Hawks trade Prince to the Nets

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,921

Re: Hawks trade Prince to the Nets 

Post#101 » by jayu70 » Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:25 pm

Where is Allen Crabbe?
He hasn't had an intro presser/meet the local media/local interview or even a Tweet saying he's in the A.

Jabari, Damion, Evan, Parsons all had theirs.

What's up with that? Or did I just miss it?
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#102 » by Prokorov » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:15 am

peoriabird wrote:
_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:
peoriabird wrote:The nets aren't signing Durant or Leanard so let's get that out of the way now...the rest of the free agents just don't move the needle

That's much better.

My turn.

Merely signing Kyrie and retaining what they have will get them in the 2020 playoffs, imo.
I'm not as high on Irving as many are...Just look at his cleveland days without Lebron...didnt move the needle for them and didn't move the needle for Boston. Plus you are taking away Russel if you sign Irving unless you think they could play together. In my opinion, that would be a disastrous back court!

"kyrie's days before lebron" were when he was 19 years old to 21 years old playing with superstars such as alonzo Gee, antwan jamison, and dion waiters.

"He didnt move the needle for boston" is kind of a misnomer. they won 55 games his first year. 49 his second. he was out year 1 in the playoffs. year 2 he led them past indy in round 1. they lost to the easts #1 seed in round 2. there is no shame in that.

every version of kyrie is better then russell... even a pouty/disgruntled kyrie. he doest everything russell does, only with elite shooting

Nets should be improved. they really strengthened their big weakness... no size up front. Jordan off the bench can help when we are getting killed inside on the boards. we also saw a HUGE drop off offensively in the pick and roll when Allen say because Davis isnt a threat as a role man. jordan is.

alot of young guys improved last year, should expect more of the same under kenny
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,486

Post#103 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:15 pm

Trae Young: My ex-teammate Prince will bring a lot to Nets

The Nets traded for Hawks forward Taurean Prince before the draft, and Young gushed over his former teammate and what he’ll bring to Brooklyn as a potential starter.

“He can bring a lot,” Young said of Prince, who averaged 13.5 points last season on 39 percent shooting from 3-point range. “Taurean is a tremendous player. He brings a lot of skill on the court with his ability to shoot and pass. He’s very smart. I think that goes very underrated. He knows how to make plays and when to make plays.”

“As far as off the court, [Prince] was very helpful for me,” Young said. “I know Brooklyn doesn’t have a lot of young guys, but off the court, he’s a guy that’s not going to be in trouble and going to be low key. As far as a teammate, he’s a good person and a good player to be around. I think Taurean is going to have a great season in Brooklyn.”
NY Post
hawks_fan25
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#104 » by hawks_fan25 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:39 pm

Seriously, though... where is Allen Crabbe? No press releases or intros or anything from the team. He’s a guy who I thought might push us into the playoffs with a strong year, so I wouldn’t be upset if we did cut him. I’m assuming we’re still looking for the best deal to try to unload him and when we can’t find one we’ll just eat the salary and let him go.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,921

Post#105 » by jayu70 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:51 pm

hawks_fan25 wrote:Seriously, though... where is Allen Crabbe? No press releases or intros or anything from the team. He’s a guy who I thought might push us into the playoffs with a strong year, so I wouldn’t be upset if we did cut him. I’m assuming we’re still looking for the best deal to try to unload him and when we can’t find one we’ll just eat the salary and let him go.

Really? Allen Crabbe??? He won't be the difference between making the playoffs or not. He may hit some timely 3s but that's it.
hawks_fan25
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#106 » by hawks_fan25 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:47 am

jayu70 wrote:
hawks_fan25 wrote:Seriously, though... where is Allen Crabbe? No press releases or intros or anything from the team. He’s a guy who I thought might push us into the playoffs with a strong year, so I wouldn’t be upset if we did cut him. I’m assuming we’re still looking for the best deal to try to unload him and when we can’t find one we’ll just eat the salary and let him go.

Really? Allen Crabbe??? He won't be the difference between making the playoffs or not. He may hit some timely 3s but that's it.

Eh, he can light it up off the bench when he gets hot. I’ve got us as a bubble team and I figured he might win us a couple of games getting hot in the 4th. Two games could be the difference in us being in the playoffs considering I’ve got us around 38 wins.

Like I said, I wouldn’t mind if we let him go though. If he doesn’t want to be here then he can really only be a cancer to the young guys.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#107 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:10 am

Read on Twitter

For the 2020-21 season, Brooklyn has $121 million in salary committed and will likely become a luxury-tax-paying team if it re-signs current players Joe Harris and Taurean Prince.

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Taurean back next summer on a short, sweetheart deal (similar to Jabari's) if Brooklyn allows him to reach Free Agency in 2020.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#108 » by kg01 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 1:08 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

For the 2020-21 season, Brooklyn has $121 million in salary committed and will likely become a luxury-tax-paying team if it re-signs current players Joe Harris and Taurean Prince.

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing Taurean back next summer on a short, sweetheart deal (similar to Jabari's) if Brooklyn allows him to reach Free Agency in 2020.

If we've drafted well, we no longer need Taurean at all.

Also cute how you've been on a 'get rid o' Taurean' campaign for like 2 years. Now you wanna brang him bak.
king01 :king:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#109 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:50 pm

kg01 wrote:Also cute how you've been on a 'get rid o' Taurean' campaign for like 2 years. Now you wanna brang him back.

My issue was that a) he was so much older than Trae and any other teens drafted that he couldn't realistically be a part of our core...specifically because he had a lower ceiling and b) it didn't make sense to extend him a pay increase on a rookie contract extension.

But now that we've traded him, received multiple 1st round picks in the process, and acquired a better fitting core of young, more talented wings to play next to Trae and JC...

I'd be okay giving him the chance to be a role player on a short contract coming off the bench.

Taurean Prince needed to be traded for value so that we wouldn't a) lose him for nothing or b) be forced to overpay to keep him. Those are no longer concerns for us.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#110 » by Spud2nique » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:53 pm

kg01 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

Also cute how you've been on a 'get rid o' Taurean' campaign for like 2 years. Now you wanna brang him bak.

It’s cute how you used cute as it apparently means nothing these days.. lol.

Brad just wants to be right. He keeps trying. Hey Brad I saw your golfing pic, you got a belly going there.

Ya I doubt we need Prince anymore. Let’s not make him our Kev Willis and bring him back for 3 stints.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#111 » by Spud2nique » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:56 pm

kg01 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kg, congrats on being a lead assistant now! I’m still a head coach. Was wondering if you could put in a good word for me here so I can climb in the ranks as well cuz we all know the other country is there today gone tomorrow! Hope not!
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#112 » by Spud2nique » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:01 pm

Turns out head coach is higher than lead ass..

Real GM = 10,00
General Manager = 7,500
Head Coach = 6,000
Lead Assistant = 4,500
Assistant Coach = 3,750
Analyst = 3,000
Veteran = 2,500
Starter = 2,000
Sixth Man = 1,500
Bench Warmer = 1,250
Rookie = 1,000
Pro Prospect = 750
Senior = 500
Junior = 250
Sophomore = 100
Freshman = 50
Ballboy = 0

Lunch is off. Thank you. :lol:
DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,863

Post#113 » by DirtybirdGA » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:29 pm

Nearly 150 posts to finally move, I feel I've been an analyst for 2 years even with more content being posted earlier this year due to the other site closing...I know i'm not talkative but dang... thanks for the breakdown, been meaning to pm the admin. lol
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#114 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:45 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Brad just wants to be right.

:dontknow:

I...guess.

Jamaaliver wrote:Yes...it is.

I know I'm in the minority, but I also thinks it's why we should consider trading TP over the next 11 months. He's still on the upswing, but is unlikely to be featured as a 1st, 2nd or 3rd option by this team in the long run.

He's also on a different timeline as he'll be 25 in about 6 months...while we're still building around 19 and 20 year olds.

He's a good guy, a productive player, and a valuable trade chip. Teams like TOR, MIA, OKC, POR could each use a player like him to balance their rotations.
April 2018

Spoiler:
Jamaaliver wrote:^I do like Taurean. He's a good dude and will be a starter in this league for years.

We're so early in our rebuild. And Taurean as the oldest, least talented member of our core will be up for a contract extension first.

If we have a younger, cheaper, more talented option on the roster (likely drafted next summer) -- it makes little sense to make a huge offer to re-sign him. In summer 2020, another team likely will make a huge offer in his restricted free agency.
Oct 2018

Jamaaliver wrote:
macd-gm wrote:Bud wanting catch and shoot, 3&D guys.

Travis/Pierce want playmakers at every position.

This is part of the reason I think he's likely to be moved eventually. If we get a top-7 pick next summer, we likely draft another play-making wing -- making TP expendable. The fact he wasn't drafted by Travis factors into this as well.
Oct 2018

Jamaaliver wrote:We need to revive his trade value. He is unlikely to be a long term piece here. And the last opportunity to trade him will be 13 months from now (2020 trade deadline).

Get him back, inflate his production, package him in trade next summer.
Dec 2018

Jamaaliver wrote:Travis Schlenk will have a decision to make on Taurean's long term future in the coming months.

Due to age, contract status and low ceiling, I believe it's in the team's best interest to deal him.

Seeing that the team's best lineups don't include him, further reinforces that opinion.
Dec 2018

Jamaaliver wrote:IT'S MAINLY just THE ISSUE of A ticking CLOCK. we CAN offer A ROOKIE CONTRACT EXTENSION extension to him as early as this summer.

If we fail to get one inked, he becomes an attractive young RFA in summer 2020. If we're drafting a younger SF with a higher ceiling anyway, it behooves us to get value.

TL;DR -- it's gonna cost us to keep Taurean. Do you wanna commit long term money to TP knowing he's not the long term solution at SF for this squad?
Dec 2018
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,960

Post#115 » by shakes0 » Mon Aug 26, 2019 6:06 pm

As a fan who only started following the Hawks last season and therefore only has last year as a point of reference I think that Prince sucks and we are lucky to be rid of him. He suffered from the common disease of thinking he is better than he is. Guys like that ruin teams. Big hell no on ever bringing him back.
kg01
General Manager

Post#116 » by kg01 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:41 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Turns out head coach is higher than lead ass..

Real GM = 10,00
General Manager = 7,500
Head Coach = 6,000
Lead Assistant = 4,500
Assistant Coach = 3,750
Analyst = 3,000
Veteran = 2,500
Starter = 2,000
Sixth Man = 1,500
Bench Warmer = 1,250
Rookie = 1,000
Pro Prospect = 750
Senior = 500
Junior = 250
Sophomore = 100
Freshman = 50
Ballboy = 0

Yeah I was like, doesn't spud know HC is higher than lead "ass."?
kg01
General Manager

Post#117 » by kg01 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 12:42 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
kg01 wrote:Also cute how you've been on a 'get rid o' Taurean' campaign for like 2 years. Now you wanna brang him back.

My issue was that a) he was so much older than Trae and any other teens drafted that he couldn't realistically be a part of our core...specifically because he had a lower ceiling and b) it didn't make sense to extend him a pay increase on a rookie contract extension.

But now that we've traded him, received multiple 1st round picks in the process, and acquired a better fitting core of young, more talented wings to play next to Trae and JC...

I'd be okay giving him the chance to be a role player on a short contract coming off the bench.

Taurean Prince needed to be traded for value so that we wouldn't a) lose him for nothing or b) be forced to overpay to keep him. Those are no longer concerns for us.

Yeah but it's kinda pointless to bring him back now. May as well just try another dude.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#118 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:56 pm

kg01 wrote:Yeah but it's kinda pointless to bring him back now. May as well just try another dude.

Meh. I do think it's unlikely Brooklyn is willing to approach the luxury tax to keep Taurean next summer.

If he hits even Free Agency in 2020, I wouldn't be surprised to see a TP/Mike Budenholzer reunion. And in Bud's system, playing next to Giannis...he could be very productive.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#119 » by Spud2nique » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:47 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Turns out head coach is higher than lead ass..

Real GM = 10,00
General Manager = 7,500
Head Coach = 6,000
Lead Assistant = 4,500
Assistant Coach = 3,750
Analyst = 3,000
Veteran = 2,500
Starter = 2,000
Sixth Man = 1,500
Bench Warmer = 1,250
Rookie = 1,000
Pro Prospect = 750
Senior = 500
Junior = 250
Sophomore = 100
Freshman = 50
Ballboy = 0

Yeah I was like, doesn't spud know HC is higher than lead "ass."?

:lol: I had no idea. I don’t pay attention to numbers, just Brad pretending to play golf.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#120 » by Spud2nique » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:48 pm

kg01 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Yeah but it's kinda pointless to bring him back now. May as well just try another dude.

Ron Jeremy uttered the same words on a different set in 1988.

Return to Atlanta Hawks