Read on Twitter
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Re: Welcome to ATL Cam Reddish! 

Post#203 » by Spud2nique » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:46 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:CaM'S WORKOUT BUDDY:

Read on Twitter

I saw this. Good! Don’t befriend the little bastard though. :lol: He’s a snake in the grass. Him, Lacob, Durant, crybaby Klay, all those fcks. But Cam is gonna be a superstar. 2 way type.
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#204 » by Spud2nique » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:00 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:CaM'S WORKOUT BUDDY:

Read on Twitter

Shouldn’t Steph be circling his ankles around, I don’t know, stretching his stuff out. It’s gonna be a long season and he’s got a target on his back. That bow out against the Raptors wasn’t enough. Players he played tricks on are now gonna make him suck it. Karma will come back to Steph. Draymond too. All he showed was that he couldn’t take a loss. Really? You can’t compete and lose by yourself? Oh wait, you can and your doing it for the betterment of the team? Either way, hoping basketball gods punish the Warriors for being snakey.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#205 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:51 pm

Spud2nique wrote:Cam is gonna be a superstar. 2 way type.

I hope you guys are right...if Trae is an All-NBA talent and Cam develops into an All Star -- all we need is a title to turn this era into an undeniable success.

Do we believe that if Cam turns into a 2-way star...he'll be content to stay in Trae's shadow for the rest of their careers?
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#206 » by Spud2nique » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:03 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:Cam is gonna be a superstar. 2 way type.

I hope you guys are right...if Trae is an All-NBA talent and Cam develops into an All Star -- all we need is a title to turn this era into an undeniable success.

Do we believe that if Cam turns into a 2-way star...he'll be content to stay in Trae's shadow for the rest of their careers?

Damn you with ur loaded questions lol. Ya I dunno maybe. Probably because Trae is such a willing passer. I really want Trae to go to 20 points and 15 dimes a night. Forget the 30ppg, leave that to Cam and Collins. Trae facilitate like Stockton. But this Stockton story ends with a ring.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#207 » by D21 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:14 am

I would like the 20/15 more than 30/10 too
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#208 » by jayu70 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:49 pm

Steph Curry talks Cam Reddish.
Steph Curry walked over to Brandon Payne, his skills trainer for the past decade, and told him how remarkable and impressive Cam Reddish’s skills package is. What struck Curry is how Reddish, at his size, was able to change speeds with precision and explosion with ease. Reddish worked out with Curry earlier this month. That explosion Curry and Payne were marveling at wasn’t on display last summer for Reddish because he was still dealing with a nagging groin injury suffered at Duke that culminated with core muscle surgery just weeks before the draft. “It kind of catches you off guard because you’re not expecting a guy at that height to have that kind of foot speed and quickness and change of pace with his feet and with the basketball,”

“You’re going to see an additional level of confidence from him because you take that momentum that he had at the end of the season “He was playing so well during those last 10 games. It wasn’t necessarily always scoring, but with how he moved and how he played, he looked very sure of himself. We talked about using that momentum to kind of slingshot him to the new season. I think you will see additional confidence on top of what he finished with. I think you’ll see a different kid out there.”

One of the differences fans might notice is Reddish has grown a bit since last season ended. Payne thought it might have been that Reddish’s hair got longer, but Payne and his staff all confirmed Reddish grew. It’s unclear how much he actually grew, but Hawks coach Lloyd Pierce also confirmed this at the end of minicamp. Reddish’s official height without shoes prior to the start of last season was 6-foot-7.5.

https://theathletic.com/2227241/2020/11/30/cam-reddish-atlanta-hawks/?source=user-shared-article
tbhawksfan1
Analyst
And1: 2,036

Post#209 » by tbhawksfan1 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:04 pm

So is he 6' 8" wo shoes now with those moves and skills? OMG
Sicnarf
Sophomore
And1: 83

Post#210 » by Sicnarf » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:09 pm

Do you think the new ultra deep Hawks roster could harm Cam Reddish progress to an extent? In principle, less minutes and/or opportunities will be available... or it could be great and make him improve even quicker? Better competition so more quality practice and games...

I am really intrigued with the future of this young player.... it would be a pity if he can not develop all his talent.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#211 » by kg01 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:16 pm

Sicnarf wrote:Do you think the new ultra deep Hawks roster could harm Cam Reddish progress to an extent? In principle, less minutes and/or opportunities will be available... or it could be great and make him improve even quicker? Better competition so more quality practice and games...

Steel sharpens steel, baybee! :lol:

Seriously though, I think he'll probably be the most unaffected by the additions. IIUC, they want him at 3 mostly and some at 2. I don't think there are many 3's on the roster, really. Plus, out of all the wings, he showed the most promise on both ends. Heurter will be impacted most, imho.

That's if all goes well. Realistically, none of us know how the season will go with the virus looming. It's not an automatic that the roster has too much overlap. It's pretty likely that some guys will miss time related to the virus, contact-tracing, etc. Plus "normal" injuries can happen still. In the case of guys missing time, the minutes distribution thing could work out by default.
king01 :king:
hawks_fan25
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#212 » by hawks_fan25 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:27 pm

I still think Cam starts alongside Trae, Bogi, JC and Cap. Cam and Cap make the starting defense adequate enough to let the other three focus on scoring. I believe Cam is going to make a lot of noise this year and we'll be debating who is better right now between he and Bogi.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#213 » by jayu70 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 5:29 pm

Sicnarf wrote:Do you think the new ultra deep Hawks roster could harm Cam Reddish progress to an extent? In principle, less minutes and/or opportunities will be available... or it could be great and make him improve even quicker? Better competition so more quality practice and games...

I am really intrigued with the future of this young player.... it would be a pity if he can not develop all his talent.

He's going to be in a battle with Hunter for the SF spot. It can only help. The cream rises...so hopefully he does.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#214 » by CP War Hawks » Tue Dec 1, 2020 2:31 pm

Yeah Cam has all the tools to be one of the best defenders in the league. I'm comfortable with him matching up with KD, Tatum, all of those good scoring wing players in the East.
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,422

Post#215 » by graymule » Tue Dec 1, 2020 6:13 pm

:D

Seems that, somewhere, I read that the rookies voted Cam as the most likely to become a star in the NBA.
He's still a growing boy. He's bigger now than he was last season!
If crippled Cam was what we had last season, what will we get this season?

SEASON BEGINS THIS MONTH !!

:nod:
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#216 » by Spud2nique » Tue Dec 8, 2020 5:01 pm

Shook ones...

Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#217 » by Spud2nique » Tue Dec 8, 2020 5:03 pm

STARTER!
shakes0
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,960

Post#218 » by shakes0 » Tue Dec 8, 2020 6:55 pm

Spud2nique wrote:STARTER!

what do you mean Spud? Has he been named a starter or are you just saying that he should be?
Spud2nique
General Manager

Post#219 » by Spud2nique » Tue Dec 8, 2020 11:11 pm

shakes0 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:STARTER!

what do you mean Spud? Has he been named a starter or are you just saying that he should be?

I’m saying he should be but I guess as long as he deserves it. Only fair that it goes to whomever wins the job. I guess another thing to consider is the unit he is playing with on the floor. I understand a bit on wanting him to be your primary 6th man and just attack like a Ronald Murray/Crawford/Lou Will type but he’s much more than that. I guess that’s the beauty of our deep team though is that he would still be playing with capable guys in the 2nd unit as well and could maybe unlock more of his playmaking capabilities with that group since Trae will be dominating the ball if anyone does for the first unit.

I guess short answer is: I’m hoping he’s ready for prime time.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#220 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Feb 4, 2021 6:34 pm

Kudos to the Hawks and to Cam and his team of advisors for putting this initiative into action.

Read on Twitter

Return to Atlanta Hawks