2013 CJ McCollum
2012 Austin Rivers
2011 Jimmer Fredette
2010 Paul George
2009 Brandon Jennings
2008 Brook Lopez
2007 Spencer Hawes
2006 Saer Sene

All of the players listed above were selected at #10. Only McCollum, Paul George, and Brook Lopez are not bust. Seems like Reddish could be a good gamble for the Hawks, and for Reddish, its a low bar set by the previous #10s
Hawkamanic81
Rookie
And1: 39

Re: Welcome to ATL Cam Reddish! 

Post#42 » by Hawkamanic81 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 1:44 pm

If McCollum was the last hit back in 2013, where probably due for another one.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,375

Post#43 » by King Ken » Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:48 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:Is Cam Reddish bust proof?

2017 Zach Collins
2016 Thon Maker
2015 Justise Winslow
2014 Elfrid Payton
2013 CJ McCollum
2012 Austin Rivers
2011 Jimmer Fredette
2010 Paul George
2009 Brandon Jennings
2008 Brook Lopez
2007 Spencer Hawes
2006 Saer Sene

All of the players listed above were selected at #10. Only McCollum, Paul George, and Brook Lopez are not bust. Seems like Reddish could be a good gamble for the Hawks, and for Reddish, its a low bar set by the previous #10s

I felt Mikal Bridges was a hit as well as Justise Winslow. Obviously, stars are C.J. and PG.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,468

Post#44 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:28 am

Nice highlight vids of Killa Cam Reddish:

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#45 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:14 pm

A piece on Cam Reddish from last December:

Cam Reddish Is Duke’s (and the Draft’s) Biggest Enigma

It’s been a brutal adjustment period for the Blue Devils’ third star freshman, but come June, it might not matter. He is still a model of what lies ahead for the 3-and-D swingman archetype

Not much has gone right for Cam Reddish in his first few months at Duke. He has struggled to adjust to a smaller role behind fellow freshmen R.J. Barrett and Zion Williamson, averaging 13.5 points on 37.0 percent shooting, 3.2 rebounds, and 1.7 assists per game, which has heightened the concerns NBA scouts already had about his motor and tendency to disappear in games. However, for all his flaws, he may still end up being a top-five pick. NBA teams used to reach for athletic big men at the top of the draft. Now they reach for wings with size and shooting ability. Body of work matters, but not as much as having the ideal skill set for the NBA’s most important position.

Reddish is still figuring out how to play off the ball. There’s a big adjustment process for a player who has spent his entire life with the ball in his hands. It’s easy to get out of rhythm when you aren’t involved in the offense for huge stretches of the game. Reddish alternates between doing too much, forcing the action and driving into traffic without a plan, and too little, becoming a passive observer who swings the ball around the perimeter without looking to create. He seems to lose confidence when his shot isn’t falling, and it’s not falling that often. He’s shooting 35.6 percent from 3 and 39.2 percent from 2.

His lack of efficiency is a bigger red flag than his limited production.

The most encouraging part of his performance is his outside shooting. He’s probably a better 3-point shooter than his average percentage (35.6) indicates.

Few players at the next level, regardless of experience, possess his two-way potential. There are only four players 6-foot-8 or taller this season shooting at least 35 percent from 3 on more than five attempts per game with a steal rate higher than 2 percent: Paul George, Joe Ingles, Trevor Ariza, and Robert Covington. Reddish fits the profile of the type of player who could be better in the NBA than he was in college.

Players with his skill set will only become more valuable. The number of 3s that NBA teams take per game has skyrocketed, and it doesn’t show any signs of slowing down. Your best scorers need to be volume 3-point shooters for that to work. Reddish could be the rare volume 3-point shooter who doubles as an elite defender, and there is only a handful of those players in the world. It’s hard to pass up on them in the draft, no matter how much they struggle in college.
The Ringer -- Dec 2018
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#46 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:57 am

Cam Reddish primed to find his ceiling in Atlanta

A deeper look at the 19-year-old phenom

Cam Reddish remains one of the more divisive prospects in the 2019 NBA Draft pool. Some experts had him in or close to their top-five, due to his length (6’8 with a 7’1 wingspan), smooth outside stroke and the defensive instinct/ability he put on display as a freshman at Duke...The struggles Reddish endured at Duke are well documented at this point, but it seems important to look at how, and why, he struggled. The general lack of spacing and shooting from a personnel standpoint was very real, and likely hurt his percentages close the basket, as [opposing defenses] often attempted to pack the paint.

The lack of space on the court isn’t a full excuse for Reddish’s inefficiency, as Williamson and Barrett found ways to score and play their game, but it feels like a safe bet that Reddish will have an easier time finishing at the rim with the spacing employed at the highest level, specifically by the Hawks.

Despite the numbers, Reddish still profiles as a candidate to be an elite shooter on the wing in the NBA due to his fluid release and ability to rhythm dribble into a smooth shot when it’s not there initially off of the catch. While he struggled in spot-up situations largely as a freshman, when he was given room to operate he looks like a lottery pick.

Atlanta general manager Travis Schlenk is on record about how he viewed Reddish as a prospect going back multiple years, so the lack of success at Duke did not deter them from bringing Reddish into the fold, to the point that they were reportedly ecstatic when he fell past the No. 9 slot. Reddish appears to be an ideal fit with the pieces the Hawks have in place, with no clear block at his position. Trae Young will be the best passer he’s ever played with, and he will be in a system that operates at a faster pace than he’s likely ever been asked to play, which should result in more opportunities for transition threes and finishing in space. Pierce and his staff will be tasked with figuring out the best way to use him.
Peachtree Hoops
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#47 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:59 pm

Read on Twitter
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,421

Post#48 » by graymule » Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:14 pm

Hawks had a great off season! Trades + draft = happy fans!
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#49 » by HMFFL » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:06 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter
Congrats to Cam for his Nike deal.
Another dream checked off the list for him.

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#50 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:20 pm

Who is the real Cam Reddish? Hawks fans now get to find out

The 10th pick to Atlanta is the enigma everyone is trying to figure out in the 2019 NBA Draft

“I can do it all,” Reddish said in a voice that is soft-spoken but defiant tone during interviews at the NBA Draft Combine. “I feel like I’m capable of doing everything on both sides of the floor. I’m excited for the opportunity to do that.”

A year ago, Reddish was ranked ahead of Williamson by most recruiting services and was considered by some to have the highest long-term upside of anyone in Duke’s prized incoming freshmen class. After one rocky season in Durham, Reddish spent draft season fighting to save his reputation as much as his stock.

Now, he’ll continue that fight with the Atlanta Hawks after they selected them with the No. 10 in the 2019 NBA Draft.

Reddish looks like the prototypical NBA prospect from the moment he walks into the gym. He measured at 6’8 with a nearly 7’1 wingspan at the combine, ideal size for a wing who can defend multiple positions and still create his own offense. Add in a smooth shooting stroke, the ability to pull-up off the dribble, and point guard experience from his high school days, and Reddish offers an intoxicating package of new-age potential that feels like a seamless match for today’s NBA.

Reddish has been ranked at or near the top of his class from the moment it started being evaluated. He could have played for any college in the country, but chose Duke as he started his senior year of high school, hoping to follow in a burgeoning lineage of star wing scorers like Jabari Parker, Brandon Ingram, and Jayson Tatum. He had no idea at the time Barrett and Williamson would be joining him.

As a high school player, Reddish drew comparisons to Paul George and Tracy McGrady because of his frame and athletic fluidity. Even after a rough year at Duke, the narrative as he entered this draft was that he may have the highest upside of any player available after Williamson.
SB Nation
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#51 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:44 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#52 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:20 am

NBA Rookies with the Most to Prove This Season

Cam Reddish | Atlanta Hawks

Cam Reddish's value has declined since he started last season viewed as a potential top-three pick. However, the Atlanta Hawks still gave him a semi-pass by taking him at No. 10.

He'll be out to prove that last season was a fluke and that Atlanta wisely bought low and caught a break.

With inconsistent execution and decision-making, Reddish shot a scary 35.6 percent from the field at Duke last year, totaling 96 turnovers to 70 assists.

The numbers and eye test suggest he struggles badly when under pressure, both as a shooter and finisher. He shot 20-of-97 on contested catch-and-shoot jumpers (20.6 percent) and 47.3 percent at the rim (29th percentile). He added the most value as a three-point threat (2.5 per game), but he only connected at a 33.3 percent clip.

Reddish didn't enjoy great spacing on a Duke team that shot 29.6 percent from three. However, with Trae Young and Kevin Huerter entering Year 2, Allen Crabbe and De'Andre Hunter (43.8 three-point percentage at Virginia) joining the rotation and John Collins' outside touch improving (34.8 three-point percentage, 55 threes), the poor-spacing excuse will be tougher to justify in Atlanta.
Bleacher Report
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,421

Post#53 » by graymule » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:25 pm

8-)

Forever optimistic. Hawks are set to be any where from "pretty good" to "really, really good!"
I'm going with great ! From the young players from last season and the three draft picks this
summer, look out - - here we come. And, Cam Reddish will be a big part of the team. Hoping
that the Hawks can stay healthy. If we do, WOW !!

:D :D
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#54 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:05 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
King Ken
General Manager

Post#55 » by King Ken » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:21 am

I love Hunter but it's tough to say he will have a better career even with rings than Zion and R.J.

But I understand 1 and 2.

Cam and Ja especially in their situations they are in are very likely to have great careers. Ja is likely to get one more stud in the draft next year and Cam is in the perfect fit. Especially two man fit with him and Trae Young.

For me, I would have probably went:

1. Cam
2. Zion
3. Ja
4t. Hunter/R.J.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#56 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:20 am

King Ken wrote:I love Hunter but it's tough to say he will have a better career even with rings than Zion and R.J.

Cam and Ja especially in their situations they are in are very likely to have great careers. Ja is likely to get one more stud in the draft next year and Cam is in the perfect fit. Especially two man fit with him and Trae Young.

1. Cam
2. Zion
3. Ja
4t. Hunter/R.J.

I just worry with Cam...he seems like a dude who will always be looking at his next deal in the next town on the next team.

This is Trae's town and franchise, Huerter, Hunter and Collins fit perfectly next to Trae...

Reddish seems like he'll want his own team with a max deal should he hit the ceiling we all believe is possible for him. A la James Harden.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#57 » by King Ken » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:57 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
King Ken wrote:I love Hunter but it's tough to say he will have a better career even with rings than Zion and R.J.

1. Cam
2. Zion
3. Ja
4t. Hunter/R.J.

I just worry with Cam...he seems like a dude who will always be looking at his next deal in the next town on the next team.

This is Trae's town and franchise, Huerter, Hunter and Collins fit perfectly next to Trae...

Reddish seems like he'll want his own team with a max deal should he hit the ceiling we all believe is possible for him. A la James Harden.

I have zero worry about Cam or anyone we drafted wanting to leave. All of the personalities mesh. That's usually a great sign. It's like the Braves with Acuna, Albies and gang.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#58 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:37 pm

Reddish checks every physical NBA box. At 6-foot-8, he can shoot with range and has the handle to create for himself and others. He's highly skilled. Fluid and coordinated. Long and athletic, he projects as a multiple-position defender, a premium skill in today's game.

"I think [Reddish is] the most talented player in the draft," an Eastern Conference scout told CBS Sports.

The concern about Reddish centers on his mentality, that he "disappears" too easily, that he's passive and can fade from the action while players like Zion -- Reddish's college teammate at Duke -- are more naturally geared to force their imprint on a game. It's not uncommon for supremely gifted players to end up on the periphery in a program like Duke, where the talent pool is so deep even second-tier stars become lottery picks.

The Hawks are betting Reddish's aggression will blossom with experience and freedom and outside the shadow of Williamson and Barrett. Playing alongside 2018 rookie Trae Young, already one of the better passers in the league, won't hurt. Comparing a rookie to an MVP candidate is risky, if not irresponsible, but in terms of physical comps, more than one scout likened Reddish to Paul George, whose aggression, or lack thereof, was similarly questioned when he was coming out of Fresno State in 2010.

"You hear stories of guys sending their boss to go see Paul George play [in college] and he'd score like six points, when he was obviously the most talented player on the floor," a Western Conference scout told CBS Sports. "Some guys it takes a while for them to really feel comfortable asserting themselves. Larry Bird drafted Paul on a leap of faith, because the ability and skill and that length was obviously elite. That's a lot like Reddish. The physical stuff is all there. The mindset will be what determines what kind of pro he'll be."
CBS Sports
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#59 » by HMFFL » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:58 pm

Chris Broussard says it’s a ‘major disrespect’ to think Hawks’ Cam Reddish will have a better career than Pelicans’ Zion Williamson

Cam Reddish of the Atlanta Hawks topped the survey among NBA rookies on who they feel will have the best career. NBA analyst Chris Broussard disagreed, calling the survey results a ‘major disrespect’ to New Orleans Pelicans’ Zion Williamson. https://clutchpoints.com/pelicans-news-chris-broussard-says-its-a-major-disrespect-to-think-hawks-cam-reddish-will-have-a-better-career-than-zion-williamson/

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,913

Post#60 » by jayu70 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 2:48 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Return to Atlanta Hawks