ImageImage

Let's play the "Survivor" version of Hawks 2019 NBA Draft

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Which one do you vote off for Wednesday, 6/5?

Poll ended at Fri Jun 7, 2019 5:43 pm

Culver
No votes
Doumbouya
No votes
Hachimura
17%
Hayes
17%
Hunter
No votes
Reddish
8%
White
58%

Total votes: 12

REHawksFan
Sophomore
And1: 217

Re: Let's play the "Survivor" version of Hawks 2019 NBA Draft 

Post#21 » by REHawksFan » Tue Jun 4, 2019 1:34 pm

Surprised Little isn't on the list given he's been mocked to the Hawks a few different places.
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#22 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Tue Jun 4, 2019 3:46 pm

LeftHandThriller
Junior
And1: 188

Post#24 » by LeftHandThriller » Tue Jun 4, 2019 6:35 pm

REHawksFan wrote:Surprised Little isn't on the list given he's been mocked to the Hawks a few different places.

I’m not a fan of using a lotto pick to draft a North Carolina forward who wasn’t even a starter .

Didn’t we learn our lesson last time?
REHawksFan
Sophomore
And1: 217

Post#25 » by REHawksFan » Tue Jun 4, 2019 6:38 pm

LeftHandThriller wrote:
REHawksFan wrote:Surprised Little isn't on the list given he's been mocked to the Hawks a few different places.

I’m not a fan of using a lotto pick to draft a North Carolina forward who wasn’t even a starter .

No doubt. I wanted to vote him off the island. Heard some talk about him though recently so I'm worried that he may be a legit option for the Hawks at 10. I'm on record as saying Little and Hayes are the 2 players that I just really don't want the Hawks to draft.
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#26 » by Radioblacktive1 » Tue Jun 4, 2019 7:22 pm

REHawksFan wrote:
LeftHandThriller wrote:

No doubt. I wanted to vote him off the island. Heard some talk about him though recently so I'm worried that he may be a legit option for the Hawks at 10. I'm on record as saying Little and Hayes are the 2 players that I just really don't want the Hawks to draft.

Hate to say it but I’ve soured on Hayes as well. He’s really just length. I understand not rushing the rebuild but there are enough centers in the draft who already do decently what we would be developing Hayes to do in my opinion. No point in slowing the rebuild down that much.

As for Little, I initially was sour on him but now I’m at the point where I wouldn’t be TOO mad getting him if the guys I really want are already gone. Langford and Bol are absolutely no’s for me.
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran

Post#27 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Wed Jun 5, 2019 4:16 am

Bol Bol gone gone.
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 979

Post#28 » by Geaux_Hawks » Wed Jun 5, 2019 5:26 am

Radioblacktive1 wrote:
REHawksFan wrote:
LeftHandThriller wrote:

Hate to say it but I’ve soured on Hayes as well. He’s really just length. I understand not rushing the rebuild but there are enough centers in the draft who already do decently what we would be developing Hayes to do in my opinion. No point in slowing the rebuild down that much.

As for Little, I initially was sour on him but now I’m at the point where I wouldn’t be TOO mad getting him if the guys I really want are already gone. Langford and Bol are absolutely no’s for me.

I wouldn't sour on Hayes too soon. He may seem like he is all length, but he's really still learning his new body. At Texas, they don't initiate the offense through the bigs at all. If they did, Hayes could have shown his ability as a passer and handle on the ball for a big man of his size. Something else Texas/Shaka do is use the big man as a lob target more than anything. This doesn't allow you to see what Hayes can really do on offense, as he is either standing on the baseline waiting for a pass or rolling hard to the basket off P&R action. He's got great body control too. He doesn't always have to dunk the ball. He can finish in different ways. Great potential as a shooter also with his FT % being about 75% and the form on his shot looking good as well. As a an 18 year old kid, he showed a lot early on. Shaka even admits that he was expecting Hayes to stay longer when he first got to Texas and didn't want to overload him early on. Over the season, Shaka knew he wouldn't have Hayes beyond this season.
LeftHandThriller
Junior

Post#29 » by LeftHandThriller » Thu Jun 6, 2019 3:35 pm

Only 6 votes? ☹️ . Maybe we need a poll at the other place as well..
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran

Post#30 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Thu Jun 6, 2019 4:24 pm

Yeah, I'm underwhelmed as well, lefthand... in my best Emily Litela voice... "never mind"... not worth keeping up with.

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#31 » by jayu70 » Thu Jun 6, 2019 5:02 pm

I went with the crowd and voted White :)
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,962

Post#32 » by shakes0 » Thu Jun 6, 2019 6:14 pm

I've been voting for White ever since this started, no reason to change that up now.
LeftHandThriller
Junior

Post#33 » by LeftHandThriller » Sat Jun 8, 2019 5:21 pm

Well, White is gone. Who’s next ?

Return to Atlanta Hawks