ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

saloonyk8
Rookie
And1: 130

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#1461 » by saloonyk8 » Thu May 19, 2022 3:01 pm

What do you'll think would be the cost to move to #4/5 in the draft to get Jaden Ivey...he looks awesome
Commit to the process
saloonyk8
Rookie

Post#1462 » by saloonyk8 » Thu May 19, 2022 4:22 pm

Thoughts on getting D'Aron Fox as the secondary playmaker... His price would be way less than Beal, Lavine, Donovan... If those guys are even moved at all
Commit to the process
saloonyk8
Rookie

Post#1463 » by saloonyk8 » Thu May 19, 2022 4:24 pm

Would a trade like Huerter and Gallo work for Fox?

I could see Kings taking Ivey and moving on.

Trae
Fox
Hunter
Collins
Capella

OO, Bogi, JJ, Cooper bench
Commit to the process
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#1464 » by Jamaaliver » Thu May 19, 2022 4:52 pm

saloonyk8 wrote:Would a trade like Huerter and Gallo work for Fox?

I could see Kings taking Ivey and moving on.

No. Even after a down season for DeAaron Fox, he has more trade value than that.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,927

Post#1465 » by jayu70 » Thu May 19, 2022 5:12 pm

saloonyk8 wrote:What do you'll think would be the cost to move to #4/5 in the draft to get Jaden Ivey...he looks awesome

3 years ago it cost the Hawks #8, #16 2nds and $12 mil in 'bad' salary to move up to #4.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#1466 » by HMFFL » Thu May 19, 2022 5:26 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:If Hunter can stay healthy and Nate can coach a modern NBA team that exploits the talent on the team, Hunter could easily become a #2
Hunter as a #2 doesn't seem to be the case to me. I don't see the mindset or skill set from him. Maybe he developes his game greatly this off-season and proves me wrong, but keep in mind he's due an extension soon.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1467 » by HMFFL » Thu May 19, 2022 5:28 pm

saloonyk8 wrote:Thoughts on getting D'Aron Fox as the secondary playmaker... His price would be way less than Beal, Lavine, Donovan... If those guys are even moved at all
Fox is a pass for me. The Kings need to move him as well if they ever want to be a contender. He doesn't have the skill set I would want in our system and he's paid over $30 million.

D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#1468 » by D21 » Thu May 19, 2022 6:38 pm

saloonyk8 wrote:Thoughts on getting D'Aron Fox as the secondary playmaker... His price would be way less than Beal, Lavine, Donovan... If those guys are even moved at all

We absolutely don't need any one of these guy. Yes they can bring a second scorer, but it's at the cost of being even more bad on defense, while we need a wing stopper.
Fox, maybe he can improve, but adding this salary for a spot we don't need to improve a lot makes no sense.
Lavine is maybe the best one, but like predicted, we saw what the CHI defense was once Lozon Ball was out...
They are exactly the kind of overpaid guys that make you unable to win a title with them, because paying them is at the cost of a more balanced roster, unless you can add them in a high Luxury Tax team
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#1469 » by D21 » Thu May 19, 2022 6:41 pm

HMFFL wrote:
tbhawksfan1 wrote:If Hunter can stay healthy and Nate can coach a modern NBA team that exploits the talent on the team, Hunter could easily become a #2
Hunter as a #2 doesn't seem to be the case to me. I don't see the mindset or skill set from him. Maybe he developes his game greatly this off-season and proves me wrong, but keep in mind he's due an extension soon.

Unfortunately, Hunter 2nd season was a bit like Leonard 2nd season but in the 3rd, his production decreased mainly because of the defense energy that was not the same.
That's hurting because he has all the tools to be a mini-Leonard
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1470 » by Jamaaliver » Fri May 20, 2022 1:46 pm

Chris Kirchner wrote: I also wouldn’t rule out a trade up for the Hawks, especially if they want to clear some money off their books and potentially get a productive veteran in return. Sacramento at No. 4 and Portland at No. 7 could make for potential trade partners. A couple of players stand out to me in a possible trade-up scenario: Baylor’s Jeremy Sochan, G League Ignite’s Dyson Daniels and Purdue’s Jaden Ivey, in no particular order.
The Athletic

Trading with Portland at #7 makes the most sense. We could end up with either Sochan or Dyson, the two best defensive wings in the lottery, and possibly grab Josh Hart -- who we had interest in last season.

I'd love to snatch Anfernee Simons, too. But that might be asking too much. :burger:
saloonyk8
Rookie

Post#1471 » by saloonyk8 » Fri May 20, 2022 6:26 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Chris Kirchner wrote: I also wouldn’t rule out a trade up for the Hawks, especially if they want to clear some money off their books and potentially get a productive veteran in return. Sacramento at No. 4 and Portland at No. 7 could make for potential trade partners. A couple of players stand out to me in a possible trade-up scenario: Baylor’s Jeremy Sochan, G League Ignite’s Dyson Daniels and Purdue’s Jaden Ivey, in no particular order.
The Athletic

Trading with Portland at #7 makes the most sense. We could end up with either Sochan or Dyson, the two best defensive wings in the lottery, and possibly grab Josh Hart -- who we had interest in last season.

I'd love to snatch Anfernee Simons, too. But that might be asking too much. :burger:

I'm assuming we're offering Collins to Blazers to move up to 7. I don't think Collins has any value to Kings.
Commit to the process
saloonyk8
Rookie

Post#1472 » by saloonyk8 » Fri May 20, 2022 6:27 pm

I don't think Thunder will give big money to Lu Dort...I wonder what the price will be for him in trade. Would Huerter or Collins interest them?
Commit to the process
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1473 » by HMFFL » Fri May 20, 2022 11:52 pm

saloonyk8 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
The Athletic

I'm assuming we're offering Collins to Blazers to move up to 7. I don't think Collins has any value to Kings.
John Collins will draw interest from many teams but I don't believe ant teams offers us a top ten pick for him. I hope I'm wrong.

Years90Suns
Senior
And1: 280

Post#1474 » by Years90Suns » Sun May 22, 2022 8:04 am

There is an area of concern for me with this roster: we lack shooting, which is the way games are won these days.
Good teams have many players who can score from outside and centers who shoot threes.
We do not have any of those.

The Young to Capela conexion is the main one in the league. But Capela cannot shoot further than 4 feet from the rim, which is a really big disadvantage.

My thoughts would go in the way of getting at least a center who could shoot from three.

I do not know what would Orlando ask for Bamba, but he is the kind of player who, well trained, could be a really good and "modern" center.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1475 » by HMFFL » Sun May 22, 2022 12:36 pm

Years90Suns wrote:There is an area of concern for me with this roster: we lack shooting, which is the way games are won these days.
Good teams have many players who can score from outside and centers who shoot threes.
We do not have any of those.

The Young to Capela conexion is the main one in the league. But Capela cannot shoot further than 4 feet from the rim, which is a really big disadvantage.

My thoughts would go in the way of getting at least a center who could shoot from three.

I do not know what would Orlando ask for Bamba, but he is the kind of player who, well trained, could be a really good and "modern" center.
I like Bamba and like how his development is going, but Orlando probably does as well, and I expect him to have an upgraded role next season. I doubt Orlando is ready to let him go.

I also like Wendell Carter, but like Bamba, I doubt Orlando is ready to move him.

CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#1476 » by CP War Hawks » Sun May 22, 2022 2:30 pm

Always liked Bamba, I think Orl definitely wants a sign and trade, and in fact the full MLE will make them think twice about matching. If they choose Chet, it's no place for him anywhere on that roster.

You could trade Capela for the best offer, OO gets the start, and Bamba is your back up. OO and Bamba fits decently as a pair while Collins fits well with both.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,036

Post#1477 » by tbhawksfan1 » Sun May 22, 2022 4:34 pm

Replacing CC with Bamba is a very risky move for a team that was bottom three or so on defense. I think that the guys I would be willing to move would be Collins and Bog. There is value there if you can find a deal. We also have picks that can be included.

I'm usually a trade machine freak, but I got nothing for this offseason. Maybe the solution is to move two or three players for two or three players. We need better defense, more athleticism and more toughness
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#1478 » by tbhawksfan1 » Sun May 22, 2022 4:46 pm

Talking about trade board. ESPN trade board seems to think that JC is worth gold to the Hawks. For example:
JC for Sabonis trade and ATL loses 6 wins while SAC gains 8. What's up with that? Sabonis has over three point advantage on PER and I think that he would fit much better on our team.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#1479 » by Jamaaliver » Sun May 22, 2022 5:00 pm

Regarding Bamba, one of the legit sportswriters at B/R believes his days in Orlando are over:

With the Magic in position to select a top-rated big man, the franchise is now likely to move on from Mo Bamba this summer. Bamba is eligible to be a restricted free agent, but Orlando already has Wendell Carter Jr. signed long-term and is set to add another big to the mix.

If the Magic don't tender Bamba a qualifying offer, and they renounce his free agent rights (as well as the rights to players who are also unlikely to return), they can create nearly $28 million in cap space.
Bleacher Report
tbhawksfan1
Analyst

Post#1480 » by tbhawksfan1 » Sun May 22, 2022 5:18 pm

Any thoughts about something like this

ATL

JC / Bogey

for Grant / Smart / Bey

DET

Grant / Bey

for

Bogey / Theis

BOS

Smart / Theis

for

JC

BOS might not like the two for one and losing Smart. DET might not like trading Bey. Hawks fans might not like it value wise. Like I said, II'm struggling with trade ideas

Return to Atlanta Hawks