ImageImage

What do you think of Bud now?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Re: What do you think of Bud now? 

Post#141 » by kg01 » Fri May 24, 2019 4:02 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:^TBH, I thought he'd relocated to the Bucks Forum already...

NOTE: Their fanbase is already turning on Bud after 3 consecutive losses.

All right, all right .. let's not pile on our guy macd. He means well.
king01 :king:
Sultanofatl
Pro Prospect
And1: 159

Post#142 » by Sultanofatl » Fri May 24, 2019 4:12 pm

This is why I was waiting. Bud is a B= coach. To get an A he has to learn to adapt and make teams adjust to his schemes during a series. If he would simply play for the offensive rebounds with Lopez and less having him out at the 3 line, this series would be over.
If it counts luck is worth the same as skill
macd-gm
Starter
And1: 2,515

Post#143 » by macd-gm » Fri May 24, 2019 6:20 pm

LOL. I forgot you're entirely objective when it comes to Bud.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#144 » by Spud2nique » Fri May 24, 2019 7:13 pm

kg01 wrote:

All right, all right .. let's not pile on our guy macd. He means well.

I’m over him. He’s not conceding the Kyrie thing. Moving forward, I take MacD like I take lurker. Ok not to that degree but he’s a lil weenie and he knows it. :x
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#145 » by Jamaaliver » Fri May 24, 2019 7:41 pm

It’s Time for the Bucks to Adapt to the Raptors, or They’ll Perish

Milwaukee is one game away from elimination after a sterling 2-0 start in the Eastern Conference finals. They’re learning about their weaknesses, sure, but they’re also learning what happens when their best players aren’t kept on the floor

The Bucks are getting an education in the Eastern Conference finals. For all their talent, they are a young team without much playoff experience and with a lot they don’t know about themselves. This is the first time they have really been tested. Their margin for error is gone after losing three straight to Toronto. They will be fighting for their lives in a road Game 6 on Saturday. It will be a clarifying moment for the franchise.

The big adjustment the Raptors made after falling behind 0-2 was putting Kawhi Leonard on Giannis Antetokounmpo. Giannis is shooting 11-for-31 from the field (35.5 percent) in the 131 possessions when Kawhi has been his primary defender. He’s not making many plays for his teammates (four assists and five turnovers) or getting to the foul line (three made free throws), either.

The most important adjustment that Budenholzer can make in Game 6 is to lean more on his best players. Milwaukee has been dominant (plus-34.9 in 52 minutes) when Giannis, Middleton, and Brogdon have all been in. They just haven’t played much together because Brogdon has been coming off the bench in Budenholzer’s 10-man rotation. The three played only 11 minutes together in Game 5.

Budenzholer has to be as ruthless as Raptors head coach Nick Nurse in Game 6. Nurse’s rotation is down to eight. Budenholzer needs his best lineups on the floor at all times. He should always keep at least two of Giannis, Middleton, and Brogdon in.

Budenholzer has lived a charmed life in Milwaukee...He hasn’t had to make any major adjustments to his rotation or style of play, a luxury few coaches get in the playoffs. The question headed into Game 6 is whether Budenholzer has learned the right lessons about his team.
The Ringer
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#146 » by MaceCase » Fri May 24, 2019 10:34 pm

EazyRoc wrote:Taking Giannis out in the last minute was a dumb ass move by Bud.

Giannis actually going out was a soft ass move. You’re the leading MVP candidate, yell “FOH coach” and wave him off.....unless of course he was praising the entire pantheon when Bud pulled him because he wanted a breather...and Kawhi was bussin’ his bottom.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
benhillboy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,654

Post#147 » by benhillboy » Sat May 25, 2019 11:57 am

Bledsoe and Brook killing my Boy. It’s not like he’s preventing them from jacking up bricks (in both cases) and never playing through the post for Brook. Shaping up like another playoff series where Bud gets the homecourt but falter’s because the other team has the best player. Kawhi’s unmatched perimeter strength, icy demeanor, lockdown D in its strictest sense, and effortless 3 level scoring is more valuable than Giannis’ length, passing, and primary facilitation. Kawhi’s weakness, floor vision and anticipating ball movement, is far less damaging than Giannis shaky dribble and mediocre FT, mid range, and three point shooting (at best). These games are so unpredictable I stopped betting after Game 5 but I believe Kawhi is gonna die before he allows the Raps to lose. Giannis may think he’s there but he isn’t. He’d have some type of dependable short shot by now.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#148 » by Jamaaliver » Sat May 25, 2019 1:36 pm

All he has to do now is win two of them...

Read on Twitter
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#149 » by Spud2nique » Sat May 25, 2019 2:31 pm

benhillboy wrote:Bledsoe and Brook killing my Boy. It’s not like he’s preventing them from jacking up bricks (in both cases) and never playing through the post for Brook. Shaping up like another playoff series where Bud gets the homecourt but falter’s because the other team has the best player. Kawhi’s unmatched perimeter strength, icy demeanor, lockdown D in its strictest sense, and effortless 3 level scoring is more valuable than Giannis’ length, passing, and primary facilitation. Kawhi’s weakness, floor vision and anticipating ball movement, is far less damaging than Giannis shaky dribble and mediocre FT, mid range, and three point shooting (at best). These games are so unpredictable I stopped betting after Game 5 but I believe Kawhi is gonna die before he allows the Raps to lose. Giannis may think he’s there but he isn’t. He’d have some type of dependable short shot by now.

Shut up.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#150 » by Jamaaliver » Sun May 26, 2019 3:00 am

Overheard during the Bucks-Raptors game:

Read on Twitter
peoriabird
Pro Prospect
And1: 467

Post#151 » by peoriabird » Sun May 26, 2019 3:12 am

Same ole Bud! Their offense looks awful...Iso Giannis over and over.! Turrible!
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#152 » by Buzzard » Sun May 26, 2019 3:19 am

peoriabird wrote:Same ole Bud! Their offense looks awful...Iso Giannis over and over.! Turrible!

I still think he is an above average coach; especially in the regular season. But this is going to be a black mark on his resume until he erases it by getting past the ECF with a top five player on the planet.

No excuses this time. He had the best team on paper by most peoples opinions including mine.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
peoriabird
Pro Prospect
And1: 467

Post#153 » by peoriabird » Sun May 26, 2019 3:30 am

Buzzard wrote:
peoriabird wrote:Same ole Bud! Their offense looks awful...Iso Giannis over and over.! Turrible!

I still think he is an above average coach; especially in the regular season. But this is going to be a black mark on his resume until he erases it by getting past the ECF with a top five player on the planet.

No excuses this time. He had the best team on paper by most peoples opinions including mine.

Its over for the Bucks...Players will start to leave this team starting this summer. That offense was a total mess. The way he uses Giannis is ridiculous. Giannis is not a facilitator or a guy that is effective off the dribble except against sorry teams. This is all on Bud plain and simple! Glad he is gone!
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#154 » by Buzzard » Sun May 26, 2019 3:40 am

peoriabird wrote:
Buzzard wrote:

Its over for the Bucks...Players will start to leave this team starting this summer. That offense was a total mess. The way he uses Giannis is ridiculous. Giannis is not a facilitator or a guy that is effective off the dribble except against sorry teams. This is all on Bud plain and simple! Glad he is gone!

I have thought since the middle of this season that keeping both Brogdon and Middleton would be hard for them. Hill is a free agent also. They got lucky but unlucky in one way with Bledsoe ( playoff disappearing act ) signing at a decent number.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams
MaceCase
General Manager
And1: 2,483

Post#155 » by MaceCase » Sun May 26, 2019 4:20 am

I respect Bud but all I will say is during the closing minute when Reg and C-Webb were saying Bud needs to come out of the timeout with his go-to play, no one in the bar understood why I broke out laughing hysterically....

Until a few seconds later when that highly telegraphed, slow developing, lob play to Giannis was intercepted. They all looked at me like I was NostradaMace.
*WLONC*
We Like Our New Core
Hazer
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,127

Post#156 » by Hazer » Sun May 26, 2019 2:15 pm

Oh. HEYULL. YAYYUSS!!!
Hazerbeamidge :guitar:
personanongrata
Junior
And1: 261

Post#157 » by personanongrata » Sun May 26, 2019 4:55 pm

Bud is solid as coach, but man is he snake and also incredibly petty. The way he threw Danny Ferry under the bus in a shameless power grab was beyond the pale. Then became one of worst GM's in the NBA. Then pouted like a baby when his powers were rightfully stripped. So glad he's gone.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,006

Post#158 » by HMFFL » Mon May 27, 2019 2:29 am

personanongrata wrote:Bud is solid as coach, but man is he snake and also incredibly petty. The way he threw Danny Ferry under the bus in a shameless power grab was beyond the pale. Then became one of worst GM's in the NBA. Then pouted like a baby when his powers were rightfully stripped. So glad he's gone.
I agree, it everything worked out for him, and now this off season he continues to build for another run next season.

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app
benhillboy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,654

Post#159 » by benhillboy » Mon May 27, 2019 3:28 pm

I’m often confused as to what players can and can’t play based on front court matchups. Bogut plays 10 minutes then DNPed. Gasol’s minutes ranged from 19 -45. Mirotic starts most of the series then is DNPed.

John Henson’s departure from the team was puzzling. He was improving from three, a much better PNR threat than any they have, and the closest thing they have to a “goon.” Brook Lopez was a great story all season but I realized it foolish to think he could be a Rich Man’s Pero and help someone to the Finals. And Bledsoe my God. Giannis has got to come back with an automatic pull up mid range jumper. Unfortunately it looks as if Bud’s staff is gonna be purged yet again for Taylor Jenkins (Ham?)
Buzzard
RealGM

Post#160 » by Buzzard » Mon May 27, 2019 6:27 pm

benhillboy wrote:I’m often confused as to what players can and can’t play based on front court matchups. Bogut plays 10 minutes then DNPed. Gasol’s minutes ranged from 19 -45. Mirotic starts most of the series then is DNPed.

John Henson’s departure from the team was puzzling. He was improving from three, a much better PNR threat than any they have, and the closest thing they have to a “goon.” Brook Lopez was a great story all season but I realized it foolish to think he could be a Rich Man’s Pero and help someone to the Finals. And Bledsoe my God. Giannis has got to come back with an automatic pull up mid range jumper. Unfortunately it looks as if Bud’s staff is gonna be purged yet again for Taylor Jenkins (Ham?)

I don't think Bud knew what to do with Mirotic. Given Bud's penchant for three point shooting that is almost shocking. Mirotic went from great acquisition to almost a non factor this season in the playoffs and that is all on Bud.

PG Ice Trae
C KAT/Mark Williams

Return to Atlanta Hawks