compilation of the Horford flinch on YouTube with over 1 million views.

After Boston's 129-120 win, Bazemore confirmed on Twitter that, yes, he was messing with his "guy."
NBC Sports
~Wretch~
Pro Prospect
And1: 176

Post#163 » by ~Wretch~ » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:18 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Hawks' Kent Bazemore trolls Al Horford over mysterious "flinch" move

Kent Bazemore knows all of Al Horford's tricks.

The Atlanta Hawks guard, who played with Horford for two seasons before the big man left for the Boston Celtics, couldn't resist trolling his former teammate Saturday at TD Garden by busting out the "Horford flinch."

Read on Twitter

Here's the background: Every once in a while, Horford will randomly flinch when the basketball bounces off the rim in his direction. He's been doing it for a while, too; there's a three-minute compilation of the Horford flinch on YouTube with over 1 million views.

After Boston's 129-120 win, Bazemore confirmed on Twitter that, yes, he was messing with his "guy."
NBC Sports

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I love it...
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#164 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:50 pm

I gotta be honest, if we could get Horford for the last few years of his career at $15 million per, I'd jump all over that.

He brings a skill set that meshes with Trae and Collins, is a great locker room presence and would serve as a nice story for the most accomplished drafted Hawk player of the past 25 years.

Every Top 2019 NBA Free Agent's Biggest Red Flag

7. Al Horford: Age

Al Horford should age fairly gracefully, as well. His game is predicated more on smarts and fundamentals than explosiveness. But the Boston Celtics big man just turned 33. Any long-term deal would put him at the tail end of his career.

And if Horford exercises his player option and turns down the $30.1 million he's owed in 2019-20, long-term security is probably what he's after.

If he essentially wants to trade in $30 million in one year for something like $60 million over four, he has a decent chance to live up to the contract, even during his age-36 season.

Much more than that starts to get a little risky, though.
Bleacher Report
LeftHandThriller
Junior
And1: 188

Post#165 » by LeftHandThriller » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:38 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:I gotta be honest, if we could get Horford for the last few years of his career at $15 million per, I'd jump all over that.

He brings a skill set that meshes with Trae and Collins, is a great locker room presence and would serve as a nice story for the most accomplished drafted Hawk player of the past 25 years.

Every Top 2019 NBA Free Agent's Biggest Red Flag

7. Al Horford: Age

Al Horford should age fairly gracefully, as well. His game is predicated more on smarts and fundamentals than explosiveness. But the Boston Celtics big man just turned 33. Any long-term deal would put him at the tail end of his career.

And if Horford exercises his player option and turns down the $30.1 million he's owed in 2019-20, long-term security is probably what he's after.

If he essentially wants to trade in $30 million in one year for something like $60 million over four, he has a decent chance to live up to the contract, even during his age-36 season.

Much more than that starts to get a little risky, though.
Bleacher Report

nah, don’t want him or his sister to be part of the New Atl squad. Al can take his Celtic pride and stick it up his a$$.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#166 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:39 pm

Might he end up in Milwaukee?

Read on Twitter
tomaHAWKslam
Bench Warmer
And1: 124

Post#167 » by tomaHAWKslam » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:51 pm

Can they pay him more than the mle?
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,495

Post#168 » by dms269 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:01 pm

tomaHAWKslam wrote:Can they pay him more than the mle?

Not unless they can find someone to eat Snell and Ersan.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,934

Post#169 » by jayu70 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:44 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,078

Post#170 » by High 5 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:19 am

I'll admit I thought there was zero chance he'd leave Boston, but I don't think anyone expected their season to be such a dumpster fire.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#171 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:02 am

Read on Twitter

Sent from my RC555L using RealGM mobile app
Hawkamanic81
Rookie
And1: 39

Post#172 » by Hawkamanic81 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:06 am

I don’t like really emotional people (emotional men are beta males) and I think Cousins makes mistakes in n critical moments due to Jim being unable to control his emotions.
saloonyk8
Rookie
And1: 130

Post#173 » by saloonyk8 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:27 pm

Marc Stein: The belief making the front-office rounds tonight is that Al Horford already knows there’s a four-year contract worth in excess of $100 million waiting out there for him June 30 .. knowledge that led to Horford’s talks with the Celtics dissolving

I don't think that's a good fit for our current team. He would fit well with Kawhi on Clippers, just from a basketball sense.
Commit to the process
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#174 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:42 pm

saloonyk8 wrote:Marc Stein: The belief making the front-office rounds tonight is that Al Horford already knows there’s a four-year contract worth in excess of $100 million waiting out there for him June 30 .. knowledge that led to Horford’s talks with the Celtics dissolving

I don't think that's a good fit for our current team. He would fit well with Kawhi on Clippers, just from a basketball sense.

Another 4 year/ $100 million contract out there for Horford?!?

I'm skeptical based on his age and waning production.

But it also makes me wonder if we had signed him to a full max contract back in 2016, would we have been able to move him mid-contract for value?

If we had him signed to a 5 year deal back then, could we move him to a contender this summer with 2 years left on that deal?

:dontknow:
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,010

Post#175 » by HMFFL » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:43 pm

saloonyk8 wrote:Marc Stein: The belief making the front-office rounds tonight is that Al Horford already knows there’s a four-year contract worth in excess of $100 million waiting out there for him June 30 .. knowledge that led to Horford’s talks with the Celtics dissolving

Right now, I just hope the Celtics lose him to another team, and preferably to the West.

I don't believe a reunion with us is an option.

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#176 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:36 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#177 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:01 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#178 » by MaceCase » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:45 pm

Breaking: Anna spotted looking up cowboy hats and chaps on Pinterest.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#179 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:13 pm

I'm not trying to win this season if I'm Schlenk.

If I were, then yes to pursuing Horford (for the right price).

But I'm not.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#180 » by D21 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:06 am

Anybody shocked by the same scenario for Horford Free Agency ?

When ATL F.A., he was asking to improve the team, so they looked at the problem : rebounding. They contact Howard, with their minds on playing him with Horford and Millsap, or Horford alone, and then, he stops negociating because he don't get 5M more (which would have set him at the exact annual salary of BOS offer).

With BOS, he was supposed to take less to help the team, everybody supposed it was 15M/year for several years instead of 30M this coming season, there is negociations... and then he stops...

I'm starting to think it may not be due to BOS offering less than hoped, but link to the Capela rumor being traded to BOS, and that Horford want to be the main guy in the frontcourt

Dwight coming, he leaves while he could stay
Rumor of Capela to BOS, he leaves (even if it's a bit different because we don't know if he would have been involved)

Return to Atlanta Hawks