Post#21 » by jayu70 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:53 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran
And1: 723

Re: 2019 NBA Draft Prep Part 2 

Post#22 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:34 pm

As many lower-tier guys as we've worked out, it sure seems to point to keeping more than one 2nd rounder, no?

Or are we just getting an early jump on signing UDFAs for training camp?
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 979

Post#23 » by Geaux_Hawks » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:15 pm

I actually like Goga, but idk if Schlenk does. Could see him being a big impact player later on down the line.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#24 » by jayu70 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:20 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#25 » by Spud2nique » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:01 am

CCCK (Cam Culver Clarke Kabengele)

Still.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Post#26 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:30 am

Read on Twitter

atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#27 » by atlantabbq99 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:59 am

with 8, 10, and 17, I'm going with Sekou Doumbouya, Bol Bol, and Tyler Herro.

Sekou could be a better version of Pascal Siakam or poor poor man's Kawhi. Bol has the best perimeter skills of all the big men in the draft, he is the only center who can run the break and stop and pop 3s. Tyler Herro is a gamble but could be another Devin Booker.

Ontop of that, all three guys can shoot 3s, think what Trae can do when you surround him with shooters.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#28 » by Spud2nique » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:30 pm

I’m gonna go like this grading system wise. Top players, lotto possible only. This is if we HAD to take the rookie on the Hawks roster. ( isho) (in Spud’s humble opinion)

1. Zion: A+ Zion is an A+ for anyone but Atlanta was his best possible fit. His athletic and do it all game would get time to blossom without pressure due to Trae setting him up with easy looks. Lakers would have been a close second due to Lewhatever.

2. Morant: B- Star but small backcourt with Trae. We would lead the league in starting backcourt assists but get burned on D in the form of the dreaded small man post game.

3. RJ Barrett: B Starts at the 3 right away and makes us one of the 1/3 assist duo’s in the league. Get knocked to a B grade because of the ability to need the ball in his hands probably more than we’d like him too which takes away from Trae’s trusted hands.

4. Darius Garland: B- Again small backcourt with Trae that’s why the B- but the kid obviously great up around ball through his pops.

5. Jarrett Culver : B+ Fits on at the 2 or the 3, pushing Huerter to the other spot. High IQ dude who as many have heard by now loves the game and lives in the gym. Will his game not only travel but progress to star level, I’m gonna say yes. Hard work trumps all specially with the talent he possesses. Good fit with Hawks. The fit gets a tiny knock due to size but the talent and IQ would be off the charts.

6. Deandre Hunter : B+ Fits in right away at the 3. Tenacious defender with a ready made body. Your prototype 3 and D. How much will he improve and is there a ceiling on his game? Regardless he fits with Atlanta. Our defense sucked and this kid would be coach Lloyd’s best friend on many nights even early in his career. He’s ready boy.

7. Coby White: C- He’s a talent but the mini backcourt would stink and cap would hate our backcourt that’s a no go for me.

8. Cam Reddish: A+ Tied with Zion for best fit with Hawks. Comes in from day 1 and penciled in as our starting 3. He allows every important piece (Trae, Huerter, Collins) to remain in their respective positions as he fills in our departed Prince’s slot. If this was a fairytale it would be written by Supes and kg on down the line. I’d say 80% of us love him.

9. Sekou Doumbouya: A- Big body 2 way good looking prospect who has a nice stroke. He’s young and raw but did play in the euro league which is a man’s league. He definitely would be a nice project for the us to groom. He is that Schlenk shoot, dribble pass type of dude for sure.

10. Brandon Clarke: B+ One of my fav prospects because as many of you know he was an SJSU transfer aka my alma mater. Go Spartans! Gonzaga has had some strong players come out but this guy is in the mold of a rebound and blocking machine. Imagine an Aaron Gordon type body running around making Draymond Green type defensive plays. That’s Clarke imo. The reason it gets a B+ is he’s a power forward and we have JC there. Have one of them play the center position would make us small but really really fun to watch. How many oops to Collins and Clarke. The C&C factory (trademark copyright)

11. Rui Hachimura: B This kid is like as big as the Empire State Building -Fran Frascilla (wtf) It’s true he’s a condor. Long kid who is crafty and knows how to get to the line via amazing little scoop shots and goes about his business quietly. Sound familiar? Who wants another Paul Millsap on this team? I don’t mind at all. Oh by the way, instantaneous we add 127 million fans because he’s apparently the Zion of Japan. Sign me up!

12. Mfiondu Kabengele: A One of my 4 fav prospects for us. Despite his lack of height for the center position at 6’10” he provides a motor like no other. He can block shots and rebound while playing the game like it’s his last one. I love players that play hard. At 250 pounds, the nephew of Deke would become one of Trae’s favs with all those vicious picks. Ouch!

13. Jaxson Hayes: B- The fit grade with us is an A+ for him but like Supes said it’s a two way street. I just don’t love him as a prospect. Guys that can’t shoot well and don’t look like they might anytime soon can be schemed against easily in today’s league. He’s great around the rim and protects it well. Perfect fit next to Collins but no Hayes for me he can’t shoot.

14. Goga Bitadze: A- Again, much like the Cam scenario he comes in at the center position where we are obviously looking to upgrade in the next few seasons without disturbing the position of anybody else. The minus is for the unknown Euro big man. Ok there have been good ones no doubt, specially lately with the Joker leading the way, with some Nurk and Kanter as well. But there have been misses. Andreas Bargnani, I can’t stop KG! Fran Vasquez...Nikoloz Tskitishvili....Georgios Papagiannis.. need I say more? Yet kg continues to drool.

15. Nassir Little: B- The fit is an A- due to position need because Prince is gone. He is still only 6’6” despite a nice long wingspan. The physical ability to play defense as far as hands on an opponent is great. The schematic positioning of Nas, I’m worried about. If he gets burned on a back pick over and over because he turns his head, no amount of strength can combat that. We’ve seen it in Prince as well which is a reason Schlenk got rid of him. Would Nas rip the rim down on tons of highlights, most likely, would that give us a win at the end of the night, I’m betting Schlenk thinks not.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#29 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jun 13, 2019 2:59 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,960

Post#30 » by shakes0 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:08 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter

Sent from my RC555L using RealGM mobile app

Just looking at that video, Goga is EXACTLY what the Hawks need. Perfect PnR partner for Trae.

Will he be around at #17? If he is it seems like a no brainer to grab him.
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran

Post#31 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:30 pm

Given the LP interview and the implications of his comments about the defense he wants to play, in combination with Schlenk's declaration that he's really aspiring to position-less basketball, I'm one of those who think we can eliminate from the prospect list anyone resembling Alex Len...

And of course, Bitadze is one of those.

Think Hayes can be lopped off as well, though less because of his defensive considerations, more because he doesn't fit the profile of a shooter/passer/dribbler.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#32 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:20 pm

Sounds like Bitadze's agent have prepped this kid thoroughly for his A-Town interview.

Read on Twitter
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#33 » by CP War Hawks » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:00 pm

"That dude might be 6-6. He's no five man. But he played five man in college and looked bigger in film. I'm obviously being drastic, but you can see with your own eyes when they're here, and then you go, "Can this guy play in the pick and roll? He's athletic but not that athletic. He's athletic in his league. I'm from the WCC - man, he was great in the WCC. Well that's not great athleticism in the NBA. Everyone is a great athlete in the NBA, but he looked great in the WCC."

Lloyd takes a clear shot at ya'lls boy BC.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#34 » by kg01 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:20 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Sounds like Bitadze's agent have prepped this kid thoroughly for his A-Town interview.

Read on Twitter

School em, Goga.
king01 :king:
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#35 » by Spud2nique » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:39 pm

kg01 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:Sounds like Bitadze's agent have prepped this kid thoroughly for his A-Town interview.

Read on Twitter

School em, Goga.

Kg, he better not be Bargnani. I’m scared.
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran

Post#36 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:07 pm

Read on Twitter

Impressive.

Um.

Pardon the question... maybe I overestimate us as a group... but do you think there's anyone here who couldn't name four guys on every NBA team's roster?
gundysmullet
Rookie
And1: 644

Post#37 » by gundysmullet » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:21 pm

Spud2nique wrote:I’m gonna go like this grading system wise. Top players, lotto possible only. This is if we HAD to take the rookie on the Hawks roster. ( isho) (in Spud’s humble opinion)

1. Zion: A+ Zion is an A+ for anyone but Atlanta was his best possible fit. His athletic and do it all game would get time to blossom without pressure due to Trae setting him up with easy looks. Lakers would have been a close second due to Lewhatever.

2. Morant: B- Star but small backcourt with Trae. We would lead the league in starting backcourt assists but get burned on D in the form of the dreaded small man post game.

3. RJ Barrett: B Starts at the 3 right away and makes us one of the 1/3 assist duo’s in the league. Get knocked to a B grade because of the ability to need the ball in his hands probably more than we’d like him too which takes away from Trae’s trusted hands.

4. Darius Garland: B- Again small backcourt with Trae that’s why the B- but the kid obviously great up around ball through his pops.

5. Jarrett Culver : B+ Fits on at the 2 or the 3, pushing Huerter to the other spot. High IQ dude who as many have heard by now loves the game and lives in the gym. Will his game not only travel but progress to star level, I’m gonna say yes. Hard work trumps all specially with the talent he possesses. Good fit with Hawks. The fit gets a tiny knock due to size but the talent and IQ would be off the charts.

6. Deandre Hunter : B+ Fits in right away at the 3. Tenacious defender with a ready made body. Your prototype 3 and D. How much will he improve and is there a ceiling on his game? Regardless he fits with Atlanta. Our defense sucked and this kid would be coach Lloyd’s best friend on many nights even early in his career. He’s ready boy.

7. Coby White: C- He’s a talent but the mini backcourt would stink and cap would hate our backcourt that’s a no go for me.

8. Cam Reddish: A+ Tied with Zion for best fit with Hawks. Comes in from day 1 and penciled in as our starting 3. He allows every important piece (Trae, Huerter, Collins) to remain in their respective positions as he fills in our departed Prince’s slot. If this was a fairytale it would be written by Supes and kg on down the line. I’d say 80% of us love him.

9. Sekou Doumbouya: A- Big body 2 way good looking prospect who has a nice stroke. He’s young and raw but did play in the euro league which is a man’s league. He definitely would be a nice project for the us to groom. He is that Schlenk shoot, dribble pass type of dude for sure.

10. Brandon Clarke: B+ One of my fav prospects because as many of you know he was an SJSU transfer aka my alma mater. Go Spartans! Gonzaga has had some strong players come out but this guy is in the mold of a rebound and blocking machine. Imagine an Aaron Gordon type body running around making Draymond Green type defensive plays. That’s Clarke imo. The reason it gets a B+ is he’s a power forward and we have JC there. Have one of them play the center position would make us small but really really fun to watch. How many oops to Collins and Clarke. The C&C factory (trademark copyright)

11. Rui Hachimura: B This kid is like as big as the Empire State Building -Fran Frascilla (wtf) It’s true he’s a condor. Long kid who is crafty and knows how to get to the line via amazing little scoop shots and goes about his business quietly. Sound familiar? Who wants another Paul Millsap on this team? I don’t mind at all. Oh by the way, instantaneous we add 127 million fans because he’s apparently the Zion of Japan. Sign me up!

12. Mfiondu Kabengele: A One of my 4 fav prospects for us. Despite his lack of height for the center position at 6’10” he provides a motor like no other. He can block shots and rebound while playing the game like it’s his last one. I love players that play hard. At 250 pounds, the nephew of Deke would become one of Trae’s favs with all those vicious picks. Ouch!

13. Jaxson Hayes: B- The fit grade with us is an A+ for him but like Supes said it’s a two way street. I just don’t love him as a prospect. Guys that can’t shoot well and don’t look like they might anytime soon can be schemed against easily in today’s league. He’s great around the rim and protects it well. Perfect fit next to Collins but no Hayes for me he can’t shoot.

14. Goga Bitadze: A- Again, much like the Cam scenario he comes in at the center position where we are obviously looking to upgrade in the next few seasons without disturbing the position of anybody else. The minus is for the unknown Euro big man. Ok there have been good ones no doubt, specially lately with the Joker leading the way, with some Nurk and Kanter as well. But there have been misses. Andreas Bargnani, I can’t stop KG! Fran Vasquez...Nikoloz Tskitishvili....Georgios Papagiannis.. need I say more? Yet kg continues to drool.

15. Nassir Little: B- The fit is an A- due to position need because Prince is gone. He is still only 6’6” despite a nice long wingspan. The physical ability to play defense as far as hands on an opponent is great. The schematic positioning of Nas, I’m worried about. If he gets burned on a back pick over and over because he turns his head, no amount of strength can combat that. We’ve seen it in Prince as well which is a reason Schlenk got rid of him. Would Nas rip the rim down on tons of highlights, most likely, would that give us a win at the end of the night, I’m betting Schlenk thinks not.

Cam reddish, A+? Seriously? If he went to an anonymous school like Mississippi State or Minnesota or Pitt and put the same stats he would not even be considered a first round pick but since he was a McDonald’s All-American and has the Duke mystique behind his name people are talking about him as a lottery pick which is a flat out joke. I can’t think of one player that came out after one year they put up such mediocre statistics that went on to have a prolific NBA career. This guy has “bust” written all over him.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#38 » by Spud2nique » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:56 pm

gundysmullet wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:I’m gonna go like this grading system wise. Top players, lotto possible only. This is if we HAD to take the rookie on the Hawks roster. ( isho) (in Spud’s humble opinion)

Cam reddish, A+? Seriously? If he went to an anonymous school like Mississippi State or Minnesota or Pitt and put the same stats he would not even be considered a first round pick but since he was a McDonald’s All-American and has the Duke mystique behind his name people are talking about him as a lottery pick which is a flat out joke. I can’t think of one player that came out after one year they put up such mediocre statistics that went on to have a prolific NBA career. This guy has “bust” written all over him.

Noted. What’s your beef with this fella. I actually think it’s the other way around. He hadn’t gone to Duke he might be a top 3 pick over Barrett.
EazyRoc
Senior
And1: 389

Post#39 » by EazyRoc » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:14 pm

_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:Given the LP interview and the implications of his comments about the defense he wants to play, in combination with Schlenk's declaration that he's really aspiring to position-less basketball, I'm one of those who think we can eliminate from the prospect list anyone resembling Alex Len...

And of course, Bitadze is one of those.

Think Hayes can be lopped off as well, though less because of his defensive considerations, more because he doesn't fit the profile of a shooter/passer/dribbler.

Nic Claxton at 10 possibly?
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#40 » by Radioblacktive1 » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:21 pm

Can’t wait to pick Reddish at 8 and he turns out to be everything we need him to be.

Return to Atlanta Hawks