Read on Twitter
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,615

Re: Free agents potentially of-interest 

Post#2 » by kg01 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:02 pm

_s_t_u_r_t_ wrote:Here's one.

Read on Twitter

Can't shoot. Dime-a-dozen player. Someone will go undrafted on THU who'll be better than him right now.

I like where your heads at though, stu. Don't fret.
king01 :king:
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#3 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:37 pm

It's all good... emphasis was on "potentially." No need to tread lightly... dance on them egg shells like one of them river dancer types.

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,336

Post#4 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Nov 26, 2019 12:12 pm

I like this list quite a bit.

In particular Harrell, Ibaka and Favors.

CP War Hawks wrote:Looking at the FA class for bigs, it's not that bad actually. Going to put them in tiers according to fit, costs, etc.

Tier 1:
Thompson - should be fairly affordable. Only weakness for the team is a total non shooter.
Ibaka - only real negative is the age, does everything Pierce and co. looks for.
Harrell - my top guy. I understand he's not the best fit, but that toughness is what this young team needs the most.

Tier 2:
Baynes - negatives are are non shot blocker and up in age.
Drummond - non shooter and expensive. His combination of size, defense, and production for the team is enticing.
Okafor - idk, basically a poorman's Drummond. I feel the staff can squeeze some long distance shooting out of him.

Tier 3:
Favors - should be attainable. Body seems to be breaking down.
Skal - I really like what I see from this guy so far. Not ready to play big minutes, but the fit is strong with this one.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#5 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:17 pm

Top Free-Agent Target for Every Team Next Offseason

Atlanta Hawks: Derrick Favors

In an episode of The Lowe Post, John Collins told ESPN's Zach Lowe that he sees himself as a modern 4 who can do a little bit of everything like Giannis Antetokounmpo.

He showed some ability on the perimeter in 2018-19, taking 2.6 threes per game and hitting 34.8 percent of his attempts. But, according to NBA.com/stats, he was below the first percentile in points per isolation possession, and he didn't run any pick-and-rolls.

Those things may still come in time. And if Collins sees himself as that type of player, more traditional 5s could be targeted in 2020.

Derrick Favors is from Atlanta, played his college ball at Georgia Tech and will still be on the right side of 30 heading into the 2020-21 campaign.

With Alex Len entering free agency, as well, Favors could be a nice upgrade for a team on the rise.

Favors finished at No. 40 in real plus/minus in 2018-19 and averaged 21.2 points, 13.9 rebounds and 2.5 blocks per 36 minutes when he was on the floor with no other traditional centers, according to NBA.com/stats.

If Collins keeps improving as a shooter, a lineup of Trae Young, Kevin Huerter, De'Andre Hunter (or Cam Reddish) and Collins surrounding Favors could be a pain in the East.
Bleacher Report
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,363

Post#6 » by King Ken » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:39 pm

Starting Centers:

1. Baynes

2. Nerlens Noel

3. Serge Ibaka

4. Tristan Thompson

Backup centers

1. Jahlil Okafor

2. Alex Len

3. Robin Lopez

Backup PG:

1. Jeff Teague

2. D.J. Augustin

3. Evan Turner

4. Kris Dunn

Backup wings:

1. Bembry

2. Craig from DEN (Solid player, doubt he leaves)

3. Kenrich Williams ( I think he's a steal) think DMC when he left Utah.

4. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (Min)

5. Josh Jackson (Min)

Backup 4s

1. Parker (resign him)
King Ken
General Manager

Post#7 » by King Ken » Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:40 pm

I am personally hoping we trade for a center come December 15th
kg01
General Manager

Post#8 » by kg01 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:24 pm

King Ken wrote:Starting Centers:

1. Baynes

2. Nerlens Noel

3. Serge Ibaka

4. Tristan Thompson

Backup centers

1. Jahlil Okafor

2. Alex Len

3. Robin Lopez

Backup PG:

1. Jeff Teague

2. D.J. Augustin

3. Evan Turner

4. Kris Dunn

Backup wings:

1. Bembry

2. Craig from DEN (Solid player, doubt he leaves)

3. Kenrich Williams ( I think he's a steal) think DMC when he left Utah.

4. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist (Min)

5. Josh Jackson (Min)

Backup 4s

1. Parker (resign him)

I want all our additions, from here on out, to have defensive profiles so no on guys like Okafor. Give me NewOrleans Noel, Baynes or TristanT.

No way we could add Augustin or Dunn to backup Trae. They both hate his guts. :lol:

And did you really put Josh Jackson on your list, KingSupes? Oh I get it, you were testing us. I passed.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#9 » by King Ken » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:32 pm

I ain't mad at that KG. The idea of Parker-Okafor might be much worse than the already awful Parker-Jones defensive tandem

If Orlando trades for D. Murray, Augustin might be available sooner than later. Might could get him for Len on an even swap.

He is one of the minimum guys to keep an eye on.
kg01
General Manager

Post#10 » by kg01 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:48 pm

King Ken wrote:I ain't mad at that KG. The idea of Parker-Okafor might be much worse than the already awful Parker-Jones defensive tandem

If Orlando trades for D. Murray, Augustin might be available sooner than later. Might could get him for Len on an even swap.

I think Augustin hating Trae is something you're overlooking in that assessment. I agree DJ would probably be available. Still holding out hope for TristanDelli.

What's the Norvelle Peele(sp?) guy up to? Just thinking outside the box and recall he had some flashes in preseason. Surely can't be worse than what we're dealing with.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#11 » by King Ken » Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:54 pm

kg01 wrote:
King Ken wrote:I ain't mad at that KG. The idea of Parker-Okafor might be much worse than the already awful Parker-Jones defensive tandem

I think Augustin hating Trae is something you're overlooking in that assessment. I agree DJ would probably be available. Still holding out hope for TristanDelli.

What's the Norvelle Peele(sp?) guy up to? Just thinking outside the box and recall he had some flashes in preseason. Surely can't be worse than what we're dealing with.

D.J. and Trae won't hate each other as teammates

I would love Delly/Tristian package but I don't see it. Cleveland seems to want value. Not just salary for salary.
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,474

Post#12 » by dms269 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:55 pm

No to Delly. That bridge is still burned.

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#13 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Nov 30, 2019 4:52 pm

Cheap, veteran backup PG:

Read on Twitter
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,429

Post#14 » by CP War Hawks » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:09 pm

My top two guys are Harrell and Teague. 22m for the former, 13.5m to the latter.

Still leaves you a max slot for 2021 depending on Collins' extension. Bpa for needs or trade up in this draft.

It's important for them to show real growth next season if I'm ressler.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#15 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Dec 5, 2019 1:35 pm

Q: When we talk about free agency, this team is projected to have more than $70 million in cap space. Is the plan to find guys who fit the timeline of this team or to find more veteran-types of players?

Travis Schlenk:
We’ve got several guys who are on expiring deals and only two picks this year, so we’re going to have to plug holes. I think what you’re probably asking or the correct answer to what you’re asking is it’s going to depend on the kind of player it is. If it’s an older player, it’ll probably be a shorter-term contract like we’ve done in the past. If it’s a younger player who we think is a good fit for our group, then I think we’re in a good position, because of our cap flexibility moving forward, to look at a longer-term contract.
December 5th
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#16 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:58 pm

Hawks’ biggest needs

Schlenk told season ticket holders at an event Thursday the team will have to address the center position in the coming months, which isn’t all that surprising. Len, Jones and Bruno Fernando should not be any team’s starting center on any given night, and only one of them has a contract that extends past this year.

The Hawks also need a true backup point guard. They’ve used Kevin Huerter, Bembry, Cam Reddish and Evan Turner in that role. Turner was expected to be Trae Young’s primary backup this year, but Turner has struggled and hasn’t been able to replace the leadership of Kent Bazemore, who he was traded for.
The Athletic
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#17 » by Radioblacktive1 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:53 pm

Anybody know how married Indy is to Aaron Holiday? My dream scenario is a two birds-one stone trade for Turner and Holiday. Yeah they’re young and we need vets but we can get vets elsewhere, also the fact that Indy fans seem to be damn near pushing Turner out the door concerns me but we need a presence like him at the 5.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#18 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Dec 26, 2019 5:50 pm

All the toughness and intensity you could ask for...

The NBA All-Development Team

Whose games have taken the biggest leaps? We name the 10 players who’ve made the most impressive progress so far in the 2019-20 season

Montrezl Harrell, Los Angeles Clippers

Playing for the most stacked team of his career has somehow coincided with Harrell’s most productive basketball yet. Maybe you could attribute some of that to the extended recovery of Paul George to start the season, the periodic absences of Kawhi Leonard, or the various games lost to injury up and down the roster, but none of that accounts for the critical contributions Harrell has made to a full Clippers roster. Like so much of Harrell’s career, it almost defies explanation. A 6-foot-7 center shouldn’t be able to beat bigger opponents to the rim for dunks, but Harrell does so with increasing frequency. His face-up game from the wing and the block has become a tremendous weapon this season, augmenting Harrell’s already spectacular work in the pick-and-roll. There was a time when the redeeming quality of Harrell’s game was that he dunked extremely hard. Now he’s routinely embarrassing some of the best defensive centers in the league, often by way of his own creation.
The Ringer
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#19 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:08 am

Montrezl Harrell eyeing Hawks as free agent destination?

Bleacher Report’s Eric Pincus reported this weekend that multiple executives believe the Atlanta Hawks could be a free agent destination for Harrell.

Spoiler:
The NBA community is conflicted on what path the Clippers should take moving forward.

The bigger issue is the team's size and the upcoming decision on Harrell this summer.

If the Clippers don't believe they can win with a 6'7" center, especially one hoping for what is believed to be a $20 million-per-season payday, then they risk losing Harrell as a free agent.

(Multiple executives believe the Atlanta Hawks could be a summer destination.)
Bleacher Report

The Hawks may be dead last in the East this season at a smelly 10-32, but they have a budding young core led by guard Trae Young. They also figure to have plenty of cap space to accommodate the roughly $20 million-per-season payday that Pincus says Harrell is expected to command this summer.

For the 25-year-old Harrell, who is averaging 19.2 points and 7.2 rebounds per game this season for the Clippers, it is an open question as to how he might be able to co-exist in Atlanta with John Collins, another undersized energy big. Still, Harrell is taking his impending free agency seriously, and an up-and-coming Hawks team with money to spend should not be discounted.
Larry Brown Sports
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#20 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:52 am

If Montresz is too expensive, I'd be okay with bringing in Marc Gasol as starting Center to serve as the veteran on-court presence for us.

Gasol + Millsap off the bench could really help turn things around for our front court...assuming we could get them to come.

Return to Atlanta Hawks