ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#241 » by basketballRob » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:53 am

Just curious if you think about Bamba for your first round pick?

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#242 » by kg01 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:43 am

basketballRob wrote:Just curious if you think about Bamba for your first round pick?

Heyul nawl.

Maybe for the OKC pick we own, which will likely end up 2 2nds.

We're looking for a starting C, not a project.
king01 :king:
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,923

Post#243 » by jayu70 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:55 pm

kg01 wrote:
basketballRob wrote:Just curious if you think about Bamba for your first round pick?

Heyul nawl.

Maybe for the OKC pick we own, which will likely end up 2 2nds.

We're looking for a starting C, not a project.

Agreed.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,489

Post#244 » by dms269 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:53 pm

Bamba isn't returning a top 5 pick in the draft.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,960

Post#245 » by shakes0 » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:59 pm

I don't think Bamba even gets a late first round pick at this point. Hasn't developed at all.
scottyg
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#246 » by scottyg » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:41 pm

What bout some 3 way trade that sends Drummond to Chicago and sends and Wendall carter to Atl

Chi gets -
- andre Drummond
- Dereck Rose
- Deandra Hunter

Why? They get their center of the future who fits much better wirh LaVine and Markannen and also bring back Tose and get the perfect SF in Hunter to between LaVine and Markannen

Hawks get -
- Otto Porter
- Wendall Carter Jr.

why?? Get Trae some help and get there Center of the future and have Otto as a giant exp contract and let him sit out the year and heal

Pistons get -
- Chandler Parsons
- Daniel Gafford
- Denzel Valentine
- Kris Dunn
- Lottery protected 1st from det or the OKC 1st ( 2 2nds)
- lottery protected 1st from Chi

Why ? Start their rebuild and get a super young athletic big in Gafford and bunch of exp contract and some young ppl Ayers
kg01
General Manager

Post#247 » by kg01 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:59 pm

We didn't trade up to get Hunter ... to jettison him for a halfway decent center prospect after half a season.
kg01
General Manager

Post#248 » by kg01 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:02 pm

shakes0 wrote:I don't think Bamba even gets a late first round pick at this point. Hasn't developed at all.

I politely asked about what it would take to trade for him a few months ago on the trade board. Some Magic fan butted in telling us he was gonna be the next Porzingis. I was like, "Huh?"
jayu70
RealGM

Post#249 » by jayu70 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:05 pm

scottyg wrote:What bout some 3 way trade that sends Drummond to Chicago and sends and Wendall carter to Atl

Chi gets -
- andre Drummond
- Dereck Rose
- Deandra Hunter

Why? They get their center of the future who fits much better wirh LaVine and Markannen and also bring back Tose and get the perfect SF in Hunter to between LaVine and Markannen

Hawks get -
- Otto Porter
- Wendall Carter Jr.

why?? Get Trae some help and get there Center of the future and have Otto as a giant exp contract and let him sit out the year and heal

Pistons get -
- Chandler Parsons
- Daniel Gafford
- Denzel Valentine
- Kris Dunn
- Lottery protected 1st from det or the OKC 1st ( 2 2nds)
- lottery protected 1st from Chi

Why ? Start their rebuild and get a super young athletic big in Gafford and bunch of exp contract and some young ppl Ayers

Hawks will pass.
1. I don't see the Hawks moving Hunter so soon after trading up to get him and as you say - perfect SF
2. Porter is always injured and paid too much. He'll more than likely pick up his 2020 $28 mil player option.
3. WCJr I like, but he too is gettimg the 'injury bug' label.
I'd offer the BKN 1st for WCJr. in lieu of Hunter.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,487

Post#250 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:51 am

scottyg wrote:What bout some 3 way trade that sends Drummond to Chicago and sends and Wendall carter to Atl

Hawks get -
- Otto Porter
- Wendall Carter Jr.

You had me at Wendell!!!

I love that kid and believe he and Otto would both fit in well here at the 3 and 5 spots.

But I agree with the previous poster that our front office is unlikely to give up on De'Andre Hunter so soon after trading for him...unless a he was packaged for a true star.
kg01
General Manager

Post#251 » by kg01 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:35 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

Hawks get -
- Otto Porter
- Wendall Carter Jr.

You had me at Wendell!!!

I love that kid and believe he and Otto would both fit in well here at the 3 and 5 spots.

But I agree with the previous poster that our front office is unlikely to give up on De'Andre Hunter so soon after trading for him...unless a he was packaged for a true star.

How? Neither can stay healthy.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#252 » by CP War Hawks » Sat Feb 1, 2020 12:38 am

I was actually pondering this recently. But then when you put let's say pick 4-6 on the market, what center out there would it net. I was thinking maybe a Myles Turner. Let's say the Hawks finish with pick 5-6, Bamba should be in consideration. Maybe 5th pick for Bamba and 16th pick.

On a side note, Sham is saying Hawks are kicking the tires on Capela. You'd perhaps trade a mid top ten pick for him this offseason. I'd probably do that pick for Capela and Houston's 2020 pick. Perhaps you'd have to take a negative contract back.
BLACKFEET 2010
RealGM
And1: 3,847

Post#253 » by BLACKFEET 2010 » Sat Feb 1, 2020 4:38 am

CP War Hawks wrote:

I was actually pondering this recently. But then when you put let's say pick 4-6 on the market, what center out there would it net. I was thinking maybe a Myles Turner. Let's say the Hawks finish with pick 5-6, Bamba should be in consideration. Maybe 5th pick for Bamba and 16th pick.

On a side note, Sham is saying Hawks are kicking the tires on Capela. You'd perhaps trade a mid top ten pick for him this offseason. I'd probably do that pick for Capela and Houston's 2020 pick. Perhaps you'd have to take a negative contract back.

Hey, friendly Knick fan here.
Let’s say we uh, help you guys get Capela.
Which of your yoots maybe uh be available?
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,031

Post#254 » by tbhawksfan1 » Sat Feb 1, 2020 11:27 am

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:

Hawks have near unlimited cap and another high lotto pick is the best outcome for this season. So none of the yoots from this Hawksfan. Nets pick and expirings are the only thing I'd trade and it would have to be a very good deal for the Hawks.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,489

Post#255 » by dms269 » Sat Feb 1, 2020 11:46 am

BLACKFEET 2010 wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:

More than likely it would be a 3rd team sending the Rockets some type of player with us providing cap relief and pick(s) to that 3rd team.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
bigdavid
Bench Warmer
And1: 131

Post#256 » by bigdavid » Sun Feb 2, 2020 3:32 pm

Hi, Any news about Evan Turner ? Does he still practice with the team or stay in shape? Thanks
jayu70
RealGM

Post#257 » by jayu70 » Sun Feb 2, 2020 4:09 pm

bigdavid wrote:Hi, Any news about Evan Turner ? Does he still practice with the team or stay in shape? Thanks

He's practicing and staying in shape.
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#258 » by Radioblacktive1 » Sun Feb 2, 2020 4:13 pm

This is the most I have seen literally anybody care about Evan Turner. Did you draft him on fantasy or something?
jayu70
RealGM

Post#259 » by jayu70 » Sun Feb 2, 2020 4:19 pm

Radioblacktive1 wrote:This is the most I have seen literally anybody care about Evan Turner. Did you draft him on fantasy or something?

:lol: some people are just fans of certain players. Maybe they're related, or he knew him in college. :lol:
bigdavid
Bench Warmer
And1: 131

Post#260 » by bigdavid » Sun Feb 2, 2020 7:10 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Radioblacktive1 wrote:This is the most I have seen literally anybody care about Evan Turner. Did you draft him on fantasy or something?

:lol: some people are just fans of certain players. Maybe they're related, or he knew him in college. :lol:

Yes I am A fan of Evan Turner. Followed him in college and in Philly and Boston. I believe in Philly Collins played him in the wrong position and did not help his career Turner was a tall pt guard not a small forward.

It's true he was never a great shooter but a good passer and rebounder. He is now older and his better days probably behind him but I cannot get over the hate he has endured especially in Atlanta where he never had much chance to play.

Return to Atlanta Hawks