ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3

Moderators: ATL Boy, dms269, HMFFL

jayu70
General Manager
Posts: 9,162
And1: 6,632
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#41 » by jayu70 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:54 pm

Roddy wrote:Len/Bembry for Jaylen Brown ?

Pass.
Len is currently the starting Center (pending FAcy).
Hawks just drafted 2 wings in the draft plus Huerter last year. I think we are good on the wings. The plan is to develop them.
Brown is a RFA next season.
User avatar
Zaschrona
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,706
And1: 1,045
Joined: Dec 10, 2011
Location: Czechia
       

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#42 » by Zaschrona » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:47 am

jayu70 wrote:
Roddy wrote:Len/Bembry for Jaylen Brown ?

Pass.
Len is currently the starting Center (pending FAcy).
Hawks just drafted 2 wings in the draft plus Huerter last year. I think we are good on the wings. The plan is to develop them.
Brown is a RFA next season.

What about Len for Yabusele and 2020 MIL pick?
jayu70
General Manager
Posts: 9,162
And1: 6,632
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#43 » by jayu70 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 12:58 am

Zaschrona wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Roddy wrote:Len/Bembry for Jaylen Brown ?

Pass.
Len is currently the starting Center (pending FAcy).
Hawks just drafted 2 wings in the draft plus Huerter last year. I think we are good on the wings. The plan is to develop them.
Brown is a RFA next season.

What about Len for Yabusele and 2020 MIL pick?

What's a Yabusele? :D
Seriously, until we know what happens with Dedmon's FAcy, Len is our starting C.
Yes we are rebuilding, and the 2020 MIL 1st is tempting, but we still need good young players/vets (Len) to help the kids along.
His ability to spread the floor, really opens up the Trae/Collins PnR.
User avatar
Jamaaliver
RealGM 2018 NCAA Tourney Challenge Champ
Posts: 21,555
And1: 7,335
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#44 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:58 pm

If his health concerns check out, I'd toss our (top-5 protected) 1st round draft pick from next year to New Orleans for him.

Read on Twitter
jayu70
General Manager
Posts: 9,162
And1: 6,632
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#45 » by jayu70 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:40 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:If his health concerns check out, I'd toss our (top-5 protected) 1st round draft pick from next year to New Orleans for him.

Read on Twitter

Why? And then how much are you willing to pay him as a RFA?
kg01
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,240
And1: 6,545
Joined: Jun 28, 2017
 

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#46 » by kg01 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:43 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:If his health concerns check out, I'd toss our (top-5 protected) 1st round draft pick from next year to New Orleans for him.

Read on Twitter

Why? And then how much are you willing to pay him as a RFA?


Eggsactly. Sometimes @jamallo just be sayin' stuff.

Kidding @jamallio, don't go reporting me to the mods again. I know it was you! :) No, I'm really kidding.

On a serious note, we need to see what we have in Hunter/Reddish before making a deal like that.
king01 :king:
Spud2nique
Head Coach
Posts: 6,270
And1: 3,980
Joined: Jul 01, 2017

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#47 » by Spud2nique » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:00 pm

kg01 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:If his health concerns check out, I'd toss our (top-5 protected) 1st round draft pick from next year to New Orleans for him.

Read on Twitter

Why? And then how much are you willing to pay him as a RFA?


Eggsactly. Sometimes @jamallo just be sayin' stuff.

Kidding @jamallio, don't go reporting me to the mods again. I know it was you! :) No, I'm really kidding.

On a serious note, we need to see what we have in Hunter/Reddish before making a deal like that.


We have a couple studs in Hunter and Reddish. Reddish is gonna be a 40/20/20 guy...-Supes

He is gonna be a Hershel Walker met Wayne Gretzky met Greg Norman...

I just hope he’s not Marvin Williams. I already got 2 Marvin Williams jerseys both purchased in 2005, I got a Cam jersey on its way...

:roll:
AngelMasterLucky11 :wink:
jayu70
General Manager
Posts: 9,162
And1: 6,632
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#48 » by jayu70 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:24 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Why? And then how much are you willing to pay him as a RFA?


Eggsactly. Sometimes @jamallo just be sayin' stuff.

Kidding @jamallio, don't go reporting me to the mods again. I know it was you! :) No, I'm really kidding.

On a serious note, we need to see what we have in Hunter/Reddish before making a deal like that.


We have a couple studs in Hunter and Reddish. Reddish is gonna be a 40/20/20 guy...-Supes

He is gonna be a Hershel Walker met Wayne Gretzky met Greg Norman...

I just hope he’s not Marvin Williams. I already got 2 Marvin Williams jerseys both purchased in 2005, I got a Cam jersey on its way...

:roll:

Unless Jamaloooo has already predetermined that Hunter and Reddish won't pan out.
I don't think they were his draft preferences! Or am I misremembering?
User avatar
Jamaaliver
RealGM 2018 NCAA Tourney Challenge Champ
Posts: 21,555
And1: 7,335
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#49 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:52 pm

kg01 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Why? And then how much are you willing to pay him as a RFA?



Eggsactly. Sometimes @jamallo just be sayin' stuff.



jayu70 wrote:Unless Jamaloooo has already predetermined that Hunter and Reddish won't pan out.
I don't think they were his draft preferences! Or am I misremembering?




Image



I just like Brandon Ingram's game...
jayu70
General Manager
Posts: 9,162
And1: 6,632
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#50 » by jayu70 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:22 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
kg01 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Why? And then how much are you willing to pay him as a RFA?



Eggsactly. Sometimes @jamallo just be sayin' stuff.



jayu70 wrote:Unless Jamaloooo has already predetermined that Hunter and Reddish won't pan out.
I don't think they were his draft preferences! Or am I misremembering?

:lol:
What are you willing to pay him?


Image



I just like Brandon Ingram's game...
Spud2nique
Head Coach
Posts: 6,270
And1: 3,980
Joined: Jul 01, 2017

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#51 » by Spud2nique » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:53 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Eggsactly. Sometimes @jamallo just be sayin' stuff.

Kidding @jamallio, don't go reporting me to the mods again. I know it was you! :) No, I'm really kidding.

On a serious note, we need to see what we have in Hunter/Reddish before making a deal like that.


We have a couple studs in Hunter and Reddish. Reddish is gonna be a 40/20/20 guy...-Supes

He is gonna be a Hershel Walker met Wayne Gretzky met Greg Norman...

I just hope he’s not Marvin Williams. I already got 2 Marvin Williams jerseys both purchased in 2005, I got a Cam jersey on its way...

:roll:

Unless Jamaloooo has already predetermined that Hunter and Reddish won't pan out.
I don't think they were his draft preferences! Or am I misremembering?



Jamalo’s numero uno target all season was Sekou Doumbouya. Last year it was Wendy’s Carter jr. and Lonnie Walker IV.
AngelMasterLucky11 :wink:
User avatar
Jamaaliver
RealGM 2018 NCAA Tourney Challenge Champ
Posts: 21,555
And1: 7,335
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#52 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:35 am

Spud2nique wrote:Jamalo’s numero uno target all season was Sekou Doumbouya. Last year it was Wendy’s Carter jr. and Lonnie Walker IV.




Jarrett Culver.

I heart Jarrett Culver.
Spud2nique
Head Coach
Posts: 6,270
And1: 3,980
Joined: Jul 01, 2017

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#53 » by Spud2nique » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:13 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Jamalo’s numero uno target all season was Sekou Doumbouya. Last year it was Wendy’s Carter jr. and Lonnie Walker IV.




Jarrett Culver.

I heart Jarrett Culver.



Well we all had him.

I had the Moscow connection love (I dunno it sounds CIA ish :lol: ) Central Boshnikov Bureau of basketball bargaining. Top secret.

CCCK (Culver/Cam/Clarke/Kabengele)

I believe all will be great. Or at least pretty good.
AngelMasterLucky11 :wink:
User avatar
Jamaaliver
RealGM 2018 NCAA Tourney Challenge Champ
Posts: 21,555
And1: 7,335
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#54 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:33 pm

Spud2nique wrote:



Well we all had him.





Image


Jamaaliver wrote:^I'm falling hard for Jarrett Culver. If we miss out on the Duke trio, I'm at the point where I'd trade back a few spots and just take him in later the top-10. :love:

He reminds me a bit of Bradley Beal...but is a better facilitator.
(I've even heard comps to Brandon Roy.)
Dec 2018
Spud2nique
Head Coach
Posts: 6,270
And1: 3,980
Joined: Jul 01, 2017

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#55 » by Spud2nique » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:26 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:



Well we all had him.





Image


Jamaaliver wrote:^I'm falling hard for Jarrett Culver. If we miss out on the Duke trio, I'm at the point where I'd trade back a few spots and just take him in later the top-10. :love:

He reminds me a bit of Bradley Beal...but is a better facilitator.
(I've even heard comps to Brandon Roy.)
Dec 2018


Yes if you dig around that area I have some posts praising Culver as well. Now though, it’s all about Cam! Culver, like Luka, is dead to me. :cry:
AngelMasterLucky11 :wink:
User avatar
Jamaaliver
RealGM 2018 NCAA Tourney Challenge Champ
Posts: 21,555
And1: 7,335
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#56 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:39 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Culver, like Luka, is dead to me. :cry:


Image




I'll always love Wendell...
User avatar
MaceCase
General Manager
Posts: 8,315
And1: 2,419
Joined: Apr 08, 2009
       

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#57 » by MaceCase » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:41 am

Ingram doesn't look like he's not excited, he just looks like he's on Oxy.
*WLOC*
We LovED Our Core

Danny Ferryed, GManimal.
shakes0
Rookie
Posts: 1,092
And1: 1,093
Joined: Jul 14, 2017
Location: Chicago
       

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#58 » by shakes0 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:57 pm

Ingram always looks like that. He has Resting Stoned Face syndrome.
Spud2nique
Head Coach
Posts: 6,270
And1: 3,980
Joined: Jul 01, 2017

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#59 » by Spud2nique » Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:03 pm

MaceCase wrote:Ingram doesn't look like he's not excited, he just looks like he's on Oxy.


He just partied with Mike Scott and the Ringwalds.
AngelMasterLucky11 :wink:
User avatar
Jamaaliver
RealGM 2018 NCAA Tourney Challenge Champ
Posts: 21,555
And1: 7,335
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#60 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:40 am

The Player Atlanta Should Already Be Targeting at the Trade Deadline

Myles Turner

Image

The Atlanta Hawks are close to constructing their next foundation.

Trae Young is the defense-bending catalyst who might soon be elite as a scorer, distributor and pull-from-anywhere sharpshooter. Kevin Huerter holds down the other backcourt post with solid size and a better stroke. Rookie De'Andre Hunter checks the all-important three-and-D box. John Collins is the extra-bouncy big man who's nearly an automatic 20 points and 10 boards every night.

But unless Alex Len changes from who he's been through six NBA seasons, this roster still needs a long-term answer at the 5. Given that Collins is neither a floor-spacer nor a shot-blocker, Atlanta's ideal big man would do both.

Myles Turner is one of the few players who scratches each itch. Just last season, he tallied a league-leading 2.7 blocks and a career-high 1.0 triples per game on 38.8 percent shooting. Even better, he's signed through 2022-23 and young enough to fit the timeline of Atlanta's core.


While the Indiana Pacers probably aren't rushing to trade Turner, they haven't answered questions about his long-term viability alongside Domantas Sabonis. In fact, this frontcourt grew more congested when Indy added center Goga Bitadze on draft night.

If there is a price point that gets Turner out of the Circle City, the Hawks should do everything within reason to meet it.
Bleacher Report

Return to Atlanta Hawks