myrak433
Sixth Man
And1: 229

Re: Jimmy Butler? 

Post#41 » by myrak433 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:24 pm

kg01 wrote:
myrak433 wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Eh, I'll ride with it. As I said, nothing that happened in the bubble changed how I feel about any player.

So you are saying that you don’t believe Jimmy would improve the Hawks, and you would not want him on the Hawks?

Any competent, high-level player would improve the Hawks. But that's not the question is it? Or are you thinking this is 2k exhibition mode where you can pick your roster however you want it?

Ok I am done you won. Anything besides building from the draft is a 2k dream move to you.
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
myrak433
Sixth Man

Post#42 » by myrak433 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:25 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Myrak, what you have to understand is that kg doesn’t actually believe most of what he says.

Trying to get him to own up to anything he’s said in the past is pointless.

(He really just likes the sound of his own voice. :rofl: )

I understand now. Thanks for the heads up
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#43 » by kg01 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:59 pm

myrak433 wrote:
kg01 wrote:
myrak433 wrote:
So you are saying that you don’t believe Jimmy would improve the Hawks, and you would not want him on the Hawks?

Any competent, high-level player would improve the Hawks. But that's not the question is it? Or are you thinking this is 2k exhibition mode where you can pick your roster however you want it?

Ok I am done you won. Anything besides building from the draft is a 2k dream move to you.

He orchestrated a trade to the place he wanted to be. He wasn't simply "traded". That would imply the Hawks were "in it". They weren't. Therefore, discussion of acquiring him was indeed 2k-level chat.
king01 :king:
myrak433
Sixth Man

Post#44 » by myrak433 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:08 am

kg01 wrote:
myrak433 wrote:
kg01 wrote:

He orchestrated a trade to the place he wanted to be. He wasn't simply "traded". That would imply the Hawks were "in it". They weren't. Therefore, discussion of acquiring him was indeed 2k-level chat.

You won.

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
benhillboy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,656

Post#45 » by benhillboy » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:20 pm

How did I get dragged into this lol. I don’t even remember that post. I know now Lloyd Pierce wouldn’t be able to handle Jimmy though seeing how he demands absolutely nothing defensively or off ball from his highest minutes player. Just a live television blow up and behind the scenes spat waiting to happen.
azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Post#46 » by azuresou1 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:47 pm

I guess I missed this thread the first time around.

Jimmy Buckets is basically the perfect player to add to the current incarnation of the team - positional fit, brings leadership, brings defense, will challenge the team when they're being soft.

Trae, for all his offensive skill, currently only rises to the challenge offensively. Defensively, dude still dies on screens way more often than he should.

This is all kind of a moot point though, because I see zero chance he leaves Miami.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#47 » by Jamaaliver » Fri May 28, 2021 6:26 pm

If he were to become available, would anyone be in favor of bringing him in here?

Read on Twitter

If we could add him to a lineup with Capela, Hunter, Bogdan and Trae...I'd have to strongly consider it.

Every team he joins enjoys an immediate bump and improvement...before inevitably falling back to earth.

Return to Atlanta Hawks