ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3

Moderators: Jamaaliver, dms269, HMFFL

Spud2nique
Head Coach
Posts: 7,143
And1: 4,327
Joined: Jul 01, 2017

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#661 » by Spud2nique » Wed Nov 11, 2020 4:44 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
GO HAWKS!!! :thumbsup:
tbhawksfan1
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,637
And1: 709
Joined: May 23, 2015

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#662 » by tbhawksfan1 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:09 pm

Looks like Hawks trade rumors are heating up with NO, BOS and Minny.

NO would likely be Jrue with from what I hear a bit more added from Hawks side. Jrue might not be a rental if he doesn't opt out second year. I think he has a PO

BOS could be interesting picking up #14, another FRP (likely #30) and a rookie contract like Langford or G Williams

Minny seems to be #17 + Culver

Schlenk might find something he likes. A lot of good value deals. Little iffy on the Jrue deal cause of age and contract. I know we ready to compete but rather get vets using $ than young assets. #6 is a lot to give up for a short-term player
tbhawksfan1
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,637
And1: 709
Joined: May 23, 2015

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#663 » by tbhawksfan1 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:16 pm

If BOS would do a 3 for 1 I think I'd be all over that.

Langford / Pokuševski / Tre Jones maybe for #6 (Haliburton) hard to pass on that. Pok and T Jones given as examples available near those picks.
Spud2nique
Head Coach
Posts: 7,143
And1: 4,327
Joined: Jul 01, 2017

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#664 » by Spud2nique » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:47 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:Looks like Hawks trade rumors are heating up with NO, BOS and Minny.

NO would likely be Jrue with from what I hear a bit more added from Hawks side. Jrue might not be a rental if he doesn't opt out second year. I think he has a PO

BOS could be interesting picking up #14, another FRP (likely #30) and a rookie contract like Langford or G Williams

Minny seems to be #17 + Culver

Schlenk might find something he likes. A lot of good value deals. Little iffy on the Jrue deal cause of age and contract. I know we ready to compete but rather get vets using $ than young assets. #6 is a lot to give up for a short-term player


Grant Williams is an ideally girthy guy to grow with Trae. Dude is a baller and proved it in his rookie year. He would be the inexpensive version of Trez for us if we don’t wanna spend in FA.
GO HAWKS!!! :thumbsup:
Spud2nique
Head Coach
Posts: 7,143
And1: 4,327
Joined: Jul 01, 2017

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#665 » by Spud2nique » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:48 pm

I’ve been asking for birth for a minute now...


:cry:


Girth and a big dose of vitamin D! :lol:

HAWKS!!!!!
GO HAWKS!!! :thumbsup:
User avatar
D21
Analyst
Posts: 3,266
And1: 270
Joined: Sep 09, 2005

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#666 » by D21 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:17 pm

If any of the 17th pick or Culver are not added to a trade, do the team end being better with Culver+player picked at 17, or with any player we can pick at 6 ?
I think the 6th pick can bring a better value, a player with better impact than the combo of 17th+Culver

And fore sure, there's something I like is the 3pts% of Culver, increasing all last season and finishing at 42.4 on the last 11 games, but there's something I don't like at all : his 44% on the FT line... just for that, it's a no
kg01
Head Coach
Posts: 6,438
And1: 8,562
Joined: Jun 28, 2017
 

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#667 » by kg01 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:54 pm

Boston has no young players we should want. Let them keep those 3 1sts, more rookies does nothing for us.
king01 :king:
vtime
Pro Prospect
Posts: 892
And1: 83
Joined: May 29, 2006
Location: SAINT LOUIS, MO

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#668 » by vtime » Thu Nov 12, 2020 3:05 pm

Westbrook would get ATL back to the playoffs. Hawks have the cap room. Ofcourse you would ship out Capela because he was in Russ’ way in Houston.

Hawks receive: Russell Westbrook, PJ Tucker

Rockets receive: Clint Capela, Dewayne Dedmon, Kevin Huerter.

Starting 5 for Hawks
G Young
G Westbrook
F Hunter/Reddish
F Collins
F Tucker

And because you sent out 30+ million in salary in the trade, you still have a lot of cap space to add a top shelf starter or multiple bench pieces.
Spud2nique
Head Coach
Posts: 7,143
And1: 4,327
Joined: Jul 01, 2017

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#669 » by Spud2nique » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:02 pm

vtime wrote:Westbrook would get ATL back to the playoffs. Hawks have the cap room. Ofcourse you would ship out Capela because he was in Russ’ way in Houston.

Hawks receive: Russell Westbrook, PJ Tucker

Rockets receive: Clint Capela, Dewayne Dedmon, Kevin Huerter.

Starting 5 for Hawks
G Young
G Westbrook
F Hunter/Reddish
F Collins
F Tucker

And because you sent out 30+ million in salary in the trade, you still have a lot of cap space to add a top shelf starter or multiple bench pieces.


There’s only 1 ball and Westbrook needs 2 by himself. Pass.
GO HAWKS!!! :thumbsup:
Radioblacktive1
Senior
Posts: 677
And1: 541
Joined: Jun 26, 2017
   

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#670 » by Radioblacktive1 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:50 pm

vtime wrote:Westbrook would get ATL back to the playoffs. Hawks have the cap room. Ofcourse you would ship out Capela because he was in Russ’ way in Houston.

Hawks receive: Russell Westbrook, PJ Tucker

Rockets receive: Clint Capela, Dewayne Dedmon, Kevin Huerter.

Starting 5 for Hawks
G Young
G Westbrook
F Hunter/Reddish
F Collins
F Tucker

And because you sent out 30+ million in salary in the trade, you still have a lot of cap space to add a top shelf starter or multiple bench pieces.


oh you’re going to jail for a long time pal
vtime
Pro Prospect
Posts: 892
And1: 83
Joined: May 29, 2006
Location: SAINT LOUIS, MO

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#671 » by vtime » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:22 pm

It makes sense. He’s easily got 2 elite years left, and in year 3 the massive expiring contract becomes a massive trade chip.
kg01
Head Coach
Posts: 6,438
And1: 8,562
Joined: Jun 28, 2017
 

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#672 » by kg01 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:09 pm

vtime wrote:It makes sense. He’s easily got 2 elite years left, and in year 3 the massive expiring contract becomes a massive trade chip.


It doesn't make basketball sense. The pieces don't fit.
king01 :king:
vtime
Pro Prospect
Posts: 892
And1: 83
Joined: May 29, 2006
Location: SAINT LOUIS, MO

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#673 » by vtime » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:58 pm

It absolutely does. You want to make the playoffs, he will get you there for certain. In addition you get all your young guys valuable playoff experience, vital to their development. He bridges the gap for 2 years until your young guys are ready to carry the team and then in year 3 you trade his expiring contract to a team looking to give value to for cap space.
Radioblacktive1
Senior
Posts: 677
And1: 541
Joined: Jun 26, 2017
   

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#674 » by Radioblacktive1 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:33 pm

A low BBIQ slashing PG who can’t shoot and wants to run the show is not good to have around this developing team. And no way in hell we have Tucker replace Capela who we just acquired so we can have the same rebounding issues we’ve always had. A hard no thanks.
User avatar
D21
Analyst
Posts: 3,266
And1: 270
Joined: Sep 09, 2005

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#675 » by D21 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:38 pm

vtime wrote:Westbrook would get ATL back to the playoffs...

... and loose in the first or second round for the next years to come, destroying the rebuild in one trade.
CP War Hawks
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,343
And1: 587
Joined: Nov 28, 2017
     

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#676 » by CP War Hawks » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:55 pm

Hmmm... AG and pick 15 for pick 6 has me somewhat intrigued, especially if they can get a very good package back for Collins.
kg01
Head Coach
Posts: 6,438
And1: 8,562
Joined: Jun 28, 2017
 

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#677 » by kg01 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:06 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:Hmmm... AG and pick 15 for pick 6 has me somewhat intrigued, especially if they can get a very good package back for Collins.


AG to Collins is several steps down in play with several steps up in money. Yikes. I'll just keep and pay Collins and the 6 pick, please.
king01 :king:
kg01
Head Coach
Posts: 6,438
And1: 8,562
Joined: Jun 28, 2017
 

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#678 » by kg01 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:07 pm

vtime wrote:It absolutely does. You want to make the playoffs, he will get you there for certain. In addition you get all your young guys valuable playoff experience, vital to their development. He bridges the gap for 2 years until your young guys are ready to carry the team and then in year 3 you trade his expiring contract to a team looking to give value to for cap space.


It gets you a token playoff appearance while stunting everyone's growth, including Trae, because all they'd be doing is watching the Westbrook show. And probably fighting with him the whole time.

Juice not worth the squeeze.
king01 :king:
jayu70
RealGM
Posts: 11,652
And1: 8,446
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#679 » by jayu70 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:10 pm

vtime wrote:It absolutely does. You want to make the playoffs, he will get you there for certain. In addition you get all your young guys valuable playoff experience, vital to their development. He bridges the gap for 2 years until your young guys are ready to carry the team and then in year 3 you trade his expiring contract to a team looking to give value to for cap space.

Westbrook is asking for a trade so 'he an go back to playing like he did on OKC', which is dominating the ball. He didn't like playing with Harded, you think he'll be any happier playing with Trae? Taking the ball out of Trae's hand will stunt the growth of the rest of the young team.
Pass.
jayu70
RealGM
Posts: 11,652
And1: 8,446
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#680 » by jayu70 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:13 pm

CP War Hawks wrote:Hmmm... AG and pick 15 for pick 6 has me somewhat intrigued, especially if they can get a very good package back for Collins.

AG has been the same player since he entered the league. He seems to have platued so getting him to trade Collins would be a no for me. I wouldn't be opposed to adding him and #15 to the team for depth.

Return to Atlanta Hawks