ImageImage

Lakers acquire Anthony Davis and what it means for Atlanta?

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

fuzzy1
Senior
And1: 293

Re: Lakers acquire Anthony Davis and what it means for Atlanta? 

Post#61 » by fuzzy1 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:22 pm

D21 wrote:
fuzzy1 wrote:I'd trade up to #4 for Deandre Hunter, wouldn't break the bank though. Problem is #8 to #4 is a pretty big jump.

Maybe #8, #17 for #4 and Solomon Hill. I'd probably do that. Throw in one of our seconds if we gotta.

Disclaimer: I think Hunter is gonna go HIGH

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app

1 - By taking Hill's contract, it becomes less of a big jump
2 - NOP did say they don't want picks, so if they don't want the 4th pick, they won't want 8+17 or anything like that.

It all comes down to the rumor of a 4-team trade, and with another team sending a proven player to NOP, not taking Hill back and ATL getting Hill and 4th while the other team gets our picks

K. Hire me Schlenk, we think alike.
fuzzy1
Senior
And1: 293

Post#62 » by fuzzy1 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:32 pm

Now lets draft Goga at 10 and we good.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#63 » by D21 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:22 am

fuzzy1 wrote:
D21 wrote:
fuzzy1 wrote:I'd trade up to #4 for Deandre Hunter, wouldn't break the bank though. Problem is #8 to #4 is a pretty big jump.

Maybe #8, #17 for #4 and Solomon Hill. I'd probably do that. Throw in one of our seconds if we gotta.

Disclaimer: I think Hunter is gonna go HIGH

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app

1 - By taking Hill's contract, it becomes less of a big jump
2 - NOP did say they don't want picks, so if they don't want the 4th pick, they won't want 8+17 or anything like that.

It all comes down to the rumor of a 4-team trade, and with another team sending a proven player to NOP, not taking Hill back and ATL getting Hill and 4th while the other team gets our picks

K. Hire me Schlenk, we think alike.

Good call on Hunter !!!
It was not a jump as much big as you fear, but I admit that I would have prefer the 10 instead of the 8, but maybe at this time, Schlenk was sure that Reddish would be here at 10 ;-)

The strange part is the rumor about NOP not wanting more picks... we will see if another team will enter to trade a proven player for what NOP got
djjob23
Freshman
And1: 13

Post#64 » by djjob23 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:56 am

There has been a lot of dust kicked up around this Anthony Davis trade. Although pieces of the trade have been reported, I have not seen the entire trade yet with all moving pieces. This may be because we have to wait until July 6 for the trade to become official, but I wanted to place all the moving pieces to this puzzle here to help determine how the dust settles and to discuss.

From what I see reported, here’s what the Anthony Davis trade looks like:

LAL Get: Superstar plus room to sign 1 more max FA.
- NOP: Anthony Davis
- WAS: Cash

NOP Get: A war chest of assets.
- LAL: Lonzo Ball
- LAL: Brandan Ingram
- LAL: Josh Hart
- LAL: 2021 protected 1st (top 8, 2022 unprotected)
- LAL: 2023 pick swap rights
- LAL: 2024 unprotected 1st (NOP can defer to 2025)
- ATL: #8 Jaxson Hayes
- ATL: #17 Nickeil Alexander-Walker
- ATL: #35 Marcos Louzada Silva
- ATL: CLE 2020 protected 1st (top 10, 2 2nds)

ATL Get: Core fits.
- NOP: #4 DeAndre Hunter
- NOP: Solomon Hill
- NOP: protected 2nd
- PHI: #34 Bruno Fernando

WAS Get: Cheap youth.
- LAL: Mo Wagner
- LAL: Issac Bonga
- LAL: Jemerrio Jones
- LAL: 2022 2nd

PHI Get: Future picks.
- ATL: 2020 2nd
- ATL: 2023 2nd (best of ATL, BRK, CHA)
- DET: MIL 2024 2nd, Cash

DET Get: Athletic PG.
- PHI: #57 Jordan Bone

What can AD do with an aging Bron and 1 more max FA in the west? Did NOP really get good value at 8, 17, 35 that fit with Zion? Was ATL’s overpay for 4 due to trade war? Is ATL’s draft bad with this trade if Cam didn’t make it to 10?

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#65 » by jayu70 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:27 am

djjob23 wrote:
What can AD do with an aging Bron and 1 more max FA in the west? Did NOP really get good value at 8, 17, 35 that fit with Zion? Was ATL’s overpay for 4 due to trade war? Is ATL’s draft bad with this trade if Cam didn’t make it to 10?

Thoughts?

On Atlanta overpay.....Based on rumors of other teams wanting to move up, no:
the following teams were all trying to get to #4. Celtics - were upset that No. 4 was traded to another team when they had an offer in, they wanted Garland. Minny - NOP wanted Covington and #11 for #4, they balked and instead moved up to 6 hoping Garland would fall,  the missed him when Cavs picked him, why... because the Hawks jumped the Cavs for Hunter who they were targeting. So Cavs consolation was Garland.

If Cam didn't make it to #10, Hawks would have traded down. Indy was interested. The rumor was Aaron Holiday and #18 for #10, Hawks would have targeted Goga or Sekou.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#66 » by kg01 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:52 pm

jayu70 wrote:
djjob23 wrote:

Thoughts?

the following teams were all trying to get to #4. Celtics - were upset that No. 4 was traded to another team when they had an offer in, they wanted Garland. Minny - NOP wanted Covington and #11 for #4, they balked and instead moved up to 6 hoping Garland would fall,  the missed him when Cavs picked him, why... because the Hawks jumped the Cavs for Hunter who they were targeting. So Cavs consolation was Garland.

If Cam didn't make it to #10, Hawks would have traded down. Indy was interested. The rumor was Aaron Holiday and #18 for #10, Hawks would have targeted Goga or Sekou.

I wonder if IND took Goga assuming our deal was in place. Still kinda weird they went big.
king01 :king:
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#67 » by Spud2nique » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:43 pm

kg01 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
djjob23 wrote:

Thoughts?

I wonder if IND took Goga assuming our deal was in place. Still kinda weird they went big.

You still holding out hope for Goganani to ATL?
:wink:

Where’s that let it gooooo Snow White gif Bird always busts out?
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#68 » by kg01 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:45 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:On Atlanta overpay.....Based on rumors of other teams wanting to move up, no:

Nah, I'm over it. Just wondering if IND screwed up.
king01 :king:
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#69 » by jayu70 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:34 pm

kg01 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
kg01 wrote:

Nah, I'm over it. Just wondering if IND screwed up.

Maybe, but Collison is retiring (something seems strange about it) so it's a good thing they still have Holiday.

Return to Atlanta Hawks