ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3

Moderators: dms269, HMFFL, Jamaaliver

User avatar
saloonyk8
Pro Prospect
Posts: 910
And1: 91
Joined: Jun 04, 2006

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#1161 » by saloonyk8 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:56 pm

Let's just say hypothetically we traded Gallo into someone's cap space. How much room would that give us? Enough to sign JC to 28 M and Lonzo to 22m?

Even if you could do that I'm not sure if makes a lot of sense to have JC, Lonzo and Bogi making 68M BEFORE Trae, Hunter and Reddish deals.

Just saying I think unless someone giving you real value for Gallo it doesn't make sense to me.
Commit to the process
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 7,786
And1: 1,077
Joined: Jun 27, 2005
     

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#1162 » by dms269 » Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:26 pm

saloonyk8 wrote:Let's just say hypothetically we traded Gallo into someone's cap space. How much room would that give us? Enough to sign JC to 28 M and Lonzo to 22m?

Even if you could do that I'm not sure if makes a lot of sense to have JC, Lonzo and Bogi making 68M BEFORE Trae, Hunter and Reddish deals.

Just saying I think unless someone giving you real value for Gallo it doesn't make sense to me.


Without Gallo on the books, we are sitting at $73,021,090. With the cap hold of #20 and JC, it puts us at $88,092,556. The salary cap is expected to be $112,000,000. So, technically speaking, we could have around $23,907,444 in cap space if we renounced everyone else. However, if JC signs and we match before Lonzo would sign, we would only have around $8,000,000 in space.

Gallo is gone after this next season regardless due to the cap space we need for Trae's extension. We also need to add two major backup pieces (backup pg and a backup big).
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 27,887
And1: 10,750
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#1163 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:55 am

Read on Twitter


Code: Select all

With Atlanta expected to bring back De’Andre Hunter, Bogdan Bogdanovic and Kevin Huerter on the wing, I wouldn’t expect there to be a whole bunch of minutes available for Reddish coming off a disappointing season in 2020-21.

Could the Pels figure out a way to snatch Reddish away from Atlanta in a deal centered around the No. 10 pick? New Orleans may be hesitant to give up a quality pick in a deep draft for a guy who sat most of last season with an Achilles injury. Even when he has been healthy, Reddish has struggled to establish himself on the offensive end of the court in an offense centered around Trae Young.

But once Reddish got a chance to see the court in this year’s playoffs, it was clear what kind of potential he brings as a rangy defender and a shot maker from the perimeter. He’d be an excellent fit next to Zion and Ingram on the wing. Perhaps reuniting Reddish with his former Duke teammate, Zion, could breathe some life into his career.
CP War Hawks
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,794
And1: 832
Joined: Nov 28, 2017
     

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#1164 » by CP War Hawks » Sun Jul 25, 2021 10:48 pm

Could be wrong I don't think Cam is on the block. It has to be Huerter if any validity to the report. You already have a more seasoned version of him locked in with a guard heavy draft...

If the Warriors want to give up pick 14 or Pacers pick 13, why not.
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 27,887
And1: 10,750
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#1165 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:03 am

CP War Hawks wrote:Could be wrong I don't think Cam is on the block. It has to be Huerter if any validity to the report. You already have a more seasoned version of him locked in with a guard heavy draft...

If the Warriors want to give up pick 14 or Pacers pick 13, why not.



I get the feeling Hunter is the only other untouchable beyond Trae.

Read on Twitter
CP War Hawks
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,794
And1: 832
Joined: Nov 28, 2017
     

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#1166 » by CP War Hawks » Mon Jul 26, 2021 4:31 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:Could be wrong I don't think Cam is on the block. It has to be Huerter if any validity to the report. You already have a more seasoned version of him locked in with a guard heavy draft...

If the Warriors want to give up pick 14 or Pacers pick 13, why not.



I get the feeling Hunter is the only other untouchable beyond Trae.

Read on Twitter


I mean you can tell Schlenk loves Hunter. He's a three level scorer, albeit lower level one. He can guard 1-4. Big part in why Randle couldn't get off like in the reg season.

One of the main reasons I think they are slow rolling the Collins contract is they wanna make sure the money will be there for Hunter with no tax complications.

My theory in Huerter will be in heavy convo talks all through the week.
LAL1947
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,356
And1: 722
Joined: Dec 28, 2018

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#1167 » by LAL1947 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:07 pm

Just wondering... Mavs got a $10.9m TPE from the Celtics. Would the Hawks be willing to trade Reddish for that TPE?

It expires in 31 July 2022, so could be handy when extending the young guys you want to keep long-term.
jayu70
RealGM
Posts: 13,849
And1: 10,149
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#1168 » by jayu70 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 3:35 pm

LAL1947 wrote:Just wondering... Mavs got a $10.9m TPE from the Celtics. Would the Hawks be willing to trade Reddish for that TPE?

It expires in 31 July 2022, so could be handy when extending the young guys you want to keep long-term.
No. Even if the Hawks a looking to move him, they are still looking for VALUE., not just as a salary dump.
User avatar
D21
Analyst
Posts: 3,662
And1: 419
Joined: Sep 09, 2005

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#1169 » by D21 » Tue Aug 3, 2021 6:33 pm

LAL1947 wrote:Just wondering... Mavs got a $10.9m TPE from the Celtics. Would the Hawks be willing to trade Reddish for that TPE?
It expires in 31 July 2022, so could be handy when extending the young guys you want to keep long-term.

It could help to get a player for this money while extending other or Young+Huerter starting their new contract in July 2022, but doesn't help to extend/keep them by itself if not used (and it can't be used on them but only other team players)
At this moment, Reddish potential is far more than a 11M TPE, I prefer to let him play some month under McMillan before any decision on him
ghsermon
Ballboy
Posts: 32
And1: 16
Joined: Jul 26, 2021
       

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#1170 » by ghsermon » Tue Aug 3, 2021 7:51 pm

I know inter-division trades are frowned upon, but if you don't want to invest long term money into Collins but don't want to lose him outright so that you can contend even next year do you do:

Wizards Receive:
John Collins(S&T)

Hawks Receive
Montrezl Harrell(1 year 10 mil left)
Rui Hachimura(Rookie Deal)
2022 Unprotected First Rounder(At worst in the 15-20 range) likely lottery.
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 27,887
And1: 10,750
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#1171 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Aug 3, 2021 8:44 pm

ghsermon wrote:I know inter-division trades are frowned upon, but if you don't want to invest long term money into Collins but don't want to lose him outright so that you can contend even next year do you do:

Wizards Receive:
John Collins(S&T)

Hawks Receive
Montrezl Harrell(1 year 10 mil left)
Rui Hachimura(Rookie Deal)
2022 Unprotected First Rounder(At worst in the 15-20 range) likely lottery.


Considering it is a division trade and other options exist, Hawks would likely insist on. Prey Kispert as the principal part of the deal. Even if it means expanding the trade to include Kevin Huerter.
ghsermon
Ballboy
Posts: 32
And1: 16
Joined: Jul 26, 2021
       

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#1172 » by ghsermon » Tue Aug 3, 2021 8:57 pm

Yeah good point Kispert pretty much allows you to avoid having to pay Huerter the type of money that Duncan Robinson or Gary Trent got, and delay that several years. Although unproven Rui & Kispert pretty much are Hurter and Collins but on rookie friendly deals.
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 27,887
And1: 10,750
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#1173 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Aug 3, 2021 9:13 pm

^This guy really gets me!!!
User avatar
saloonyk8
Pro Prospect
Posts: 910
And1: 91
Joined: Jun 04, 2006

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#1174 » by saloonyk8 » Fri Aug 20, 2021 7:28 pm

Apparently Hawks offered Gallo and Reddish for Ben Simmons... While I think Sixers will ultimately trade him somewhere else... Just makes it kind of clear what players and contracts the Hawks find tradeable.

Hunter probably off limits

Gallo and Reddish would be starting point for a Beal offer as well. I'm sure they want more but he is only under contract for a year. Maybe add Kev and a FRP

I hope Cam balls out the first half of season!
Commit to the process
User avatar
D21
Analyst
Posts: 3,662
And1: 419
Joined: Sep 09, 2005

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#1175 » by D21 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:28 am

saloonyk8 wrote:Apparently Hawks offered Gallo and Reddish for Ben Simmons... While I think Sixers will ultimately trade him somewhere else... Just makes it kind of clear what players and contracts the Hawks find tradeable.

Hunter probably off limits

Gallo and Reddish would be starting point for a Beal offer as well. I'm sure they want more but he is only under contract for a year. Maybe add Kev and a FRP

I hope Cam balls out the first half of season!


We signed Bogi for 18M/year, I so it's not sure at all that Kevin and Cam would get more. 18+18=36 so around what Beal males alone.
I don't see the point of trading young guys because there are chances we can't keep them later if it's for getting one guy to replace two for the same money.
Yes, they may get higher offer from other teams later, but I'm not sure this team would be better with Beal than these two guys, it's easy to see that the two teams with the games missed by their layers this last season ended up being the two in NBA Finals, and the previous season, it would have been harder for LAL to be champions if MIA have been healthier.
Having a lot of depth covers better injuries than you have only 3 great players and roster fillers. Even UTA with some depth got lost without Conley, who was the guy they need with Gobert to have a great defense. Our defense would be surely better with Cam and Kevin than with Beal alone, and I don't see Beal being able to limit a 3pts shooter like Cam.
Having the possibility to play with both Cam and DeAndre is a huge weapon if we face a team with several good shooters, at least Simmons would be a better choice regarding defense, but at the cost of loosing a 3pts shooter
Years80HAWKS
Junior
Posts: 329
And1: 42
Joined: Apr 26, 2011

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#1176 » by Years80HAWKS » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:22 pm

I believe all we needed for next season is a back up center that can play 10-12-15-18 minutes behind Capela so Collins does not have to play C when we are playing teams with two strong Cs.
Okongu can play some C, Gallinari plays the PF when Collins plays C, but a 5th big man was be desirable.
We got Dieng, who is not perfect, and not thab big, but is somebody who can accept that Okongwu plays more than him (when he is back).
Besides that, I believe we just need everybody to stay healthy and the youngsters to improve a little more. Young with Reddish, Huerter, Hunter and Bogdanovic are a lot of firepower.
Then Louis is an incredible player who can rest for 4-5 months until the PO arrive.
Wright should be a good back up for Young.
The Solomon Hill can take minutes in two positions and will be available when the injuries arrive.

YOUNG
HUERTER
HUNTER
COLLINS
CAPELA
------------------
Wright
Bogdanovic
Reddish
Gallinari
Dieng
----------------
Hill
Okongwu

I believe that one there is just a super team.
User avatar
D21
Analyst
Posts: 3,662
And1: 419
Joined: Sep 09, 2005

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#1177 » by D21 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 10:03 pm

Years80HAWKS wrote:...
YOUNG
HUERTER
HUNTER
COLLINS
CAPELA
------------------
Wright
Bogdanovic
Reddish
Gallinari
Dieng
----------------
Hill
Okongwu


Bogi agreed to sign with a starter promise. I would still start him but bench him sooner than Trae to alternate them a bit after that. After being sure that Wright is OK in his role, maybe adjust it.
It also help a bit more on the next extensions having a starter at 18M/year instead of having him coming from the bench...

I agree that we could have get more at C backup for specific teams, but I don't know if it would have been better to get a better defensive C, so to keep continuity with Capela, or get a less defensive C but with outside range to force big C to leave the paint and open it for the other. Now... a guy like Olynyl got 37M/3yrs
I also think that Okongwu will enter before some these guys
Years80HAWKS
Junior
Posts: 329
And1: 42
Joined: Apr 26, 2011

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#1178 » by Years80HAWKS » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:37 pm

D21 wrote:
Years80HAWKS wrote:...
YOUNG
HUERTER
HUNTER
COLLINS
CAPELA
------------------
Wright
Bogdanovic
Reddish
Gallinari
Dieng
----------------
Hill
Okongwu


Bogi agreed to sign with a starter promise. I would still start him but bench him sooner than Trae to alternate them a bit after that. After being sure that Wright is OK in his role, maybe adjust it.
It also help a bit more on the next extensions having a starter at 18M/year instead of having him coming from the bench...

I agree that we could have get more at C backup for specific teams, but I don't know if it would have been better to get a better defensive C, so to keep continuity with Capela, or get a less defensive C but with outside range to force big C to leave the paint and open it for the other. Now... a guy like Olynyl got 37M/3yrs
I also think that Okongwu will enter before some these guys



You are probably right.
It does not matter much these days who starts and who does not. But Bogdanovic probably plays better when starting, although his game is best suited for a bench role.

I like Dieng in what he is. Always did. He can shoot and he can rebound and run. He is no tool at all, although he lacks consistency and strength. He is not that tall to intimidate, although back up centers are not bigger and taller than he is.
User avatar
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 45,202
And1: 5,229
Joined: Mar 10, 2004

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#1179 » by HMFFL » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:32 pm

Bruno Q&A
Referred to as an anchor on defense.


Bruno Fernando on his trade to Celtics, Kevin Garnett appreciation, a tough year in Atlanta and playing to his strengths in Boston

https://www.masslive.com/celtics/2021/08/bruno-fernando-on-his-trade-to-celtics-kevin-garnett-appreciation-a-tough-year-in-atlanta-and-playing-to-his-strengths-in-boston.html

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
akhan786
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,984
And1: 1,903
Joined: Nov 10, 2015

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#1180 » by akhan786 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 9:59 pm

https://youtu.be/LaUvRGj0oGw

What would it take to get Zion? I say let them pick whomever they want not named Trae and Bogi

Return to Atlanta Hawks