ImageImage

Hawks rumored to be shopping their lottery pick(s)?

Moderators: HMFFL, dms269, Jamaaliver

Predictions on what Hawks will do with their multiple top-10 picks?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:46 pm

Keep both picks
40%
Trade for future assets
14%
Trade for an established veteran
9%
Consolidate to move up in the draft
37%

Total votes: 43

ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Re: Hawks rumored to be shopping their lottery pick(s)? 

Post#221 » by ATL Boy » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:37 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Maybe we can throw in the Cavs' own pick back (top 10 protected so I doubt we'll even see it as anything more than two seconds), but that's the most I'm willing to give. I'm glad we don't seem to be willing to give the 8th in this deal. If White and Garland go before our pick (which is looking very likely) then we'll get one of Hunter, Reddish, or Culver anyway at 8.

Of course, if Culver is legitimately Schlenk's guy, then you give what's necessary to get him, whether I like it or not.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,966

Post#222 » by jayu70 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:05 am

ATL Boy wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Maybe we can throw in the Cavs' own pick back (top 10 protected so I doubt we'll even see it as anything more than two seconds), but that's the most I'm willing to give. I'm glad we don't seem to be willing to give the 8th in this deal. If White and Garland go before our pick (which is looking very likely) then we'll get one of Hunter, Reddish, or Culver anyway at 8.

Of course, if Culver is legitimately Schlenk's guy, then you give what's necessary to get him, whether I like it or not.

Rumor (from a guy who knows a guy): #5 for #17, Cavs 2020 1st returned a 2nd or two and Hawks also take on Dellavadova's $9.6 million
ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Post#223 » by ATL Boy » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:48 am

jayu70 wrote:
ATL Boy wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Rumor (from a guy who knows a guy): #5 for #17, Cavs 2020 1st returned a 2nd or two and Hawks also take on Dellavadova's $9.6 million

Would be an even better trade for us. Delly can slot in as the backup PG, and we'd end up with 5,8, and 10. We could potentially get Culver, Reddish, and Hayes.
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#224 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:34 pm

Always possible that in the end Schlenk makes no deal at all for lack of finding any deals he considers fair.

There's a Culver kind of player in pretty much every draft every year. Same for Hunter. When you're drafting this high, and we won't likely be drafting this high for a long while after this, you have to give extra weight to the unique talents, imo.

There's still nothing up at #4 or #5 that I want to pay extra to go up and get.

If Reddish is gone at #8, and maybe even if he's not, I'd like to think Schlenk is taking seriously offers he'll be getting for 2020 1st round picks.
Ball4life32
Analyst
And1: 2,476

Post#225 » by Ball4life32 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:02 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,574

Post#226 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:36 pm

Read on Twitter

I still don't get why LA Lakers would give up all their assets when they're the leading contender to sign Anthony Davis next summer anyway...

It strikes me as making the same mistake the Knicks did when they traded for Carmelo so many years ago. They were left bereft of talent and their star acquisition spent years on a middling EC team.

Anyway, I suspect #10 & #17 would go to Washington along with Brandon Ingram with #4 coming our way...

I...guess that's fair? :dontknow:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#227 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:09 pm

Hawks poised to be active again on draft night

With six out of the top 44 picks, it should be an eventful evening, to say the least

With the Atlanta Hawks bevy of picks in the 2019 NBA Draft recently growing even larger, speculation is mounting that the club will be on the move again this year come draft night. On Friday morning, general manager Travis Schlenk all but confirmed that moves would be made over the next six days.

“It’s no secret with our three second-round picks we’re going to try to package them and move up if we can,” Schlenk said. “What we don’t want to do, or what we’ll try to avoid is selling them.”

Schlenk has been open about his desire to consolidate their draft picks throughout the pre-draft process, as the team does not want to add six rookies to the roster. The Hawks are still in asset acquisition mode, as Schlenk has said throughout this process and shown with the recently-agreed trade with the Brooklyn Nets. The assets they’ve acquired for this year’s draft put them in the awkward position of having too many assets, but there are going to be teams who are interested in swapping picks as the draft approaches, either to move down out of the first round or jump into the fray altogether if they don’t have their own picks to use.
Peachtree Hoops
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#228 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:02 am

Read on Twitter

Sent from my RC555L using RealGM mobile app
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran

Post#229 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:28 am

This umemployed NBA follower is "hearing" it probably because we've all heard it already...

Read on Twitter
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,652

Post#230 » by kg01 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:37 am

_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:This umemployed NBA follower is "hearing" it probably because we've all heard it already...

Read on Twitter

Sheesh you are such a meany. Isn't he with the athletic?

Either way, so mean.

On topic, I'm starting to think our reported interest in 4 is being overblown by NOP to drum up interest. Anyone we covet at 4 could very likely be there at 8.
king01 :king:
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran

Post#231 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:14 am

His Twitter account suggests he does some free lance writing.

Mean? Me??? Don't you know who I am???

:D

It just gets silly how these things keep getting repeated as-if new information or as-if information is getting reported from multiple sources... it's just desperate people wanting to seem important, and getting away with it because they know some people aren't all that discerning... it's offensive, it really is.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#232 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:29 am

...it's just desperate people wanting to seem important... it's offensive, it really is.

kg01
General Manager

Post#233 » by kg01 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:39 am

_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:His Twitter account suggests he does some free lance writing.

Mean? Me??? Don't you know who I am???

:D

It just gets silly how these things keep getting repeated as-if new information or as-if information is getting reported from multiple sources... it's just desperate people wanting to seem important, and getting away with it because they know some people aren't all that discerning... it's offensive, it really is.

Well *ahem* Tenderheart(?), not that I'm coming to the dude's defense but I have seen some good content from him lately. I think you have a great point, just picked the wrong springboard to leap off of.

I too am sick and tired of the non-news, rumors and conjecture all these attention-seekers keep putting out. It's the same problem. Too many outlets. Gotta give out content which means, in most cases, these dudes gotta streeeeetch to make something seem like "news" when it's clearly not.

It's like I said, folks see that we have 3 picks so ... of course we want to do the 2k thing and combine them to move up 'cause of course that's what you do. Oh look, NOP wants to trade 4. Well of course that means the Hawks are interested. Lemme just gussy it up and say "per my sources" or no, no, I'll say "per a source with understanding of the Hawks' way of thinking" (huh?) ...

It's all silly.
kg01
General Manager

Post#234 » by kg01 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:42 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
...it's just desperate people wanting to seem important... it's offensive, it really is.

You're better than this, @jamalll. Tenderheart Bear and I deserve more amusing gifs. Step yer game up.

Better gif'n or I'm rescinding your invitation to the old country.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#235 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:06 pm

kg01 wrote:...not that I'm coming to the dude's defense but I have seen some good content from him lately. I think you have a great point, just picked the wrong springboard to leap off of.

It's just getting really frustrating listening to guys use the Donald Trump approach to any news item they don't like...

Fake News --> personal attacks on credentialed, esteemed journalists.

"I don't like what they are saying, so I will undermine their very existence/employment unless they starting reporting news that jibes with my personal preferences."

Not every so called journalist is dependable, but if we're checking the Linked-In page and alma mater of a Sports Illustrated writer because he linked us to a prospect we don't personally like...

<sigh>

It's a problem.

It feels like desperate people...wanting to seem important. And tearing down other established insiders to do so.
kg01
General Manager

Post#236 » by kg01 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:14 pm

Ah, dang it. I forgot you two have a little beef wellington going on. Roast beef, maybe?

Don't be using me to low-key snipe at each other.

You have a good point too, btw. It's why I refuse to use the f*** news phrase. Attacking the messenger, not the message kind of a thing. I don't know that that's what stu was doing, but I do hate it when people take that path.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#237 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:24 pm

A potential trade idea from New Orleans Fansided writers:

Pelicans Rumors: Should the team trade down with the Hawks?

The Hawks enter this year’s draft with three first-round selections, could the Pels acquire one and trade down?

...with all this draft capital could [Atlanta] emerge as favorites to land the New Orleans Pelicans’ 4th overall selection?

But why would the Pelicans look to trade down for assets when they literally have a shipload full of them at the moment. Well, that’s a very good point, but could the Hawks add in someone like Kevin Huerter to sweeten the package? Huerter is more than just a three-point shooter, he’s got good playmaking abilities and athleticism. The Hawks actually may not want to part ways with the 20-year-old. Or they could look at the potential of pairing a Trae Young with a Jarrett Culver and use Huerter as a sacrificial lamb. The NBA really is unforgiving.

Again, the Hawks may not have the star power you would look for in a trade of this magnitude. Or could there be a chance the Hawks are willing to take on Solomon Hill’s egregious contract and trade a combination of their first-round picks for the 4th overall selecton? That move would free up significant cap space for the Pelicans and allow for future moves to be made with more draft capital. Again, a good amount of substance here.
peoriabird
Pro Prospect
And1: 467

Post#238 » by peoriabird » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:50 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:A potential trade idea from New Orleans Fansided writers:

The Hawks enter this year’s draft with three first-round selections, could the Pels acquire one and trade down?

...with all this draft capital could [Atlanta] emerge as favorites to land the New Orleans Pelicans’ 4th overall selection?

But why would the Pelicans look to trade down for assets when they literally have a shipload full of them at the moment. Well, that’s a very good point, but could the Hawks add in someone like Kevin Huerter to sweeten the package? Huerter is more than just a three-point shooter, he’s got good playmaking abilities and athleticism. The Hawks actually may not want to part ways with the 20-year-old. Or they could look at the potential of pairing a Trae Young with a Jarrett Culver and use Huerter as a sacrificial lamb. The NBA really is unforgiving.

Again, the Hawks may not have the star power you would look for in a trade of this magnitude. Or could there be a chance the Hawks are willing to take on Solomon Hill’s egregious contract and trade a combination of their first-round picks for the 4th overall selecton? That move would free up significant cap space for the Pelicans and allow for future moves to be made with more draft capital. Again, a good amount of substance here.

Ok I'll say it! Fake News!!!!
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#239 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:00 pm

peoriabird wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:A potential trade idea from New Orleans Fansided writers:

Ok I'll say it! Fake News!!!!

Understood. And this is just a fan site. But it is interesting to hear these guys describe what they (or their front office) might be looking for in a trade for #4.

I've long feared that Huerter would be a coveted trade piece in any aggressive move going forward.
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran

Post#240 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:13 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

Wait.

You thought that was about you?

Return to Atlanta Hawks