ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#161 » by Radioblacktive1 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:10 pm

safe to assume i’m the only one hoping to keep Jabari?
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#162 » by jayu70 » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:21 pm

Radioblacktive1 wrote:safe to assume i’m the only one hoping to keep Jabari?

I like him as a bench scorer at his $6 mil.
I'd move him in a heartbeat for a PG or C upgrade.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#163 » by kg01 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:56 pm

Radioblacktive1 wrote:safe to assume i’m the only one hoping to keep Jabari?

Jabarme has been trassh as a starter/heavy lifter. Perhaps, put in a bench role, he'd be better.

I'm just plain over watching him "defend". I saw a play where he left Trae to challenge a guy's dunk attempt. To his credit, at least Trae tried. Parker couldn't be bothered.
king01 :king:
Radioblacktive1
Senior

Post#164 » by Radioblacktive1 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:17 pm

Salary may be a little hefty especially for his durability but...Jrue?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Post#165 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:38 pm

Radioblacktive1 wrote:Salary may be a little hefty especially for his durability but...Jrue?

If we had a team anywhere near contention, then sure.

But way things stand now...it'd just be sending him from one bottom-feeder to another.
kg01
General Manager

Post#166 » by kg01 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:49 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Radioblacktive1 wrote:Salary may be a little hefty especially for his durability but...Jrue?

But way things stand now...it'd just be sending him from one bottom-feeder to another.

Is there a universe where we could viably end up with Adams and Jrue? Considering I don't want us to add anymore rookies. IOW, our '20 pick should be in play trade-wise.

Sorry, I'm done with rookies. D-1. d-o-n-e with rookies.

If anybody in this upcoming draft class was the next Lebron, we'd know it by now. Alls I see are a bunch-a could-be's which doesn't move the meter with me anymore.
Radioblacktive1
Senior

Post#167 » by Radioblacktive1 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:48 pm

kg01 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

Is there a universe where we could viably end up with Adams and Jrue? Considering I don't want us to add anymore rookies. IOW, our '20 pick should be in play trade-wise.

If anybody in this upcoming draft class was the next Lebron, we'd know it by now. Alls I see are a bunch-a could-be's which doesn't move the meter with me anymore.

I think this is where I’m at now. Before the season I was done with rookies just off pure excitement about what we had already picked up, but now it seems like no more rookies is the smartest approach. Edwards or Wiseman would be nice but I don’t think I’m losing sleep over them. We’ll see.
kg01
General Manager

Post#168 » by kg01 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:44 pm

Radioblacktive1 wrote:
kg01 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

I think this is where I’m at now. Before the season I was done with rookies just off pure excitement about what we had already picked up, but now it seems like no more rookies is the smartest approach. Edwards or Wiseman would be nice but I don’t think I’m losing sleep over them. We’ll see.

To me, the only rookie I want is the one not needing development to impact winning. If either of these guys fits that description, fine. If not, trade the pick.

I'm of the opinion that no one in this class can walk in and impact winning. I don't want any more multi-year prospects.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#169 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:03 pm

kg01 wrote:To me, the only rookie I want is the one not needing development to impact winning. If either of these guys fits that description, fine. If not, trade the pick.

I'm of the opinion that no one in this class can walk in and impact winning. I don't want any more multi-year prospects.

The perils of drafting one-and-done teenagers.

I don't think it's a coincidence that out of the seven players drafted by Schlenk, only 2 have been true freshmen. (Cam and Trae)

NOTE: I'm okay with trading a future pick or two to improve moving forward...but I expect it to be for more than Jrue Holiday or Steven Adams caliber-players.
Radioblacktive1
Senior

Post#170 » by Radioblacktive1 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:26 pm

I keep seeing Myles Turner’s name as a suggestion for the Hawks. I like it, don’t know how likely it is but I like it.
kg01
General Manager

Post#171 » by kg01 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:39 pm

Radioblacktive1 wrote:I keep seeing Myles Turner’s name as a suggestion for the Hawks. I like it, don’t know how likely it is but I like it.

I would've liked it last season. This year he's been pretty middling.

Get. Me. Ste. Phen. Adams. Now. Especially. If. We. Can. Get. Rid. Of. Jabarme. Parker.
Radioblacktive1
Senior

Post#172 » by Radioblacktive1 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:47 pm

I’m cool with either but if I had to pick I’d probably go with Turner just because he can space the floor with that middy he has.
kg01
General Manager

Post#173 » by kg01 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:53 pm

Radioblacktive1 wrote:I’m cool with either but if I had to pick I’d probably go with Turner just because he can space the floor with that middy he has.

I would've been right there with you if this were last season. This year, somethings off with him. Seems the Sabonis deal/role-increase has changed him. I read someone say his family has been an issue for IND too. I can't confirm that other than what some rando said online though.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#174 » by jayu70 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:41 pm

kg01 wrote:
Radioblacktive1 wrote:I keep seeing Myles Turner’s name as a suggestion for the Hawks. I like it, don’t know how likely it is but I like it.

I would've liked it last season. This year he's been pretty middling.

Get. Me. Ste. Phen. Adams. Now. Especially. If. We. Can. Get. Rid. Of. Jabarme. Parker.

I'd prefer Adams, this team NEEDS a tough guy.
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 979

Post#175 » by Geaux_Hawks » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:25 pm

Ben Simmons anybody?

I mean I would probably get a 3rd team involved or multiple deals in place to acquire a star player Philly may need. Particularly PG.

A scenario that made sense to me, was acquiring Jrue Holiday, then flipping him plus the filler Philly would want. In return, we end up with Ben Simmons. Young, star player to build with Trae. You get your secondary ball-handler/facilitator.

Hopefully we keep both Hunter & Cam so we have floor spacers, with defensive potential in small ball lineups. You're basically upgrading Collins and transitioning into win-now mode with a surefire All-NBA duo.

Find you a quality stretch big like Favors, and build a bench.
kg01
General Manager

Post#176 » by kg01 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:30 pm

Geaux_Hawks wrote:Ben Simmons anybody?

I mean I would probably get a 3rd team involved or multiple deals in place to acquire a star player Philly may need. Particularly PG.

A scenario that made sense to me, was acquiring Jrue Holiday, then flipping him plus the filler Philly would want. In return, we end up with Ben Simmons. Young, star player to build with Trae. You get your secondary ball-handler/facilitator.

Hopefully we keep both Hunter & Cam so we have floor spacers, with defensive potential in small ball lineups. You're basically upgrading Collins and transitioning into win-now mode with a surefire All-NBA duo.

Find you a quality stretch big like Favors, and build a bench.

It actually makes some sense. However, PHI is heavily infested in Simmons so I doubt they'd see the logic in it unless they flame out spectacularly in the playoffs. Which I could see happening.

Also, don't tell jamallo I said this or we both risk a deluge of posts, being brought back up by him, of me poopooing this exact idea in the offseason. :)
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#177 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:36 pm

kg01 wrote:
Geaux_Hawks wrote:Ben Simmons anybody?

It actually makes some sense. However, PHI is heavily infested in Simmons so I doubt they'd see the logic in it unless they flame out spectacularly in the playoffs. Which I could see happening.

^Beal and Simmons are the ideal star players that should be available in a year or two and would fit perfectly on this squad.

Simmons as our Draymond Green would be perfect alongside Trae and Huerter. He could, in some scenarios, basically be used just like Giannis.

NOTE: I'm not certain it's a natural fit with John Collins -- meaning we'd likely have to trade JC plus picks to incentivize trade partners.

My proposed trade on the General Board:

Spoiler:
Jamaaliver wrote:How about a 3 team trade next summer?

Principal pieces:
  • Simmons to Atlanta
  • Collins and 2 first round picks to Washington
  • Beal, Troy Brown and Mo Wagner to Philly

Wizards get younger pieces to build around.
76ers get a floor spacing combo guard to create for himself and others in tight moments.
Hawks get a point forward next to Trae as they complete their Golden State Warriors knock off.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#178 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:51 pm

NBA Trade Ideas for League's Most Desperate Buyers

Bulls: DeAndre' Bembry, Bruno Fernando
Hawks: Kris Dunn

Spoiler:

You'd think having five point guards on your roster would at the very least lead to a well-run offense.

Not in Chicago.

Despite having Tomas Satoransky, Kris Dunn, Coby White, Shaquille Harrison and Ryan Arcidiacono, the Bulls rank 29th in the league in offensive rating. Instead of acquiring yet another point guard, they should declutter the roster and send one away, and it should be Dunn.

Coming into the season, Dunn was thought to be on his way out. The Bulls drafted White and signed Satoransky this summer, and the trade market around Dunn seemed relatively healthy. However, he remained on the roster and has responded with the best basketball of his career, leading the NBA in steals and making 52.2 percent of his two-pointers.

Dunn is also an impending free agent and his trade value has peaked, so the Bulls should move on from him as soon as possible. Few teams need defensive help more than the Hawks, and Dunn could be an excellent counterpoint to Trae Young, who is an offensive juggernaut but almost could not be worse on defense.

For Chicago, Bembry is the enticing return. His stats don't necessarily jump off the page, but he is an efficient two-point scorer and point forward-type who does exactly what's asked of him and no more. For a Bulls team that is still trying to figure out its offensive hierarchy and identity, that kind of consistency is necessary.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#179 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:57 pm

kg01 wrote:To me, the only rookie I want is the one not needing development to impact winning. If either of these guys fits that description, fine. If not, trade the pick.

Thoughts on trading a top draft pick for this guy? :love:

Read on Twitter
kg01
General Manager

Post#180 » by kg01 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:51 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

Thoughts on trading a top draft pick for this guy? :love:

Read on Twitter

The Nets' pick or something? I guess.

Return to Atlanta Hawks