Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

ATL Boy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,003

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#1 » by ATL Boy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:38 am

Please continue your trade discussion in this thread. We've been instructed to not let threads go over 100 pages due to some site server issues, so the initial thread has been locked.

Here's a link to the "Trade Ideas Part 2" thread for archival purposes:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1427112
SichtingLives wrote:life hack:

When a man heaves a live chainsaw towards you from distance, stand still. No one has good accuracy throwing a chainsaw.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#2 » by King Ken » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:20 pm

The KD injury clearly changes some things.
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,925

Post#3 » by shakes0 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:55 pm

King Ken wrote:The KD injury clearly changes some things.

Makes TS look like a genius for getting that deal with BRK done last week.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,869

Post#4 » by jayu70 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:00 pm

shakes0 wrote:

Word is the Hawks wanted to be the 1st to make a move.
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,925

Post#5 » by shakes0 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:51 pm

jayu70 wrote:
shakes0 wrote:

Word is the Hawks wanted to be the 1st to make a move.

that's smart. There was/is going to be a lot of teams looking to take on bad contracts if they come with assets. Hawks were very wise to jump on that before it became a sellers market.
pacehawk
Freshman
And1: 39

Post#6 » by pacehawk » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:57 am

Now that the Lakers have traded their #4 pick to the Pelicans do you think the Hawks will make a play (Offer!) for the #4 pick and if yes what (Who) do you think they will be offering and who (Culver, Hunter, Redish, etc) do you think they will be targeting? Personally, I would still like to see the Hawks keep their three #1 picks UNLESS they get an offer too good they can’t refuse! They can include all the 2nd Round Picks they want but I sure would like to see them keep their 1st Round Picks!
Ice Trae
RealGM
And1: 10,884

Post#7 » by Ice Trae » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:02 am

pacehawk wrote:Now that the Lakers have traded their #4 pick to the Pelicans do you think the Hawks will make a play (Offer!) for the #4 pick and if yes what (Who) do you think they will be offering and who (Culver, Hunter, Redish, etc) do you think they will be targeting? Personally, I would still like to see the Hawks keep their three #1 picks UNLESS they get an offer too good they can’t refuse! They can include all the 2nd Round Picks they want but I sure would like to see them keep their 1st Round Picks!

I'm sure the FO is highest on Culver & Reddish, I just have a hard time finding out who they prefer. I'm sure we'll end up getting one of them but if I had to guess who we'd grab at 4 I'm goona go Culver.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Post#8 » by King Ken » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:34 am

pacehawk wrote:Now that the Lakers have traded their #4 pick to the Pelicans do you think the Hawks will make a play (Offer!) for the #4 pick and if yes what (Who) do you think they will be offering and who (Culver, Hunter, Redish, etc) do you think they will be targeting? Personally, I would still like to see the Hawks keep their three #1 picks UNLESS they get an offer too good they can’t refuse! They can include all the 2nd Round Picks they want but I sure would like to see them keep their 1st Round Picks!

I doubt we can move up to #4 with just our 2nd rounders. That said, I am not sure about moving up. It all depends on how the board plays out.
Years80HAWKS
Junior
And1: 42

Post#9 » by Years80HAWKS » Sun Jun 16, 2019 9:13 am

It is said that we are offering number 10 for number 4 and we will getting Solomon Hill, who is owed 14 millions next year.
The idea is to get Reddish.
It is a good move but, again, next year's FA class is going to be almost non-existant...
jayu70
RealGM

Post#10 » by jayu70 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:39 am

Years80HAWKS wrote:It is said that we are offering number 10 for number 4 and we will getting Solomon Hill, who is owed 14 millions next year.
It is a good move but, again, next year's FA class is going to be almost non-existant...

I'd do that deal in a nano second.
pacehawk
Freshman
And1: 39

Post#11 » by pacehawk » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:02 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Years80HAWKS wrote:It is said that we are offering number 10 for number 4 and we will getting Solomon Hill, who is owed 14 millions next year.

I'd do that deal in a nano second.

Sounds too good to be true BUT I hope it is! Reddish, Culver or Hunter at #4, Sekou at #8 and Fernando or Bol at #17 and I am one Happy Hawks Fan!!!
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#12 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:20 pm

Said by who? Link? Tweet? Something?

Everything that's been reported has indicated Pels are wanting a ASG-quality player. Vecenie says he's hearing the Bulls are front runners.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#13 » by Spud2nique » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:23 pm

_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:

Said by who? Link? Tweet? Something?

Everything that's been reported has indicated Pels are wanting a ASG-quality player. Vecenie says he's hearing the Bulls are front runners.

Beal ...I thought I read that. Makes some sense. Beal is young and can grow with Zion, Ball, Ingram and the rest. Pelicans quietly building a scary team imo.
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#14 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:29 pm

The talk on Beal has went away from all I'm reading. He was the hot item thought to be involved if WAS the 3rd team in the original trade. But the explanation is that, with the Wiz not having a GM, ownership is hesitant to make any major moves.
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#15 » by Radioblacktive1 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:20 pm

From B/R:

Hawks, Magic, Grizzlies Make Three-Way Swap

John Raoux/Associated Press

Hawks Receive: PF Aaron Gordon

Magic Receive: PG Mike Conley, No. 17 pick (via Nets)

Grizzlies Receive: SG Kent Bazemore, PG D.J. Augustin, No. 10 pick (via Mavericks)

With Ja Morant likely headed to the Grizzlies at No. 2 on Thursday night, the Memphis Grizzlies are "intensifying talks" to trade Conley, per The Athletic's Shams Charania.

The Orlando Magic are on the short list of teams that need a point guard, and Conley would be a huge upgrade over D.J. Augustin. The 31-year-old averaged 21.1 points and 6.4 assists per game for Memphis last season and would be a perfect fit to run an upstart team that finally made the playoffs last season.

In addition to Conley, the Magic would get the 17th pick from the Hawks, and players like Oregon's Bol Bol, USC's Kevin Porter Jr. and Indiana's Romeo Langford may be available.

In exchange for Conley, the Grizzlies would receive the 10th pick from the Hawks, and all the aforementioned players should be in play as well as Texas' Jaxson Hayes, UNC's Nassir Little and Kentucky's PJ Washington. They'd get Augustin from Orlando to be Morant's mentor, and Kent Bazemore carries an expiring $19.3 million salary.

Atlanta would maintain the best of its three first-round picks (No. 8) and add a 23-year-old star big man in Aaron Gordon who's under contract for the next three years at a reasonable $54.4 million. Gordon averaged 16.0 points, 7.4 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game last season while shooting a career-high 34.9 percent from three. The pair of Gordon and John Collins could be Atlanta's frontcourt of the future, and the former's contract will expire the same summer that Trae Young is due for a costly extension.

Why does it feel like some of these writers just take a cursory glance at our roster and assets and then just cook up whatever?
jayu70
RealGM

Post#16 » by jayu70 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:32 pm

Radioblacktive1 wrote:From B/R:

Hawks, Magic, Grizzlies Make Three-Way Swap

John Raoux/Associated Press

Hawks Receive: PF Aaron Gordon

Magic Receive: PG Mike Conley, No. 17 pick (via Nets)

Grizzlies Receive: SG Kent Bazemore, PG D.J. Augustin, No. 10 pick (via Mavericks)

With Ja Morant likely headed to the Grizzlies at No. 2 on Thursday night, the Memphis Grizzlies are "intensifying talks" to trade Conley, per The Athletic's Shams Charania.

The Orlando Magic are on the short list of teams that need a point guard, and Conley would be a huge upgrade over D.J. Augustin. The 31-year-old averaged 21.1 points and 6.4 assists per game for Memphis last season and would be a perfect fit to run an upstart team that finally made the playoffs last season.

In addition to Conley, the Magic would get the 17th pick from the Hawks, and players like Oregon's Bol Bol, USC's Kevin Porter Jr. and Indiana's Romeo Langford may be available.

In exchange for Conley, the Grizzlies would receive the 10th pick from the Hawks, and all the aforementioned players should be in play as well as Texas' Jaxson Hayes, UNC's Nassir Little and Kentucky's PJ Washington. They'd get Augustin from Orlando to be Morant's mentor, and Kent Bazemore carries an expiring $19.3 million salary.

Atlanta would maintain the best of its three first-round picks (No. 8) and add a 23-year-old star big man in Aaron Gordon who's under contract for the next three years at a reasonable $54.4 million. Gordon averaged 16.0 points, 7.4 rebounds and 3.7 assists per game last season while shooting a career-high 34.9 percent from three. The pair of Gordon and John Collins could be Atlanta's frontcourt of the future, and the former's contract will expire the same summer that Trae Young is due for a costly extension.

Why does it feel like some of these writers just take a cursory glance at our roster and assets and then just cook up whatever?

Because they do. Hawks have a plethora of picks and capspace so we are in EVERY trade.
hwkfan
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#17 » by hwkfan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:16 pm

Any interest in Gordon Hayward? Not sure he is in the plans for the Cs anymore. Would give us a good leader/potential all star at a position of need. Contract comes up in 2 years when we should really be players in free agency. Not sure what it would take and don't like dealing with Boston. But if we could get him without giving away the farm I think he'd be an excellent fit.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,615

Post#18 » by kg01 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:21 pm

Nah but, in fairness, I didn't like him pre-injury. Definitely don't like him post-injury. Good player but not a needle-mover to me.

I'd rather try to get Heurter to develop into a similar guy without having to pay a shell of Hayward's former self.

If we want leadership, sign some vet min guys.
king01 :king:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,374

Post#19 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:23 pm

hwkfan wrote:Any interest in Gordon Hayward? Not sure he is in the plans for the Cs anymore. Would give us a good leader/potential all star at a position of need. Contract comes up in 2 years when we should really be players in free agency. Not sure what it would take and don't like dealing with Boston. But if we could get him without giving away the farm I think he'd be an excellent fit.

I'd be in favor of it. But because of his heavy contract, slow injury recovery and paltry production, I wouldn't give up much.

Hell, I'd actually like to be compensated for the trouble.

I'd do something like:

Kent Bazemore, #17

for Gordon Hayward and #14.

Celtics get free of his albatross of a contract a year early -- while we move up three spots higher in the draft and get a vet SF.
hwkfan
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#20 » by hwkfan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 6:28 pm

I hear you kg. I'm just on the other side of the fence. Loved him pre injury. And think he can bounce back (not to his prime days) to a level that would exceed anything we should expect from a rookie for 2 years. Especially if the deal looks something like what Jamaal stated.

Return to Atlanta Hawks