ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#741 » by jayu70 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:23 pm

hawks_fan25 wrote:Yeah, I get it. I’m just trying to make sense of the Gallo deal. Y’all realize JC and Gallo shot the same percentage from 3 last year? I think our money would have been much better spent going hard after Harris and Bogi and getting back Skal on what is likely a minimum contract.

1. That's too much to give up for an expring DeRozan
2. Rumor is we were willing to offer Harris more than he got from Nets but he really wanted to stay with Nets
3. Rumor is Bogi is still in play.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#742 » by Spud2nique » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:24 pm

This smells like acquiring solid assets to flip.

Feb. 2021

Hawks trade: Collins/Gallo/Rondo/2 future 1sts

Bucks trade : Giannis

Trae/Dunn
Cam/Huerter
Hunter/Snell
Giannis/Bruno
Okongwu/Capela
Okongwu
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,006

Post#743 » by HMFFL » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:50 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
HMFFL wrote:I truly believe we'll pursue Giannis Antetokounmpo strongly now.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

That’s been the goal for a while now.
Yes, it has, but now we have depth, and our baby Hawks just need to gain even more value.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#744 » by D21 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:31 am

Spud2nique wrote:This smells like acquiring solid assets to flip.

Feb. 2021

Hawks trade: Collins/Gallo/Rondo/2 future 1sts

Bucks trade : Giannis

Trae/Dunn
Cam/Huerter
Hunter/Snell
Giannis/Bruno
Okongwu/Capela
Okongwu

I'm also almost sure that filling the roster like that is a plan to have more option, if necessary, to try a trade for Giannis, or Gobert
The best thing would still that this roster works well enough to win and doesn't any trade
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#745 » by Spud2nique » Tue Dec 8, 2020 11:33 pm

Was listening to Cam n AD earlier and they were discussing the Harden trade and how it’s bs for Houston to even listen to him and they should trade him anywhere they can get the best deal and not just give into his demands to the Nets. I’m just gonna leave this here and run.. :lol: ps I’m TOTALLY against it and I’m just trying to look at it on paper because the radio guys said they should trade Harden to the Cavs for Garland, Okoro and Nance jr. so I thought for us on paper. Again I’m totally against this but it’s fun.

Rockets get: Cam/Hunter/Bruno/2021 1st (top 3 pro)

Hawks get: James Harden

Check that way more salary needed. Would have to include Gallo at 19.5 and Capela at 16 mill back to them.

The big 3 would be Trae/Harden/Collins but we would go .500 mostly likely and score 200 while giving up 201.

Harden elsewhere. :nod:
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#746 » by Spud2nique » Wed Dec 9, 2020 12:40 am

Does Atlanta have better virtual strip clubs due to covid now is everything status quo? :roll: I know he’s friends with Trae but don’t let Harden teach you how to make it rain. :roll:

Houston hasn't wavered in what the Rockets consider a fair asking price for Harden: a package that includes a young franchise cornerstone and a bundle of first-round picks and/or talented players on rookie contracts, sources said.

The Rockets have been adamant that they will not be rushed into trading Harden, regardless of how uncomfortable the situation has become with the three-time scoring champion failing to report to training camp while partying in Atlanta and Las Vegas.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Post#747 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Dec 9, 2020 1:37 am

Spud2nique wrote:Was listening to Cam n AD earlier and they were discussing the Harden trade and how it’s bs for Houston to even listen to him and they should trade him anywhere they can get the best deal and not just give into his demands to the Nets.

Again I’m totally against this but it’s fun.

It's gonna cost waaaaay more than that. The bidding likely starts with Collins (part of the reason Schlenk wants to sign him to that extension).

I'd expect we'd have to include Collins, Huerter, Okongwu, Cam and the 2021 pick unprotected.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#748 » by Spud2nique » Wed Dec 9, 2020 2:56 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Was listening to Cam n AD earlier and they were discussing the Harden trade and how it’s bs for Houston to even listen to him and they should trade him anywhere they can get the best deal and not just give into his demands to the Nets.

Again I’m totally against this but it’s fun.

It's gonna cost waaaaay more than that. The bidding likely starts with Collins (part of the reason Schlenk wants to sign him to that extension).

I'd expect we'd have to include Collins, Huerter, Okongwu, Cam and the 2021 pick unprotected.

Please tell me your joking. Harden is worth exactly half that in the Cavs purposed deal. How does Garland Okoro and Nance the same as the crazy deal you just offered. If you present that to a Rockets fan they’d feel bad for us and say no it’s too good a deal. :lol:
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#749 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Dec 9, 2020 3:43 am

Spud2nique wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Again I’m totally against this but it’s fun.

Please tell me your joking. Harden is worth exactly half that in the Cavs purposed deal. How does Garland Okoro and Nance the same as the crazy deal you just offered. If you present that to a Rockets fan they’d feel bad for us and say no it’s too good a deal. :lol:

That's the cost of getting a superstar in his prime. It's comparable to what LAL gave up for Anthony Davis last year.

What do you think about this one:

76ers get: James Harden, Kris Dunn, 2022 OKC pick

Hawks get: Ben Simmons, Matisse Thybulle, Seth Curry, Furkan Korkmaz

Rockets get: Clint Capela, John Collins, Tyrese Maxey, Kevin Huerter, PHI 2021 1st round pick, PHI 2021 2nd round pick, PHI 2023 1st round pick

Hawks start Ben Simmons/D Gallinari/De'Andre Hunter/Bogdan Bogdanovic/Trae Young.
Curry, Thybulle, Reddish, Okongwu, Korkmaz come off the bench.
The future is still set around Trae, Reddish, Hunter, Ben Simmons and Okongwu, but we have a veteran laden, diverse starting 5 for this year's playoff run.

We don;t have to worry about paying Collins or Huerter extensions, plus Trae and Ben Simmons become the best dynamic duo in the East.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#750 » by Spud2nique » Wed Dec 9, 2020 4:22 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

That's the cost of getting a superstar in his prime. It's comparable to what LAL gave up for Anthony Davis last year.

Rockets get: Clint Capela, John Collins, Tyrese Maxey, Kevin Huerter, PHI 2021 1st round pick, PHI 2021 2nd round pick, PHI 2023 1st round pick

Hawks start Ben Simmons/D Gallinari/De'Andre Hunter/Bogdan Bogdanovic/Trae Young.
The future is still set around Trae, Reddish, Hunter, Ben Simmons and Okongwu, but we have a veteran laden, diverse starting 5 for this year's playoff run.

We don;t have to worry about paying Collins or Huerter extensions, plus Trae and Ben Simmons become the best dynamic duo in the East.

If that’s the cost I’d pass.

I like your trade in that Simmons is super versatile and we would automatically have the best 1-2 passers in the league. Having said that, I’m not sure how much better Simmons is than Collins to have to throw in Capela, Huerter and a 2022 pick, that’s another starter in Capela, another starter/6th man in Huerter and a pick that I’m not as worried about but I’d probably stick with JC. He’s just so smooth and springy. That trade to me would be pretty close though and if I’m worried as management in any way about Collins moving forward I’d have to think about that.

Oh, one other thing that I absolutely hate is Simmons shooting. However, having Trae and Cam still around I wouldn’t be as worried. I’ve seen some bad trades purposed but at least this makes some sense even though it’s still a tad rich for my blood.

Trae/Cam/Hunter/Simmons/Okongwu would be a sick starting 5 though and all under 25 years of age. I know Okongwu will be pushing Collins and Capela, not sure if he’s going to push them to get traded or mesh and roll with our depth. Fun times ahead.
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,421

Post#751 » by graymule » Wed Dec 9, 2020 12:43 pm

:D

Harden trade for any team is impossibly hard. Why? Payroll $$$ matchup. Other teams must come close to the salary that
he draws. If you have a super star, will you trade him for Harden? Houston doesn't want him. They want young, core players on reasonable contracts and future, unprotected 1st round draft picks.

In other words, they want exactly what Atlanta has right now! Wow!

My simple answer to, "Would you trade for Harden?" No! I like what we now have a lot more than I like what Houston has.
I would not trade our entire team to Houston for their entire team. Would you?

8-)
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#752 » by D21 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:27 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

I'm pretty sure that if we have to trade at least Capela+John, the target will be Giannis or Rudy, before any other thing
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#753 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:38 pm

D21 wrote:I'm pretty sure that if we have to trade at least Capela+John, the target will be Giannis or Rudy, before any other thing

I might be in the minority, but I'd MUCH rather have Ben Simmons over Rudy Gobert.
vtime
Rookie
And1: 245

Post#754 » by vtime » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:32 pm

I’d trade anyone but Trae for Harden
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#755 » by Radioblacktive1 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 12:29 am

Does anyone else completely lose all interest in a proposed trade once Reddish is mentioned?
saloonyk8
Rookie
And1: 130

Post#756 » by saloonyk8 » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:09 am

I'm curious if rockets would rather have Collins, FRP, Huerter than Simmons

They have Wall and Collins/Wood front line would be intriguing.

Sixers would have to throw a pick as well.
Commit to the process
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 979

Post#757 » by Geaux_Hawks » Sun Dec 13, 2020 4:36 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:

You think Harden is worth that much?! That's a double overpay, and the Sixers honestly get the worst end of this, even if they do end up with the best player.

I've honestly been on board with getting Simmons to pair with Trae. I think that is the duo you want to build around.

If you adjusted the trade, I think this would work:

Sixers get: James Harden

Hawks get: Ben Simmons

Rockets get: John Collins, Matisse Thybulle, De'andre Hunter, PHI 2021 FRP, OKC 2022 FRP, and ATL 2023 FRP.

Cap fillers go wherever is needed to make deal work

That is consistent with what LA gave up, and appears reasonable for all sides involved.
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,031

Post#758 » by tbhawksfan1 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:07 pm

Simmons hasn't been able to do too well with Embid and a pretty good 6ers team. Can't shoot at all. Rather develop our own than bring him in. Nothing to do with Harden
myrak433
Sixth Man
And1: 229

Post#759 » by myrak433 » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:35 pm

tbhawksfan1 wrote:Simmons hasn't been able to do too well with Embid and a pretty good 6ers team. Can't shoot at all. Rather develop our own than bring him in. Nothing to do with Harden

I like Collins. But if you can get Simmons and still have Trae and Cam you have to pull the trigger
December of 2019 “Trae Young Involved in 'Emotional' Locker Room Scene After Hawks Loss. Atlanta Hawks star Trae Young is unsurprisingly getting tired of the team's struggles.”

Get Trae some HELP!!!!
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#760 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Dec 13, 2020 9:26 pm

myrak433 wrote:I like Collins. But if you can get Simmons and still have Trae and Cam you have to pull the trigger

Ben Simmons would immediately become the best player on our team. He's a top-25 player who would mesh perfectly offensively with Trae and D Hunter. It's not even a question.

At some point, we have to consolidate players. Acquiring Ben Simmons in exchange for 2nd and 3rd tier players is the best case scenario.

Return to Atlanta Hawks