ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#341 » by kg01 » Fri May 1, 2020 7:00 pm

dms269 wrote:Harris isn't worth giving up Huerter for...especially on that contract. Not wanting to pay a guy almost 2 million per point he averages.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app

Yeah, I'm not a huge fan of his in the first place. Throw the contract in and it's a huge no-go for me.

I'd prefer him on his next course-corrected deal now that teams see what he actually is as a player.
king01 :king:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,486

Post#342 » by Jamaaliver » Wed May 13, 2020 4:04 pm

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,923

Post#343 » by jayu70 » Wed May 13, 2020 6:36 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Image

Fantasy indeed.
The first is a definite NO.....Everyone is saying how weak the draft is. This is a step back into rebuild territory.
Cavs getting a steal, trading 3 and Osman for 6 and Collins...nope.

The Boston trade is intriguing but I'm against trading with the Sees :lol:. strAinge will want more than just Capela so he can say he won the trade.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,489

Post#344 » by dms269 » Sat May 30, 2020 12:23 pm

Those trades are awful, overall this is the haul/damage.
Out:
Capela
Collins
6th overall

In:
Robert Williams (good defensive big. 2 years left on rookie deal)
1st Overall
Cedi Osman (expiring contract with Birds. SF, but is just okay)
Jordan Poole (was a rookie this season. He's bad)
2022 Milwaukee 1st

There is no way that jumping from 6 to 1 is worth giving up all that.

In their article the following was said:
B/R polled a real-world agent, a current Western Conference executive and a former Western Conference executive for their takes on Tuesday's events.

"It's brilliant," the agent said, complimenting the complexity, but he also blasted Chestnut. "Hawks get screwed in that. The other teams do well."

"Atlanta moves from No. 6 to No. 1 for Collins and Capela? I'm not fond of that move," the executive said.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2891457-its-brilliant-nba-insiders-intrigued-by-fake-3-team-trade-with-no-1-pick

I think overall the guy on BR who is running the Hawks for this just hates the Hawks and Collins. Apparently he was going to trade Collins (with Dedmon) to Dallas for 16, wright, and kluber...but backed out of it.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#345 » by Spud2nique » Sat May 30, 2020 2:21 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Image

And you said you weren’t a Celtics fan. Smh. :nonono:
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#346 » by Radioblacktive1 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:37 pm

From SportsTalkATL:
Washington Trades: G Bradley Beal

Atlanta Trades: F De’Andre Hunter, G Kevin Huerter, 2020 First Round Pick, 2020 2nd Round Pick (from Golden State, Miami, or Houston), 2022 First Round Pick (From OKC, Lottery Protected)

Article also has us picking up Teague, Skal, Harris and Jamychal Green in FAcy:
So how do these Hawks look on the court?

Starters:

G: Trae Young

G: Bradley Beal

F: Joe Harris

F: John Collins

C: Clint Capela

2nd Unit:

G: Jeff Teague

G: Cam Reddish (6th Man)

F: DeAndre Bembry

F: JaMychal Green

C: Dewayne Dedmon

Bench Rotation:

G: Brandon Goodwin

F: Skal Labissiere

C: Bruno Fernando

jayu70
RealGM

Post#347 » by jayu70 » Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:41 pm

Radioblacktive1 wrote:From SportsTalkATL:
Washington Trades: G Bradley Beal

Atlanta Trades: F De’Andre Hunter, G Kevin Huerter, 2020 First Round Pick, 2020 2nd Round Pick (from Golden State, Miami, or Houston), 2022 First Round Pick (From OKC, Lottery Protected)

Article also has us picking up Teague, Skal, Harris and Jamychal Green in FAcy:
So how do these Hawks look on the court?

Starters:

G: Trae Young

G: Bradley Beal

F: Joe Harris

F: John Collins

C: Clint Capela

2nd Unit:

G: Jeff Teague

G: Cam Reddish (6th Man)

F: DeAndre Bembry

F: JaMychal Green

C: Dewayne Dedmon

Bench Rotation:

G: Brandon Goodwin

F: Skal Labissiere

C: Bruno Fernando

I'd pass. We meed defense next to Trae.
Radioblacktive1
Senior

Post#348 » by Radioblacktive1 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:27 pm

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2896392-offseason-trade-ideas-for-every-nba-team-not-invited-to-orlando

The Trade: Clint Capela for Terry Rozier and a second-round pick

Capela hasn't had a chance to play a single game for the Atlanta Hawks, and this deal would obviously prevent him from ever doing so. But feel free to scan Atlanta's 2020-21 cap sheet and try to find movable contracts.

Dewayne Dedmon is probably the next-most-likely trade chip, but he's set to make $13.3 million next season and would be a backup 5 wherever he went. Plus, the market for centers remains saturated. In today's game, it isn't easy to find homes for these guys, even one like Dedmon who can shoot and protect the rim a little.

So, the idea here is to move Capela and transition John Collins to a full-time 5. That would allow the Hawks to play more of a spread offense in which Collins can be the screener in pick-and-roll sets or space the floor.

This season, the 22-year-old big man shot 40.1 percent from deep on 3.6 attempts per game. As a center, he opens up five-out offensive possibilities that just don't exist with Capela on the floor.

Getting Rozier back doesn't dramatically change Atlanta's cap situation. But his contract does expire one year sooner than Capela's (2022, compared to 2023), and he can take on the opposition's primary ball-handler on defense, sparing Trae Young from those assignments and saving his legs for offense.

For the Charlotte Hornets, this would be a quick about-face after signing Rozier just last summer, but the emergence of Devonte' Graham as a borderline All-Star changes the situation.

This season, the Hornets were minus-4.6 points per 100 possessions with both Rozier and Graham on the floor, compared to minus-2.6 when Graham played without Rozier.

With Graham and Capela in place, Charlotte would have the makings of a solid pick-and-roll-based attack. If it could add just one more difference-maker (more on that in the next slide), it could challenge for a return to the postseason.

Not just this Hawks trade, this entire article is awful, this writer should be ashamed of himself
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 363

Post#349 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:31 pm

If the scenario plays out this way: How about the Warriors swap #1 2020 draft pick for Atlanta's #5 + Cam Reddish?
jayu70
RealGM

Post#350 » by jayu70 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:35 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:If the scenario plays out this way: How about the Warriors swap #1 2020 draft pick for Atlanta's #5 + Cam Reddish?

Nope. Hawks are very high on Reddish. Excited for his defensive potential next to Trae and his offensive improvement in 2020 has Hawks fans salivating about his potential. No one in this draft has that attached to them.
Hawks keep Teddish and #5.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#351 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:43 pm

Who are you guys looking to draft at the moment? BPA (Best Player Available)?
jayu70
RealGM

Post#352 » by jayu70 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:46 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Who are you guys looking to draft at the moment? BPA (Best Player Available)?

No rumors (yet) that Schlenck is enamored with anyone. Last year the focus was on wing players with defensive upside.
This year, BPA wherever we land - we need backup PG, PF and wings.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst

Post#353 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:52 pm

Jeff Teague is your guys' backup PG, no? I thought he was a solid PG a couple years ago.

For us, we can possibly land top 3, so we're looking to package it with Wiggins (Though, I'd say he has a bit of upside still seeing he's only 25) for a superstar. Or roll with BPA and hope to draft a defensive wing with upside on offense (Either Vassel or Okoro).
jayu70
RealGM

Post#354 » by jayu70 » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:56 pm

AdonalFoyle4Prez wrote:Jeff Teague is your guys' backup PG, no? I thought he was a solid PG a couple years ago.

For us, we can possibly land top 3, so we're looking to package it with Wiggins (Though, I'd say he has a bit of upside still seeing he's only 25) for a superstar. Or roll with BPA and hope to draft a defensive wing with upside on offense (Either Vassel or Okoro).

Teague is a FA, but he could be brought back.
I don't think you'll get a Superstar (maybe a lower tier Star) your top 3 pick alone, adding Wiggins devalues the pick further. I think he's viewed by many as a talented but very flawed player making a lot of money. He just hasn't realized his potential as a #1 pick.
Radioblacktive1
Senior

Post#355 » by Radioblacktive1 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:20 pm

Say we punt and package the 2020 pick as well as forfeit on any chance at getting a big fish in 2021, I’ve seen Hawks fans and Youtubers throw some names out there to trade for and I wanted a yay or nay from you guys on some of them. Hypothetical trade packages/deals and explanations would be cool. Names:

Bradley Beal
Zach Lavine
Donovan Mitchell
Devin Booker
Kelly Oubre Jr.
Buddy Hield
Gary Harris
Victor Oladipo (and convince him to re-sign I guess)
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#356 » by VCfor3 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 6:59 am

Radioblacktive1 wrote:Say we punt and package the 2020 pick as well as forfeit on any chance at getting a big fish in 2021, I’ve seen Hawks fans and Youtubers throw some names out there to trade for and I wanted a yay or nay from you guys on some of them. Hypothetical trade packages/deals and explanations would be cool. Names:

Bradley Beal
Zach Lavine
Donovan Mitchell
Devin Booker
Kelly Oubre Jr.
Buddy Hield
Gary Harris

-Beal probably needs to ask for a trade first, but you guys have the picks and prospects to win the bidding contest. It'll take more than the 2020 pick but Beal would be good. At a minimum you are probably adding in Kevin and another 1st to your pick this year.
-I have no idea what it would take to get Lavine. It depends on how available he is, but I don't love his defensive fit next to Trae.
-I can't see UTA moving Mitchell. If the rift between him and Gobert is actually that bad, they'll move Gobert. Capela+ for Gobert is kinda interesting though.
-I can't see Booker available right now but he may be an option in the future if PHX doesn't improve
-Your pick this year may be enough for Oubre, but I think I'd take my chances with the draft
-I think Buddy Hield is gettable for you but don't like the fit with Trae. Your 2020 pick should be enough and honestly is probably an overpay.
-Targeting Gary Harris is interesting, but Denver feels like they'd want win-now talent as opposed to a pick. If they could use the pick to get someone they like better than Harris you have a shot.
-VO seems like he'll be back in Indy. If he isn't then what it takes to get him probably depends on the reason he isn't in Indy ha.

If Giannis leaves MIL, I'd inquire about Middleton. You'll have competition but his contract may dissuade some teams from offering too much. Josh Richardson may also be a good target especially if things go really bad in the playoffs. Philly has one heck of a tax bill next year. Thybulle could cover some of his minutes so the savings and an asset may be enough to get him.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#357 » by kg01 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 11:59 am

Radioblacktive1 wrote:Say we punt and package the 2020 pick as well as forfeit on any chance at getting a big fish in 2021, I’ve seen Hawks fans and Youtubers throw some names out there to trade for and I wanted a yay or nay from you guys on some of them. Hypothetical trade packages/deals and explanations would be cool. Names:

Bradley Beal
Zach Lavine
Donovan Mitchell
Devin Booker
Kelly Oubre Jr.
Buddy Hield
Gary Harris

Bradley Beal - not available but 'yay' for me, as long as the pkg doesn't leave us as WAS-south
Zach Lavine - heyul nawl
Donovan Mitchell - not available, would prefer a Capela-for-Gobert pkg
Devin Booker - not available unless demands trade (which he should), same as Beal for me; don't make us Suns-East
Kelly Oubre Jr. - heyul nawl
Buddy Hield - not worth the '20 pick, honestly.
Gary Harris - same as Hield for me, plus a heyul nawl because he can't stay healthy
Victor Oladipo (and convince him to re-sign I guess) - not likely available but yay - I'd take a chance despite health risk
king01 :king:
Radioblacktive1
Senior

Post#358 » by Radioblacktive1 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 7:59 pm

Honestly I like Oubre Jr the most as far as what it would it take to get him and what he brings to the table. The defense has always been there but now he can get buckets fearlessly, also think he’d be a good culture guy for Atlanta. Think he’d be an excellent defensive piece to help neutralize Trae’s defensive shortcomings. My ideal starting 5 would be Trae, Cam, Oubre, Collins, and Capela. Not bad defensively. I have no reason to believe Collins won’t continue improving defensively so all Trae would have to do is just not be awful on that end lol
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#359 » by Spud2nique » Fri Jul 3, 2020 8:47 pm

Ewbre

:razz: :uhoh: :blank: :sigh:
Radioblacktive1
Senior

Post#360 » by Radioblacktive1 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 7:39 pm

The mild backlash to an Oubre trade has forced me to lead the #TsunamiPapi2ATL campaign to the best of my ability. Photoshopped picture of Kelly in a Hawks jersey coming soon. You brought this on yourselves.

Also:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

If we MUST move Collins and Philly can’t figure out the Simmons/Embiid duo then hey...

Return to Atlanta Hawks