Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,913

Re: The Athletic: EXCEPTIONAL "roundtable" Hawks article 

Post#21 » by jayu70 » Fri May 31, 2019 11:01 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:"I ran a Steph Curry Under Armour camp, and he didn't play. He just hung out for four days and sat out with a minor injury. After 10 minutes working out in Phoenix last week, he "tweaked" something."

He sat out an NCAA game with something minor as well. The guy has no dog in him.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Minor issue, probably more so than Romeo's thumb issue. He had late March to get taken care of but waits till June to do so... Now we can't see how he workouts until way after the draft :lol:

That makes even less sense.
His camp probably thought he'd recover without surgery.
I think he would want to avoid surgery and have it affect his draft position.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,429

Post#22 » by CP War Hawks » Sat Jun 1, 2019 12:05 am

_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:Minor issue, probably more so than Romeo's thumb issue. He had late March to get taken care of but waits till June to do so... Now we can't see how he workouts until way after the draft :lol:

Does this solidify the likelihood that he's there at #8 for us?

I'd bet money he's there at either spot. Injury issues, questions about his drive and mental make up. I'd like to see the dude fully healthy but in Travis we must trust.
EazyRoc
Senior
And1: 389

Post#23 » by EazyRoc » Sat Jun 1, 2019 12:08 am

Reddish just takes too much hope to believe he’ll ever be anything more than a role player.

I don’t want anyone that makes me question their work ethic.

There’s too many productive and skilled prospects in the draft to gamble on slim hope. If we are going to gamble, I’d rather gamble on Nas.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,429

Post#24 » by CP War Hawks » Sat Jun 1, 2019 12:21 am

This has all the makings of Duck supporters vs. his naysayers from back in the day. The monotony of what's to come from those 'debates'. Hopefully Travis had him do a workout and got the proper intel.
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#25 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Sat Jun 1, 2019 2:26 pm

Personality wise, Reddish reminds me of Leonard.

I like Leonard's personality. I think that's one of his least appreciated assets... of course, because it's such an intangible.

The question is whether he has the kind of hunger that Leonard has, though. It's a valid question, and one that gave me pause immediately after the tournament enough to say I was off the Reddish train.

I'm back on it mostly as a matter of default... I don't see a better option at #8 if we have no good alternative but to stand in and make a pick there.
gundysmullet
Rookie
And1: 644

Post#26 » by gundysmullet » Sat Jun 1, 2019 6:06 pm

_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:Personality wise, Reddish reminds me of Leonard.

I like Leonard's personality. I think that's one of his least appreciated assets... of course, because it's such an intangible.

The question is whether he has the kind of hunger that Leonard has, though. It's a valid question, and one that gave me pause immediately after the tournament enough to say I was off the Reddish train.

I'm back on it mostly as a matter of default... I don't see a better option at #8 if we have no good alternative but to stand in and make a pick there.

WHAT????

KL is a quiet assassin. Reddish is more often than not a disinterested spectator.
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#27 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Sat Jun 1, 2019 6:10 pm

Oh. You found the thread. Good for you, mullet.

And you seem to be discussing talent and hunger on the court.

If that's what you took from my comment on "personality," maybe you should read again.
saloonyk8
Rookie
And1: 130

Post#28 » by saloonyk8 » Sat Jun 1, 2019 6:21 pm

I think Harrison Barnes and Marvin Williams would've been good picks at#8. The issue was Marvin at 2. Marvin was a serviceable player just not an All Star
Commit to the process
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,025

Post#29 » by tbhawksfan1 » Sat Jun 1, 2019 7:07 pm

saloonyk8 wrote:I think Harrison Barnes and Marvin Williams would've been good picks at#8. The issue was Marvin at 2. Marvin was a serviceable player just not an All Star

I wouldn't want MW at #8. Besides staying in the league for a while, what has he done and who has he played for?

Return to Atlanta Hawks