ImageImage

Am I the only one that thinks Prince is better than Reddish?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

REHawksFan
Sophomore
And1: 217

Re: Am I the only one that thinks Prince is better than Reddish? 

Post#81 » by REHawksFan » Tue May 21, 2019 2:27 pm

gundysmullet wrote:
REHawksFan wrote:There's an awful lot of folks digging their heels in on Bradley Beal, trying to take an extreme position to won an argument. Bradley Beal is a very good player. It's ok to admit that and still not want to trade Huerter. I would bet just about anything that Pierce and Schlenk would love Beal on this roster. Doesn't mean they want to or are willing to trade Huerter or the picks for him.

Further, since when does making an allstar team get diminished just because the rest of your team is decimated by injury and sucks?

Excellent, well reasoned and thought out a post.

To be clear, I wouldn't do the trade you proposed originally because I dont want to trade away Huerter and also wouldn't give up both picks. I'm just tired of seeing people try to claim Beal isnt a very good player just because they dont want to trade Huerter. You can hold both opinions. Beal IS very good AND I value Huerter on the Hawks.
peoriabird
Pro Prospect
And1: 467

Post#82 » by peoriabird » Tue May 21, 2019 2:30 pm

REHawksFan wrote:
Further, since when does making an allstar team get diminished just because the rest of your team is decimated by injury and sucks?

Because Carmello knew while making all of those all star teams, he contributed to his team's lack of success...So did Stephon Marbury
EazyRoc
Senior
And1: 389

Post#83 » by EazyRoc » Tue May 21, 2019 2:57 pm

peoriabird wrote:
EazyRoc wrote:
peoriabird wrote:He is also a bad team All Star

More accurately he was chosen by professional NBA coaches to be on the All Star team despite the fact that the team around him isn’t good or winning.

Bradley Beal is legit.
so was Jeff Teague with Hawks

What’s your point ?
EazyRoc
Senior

Post#84 » by EazyRoc » Tue May 21, 2019 2:58 pm

peoriabird wrote:
REHawksFan wrote:

Because Carmello knew while making all of those all star teams, he contributed to his team's lack of success...So did Stephon Marbury

Another over simplified and ridiculous argument.

Carmelo had a ton of success in Denver. Only so many people get to go to or even win the Finals. Poor and lazy argument.
EazyRoc
Senior

Post#85 » by EazyRoc » Tue May 21, 2019 3:03 pm

FWIW, Carmelo led the Nuggets to the playoffs every season he was there and made it to the conference finals before getting knocked off by a very good Lakers team (IIRC). Let’s not pretend his career is a dumpster fire because went to a trash ass Knicks organization.
gundysmullet
Rookie
And1: 644

Post#86 » by gundysmullet » Tue May 21, 2019 3:10 pm

peoriabird wrote:
EazyRoc wrote:
peoriabird wrote:He is also a bad team All Star

More accurately he was chosen by professional NBA coaches to be on the All Star team despite the fact that the team around him isn’t good or winning.

Bradley Beal is legit.

Your hate for Bradley Beal is bordering on the absurd. He is literally a top five shooting guard in the league. Because he was at all star reserve and Jeff Teague was an all star reserve somehow that means that Bradley Beal is not legit?
peoriabird
Pro Prospect

Post#87 » by peoriabird » Tue May 21, 2019 3:12 pm

EazyRoc wrote:FWIW, Carmelo led the Nuggets to the playoffs every season he was there and made it to the conference finals before getting knocked off by a very good Lakers team (IIRC). Let’s not pretend his career is a dumpster fire because went to a trash ass Knicks organization.

Ok...Kevin love, Devin Booker, Chris Bosh, KP and yes...I consider Kyrie Irving a bad team all star
gundysmullet
Rookie

Post#88 » by gundysmullet » Tue May 21, 2019 3:13 pm

REHawksFan wrote:
gundysmullet wrote:
REHawksFan wrote:There's an awful lot of folks digging their heels in on Bradley Beal, trying to take an extreme position to won an argument. Bradley Beal is a very good player. It's ok to admit that and still not want to trade Huerter. I would bet just about anything that Pierce and Schlenk would love Beal on this roster. Doesn't mean they want to or are willing to trade Huerter or the picks for him.

Excellent, well reasoned and thought out a post.

To be clear, I wouldn't do the trade you proposed originally because I dont want to trade away Huerter and also wouldn't give up both picks. I'm just tired of seeing people try to claim Beal isnt a very good player just because they dont want to trade Huerter. You can hold both opinions. Beal IS very good AND I value Huerter on the Hawks.

Oh I know, and I respect that. Unlike posters that just post Memes and GIFs or make absurd non sequitur comparisons, you gave your reasons why. I happen to disagree because I think there is a very good chance that a top-five shooting guard who would be an ideal match with Trae Young is available and I don’t think you have to give up everything to get him but I have no problem with disagreement, I’ve been married for 16 years. LOL
gundysmullet
Rookie

Post#89 » by gundysmullet » Tue May 21, 2019 3:13 pm

EazyRoc wrote:
peoriabird wrote:
EazyRoc wrote:More accurately he was chosen by professional NBA coaches to be on the All Star team despite the fact that the team around him isn’t good or winning.

Bradley Beal is legit.

What’s your point ?

There is none. Did you know that Jeffrey Dahmer ate frosted flakes for breakfast? So does Bradley Beal.
gundysmullet
Rookie

Post#90 » by gundysmullet » Tue May 21, 2019 3:15 pm

peoriabird wrote:
REHawksFan wrote:

Have ever heard of the phrase “correlation does not equal causation”?
gundysmullet
Rookie

Post#91 » by gundysmullet » Tue May 21, 2019 3:17 pm

peoriabird wrote:
EazyRoc wrote:FWIW, Carmelo led the Nuggets to the playoffs every season he was there and made it to the conference finals before getting knocked off by a very good Lakers team (IIRC). Let’s not pretend his career is a dumpster fire because went to a trash ass Knicks organization.

Ok...Kevin love, Devin Booker, Chris Bosh, KP and yes...I consider Kyrie Irving a bad team all star

So you must want the All-Star game format to be revamped to include only players from winning teams? I mean, that seems to be what you’re advocating since you appear to invalidate any all star that played on a bad team.
peoriabird
Pro Prospect

Post#92 » by peoriabird » Tue May 21, 2019 3:32 pm

gundysmullet wrote:
peoriabird wrote:

So you must want the All-Star game format to be revamped to include only players from winning teams? I mean, that seems to be what you’re advocating since you appear to invalidate any all star that played on a bad team.
I could care less about an all star game...I just don't want bad team all stars on my favorite team
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#93 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Tue May 21, 2019 3:46 pm

gundysmullet wrote:
_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:
gundysmullet wrote:I would not call the number 8 and number 10 draft picks in one of the worst drafts in a decade “major assets”. Plus how does a 26-year-old Bradley Beal put the Hawks on the treadmill? You’re acting like he’s 35, he’s 25 about to be 26. And he is a top-five shooting guard in the league.

I'm just not a big fan of Beal.

But I'm just a bigger non-fan of clogging up the spreadsheet before OS 2021.

And I'm an inordinately non-fan of doing that, but also giving up assets in the process.

Just out of curiosity why are you not a fan of Beal? I posted his numbers several time in this thread and they were literally outstanding. He’s only 25, about to be 26 and pairing him up with Trae young would create a top-five dynamic backcourt in the NBA and his game fits perfectly with Traes.

It's a legitimate question, especially if you knew that earlier in the OS, I was envisioning some reason to pursue Khris Middleton. I think they're similar players generally speaking except one is a normal-sized SF, and the other is, in today's NBA, a slightly-smaller SG... and Middleton's defense is fairly highly-regarded, while Beal's, insofar as I'm aware, is not especially well-regarded. Compensating for that somewhat is the fact that I think Beal is probably the more explosive guy, and able to put a game on his shoulders and win it largely on his own.

So, I personally was on-record willing to pay an almost-but-not-quite max for Middleton because I think he is capable of being a key secondary piece for us much like he is for MIL, stabilizing and reducing some uncertainty at that position given the flux of Prince's situation.

I backed off of wanting Middleton once I came to see the bigger picture, and given that I can't imagine Middleton will be interested in a 2 year contract from us given the other options he's likely to have.

So, I'd mostly say the same here... don't get me wrong, I respect Beal's game, but unlike you, I don't consider him one of the five best SGs in the league... I'd be happy to have him or Middelton if either would sign a 2-year deal... if both were UFAs and both wanted to come to ATL, it would be an interesting choice to try to make.

It's not a hard choice to make, short of that.

If you could somehow pull a lever and make Beal's defensive ability become more like Middleton's, then I'd likely be won over.
EazyRoc
Senior

Post#94 » by EazyRoc » Tue May 21, 2019 3:51 pm

peoriabird wrote:

Both Bosh and Irving have been key contributors to championship winning teams.

You’re clowning yourself right now..
peoriabird
Pro Prospect

Post#95 » by peoriabird » Tue May 21, 2019 3:55 pm

EazyRoc wrote:
peoriabird wrote:

Both Bosh and Irving have been key contributors to championship winning teams.

You’re clowning yourself right now..

So was Robert Horry but does that make him an all star?
peoriabird
Pro Prospect

Post#96 » by peoriabird » Tue May 21, 2019 3:55 pm

What about the Jet? He an all star?
peoriabird
Pro Prospect

Post#97 » by peoriabird » Tue May 21, 2019 3:59 pm

Steve Kerr? All star?
peoriabird
Pro Prospect

Post#98 » by peoriabird » Tue May 21, 2019 4:02 pm

And by the way, Boston is a better team without Irving....Even went to the conference finals without him last year
peoriabird
Pro Prospect

Post#99 » by peoriabird » Tue May 21, 2019 4:02 pm

And by the way, Boston is a better team without Irving....Even went to the conference finals without him last year
gundysmullet
Rookie

Post#100 » by gundysmullet » Tue May 21, 2019 4:09 pm

peoriabird wrote:
gundysmullet wrote:
peoriabird wrote:Ok...Kevin love, Devin Booker, Chris Bosh, KP and yes...I consider Kyrie Irving a bad team all star

I could care less about an all star game...I just don't want bad team all stars on my favorite team

Yout posts are getting more and more absurd. So, only players that play for teams with winning records are good players? No good players can play on bad teams? I mean if you took a step back and looked at what you were saying objectively, surely you'd see the lack of logic in it, no?

Return to Atlanta Hawks