ImageImage

What do you want to see coming out of an IDEAL draft?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran
And1: 723

Re: What do you want to see coming out of an IDEAL draft? 

Post#81 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Tue May 21, 2019 3:14 am

Atlanta Hawk Fan wrote:Can someone who likes Fernando sell me on him?

Don't think any of us can. Or at least, speaking for myself, I've said what I've said, and if that's not enough, oh well. Life goes on. Well, except for this one thing... the size and athleticism

Imo, to the contrary, Bruno's the perfect size b/c he's not so tall that it limits his mobility, but rather he gets up and down the floor really well, and yet he has one of the more freakish wingspans of the bigs in the draft, and athletically was top 5 in several categories at the combine, including his hops.

But no, I don't think you'll be sold. And who knows, maybe you're right not to be.
hawkster411
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#82 » by hawkster411 » Tue May 21, 2019 5:16 am

I’m sticking to Schlenk’s obsession with players that can dribble, pass, and shoot.

I say we trade down with the #10 pick and absorb a large expiring contract. Pick up a future 1st round pick (top 5 protected) and move back in this years draft.

Pick #8 - Cam Reddish or Jarret Culver (if he slides)

Pick #15 - Goga Bitadze (C) - stretch big who can shoot the 3 and play defense.

2020 Top 5 protected pick
marco102
Junior
And1: 717

Post#83 » by marco102 » Tue May 21, 2019 5:26 am

8. Cam Reddish - SF
Trade 10 to Boston for 14 and 22
14 Kevin Porter Jr. - SG
22. Luka Samanic - PF
35 Jontay Porter - C
Other Picks probably Trade.
I'd love Darius Bazley or Nick Claxton
I'm working with my firm to assist small businesses apply for the stimulus assistance. If you're interested please pm.
We are also offering a cashflow bootcamp for small businesses (https://www.aprio.com/whatsnext/covid-19-cash-flow-bootcamp/ ).
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#84 » by Jamaaliver » Tue May 21, 2019 12:36 pm

marco102 wrote:8. Cam Reddish - SF
14 Kevin Porter Jr. - SG
22. Luka Samanic - PF
35 Jontay Porter - C

While I don't love KPJ...that'd be a really solid haul and very satisfying draft night.
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran

Post#85 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Tue May 21, 2019 4:10 pm

14 Kevin Porter Jr. - SG
22. Luka Samanic - PF
35 Jontay Porter - C

I'm with Liver...

This is a draft chock-full of tantalizing solid-but-not-uber-upside SG prospects, and if I were to get one, I'd be perfectly happy to wait until the second round.

That's how I see Kevin Porter.

I've been a Samanic fan from the start, but that's somewhat because most early accounts seemed to have him destined for the 2nd round and he would be such a value pick there... not to mention, he's a potential Euro-stash, and I think a lot of us expect Schlenk will draft at least one of those.

I'd consider it, but would have to chew on it before I'd take him at #22.

Btw, I think it's a slight discount to let Ainge come away from that trade retaining the #20... I want the #20 instead of the #22.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#86 » by jayu70 » Wed May 22, 2019 12:25 am

Could the Hawks package multiple selections with an eye toward a specific player that might be off the board before No. 8 overall? Absolutely. That may not be a wise investment given the flat nature of this draft class but, if Schlenk and his staff fall in love with a specific prospect, an argument could be made that going to get “their guy” may be wise.

Could the Hawks move down from No. 8 and/or No. 10 with an eye toward value? Well, yes. Conventional wisdom dictates that sliding down the board in a draft considered flat would be a wise value proposition (particularly if the team would be able to select what they deem to be a similar prospect while acquiring an extra asset) and, even if the Hawks don’t want to add five rookies to the 2019-20 roster, additional capital could be used in trade or with the ability to stash players internationally for the future. 

Read on Twitter

I'm guessing 2nd round picks more likely than not.
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran

Post#87 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Wed May 22, 2019 2:12 am

Nice to see Rowland refurbishing the same news from last week into another blog entry. Way to meet that quota, brother.
fuzzy1
Senior
And1: 293

Post#88 » by fuzzy1 » Wed May 22, 2019 1:55 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Could the Hawks package multiple selections with an eye toward a specific player that might be off the board before No. 8 overall? Absolutely. That may not be a wise investment given the flat nature of this draft class but, if Schlenk and his staff fall in love with a specific prospect, an argument could be made that going to get “their guy” may be wise.

Could the Hawks move down from No. 8 and/or No. 10 with an eye toward value? Well, yes. Conventional wisdom dictates that sliding down the board in a draft considered flat would be a wise value proposition (particularly if the team would be able to select what they deem to be a similar prospect while acquiring an extra asset) and, even if the Hawks don’t want to add five rookies to the 2019-20 roster, additional capital could be used in trade or with the ability to stash players internationally for the future. 

Read on Twitter

Is using a 2nd to dump Plumlee feasible/worth it? Maybe, would give us a lot of cap to work with

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
REHawksFan
Sophomore
And1: 217

Post#89 » by REHawksFan » Wed May 22, 2019 3:04 pm

fuzzy1 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:

Could the Hawks move down from No. 8 and/or No. 10 with an eye toward value? Well, yes. Conventional wisdo

m dictates that sliding down the board in a draft considered flat would be a wise value proposition (particularly if the team would be able to select what they deem to be a similar prospect while acquiring an extra asset) and, even if the Hawks don’t want to add five rookies to the 2019-20 roster, additional capital could be used in trade or with the ability to stash players internationally for the future. 

Read on Twitter

Is using a 2nd to dump Plumlee feasible/worth it? Maybe, would give us a lot of cap to work with

Was actually thinking along the same lines. IF Schlenk doesn't like the options of using the2nds to trade up into the late 1st round and he doesn't want to go the draft and stash route, maybe he offers a rebuilding team the opportunity to suck with Plumlee's expiring contract and includes a 2nd or 2 as an incentive. He would essentially be buying a roster spot and cap space for the team.

The deal could be something like Plumlee + 41 + 44 for a future 2nd from a rebuilding team. Is that too much? I don't know but I like the concept.

Another thought I had would be to offer TP + 35 to SA for 19. You'd have to think TP would be better for SA than anything they would get at 19 but for the Hawks, it would give them another young player on the same timeline as the core. Maybe they use that pick to add Bruno or Ty Jerome? SA would still have the 29 pick as well.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#90 » by jayu70 » Wed May 22, 2019 4:59 pm

REHawksFan wrote:
fuzzy1 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Was actually thinking along the same lines. IF Schlenk doesn't like the options of using the2nds to trade up into the late 1st round and he doesn't want to go the draft and stash route, maybe he offers a rebuilding team the opportunity to suck with Plumlee's expiring contract and includes a 2nd or 2 as an incentive. He would essentially be buying a roster spot and cap space for the team.

The deal could be something like Plumlee + 41 + 44 for a future 2nd from a rebuilding team. Is that too much? I don't know but I like the concept.

Another thought I had would be to offer TP + 35 to SA for 19. You'd have to think TP would be better for SA than anything they would get at 19 but for the Hawks, it would give them another young player on the same timeline as the core. Maybe they use that pick to add Bruno or Ty Jerome? SA would still have the 29 pick as well.

If we are dumping him to a team for pure capspace and nothing coming back to us except a fake 2nd and unless we are really using the capspace on a player or to take on salaries for better picks, I'd just keep him and use the 2nd on a draft and stash, or trade the 2nd for a future 2nd.
Cash Considerations is also always in play :D
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 979

Post#91 » by Geaux_Hawks » Wed May 22, 2019 5:58 pm

14 Kevin Porter Jr. - SG
22. Luka Samanic - PF
35 Jontay Porter - C

I wouldn't mind this draft at all. We get our big fish. Take a shot on KPJ. Gain a decent euro stash with upside. Jontay Porter has always been interesting to me. Anything else is just gravy on top.
fuzzy1
Senior
And1: 293

Post#92 » by fuzzy1 » Wed May 22, 2019 7:20 pm

The more I watch the more I like of the 2 euros. That Goga kid can ball, not an awful fit next to Collins either.

King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#93 » by King Ken » Sun Jul 14, 2019 6:40 am

King Ken wrote:1. Cam Reddish
2. DeAndre Hunter
3. A center. Whoever they like the most. Could be Fernando, Hayes or Bol

8-) 8-) 8-)

Return to Atlanta Hawks