Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#621 » by D21 » Fri Nov 6, 2020 2:28 am

Small rumors (or speculations) about ATL being interested by Holiday or Beal :
The bidding for Holiday and Beal figures to center on Denver, Golden State, and Brooklyn -- and to some extent Atlanta, Miami, and Dallas. The Hawks might try nabbing Holiday using their No. 6 pick -- which they would be open to trading for veteran help, per several sources -- but I don't see that alone getting it done. Would they attach one of their young wings?

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30221719/giannis-antetokounmpo-future-all-star-trades-nba-draft-everything-else-watch-offseason

There's also a part on Gobert, and I think that with Capela, ATL is certainly the team able to offer a C with one of the best performance/contract ratio
You can concoct fun Gobert trades with Boston (Marcus Smart, Robert Williams III, and picks), Atlanta, Sacramento, Washington, Brooklyn, and even the LA Clippers (with Ivica Zubac going back to Utah), but I'm not sure how realistic they are. For one, Utah will need a quality starting center back or risk imploding on defense. Several teams are wary of Gobert's next deal.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,597

Post#622 » by NYG » Fri Nov 6, 2020 2:33 am

jayu70 wrote:
NYG wrote:This obviously assumes Atlanta doesn't like what is on the board for them at 6...

Would they have any interest in a Culver + 17 for 6 deal? I'm just trying to think of a move that better fits their timeline than an expiring veteran.

I'm not.

If the Hawks shopping 6 rumors have legs, who are some of the consensus vets that most Hawks fans seem to agree on?
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#623 » by jayu70 » Fri Nov 6, 2020 2:45 am

NYG wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
NYG wrote:This obviously assumes Atlanta doesn't like what is on the board for them at 6...

Would they have any interest in a Culver + 17 for 6 deal? I'm just trying to think of a move that better fits their timeline than an expiring veteran.

I'm not.

If the Hawks shopping 6 rumors have legs, who are some of the consensus vets that most Hawks fans seem to agree on?

I wish there was a consensus vet mentioned between Hawks fans. Most Hawks fans would prefer we keep #6, use our $42 million in capspace to sign FAs or trade for quality NBA players to fill in the roster, while giving the young core a real chance to further develop.

Not interested in any player on 1 year deals like Dipo and Holiday.
Guys like Hield, Lavine have been thrown out, but I don't like the fit next to Trae.
I've made several references to White or Murray and #11 for #6 from SAS,
I'm interested in Jrue if he picks up his option and negotiate an extension. If no extension pick up I'd push to get #13 back as insurance if he doesn't resign.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,597

Post#624 » by NYG » Fri Nov 6, 2020 2:50 am

jayu70 wrote:
NYG wrote:
jayu70 wrote:I'm not.

I wish there was a consensus vet mentioned between Hawks fans. Most Hawks fans would prefer we keep #6, use our $42 million in capspace to sign FAs or trade for quality NBA players to fill in the roster, while giving the young core a real chance to further develop.

Guys like Hield, Lavine have been thrown out, but I don't like the fit next to Trae.
I'm interested in Jrue if he picks up his option and negotiate an extension. If no extension pick up I'd push to get #13 back as insurance if he doesn't resign.

Yeah it's a weird trade market this off-season. What if Morey goes all-in on a Simmons for Harden trade... What would you offer for Ben Simmons if the Rockets preferred the flexibility including Atlanta in the deal provides?

Something like...

Matisse Thybulle and Ben Simmons to Atlanta

Whatever Atlanta Trades and Philadelphia Salary Filler and Picks to Houston

Harden to Philly
jayu70
RealGM

Post#625 » by jayu70 » Fri Nov 6, 2020 3:23 am

NYG wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
NYG wrote:

Yeah it's a weird trade market this off-season. What if Morey goes all-in on a Simmons for Harden trade... What would you offer for Ben Simmons if the Rockets preferred the flexibility including Atlanta in the deal provides?

Something like...

Matisse Thybulle and Ben Simmons to Atlanta

Whatever Atlanta Trades and Philadelphia Salary Filler and Picks to Houston

Harden to Philly
It would start with Collins,#6 plus. You can keep Thybulle, not much shooting there especially with Simmons playing PF next to Capela, the lane is gonna be clogged for Trae.
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#626 » by Radioblacktive1 » Fri Nov 6, 2020 10:43 am

Would be sad to see Collins go but if it means Simmons, my heart will go on. I do wonder what it would take to keep Collins and gain Simmons, that 4-5 combo would be kinda sick if Ben can play C at all. Whatever.

I’m partial to the Oubre+10 trade still, followed by the Walker/White/Murray + 11 trade. I don’t think any of us are adamantly against these vet names floating around but we are against trading out of the first round completely for players that likely don’t have their long term sights set in Atlanta. The trade down scenarios just make the most sense if we’re moving that pick.

My dream scenario? Ballmer panics early about the Clippers future and sells high (or low depending on how you feel about him) on Paul George for a package of picks. PG would be fantastic next to Trae and we get at least two years of him because he would likely pick up his PO next year. Not a chance I know but let me dream.
raleigh
Head Coach
And1: 509

Post#627 » by raleigh » Fri Nov 6, 2020 3:49 pm

I'd prefer to trade back with the Suns for Oubre. Or try to pry White or Murray from SAS.
Bluvelvet84
Ballboy
And1: 4

Post#628 » by Bluvelvet84 » Sun Nov 8, 2020 9:22 pm

Would anybody do a #6 for Dinwiddie and #19?

He has always been thrusted into the starting position more times than they would have hoped for in his time with Brooklyn. The perfect role for him would be in a 6th man capacity. Becomes PG when Trae needs a rest and carves 10-15 minutes at SG. I'm aware he doesn't have the best defense, but he would improve our offense output when trae is out. His salary is far more palatable @ 11mil this year and 12.3 in 2021.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#629 » by jayu70 » Sun Nov 8, 2020 9:30 pm

Bluvelvet84 wrote:Would anybody do a #6 for Dinwiddie and #19?

He has always been thrusted into the starting position more times than they would have hoped for in his time with Brooklyn. The perfect role for him would be in a 6th man capacity. Becomes PG when Trae needs a rest and carves 10-15 minutes at SG. I'm aware he doesn't have the best defense, but he would improve our offense output when trae is out. His salary is far more palatable @ 11mil this year and 12.3 in 2021.

No. His ability to opt out after next season is a non-starter.
If the pick was higher and he picked up his option, I'd be interested.
Bluvelvet84
Ballboy

Post#630 » by Bluvelvet84 » Mon Nov 9, 2020 3:38 pm

Oladipo/Hayward/Jru/D.White/Oubre all would be on expiring deals next year as well. Getting good vet with the 6th pick is gonna require eating major money in an expiring year. He would be a good fit, and likely15-20 mill cheaper than anyone we would be looking to get by trade. More money to save and or fortify bench.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#631 » by jayu70 » Mon Nov 9, 2020 3:51 pm

Bluvelvet84 wrote:Oladipo/Hayward/Jru/D.White/Oubre all would be on expiring deals next year as well. Getting good vet with the 6th pick is gonna require eating major money in an expiring year. He would be a good fit, and likely15-20 mill cheaper than anyone we would be looking to get by trade. More money to save and or fortify bench.

I don't mind taking on vet money for the 6th pick, it just has to be a player that has a longer term contract to maintain some continuity and grow with the young team.
I disagree with trading the 6th for an expiring deal, even it is keeps the capsheet clear for the following offseason. FAcy is a gamble and if you miss on your FA target, then you are out the #6 and the player you traded for who walked. That to me is not good asset management.
Bluvelvet84
Ballboy

Post#632 » by Bluvelvet84 » Mon Nov 9, 2020 4:06 pm

I can respect that. I feel better about the risk if picks are swapped in any deal. Not many super stars in this draft, but its deep with quality role players. Schlenk is a talented evaluator. We could still snag talent late even while taking such a risk that will make our team more competitive immediately
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#633 » by D21 » Mon Nov 9, 2020 6:58 pm

I have a problem with the possibility of trading the 6th pick for a vet.
Does any of the vet available will fix the fact that ATL was to relying on Trae and needed a PG who ideally can defend more than Haliburton or Hayes ? Maybe in the first year, yes, but for the next several years ?...
So I hope it trading the 6th pick would be for more than just being sure to make the playoffs, because even if they are rookie, both guys would improve the team, and we're talking about a team that without suspension or injuries would certainly have been able to get a playoffs spot last season or almost get, so one year later, with Capela added, and a 6th pick fixing all the PG problem...
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#634 » by Radioblacktive1 » Mon Nov 9, 2020 7:11 pm

Bluvelvet84 wrote:I can respect that. I feel better about the risk if picks are swapped in any deal. Not many super stars in this draft, but its deep with quality role players. Schlenk is a talented evaluator. We could still snag talent late even while taking such a risk that will make our team more competitive immediately

10ubre or 11urray are the moves to make. I would like some recognition for the display of creative typing I just gave.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#635 » by jayu70 » Mon Nov 9, 2020 7:14 pm

D21 wrote:I have a problem with the possibility of trading the 6th pick for a vet.
Does any of the vet available will fix the fact that ATL was to relying on Trae and needed a PG who ideally can defend more than Haliburton or Hayes ? Maybe in the first year, yes, but for the next several years ?...
So I hope it trading the 6th pick would be for more than just being sure to make the playoffs, because even if they are rookie, both guys would improve the team, and we're talking about a team that without suspension or injuries would certainly have been able to get a playoffs spot last season or almost get, so one year later, with Capela added, and a 6th pick fixing all the PG problem...

If it's a vet like Capela (26 year) that will be with the team long term, I take no issue. The vet doesn't have to be 30 years old. I’ve long been an advocate of a deal with the Spurs for Dejounte Murray and #11 for #6. That's the kind of deal I like.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#636 » by kg01 » Mon Nov 9, 2020 7:30 pm

Hmm, the impression I have on Dinwiddie is he comes with most of the problems Kyrie has but none of the talent. He's a no-go for me. Maybe I'm wrong. Eh, I'm probably wrong. Ah well ...
king01 :king:
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#637 » by Spud2nique » Mon Nov 9, 2020 8:26 pm

If Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart were not on the Celtics I’d be making 17 deals a day involving either. Both are game changers and both would fit well with us. I know, I know what your thinking,

“Spud, why don’t you come up with 3 way deals that get them to the Hawks?”

I’M NOT DOIN YALLS JOB BRAAAAAAD or lwippin. You fkin do it! :lol:
jayu70
RealGM

Post#638 » by jayu70 » Mon Nov 9, 2020 11:57 pm

They're at it again, smh....NO, Just No!
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#639 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:37 am

jayu70 wrote:They're at it again, smh....NO, Just No!

1. That would set our rebuild back by years.

2. That trade proposal...isn't terrible. We'd have cap space free with Collins gone, so we could sign Danilo Gallinari (or Davis Bertans) as a stretch-4 next to Capela.

And with Edwards, Toppin and Cam coming off the bench...we'd have future All-Stars at 4 different positions.

And with a starting of Trae, Huerter, Hunter, Capela and FA Stretch-4 -- we'd still contend for the 8th spot.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#640 » by jayu70 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 2:47 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
jayu70 wrote:They're at it again, smh....NO, Just No!

1. That would set our rebuild back by years.

2. That trade proposal...isn't terrible. We'd have cap space free with Collins gone, so we could sign Danilo Gallinari (or Davis Bertans) as a stretch-4 next to Capela.

And with Edwards, Toppin and Cam coming off the bench...we'd have future All-Stars at 4 different positions.

And with a starting of Trae, Huerter, Hunter, Capela and FA Stretch-4 -- we'd still contend for the 8th spot.

You should have stopped after #1.
With Collins current salary at $2.6 mil, we still have capspace, even if we resign him this offseason, his new salary won't kick in this year. Also the #2 and #6 combined equals more than Collins' current salary. What if after making that trade FAs determined we are taking a step back in our rebuild and bypass us all together.

Return to Atlanta Hawks