Full Offseason Predictions

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

azuresou1
Head Coach
And1: 1,072

Full Offseason Predictions 

Post#1 » by azuresou1 » Thu May 30, 2019 2:22 pm

Putting on my GM hat, this is what I'd largely expect Schlenk to do:

* We draft one wing and one center, with one being a high-risk, high-reward type of player (Reddish, Little, Hayes, Bol, Doumbouya) and the other being a 'safe' high floor player (Hunter, Hachimura, Jontay Porter)

* We shop Taurean but won't move him unless we get a decent-quality 2020 1st OR a younger prospect from a playoff team looking to consolidate. Some good targets would be Zhaire Smith, OG Anunoby + a 2nd, Lonnie Walker or Jakob Poetl, maybe Josh Okogie + a future 1st

* We don't sign any major FAs because KD goes to the Knicks and we recognize (rightly) that we have a lot more internal development to do before tooling up with mid-tier FAs

* We end up resigning Dedmon to a 2-3 year in the range of $9MM annually, with some sort of option for year 3 (depending on what the market looks like - I think he will be a later signing and we will get a team option)

* Old man Vince resigns for another year, along with Poythress and Deyonta Davis

* We absorb at least one bad short term contract in exchange for picks. OKC and Miami would be prime targets, I'd look to take Roberson and/or Whiteside

What do you think about my predictions? How would you feel about such an offseason?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Re: Full Offseason Predictions 

Post#2 » by Jamaaliver » Thu May 30, 2019 3:10 pm

^Those are worthy and reasonable guesses.

I gotta be honest, as much as I love to speculate...I honestly have no idea what's coming.

We have so many viable options. And that's great!

Kevin Looney seems like someone we'll pursue this summer...that's all I got.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#3 » by King Ken » Thu May 30, 2019 3:34 pm

We will draft wangz with 8 and 10

Prince will be moved for a difference maker

We will move into the 1st round

Summer League will be fun to watch again
azuresou1
Head Coach

Post#4 » by azuresou1 » Thu May 30, 2019 4:15 pm

@Jamaal - I like Looney as a backup guy but I see him as strictly worse than Dedmon in pretty much all facets. Wouldn't spend more than $4-5MM on him

@Ken - who do you consider a 'difference maker?'
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#5 » by King Ken » Thu May 30, 2019 5:15 pm

azuresou1 wrote:@Jamaal - I like Looney as a backup guy but I see him as strictly worse than Dedmon in pretty much all facets. Wouldn't spend more than $4-5MM on him

@Ken - who do you consider a 'difference maker?'

A good player with winning experience
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#6 » by Spud2nique » Thu May 30, 2019 5:20 pm

Looney is a scrub. I’d rather draft a second rounder. Every scrub is overrated due to the system. I don’t want any..ever lol.
tomaHAWKslam
Bench Warmer
And1: 124

Post#7 » by tomaHAWKslam » Thu May 30, 2019 6:30 pm

I think Brogdon will flirt with us to try and get a huge offer sheet for Milwaukee to quickly match.
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,422

Post#8 » by graymule » Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:06 pm

:nod:

Reddish and Hunter drafted. Got that. VC resigned. Got that.
Good guesswork!

Mid pre season - - Looking terrible. Two more games, then they count..

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:D
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#9 » by jayu70 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:18 pm

azuresou1 wrote:Putting on my GM hat, this is what I'd largely expect Schlenk to do:

* We draft one wing and one center, with one being a high-risk, high-reward type of player (Reddish, Little, Hayes, Bol, Doumbouya) and the other being a 'safe' high floor player (Hunter, Hachimura, Jontay Porter)

* We shop Taurean but won't move him unless we get a decent-quality 2020 1st OR a younger prospect from a playoff team looking to consolidate. Some good targets would be Zhaire Smith, OG Anunoby + a 2nd, Lonnie Walker or Jakob Poetl, maybe Josh Okogie + a future 1st

* We don't sign any major FAs because KD goes to the Knicks and we recognize (rightly) that we have a lot more internal development to do before tooling up with mid-tier FAs

* We end up resigning Dedmon to a 2-3 year in the range of $9MM annually, with some sort of option for year 3 (depending on what the market looks like - I think he will be a later signing and we will get a team option)

* Old man Vince resigns for another year, along with Poythress and Deyonta Davis

* We absorb at least one bad short term contract in exchange for picks. OKC and Miami would be prime targets, I'd look to take Roberson and/or Whiteside

What do you think about my predictions? How would you feel about such an offseason?

This was pretty close.
azuresou1
Head Coach

Post#10 » by azuresou1 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:34 am

I'm a man of many talents

Return to Atlanta Hawks