Spellman brutally honest about lack of play

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

benhillboy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,654

Re: Spellman brutally honest about lack of play 

Post#21 » by benhillboy » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:38 pm

jayu70 wrote:
benhillboy wrote:Interesting to see what CLP does about PG play, Trae piling turnovers again. Lin like “let me get them minutes coach.” Could the Lakers be looking to sign the hometown kid again with Ball going down?

Wrong thread Benni :lol:

Damn, my bad lol. Had no idea.
Atlanta Hawk Fan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 659

Post#22 » by Atlanta Hawk Fan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:57 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Haha, some would say you're our Omari. :)

:lol: ya...it’s still funny...hahahahaha ...ahhhhhhhhhhh... some guys gotta love the Internet. Hey, I offered to meet up and shut people down but macdaddy (the real fat guy)was the first to be scared. If ur gonna talk it, walk it...

Let’s face it everyone saw the muscle pics that AHF tried to get off squawk. It took his skinny a$$ a day to do it so my beautiful body was revealed to all.

Haha, AHf was clearly jealous. It's ok. We still love you, AHf. :wink:

I didn't pull those, lol! Said poster decided he didn't was a real life picture out there on the Squawk. We didn't prevent people from posting IRL pics if they wanted even if it isn't something most people opted to do. I may have asked him via PM if he really wanted a RL picture out there, though, as I've done that before to make sure people have thought it through. (See GM for an example of someone who shared IRL pic).

I can verify the picture showed that Spud was (and likely still is) fit. I can also verify it is more fun to pretend he wasn't/isn't.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#23 » by kg01 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:29 pm

Atlanta Hawk Fan wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

:lol: ya...it’s still funny...hahahahaha ...ahhhhhhhhhhh... some guys gotta love the Internet. Hey, I offered to meet up and shut people down but macdaddy (the real fat guy)was the first to be scared. If ur gonna talk it, walk it...

Let’s face it everyone saw the muscle pics that AHF tried to get off squawk. It took his skinny a$$ a day to do it so my beautiful body was revealed to all.

I didn't pull those, lol! Said poster decided he didn't was a real life picture out there on the Squawk. We didn't prevent people from posting IRL pics if they wanted even if it isn't something most people opted to do. I may have asked him via PM if he really wanted a RL picture out there, though, as I've done that before to make sure people have thought it through. (See GM for an example of someone who shared IRL pic).

I can verify the picture showed that Spud was (and likely still is) fit. I can also verify it is more fun to pretend he wasn't/isn't.

But can you confirm that you currently have a blowup pic of @spud hanging over your fireplace?
king01 :king:
Atlanta Hawk Fan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 659

Post#24 » by Atlanta Hawk Fan » Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:15 pm

kg01 wrote:
Atlanta Hawk Fan wrote:
kg01 wrote:

But can you confirm that you currently have a blowup pic of @spud hanging over your fireplace?

It is a life size rending from a 3D printer lying on a bear skin rug DP-style.

Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#25 » by Spud2nique » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:09 pm

You guys are my fam and make me smile even on some down days.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#26 » by Spud2nique » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:11 pm

Atlanta Hawk Fan wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

No longer fit. The holidays ruined what I had going. I have a bit of personality left but that’s been missing lately as well.
kg01
General Manager

Post#27 » by kg01 » Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:56 pm

Spud2nique wrote:You guys are my fam and make me smile even on some down days.

Likewise, spud.

Any time you feel like things are bad, think of me and my deadbeat BIL and be glad that's not on yer plate. :-?
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#28 » by Spud2nique » Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:23 pm

kg01 wrote:

Likewise, spud.

Any time you feel like things are bad, think of me and my deadbeat BIL and be glad that's not on yer plate. :-?

:lol: I have some of that on my plate as well.

Ps Ur boy Okogie!!!! Wuuuutttt the! Wow. Opportunity!
kg01
General Manager

Post#29 » by kg01 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:14 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:

Likewise, spud.

Hey, hire me to show up as the 'crazy neighbor' to scare yours away. I'll hire you for mine. Deal?

And yeah, Okogie is a beast. Needs development. Hope he'll get it there. Don't tell my GT friends but I'm happy with the Red Menace pick. Shhhh ...
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,960

Post#30 » by shakes0 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:17 pm

the article disappoints. I want to know what exactly he was eating that allowed him to get so fat. I ask cause I'm curious...as a former fat guy I got up to 250 lbs (5'10 tall) after high school despite playing basketball 2-3 hours per day on a daily basis. I accomplished that feat by eating pretty much 2/3 of all my meals at places like McDonalds. It's not easy to work out like that and still gain weight. You really gotta eat like crap. Finally started eating good and managed to lose 75 lbs in 4 months just from playing basketball and replacing big macs with turkey sandwiches.

Really interested to know what he was eating on a daily basis that allowed him to blow up like that.
kg01
General Manager

Post#31 » by kg01 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:33 pm

shakes0 wrote:the article disappoints. I want to know what exactly he was eating that allowed him to get so fat. I ask cause I'm curious...as a former fat guy I got up to 250 lbs (5'10 tall) after high school despite playing basketball 2-3 hours per day on a daily basis. I accomplished that feat by eating pretty much 2/3 of all my meals at places like McDonalds. It's not easy to work out like that and still gain weight. You really gotta eat like crap. Finally started eating good and managed to lose 75 lbs in 4 months just from playing basketball and replacing big macs with turkey sandwiches.

Really interested to know what he was eating on a daily basis that allowed him to blow up like that.

I will sayi that I'm curious why nobody told him to stop eating donut-burgers with extra cheese sauce (or w/e he was inhaling) along the way.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#32 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:44 pm

kg01 wrote:I will sayi that I'm curious why nobody told him to stop eating donut-burgers with extra cheese sauce (or w/e he was inhaling) along the way.

Or even shave. For a young millionaire in a city like Atlanta, he has a very sloppy appearance.
Spoiler:
He also failed to graduate HS on time and subsequently had to sit out his first year of Villanova basketball because of academic restrictions.

I like the kid...but I see huuuuge red flags regarding maturity.
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#33 » by shakes0 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:05 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
kg01 wrote:I will sayi that I'm curious why nobody told him to stop eating donut-burgers with extra cheese sauce (or w/e he was inhaling) along the way.

Or even shave. For a young millionaire in a city like Atlanta, he has a very sloppy appearance.
Spoiler:
He also failed to graduate HS on time and subsequently had to sit out his first year of Villanova basketball because of academic restrictions.

With a guy like that you just gotta hope the light bulb turns on above their head before it's too late. I was a guy like that. Failed out of multiple schools, was 80 lbs overweight. Then one day it just clicked in my head that I was going nowhere fast and I grew up overnight, matured and got my grades back on track. Same thing with the weight, one day it just clicked that I need to lose weight so I did. 25 years later and I'm still in good shape and I'm an attorney. Could've easily gone the opposite direction if I didn't wake up in time.

Hopefully being sent down the G league was enough of a wake up call to get that ligth bulb glowing above his head. For me, it was my parents driving me to a McDonalds after I had failed out of a second school my freshman year and telling me that was going to be my permanent place of employment if I didn't get my act together in school.
kg01
General Manager

Post#34 » by kg01 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:06 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

Spoiler:

I won't say yuuuuuge red flags but it does appear he needs a bit more hand-holding than others. Could be he had a bad home life or something (that could easily derail someone at that age) so I'm a little hesitant to jump all over his case just yet.

Hopefully his reps and the organization see that he gets the guidance he needs. That's were the vet presence may help us more than the middling return on trading them might. I mean, I've never seen 'cash considerations' giving life advice.
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#35 » by shakes0 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:30 pm

kg01 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Spoiler:

I won't say yuuuuuge red flags but it does appear he needs a bit more hand-holding than others. Could be he had a bad home life or something (that could easily derail someone at that age) so I'm a little hesitant to jump all over his case just yet.

Hopefully his reps and the organization see that he gets the guidance he needs. That's were the vet presence may help us more than the middling return on trading them might. I mean, I've never seen 'cash considerations' giving life advice.

one thing I will say, giving a guy with maturity/self discipline issues an unlimited bank account at age 20 probably isn't the best way to fix those issues. Hopefully the team realizes taht and gives him a babysitter of some sorts. Or at least put him on a team mandated diet with a professional nutritionist and a home chef. Seems like a no brainer investment. Actually it's a little disappointing that the team didn't do this BEFORE this became an issue. It's not like he didn't look chunky at Villanova.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#36 » by Spud2nique » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:29 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Likewise, spud.

Hey, hire me to show up as the 'crazy neighbor' to scare yours away. I'll hire you for mine. Deal?

And yeah, Okogie is a beast. Needs development. Hope he'll get it there. Don't tell my GT friends but I'm happy with the Red Menace pick. Shhhh ...

To be honest I never watched too much Okogie on the west coast here. There are only so many prospects I usually scout in depth and he slipped on by, so did Huerter for that matter. But yes, Huerter all day, great pick for us at 19 like Collins. 19 is the key number here.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#37 » by Spud2nique » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:30 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Likewise, spud.

And yes on the BIL...like throw mama from the train love it.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#38 » by Spud2nique » Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:32 pm

shakes0 wrote:the article disappoints. I want to know what exactly he was eating that allowed him to get so fat. I ask cause I'm curious...as a former fat guy I got up to 250 lbs (5'10 tall) after high school despite playing basketball 2-3 hours per day on a daily basis. I accomplished that feat by eating pretty much 2/3 of all my meals at places like McDonalds. It's not easy to work out like that and still gain weight. You really gotta eat like crap. Finally started eating good and managed to lose 75 lbs in 4 months just from playing basketball and replacing big macs with turkey sandwiches.

Diet is 75-80%. You keep it clean with the NBA practices and games you almost force yourself to get in shape. Despite being young and his metabolism kicking strong right now he has to be putting away Philly cheesesteaks WIT cheese the way Mace likes them. Oh and late night eating doesn’t help, don’t let these bro workout dudes tell you that it doesn’t matter when you eat, that’s bs.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#39 » by jayu70 » Mon Mar 4, 2019 1:45 am

Spell is pretty much done for the season. Please don't get fat again.
He needs to come with a transformed body to start the 2019 season.
Read on Twitter
shakes0
Assistant Coach

Post#40 » by shakes0 » Mon Mar 4, 2019 6:58 pm

we should start a pool and try and guess just how fat he gets while he's out. Or just do an over/under and set the bar at Oliver Miller.

Return to Atlanta Hawks