ImageImage

Jimmy Butler?

Moderators: HMFFL, dms269, Jamaaliver

User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 24,739
And1: 8,991
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Jimmy Butler? 

Post#21 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Sep 27, 2020 1:25 am

Given the success this dude has had at pretty much every stop, including this year in Miami, any second thoughts on this guy?

Read on Twitter
kg01
Head Coach
Posts: 6,334
And1: 8,278
Joined: Jun 28, 2017
 

Re: Jimmy Butler? 

Post#22 » by kg01 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:10 am

Nope.
king01 :king:
atlantabbq99
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,885
And1: 1,261
Joined: Mar 28, 2013

Re: Jimmy Butler? 

Post#23 » by atlantabbq99 » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:48 pm

Although Butler has looked like an MVP, I still stand by my opinion that the Hawks not going after Butler is a good move.

I never questioned Butler's skills, but I don't think its a good move for the Hawks to give a max contract to a 32 year old player. I would much rather put a package of a max contract for an elite 25yr old player like Giannis or Embiid.
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 24,739
And1: 8,991
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Jimmy Butler? 

Post#24 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:38 pm

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 24,739
And1: 8,991
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Jimmy Butler? 

Post#25 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:01 pm

Read on Twitter

Image
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 24,739
And1: 8,991
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Jimmy Butler? 

Post#26 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Sep 29, 2020 12:55 am

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 24,739
And1: 8,991
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Jimmy Butler? 

Post#27 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:42 am

Read on Twitter
Spud2nique
Head Coach
Posts: 6,740
And1: 4,185
Joined: Jul 01, 2017

Re: Jimmy Butler? 

Post#28 » by Spud2nique » Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:54 pm

Jimmy Butler is not a hall of famer, that’s fine I agree. Until Dwight Howard is a hall of famer then I don’t.

Jimmy>Dwight

This isn’t a hot take either. It’s just the hall qualifications has a loophole, they need to fix it.

Have a blessed Sunday.
GO HAWKS!!! :thumbsup:
myrak433
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,690
And1: 122
Joined: Jul 10, 2010

Re: Jimmy Butler? 

Post#29 » by myrak433 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:23 am

Wow this is an interesting thread with some interesting takes on Jimmy Butler. I wonder if Kg01 feels the same.
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
kg01
Head Coach
Posts: 6,334
And1: 8,278
Joined: Jun 28, 2017
 

Re: Jimmy Butler? 

Post#30 » by kg01 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 3:49 pm

myrak433 wrote:Wow this is an interesting thread with some interesting takes on Jimmy Butler. I wonder if Kg01 feels the same.



Image

Huh? What? What're ya'll talking about?
king01 :king:
myrak433
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,690
And1: 122
Joined: Jul 10, 2010

Re: Jimmy Butler? 

Post#31 » by myrak433 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:17 pm

kg01 wrote:
myrak433 wrote:Wow this is an interesting thread with some interesting takes on Jimmy Butler. I wonder if Kg01 feels the same.



Image

Huh? What? What're ya'll talking about?


Last year you stated that Jimmy Butler was all talk and did not contribute to winning. Now that he took the Heat the the finals and was the best player on the Heat, and was able to win two games against the Lakers (while clearly having the inferior team). Do you feel the same way about Jimmy Butler?
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
kg01
Head Coach
Posts: 6,334
And1: 8,278
Joined: Jun 28, 2017
 

Re: Jimmy Butler? 

Post#32 » by kg01 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:40 pm

myrak433 wrote:
kg01 wrote:
myrak433 wrote:Wow this is an interesting thread with some interesting takes on Jimmy Butler. I wonder if Kg01 feels the same.



Image

Huh? What? What're ya'll talking about?


Last year you stated that Jimmy Butler was all talk and did not contribute to winning. Now that he took the Heat the the finals and was the best player on the Heat, and was able to win two games against the Lakers (while clearly having the inferior team). Do you feel the same way about Jimmy Butler?


1. I don't think I said this.

2. That said, I'm on record that I don't think anything in the bubble will translate to "normal" play, so nothing that happened in the past month+ has changed my opinion on any player.
king01 :king:
myrak433
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,690
And1: 122
Joined: Jul 10, 2010

Re: Jimmy Butler? 

Post#33 » by myrak433 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:06 pm

kg01 wrote:
benhillboy wrote:I’ve always been a fan of his game, he hasn’t had problems with anyone who didnt deserve to be called out or challenged:

Rondo spits in people’s face
Wade has been widely reported as a diva in his later years
Hoiberg is rightfully unemployed
Thibs’ best role is assistant
KAT allowed Butler to belittle him, Wiggins doesn’t care either way
I never could take Brett Brown serious

I think Coach Pierce and Vince would demand and earn much more respect than any of these people. The Bulls and Minny teams he was on were extremely soft, so much that it makes our roster look slightly stout with our recent defense and rebounding.

He said as much when he left Minny, he wants teammates and coaches who won’t be afraid to bark on him as well. I wouldn’t want to play with and for a bunch of church mouses either. This report wouldn’t have come out if Brown simply told Butler in front of the team that his offensive numbers and advanced defensive metrics are down, “f&@k you, your minutes, and your touches, you need better conditioning to stay on the floor anyway, this is Joel’s team, fall in line, and learn how to shoot threes you pompous diva,” or something along those lines. Controversy averted. The fact that he doesn’t care how badly all of his complaints makes him look is actually a plus for me.


Give me Spittin' Rondo a thousand times before Jimi. Rondo contributes to winning, Jimi just talks about it.


Is this your post?
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
myrak433
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,690
And1: 122
Joined: Jul 10, 2010

Re: Jimmy Butler? 

Post#34 » by myrak433 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:07 pm

kg01 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:If we're serious about making a run at the post season next year, yes. I'd be in favor of it.

Our young'ns might get their feelings hurt a bit. But they'd see up close the type of preparation and intensity it takes to compete in this league.

He isn't a perfect mentor, with his tendency to upstage coaches/GMs. But his practices are legend for a reason.

And a lineup of

Len
Collins
J Butler
Huerter
Trae

is kind of a perfect fit on the court.

I'd give him the max on a 2 year contract with a player option in year 2.


He's never won anything but acts like he's on Lebron level. That doesn't help anyone.

He's pyrite. Sound and fury signifying nothing.


?????
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
kg01
Head Coach
Posts: 6,334
And1: 8,278
Joined: Jun 28, 2017
 

Re: Jimmy Butler? 

Post#35 » by kg01 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:20 pm

myrak433 wrote:
kg01 wrote:
benhillboy wrote:I’ve always been a fan of his game, he hasn’t had problems with anyone who didnt deserve to be called out or challenged:

Rondo spits in people’s face
Wade has been widely reported as a diva in his later years
Hoiberg is rightfully unemployed
Thibs’ best role is assistant
KAT allowed Butler to belittle him, Wiggins doesn’t care either way
I never could take Brett Brown serious

I think Coach Pierce and Vince would demand and earn much more respect than any of these people. The Bulls and Minny teams he was on were extremely soft, so much that it makes our roster look slightly stout with our recent defense and rebounding.

He said as much when he left Minny, he wants teammates and coaches who won’t be afraid to bark on him as well. I wouldn’t want to play with and for a bunch of church mouses either. This report wouldn’t have come out if Brown simply told Butler in front of the team that his offensive numbers and advanced defensive metrics are down, “f&@k you, your minutes, and your touches, you need better conditioning to stay on the floor anyway, this is Joel’s team, fall in line, and learn how to shoot threes you pompous diva,” or something along those lines. Controversy averted. The fact that he doesn’t care how badly all of his complaints makes him look is actually a plus for me.


Give me Spittin' Rondo a thousand times before Jimi. Rondo contributes to winning, Jimi just talks about it.


Is this your post?


Eh, I'll ride with it. As I said, nothing that happened in the bubble changed how I feel about any player.
king01 :king:
myrak433
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,690
And1: 122
Joined: Jul 10, 2010

Re: Jimmy Butler? 

Post#36 » by myrak433 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:57 pm

kg01 wrote:
myrak433 wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Give me Spittin' Rondo a thousand times before Jimi. Rondo contributes to winning, Jimi just talks about it.


Is this your post?


Eh, I'll ride with it. As I said, nothing that happened in the bubble changed how I feel about any player.


So you are saying that you don’t believe Jimmy would improve the Hawks, and you would not want him on the Hawks?
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
kg01
Head Coach
Posts: 6,334
And1: 8,278
Joined: Jun 28, 2017
 

Re: Jimmy Butler? 

Post#37 » by kg01 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:08 pm

myrak433 wrote:
kg01 wrote:
myrak433 wrote:
Is this your post?


Eh, I'll ride with it. As I said, nothing that happened in the bubble changed how I feel about any player.


So you are saying that you don’t believe Jimmy would improve the Hawks, and you would not want him on the Hawks?


Any competent, high-level player would improve the Hawks. But that's not the question is it? Or are you thinking this is 2k exhibition mode where you can pick your roster however you want it?
king01 :king:
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 24,739
And1: 8,991
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Jimmy Butler? 

Post#38 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:30 pm

Myrak, what you have to understand is that kg doesn’t actually believe most of what he says.

Trying to get him to own up to anything he’s said in the past is pointless.

(He really just likes the sound of his own voice. :rofl: )
kg01
Head Coach
Posts: 6,334
And1: 8,278
Joined: Jun 28, 2017
 

Re: Jimmy Butler? 

Post#39 » by kg01 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:35 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Myrak, what you have to understand is that kg doesn’t actually believe most of what he says.

Trying to get him to own up to anything he’s said in the past is pointless.

(He really just likes the sound of his own voice. :rofl: )


I literally just said I'll ride with what I said.

At least I actually make statements and don't just fence-ride like ... some folks, jamallino.
king01 :king:
kg01
Head Coach
Posts: 6,334
And1: 8,278
Joined: Jun 28, 2017
 

Re: Jimmy Butler? 

Post#40 » by kg01 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:41 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Myrak, what you have to understand is that kg doesn’t actually believe most of what he says.

Trying to get him to own up to anything he’s said in the past is pointless.

(He really just likes the sound of his own voice. :rofl: )


I literally just said I'll ride with what I said.

At least I actually make statements and don't just fence-ride like ... some folks, jamallino.
king01 :king:

Return to Atlanta Hawks