ImageImage

Game Thread: Hawks vs Rockets -- 3/19

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

LunchBox21
Freshman
And1: 86

Re: Game Thread: Hawks vs Rockets -- 3/19 

Post#41 » by LunchBox21 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:54 am

Houston isn't even paying Danuel House 1M dollars (we should target this guy in free agency) and he's way more useful than Bazemore.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#42 » by Spud2nique » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:44 am

jayu70 wrote::lol: Oh Baze

Read on Twitter

I laughed immediately..where’s the chicken gif!
Night Traen
Sophomore
And1: 90

Post#43 » by Night Traen » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:45 am

Nobody beats the BAZE.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#44 » by Spud2nique » Wed Mar 20, 2019 2:48 am

Tough game overall. Double double for Trae and Collins was nice. Bembry played some good D on Harden and some whistles were tough but it helped out tank so there’s the bright side.

Let’s get one against the Jazz. 10 games left I think we can afford to win a few without jeopardizing our spot in the draft.

Go Hawks!
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#45 » by ATL Boy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:46 am

It's wonderful that we've gotten to the point where Trae Young can put up 21 and 12 and have nobody be the least bit surprised. I can't wait to pair this kid with a top-tiered draft prospect and some free agent firepower. I imagine scenarios where I'm watching the upcoming lottery and see the Hawks unveiled as the team with the number 1 pick and get overwhelmed with excitement. Trae lobbing it up to Collins and Zion will make us the funnest team in the league.

Not much defense played tonight, but it's difficult to guard a team which has James Harden running the show. I appreciate the greatness we get to witness with him on the basketball court.

Kent is awful. Had a string of possessions where he completely capitulated the offense and that's where Houston built their lead which we could never wither down. Baze is exactly the type of player you appreciate having in a tanking season.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#46 » by Spud2nique » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:38 am

ATL Boy wrote:It's wonderful that we've gotten to the point where Trae Young can put up 21 and 12 and have nobody be the least bit surprised. I can't wait to pair this kid with a top-tiered draft prospect and some free agent firepower. I imagine scenarios where I'm watching the upcoming lottery and see the Hawks unveiled as the team with the number 1 pick and get overwhelmed with excitement. Trae lobbing it up to Collins and Zion will make us the funnest team in the league.

Not much defense played tonight, but it's difficult to guard a team which has James Harden running the show. I appreciate the greatness we get to witness with him on the basketball court.

Kent is awful. Had a string of possessions where he completely capitulated the offense and that's where Houston built their lead which we could never wither down. Baze is exactly the type of player you appreciate having in a tanking season.

First paragraph makes me smile and feel warm inside all at once. Zion is a dream. That would be the pinnacle of Hawks fandom.

Captain Tank Gazemore indeed!
benhillboy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,654

Post#47 » by benhillboy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:45 am

REHawksFan wrote:
benhillboy wrote:Starting unit (and Taurean) -5, Bench mob +8.

The ball really flies around the court when TP is on the bench.

He’s a case study in only being as strong as your weakest link. He’s a step behind everyone else in everything: cutting off the ball, recognizing when to pass, forcing extra possessions, etc. No blocks, no steals, no FT attempts, 2 boards tonight. His floor game is pretty much nonexistent. I can’t think of any single high-impact play he’s made all season. At 6’8” 220 he takes a whopping 16% of his shots near the rim. .018 of his shots are dunks if that’s even perceptible. 6’8”, 220. Vince is 90 years old with more dunks and 3s than our starting 3. WTF.
benhillboy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,654

Post#48 » by benhillboy » Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:58 am

jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Yeah, those who only judge books by their covers lol. I can’t figure out why TP has such a higher national perception than Hawks fans in the know. Size, three point shooting, and draft slot I guess.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#49 » by King Ken » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:14 am

benhillboy wrote:
REHawksFan wrote:
benhillboy wrote:Starting unit (and Taurean) -5, Bench mob +8.

He’s a case study in only being as strong as your weakest link. He’s a step behind everyone else in everything: cutting off the ball, recognizing when to pass, forcing extra possessions, etc. No blocks, no steals, no FT attempts, 2 boards tonight. His floor game is pretty much nonexistent. I can’t think of any single high-impact play he’s made all season. At 6’8” 220 he takes a whopping 16% of his shots near the rim. .018 of his shots are dunks if that’s even perceptible. 6’8”, 220. Vince is 90 years old with more dunks and 3s than our starting 3. WTF.

TP would be good off the bench. While Bazemore isn't as mentally off as TP. He can't volume shoot and he needs to be moving off the dribble to shoot. Its annoying. Those two are built for Bud ball. They can't defend outside of Buds system.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Post#50 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:37 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Post#51 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:40 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#52 » by kg01 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:52 pm

King Ken wrote:
benhillboy wrote:
REHawksFan wrote:

TP would be good off the bench. While Bazemore isn't as mentally off as TP. He can't volume shoot and he needs to be moving off the dribble to shoot. Its annoying. Those two are built for Bud ball. They can't defend outside of Buds system.

Seems that blip of decent play from TP a few weeks ago was just that .. a blip. He's just not a fit anymore. It's pretty weird and striking, as benhill describes. Hopefully his value hasn't torpedoed too much. He and Baze no longer belong here.

Sad because Baze seems to be a great guy and teammate. He's outlived his usefulness, even as a bench piece. He doesn't even excel in that role anymore .. at all.
king01 :king:
IheartTHEhurt
Junior
And1: 251

Post#53 » by IheartTHEhurt » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:38 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Those numbers and records are impressive but let's not lose tract at how many times this guy Chuck's the ball every game. While Cappolla may benefit from Harden, it's hard pressed to say any the others do on the Rockets.

I applaud the guy and he knows how to get to the LINE but it's just the James Harden System. Even more so then Bron ball. James will probably never make a finals with his flashy ball control style of play.. It's a bit of a shame to think about but the guy even limits Chris Paul on the floor.
Night Traen
Sophomore

Post#54 » by Night Traen » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:01 pm

Night Traen wrote:
kg01 wrote:Why're y'all still pining after Paul. There was never a point in his career that I wanted him on our team.

Great stats, losing player.

Don't @ me ... actually do @ me. Prove I'm wrong. I'll wait.

I'll prove you're wrong. Chris...Paul. Two first names as his entire name. When was the last time a Hawks player had two first names as their ENTIRE NAME? Take your ball and go home, I win.

I'm going to go ahead and quote myself here. Here are Hawks players over the last few years who have two first names as their entire name, but you clearly didn't want to play:

Alex Len
Ryan Kelly
Malcolm Delaney
Damion Lee
Dwight Howard
Gary Neal
Mike Scott
Shelvin Mack

(Honestly, when I originally replied, I had no idea there would be so many Hawks with names comprised of first names...and even just over the last few years. I can only imagine how many players over the history of the franchise.)

(And of course I was joking when making my point about why Chris wasn't a losing player simply because of him having two first names in his name.)
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#55 » by kg01 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:53 pm

Night Traen wrote:
Night Traen wrote:
kg01 wrote:Why're y'all still pining after Paul. There was never a point in his career that I wanted him on our team.

Great stats, losing player.

Don't @ me ... actually do @ me. Prove I'm wrong. I'll wait.

I'll prove you're wrong. Chris...Paul. Two first names as his entire name. When was the last time a Hawks player had two first names as their ENTIRE NAME? Take your ball and go home, I win.

I'm going to go ahead and quote myself here. Here are Hawks players over the last few years who have two first names as their entire name, but you clearly didn't want to play:

Alex Len
Ryan Kelly
Malcolm Delaney
Damion Lee
Dwight Howard
Gary Neal
Mike Scott
Shelvin Mack

(Honestly, when I originally replied, I had no idea there would be so many Hawks with names comprised of first names...and even just over the last few years. I can only imagine how many players over the history of the franchise.)

(And of course I was joking when making my point about why Chris wasn't a losing player simply because of him having two first names in his name.)

Honestly, I was all ...

king01 :king:
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#56 » by Spud2nique » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:12 pm

kg01 wrote:
Night Traen wrote:
Night Traen wrote:I'll prove you're wrong. Chris...Paul. Two first names as his entire name. When was the last time a Hawks player had two first names as their ENTIRE NAME? Take your ball and go home, I win.

Alex Len
Ryan Kelly
Malcolm Delaney
Damion Lee
Dwight Howard
Gary Neal
Mike Scott
Shelvin Mack

Honestly, I was all ...

:lol:
Night Traen
Sophomore

Post#57 » by Night Traen » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:41 pm

kg01 wrote:
Night Traen wrote:
Night Traen wrote:I'll prove you're wrong. Chris...Paul. Two first names as his entire name. When was the last time a Hawks player had two first names as their ENTIRE NAME? Take your ball and go home, I win.

Alex Len
Ryan Kelly
Malcolm Delaney
Damion Lee
Dwight Howard
Gary Neal
Mike Scott
Shelvin Mack

Honestly, I was all ...

And as usual, at the time I posted it, I was all...

Return to Atlanta Hawks