Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#641 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:21 am

jayu70 wrote:You should have stopped after #1.

With Collins current salary at $2.6 mil, we still have capspace, even if we resign him this offseason, his new salary won't kick in this year. Also the #2 and #6 combined equals more than Collins' current salary. What if after making that trade FAs determined we are taking a step back in our rebuild and bypass us all together.

Ehh, if Collins gets extended this offseason, his new salary complicates things for us moving forward.
Spoiler:

Code: Select all

Because he was drafted with the No. 19 pick in 2017, Collins has a $12.4 million free agent hold in 2021. An extension starting at $25 million would cost Atlanta $12.5 million in flexibility.

If the Hawks spend $30 million on free-agent salaries that extend into 2021-22, they will have up to $30 million in room, including Collins' free-agent hold. An extension would shrink that number.
FAs don't have a ton of choices this offseason. With only a handful of teams willing to spend big money in 2020 Free Agency, we'd have our say so and could still feature a team of talented, young players even with Collins gone.

The hard truth is, Collins isn't the cleanest fit next to Capela. Moving JC for a young, cheap star SG and replacing Collins with an equivalent on a rookie deal ain't a bad approach.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#642 » by jayu70 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:31 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
jayu70 wrote:You should have stopped after #1.

With Collins current salary at $2.6 mil, we still have capspace, even if we resign him this offseason, his new salary won't kick in this year. Also the #2 and #6 combined equals more than Collins' current salary. What if after making that trade FAs determined we are taking a step back in our rebuild and bypass us all together.

Ehh, if Collins gets extended this offseason, his new salary complicates things for us moving forward.
Spoiler:

Because he was drafted with the No. 19 pick in 2017, Collins has a $12.4 million free agent hold in 2021. An extension starting at $25 million would cost Atlanta $12.5 million in flexibility.

If the Hawks spend $30 million on free-agent salaries that extend into 2021-22, they will have up to $30 million in room, including Collins' free-agent hold. An extension would shrink that number.

FAs don't have a ton of choices this offseason. With only a handful of teams willing to spend big money in 2020 Free Agency, we'd have our say so and could still feature a team of talented, young players even with Collins gone.

The hard truth is, Collins isn't the cleanest fit next to Capela. Moving JC for a young, cheap star SG and replacing Collins with an equivalent on a rookie deal ain't a bad approach.

Going forward beyond 2022, yes. Collins RFA caphold next offseason is $12 million which is still less than #2 and #6 picks combined. His actually salary is added AFTER you sign FAs in the 2021/22 offseason, so it would not reduce the available capspace.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#643 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:39 am

jayu70
RealGM

Post#644 » by jayu70 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 3:42 am

Jamaaliver wrote:Image

Still confused huh, it's ok :D
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#645 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:00 am

I'd have to strongly consider a move for Wendell. His injury history is really concerning, but he'd fit well next to Collins long term. If we were moving the #6 pick for him, I might ask for a 2nd rounder this year, also.

Bulls Like Lauri Markkanen More Than Wendell Carter

The Chicago Bulls have been linked with potentially trading up from No. 4 for LaMelo Ball in which they can package that pick and either Lauri Markkanen or Wendell Carter in a deal. "I've heard [they're] fans of LaMelo," said Jonathan Givony on The Lowe Post. "They do have some really good pieces in place. I'm hearing that they like Lauri Markkanen a lot more right now than Wendell Carter. That he's more of an untouchable.

"Wendell has been a little bit disappointing so far, his first two years. I think it's way too early to give up on him. I think he's going to be a stud when it's all said and done. I think he's at least a starter in the NBA, if not a really good starter."
RealGM Wiretap
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#646 » by Spud2nique » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:34 am

Jamaaliver wrote:I'd have to strongly consider a move for Wendell. His injury history is really concerning, but he'd fit well next to Collins long term. If we were moving the #6 pick for him, I might ask for a 2nd rounder this year, also.

Bulls Like Lauri Markkanen More Than Wendell Carter

The Chicago Bulls have been linked with potentially trading up from No. 4 for LaMelo Ball in which they can package that pick and either Lauri Markkanen or Wendell Carter in a deal. "I've heard [they're] fans of LaMelo," said Jonathan Givony on The Lowe Post. "They do have some really good pieces in place. I'm hearing that they like Lauri Markkanen a lot more right now than Wendell Carter. That he's more of an untouchable.

"Wendell has been a little bit disappointing so far, his first two years. I think it's way too early to give up on him. I think he's going to be a stud when it's all said and done. I think he's at least a starter in the NBA, if not a really good starter."
RealGM Wiretap

Okongwu>>>Wendell Just keep the 6th and pick big O.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#647 » by D21 » Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:00 am

jayu70 wrote:
D21 wrote:I have a problem with the possibility of trading the 6th pick for a vet.
Does any of the vet available will fix the fact that ATL was to relying on Trae and needed a PG who ideally can defend more than Haliburton or Hayes ? Maybe in the first year, yes, but for the next several years ?...
So I hope it trading the 6th pick would be for more than just being sure to make the playoffs, because even if they are rookie, both guys would improve the team, and we're talking about a team that without suspension or injuries would certainly have been able to get a playoffs spot last season or almost get, so one year later, with Capela added, and a 6th pick fixing all the PG problem...

If it's a vet like Capela (26 year) that will be with the team long term, I take no issue. The vet doesn't have to be 30 years old. I’ve long been an advocate of a deal with the Spurs for Dejounte Murray and #11 for #6. That's the kind of deal I like.

Would prefer this kind of trade too, except White would be better than Murray.
With White, SAS got 3pts more on offense on 100 poss. and same defense. With Murray, the defense allow 2.5pts more, and the offense is 4pts lower. White is also a better individual defender with 16.6 PER for direct opponent, while Murray allow 23.3
Note that Murray was bad on defense at both PG and SG, and produce more at SG than PG, while White produce more at SG than PG too, with less production than Murray, but defends way better at PG than Murray, and even more at SG
So the only one of these two guys able to defend correctly at PG is White

Now, according to 82games, we need a better defense at PG, but we need it more at C, which will certainly be fixed by Capela, and at SF, more than at SG. We also had bad production at SG and SF :
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#648 » by Spud2nique » Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:35 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/260174/Knicks-Dying-To-Select-Obi-Toppin

This is where we swoop in and trade 6 for 8 and get an asset from the Knicks for the future. Banking on the Knicks to continue being stupid.

:lol: They are dyyyyyyyin to draft less defense! :lol: Only the Knicks. Their owner is a schmuck!
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#649 » by Radioblacktive1 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:52 am

It is entirely too quiet in here.

From B/R:

Phoenix Suns trade: Devin Booker, Kelly Oubre Jr.

Atlanta Hawks trade: Cam Reddish, De'Andre Hunter, No. 6 pick, 2021 first-rounder, 2022 protected first-rounder (via OKC)

The Atlanta Hawks are one of the few teams sitting on significant cap space this offseason. They could agree to pick for the Suns at No. 6 and finish a deal for Booker once the 2020-21 league year begins (approximately a week later).

The Suns would immediately shed significant salary in Booker and Oubre while taking back much cheaper contracts in Reddish (No. 10 in 2019), Hunter (No. 4 in 2019) and the No. 6 pick in the upcoming NBA draft. With that pick, Phoenix would have a chance to add a highly regarded prospect like Devin Vassell, Onyeka Okongwu, Deni Avdija or Killian Hayes.

Along with the incoming talent, the Suns would be able to keep the rights to Dario Saric (a restricted free agent) and still have $35 million in cap room to spend in free agency.

Meanwhile, the Hawks would add an explosive veteran scorer in Booker next to Young without giving up John Collins or Kevin Huerter. Atlanta would likely leap from the lottery into playoff contention, as Booker and Young would be a nightmare to defend.

If this trade configuration isn't suitable for the Suns, the Hawks' cap space makes it simple to substitute pieces like Collins for Hunter or Huerter for Reddish, etc. Phoenix would need to evaluate if Collins and center Deandre Ayton would be the right fit together, especially with Collins eligible for an extension this offseason.

Thanks to their cap flexibility, the Hawks might be the ideal trade partner for the Suns if Booker is pushing to leave Phoenix.

Replace Cam with Kev and I am 100% taking this deal and I am not looking back.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#650 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:51 am

Draft Day Trade proposed by The Ringer:

Trade: The Hawks send no. 6 to the Wizards for no. 9, no. 37, and Troy Brown Jr.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#651 » by jayu70 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:55 am

Suns and Thinder talking trade of CP3 to Suns. I would like the Hawks to explore somehow getting Ricky Rubio in a 3 way deal.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#652 » by jayu70 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:02 am

Jamaaliver wrote:Draft Day Trade proposed by The Ringer:

Trade: The Hawks send no. 6 to the Wizards for no. 9, no. 37, and Troy Brown Jr.

Is this the right link? I don't see the the trade.
Interesting none the less...saw this somewhere else yesterday (rumored insider info from HSquawk)
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#653 » by Spud2nique » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:27 am

Jamaaliver wrote:Draft Day Trade proposed by The Ringer:

No way. We can do better. Plus I hate Troy Brown.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#654 » by D21 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:41 pm

jayu70 wrote:Suns and Thinder talking trade of CP3 to Suns. I would like the Hawks to explore somehow getting Ricky Rubio in a 3 way deal.

Not a bad idea if we don't expect to draft a PG
Rubio was impriving both offense and defense for PHX, has size to play PG and SG paired with Trae...
raleigh
Head Coach
And1: 507

Post#655 » by raleigh » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:32 pm

I've always liked Rubio. That's a big hit to the 2021 space, though.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#656 » by jayu70 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:50 pm

raleigh wrote:I've always liked Rubio. That's a big hit to the 2021 space, though.

Depends on what we do with the rest of our capspace ($42 mil) this year, if we delay extending JC, do we sign large 1 year deals or other long term contracts and most importantly what the expected Cap projection is for the 2021/22 season. I read it can be anywhere from as little $112 million to as much as $120 million.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#657 » by Spud2nique » Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:45 pm

Per BR

Multiple teams are reportedly interested in acquiring the No. 6 overall pick in the 2020 NBA draft from the Atlanta Hawks.

According to Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer, the Minnesota Timberwolves, New Orleans Pelicans and Boston Celtics are among the teams who would like to move up in a trade with the Hawks.

O'Connor specifically reported that the T-Wolves have discussed sending the No. 17 overall pick and 2019 first-round selection Jarrett Culver to Atlanta for No. 6 overall.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,031

Post#658 » by tbhawksfan1 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:30 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Per BR

Multiple teams are reportedly interested in acquiring the No. 6 overall pick in the 2020 NBA draft from the Atlanta Hawks.

According to Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer, the Minnesota Timberwolves, New Orleans Pelicans and Boston Celtics are among the teams who would like to move up in a trade with the Hawks.

O'Connor specifically reported that the T-Wolves have discussed sending the No. 17 overall pick and 2019 first-round selection Jarrett Culver to Atlanta for No. 6 overall.

Culver had a very difficult year. Broken shot too. Value seems ok based on his draft slot, but with Cam and Heurt on board I don't like it
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#659 » by Spud2nique » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:36 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Per BR

Culver had a very difficult year. Broken shot too. Value seems ok based on his draft slot, but with Cam and Heurt on board I don't like it

It does seem like a lot of redundancy. The value is there though. Culver was the 6th pick in a good draft last year. Good value trade for us but unless we are flipping Huerter in a separate deal, it’s crowded.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#660 » by Spud2nique » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:37 pm

He did pin a Spalding on the mascot hater’s forehead though on this. :lol:

Return to Atlanta Hawks