ImageImage

Appropriately early 2020 NBA Draft Thread

Moderators: HMFFL, dms269, Jamaaliver

What would you like to see the Hawks do with the #6 pick?

Trade the Pick for a vet
1
6%
Trade into the top 3
4
24%
Trade for later/future picks
3
18%
Draft Best Player Available
2
12%
Draft TYRESE HALIBURTON
1
6%
Draft ONYEKA OKONGWU
3
18%
Draft ISAAC OKORO
0
No votes
Draft KILLIAN HAYES
3
18%
 
Total votes: 17

User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 24,739
And1: 8,991
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Appropriately early 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#861 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:13 pm

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 24,739
And1: 8,991
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Appropriately early 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#862 » by Jamaaliver » Sun Sep 27, 2020 7:17 pm

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM
Posts: 11,259
And1: 8,138
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: Appropriately early 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#863 » by jayu70 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:12 pm

Read on Twitter


2020 Trend: Extra stock into IQ, intangibles

One scout brought up the notion that his team will be putting more stock into basketball IQ and other valued intangibles compared to previous years.

Teams are having a tough time identifying the obvious NBA talent in this draft. Worried about misevaluating it, they could feel more confident in drafting a player who makes good decisions, competes and brings a positive presence to their locker room—even if they don't possess appetizing upside.

Based on where certain prospects stack up on most draft boards around the league, overvaluing intangibles seems to be a strategy shared by other organizations.

Okoro and Haliburton stand out as the posterboys for this conversation. Both are projected 10 picks and perimeter players who averaged fewer than 17.0 points per 40 minutes.
Spud2nique
Head Coach
Posts: 6,740
And1: 4,185
Joined: Jul 01, 2017

Re: Appropriately early 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#864 » by Spud2nique » Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:20 pm

I just checked the votes above. The most popular is trading into the top 3? Really? I’m for staying at 3 or a possible trade down. It might be just me but I love our guys and don’t want to part with any just yet, even Huerter and definitely not Collins.

Lot of bogus trades out there adding Collins into the mix like he’s a salary add on to match or something.

In all honestly, I like Collins overall game better than KAT. I dunno maybe it’s just me. Collins has speed and versatility that many can’t match.
GO HAWKS!!! :thumbsup:
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 24,739
And1: 8,991
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Appropriately early 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#865 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:26 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 24,739
And1: 8,991
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Appropriately early 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#866 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:30 pm

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 24,739
And1: 8,991
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Appropriately early 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#867 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:45 pm

Read on Twitter
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 24,739
And1: 8,991
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Appropriately early 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#868 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Sep 29, 2020 3:49 pm

Read on Twitter
CP War Hawks
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,282
And1: 553
Joined: Nov 28, 2017
     

Re: Appropriately early 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#869 » by CP War Hawks » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:59 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Read on Twitter


I've always been a fan of Maxey. He can play with Trae during the end of games and run the offense when he's not in there. Does remind me a bit of Coby White but with a bit more defensive ceiling.
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 24,739
And1: 8,991
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Appropriately early 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#870 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Oct 1, 2020 1:27 am

Read on Twitter
Little Digger
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,512
And1: 2,083
Joined: Aug 01, 2010
Location: The Charcoal State
   

Re: Appropriately early 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#871 » by Little Digger » Fri Oct 2, 2020 12:29 am

Spud2nique wrote:I just checked the votes above. The most popular is trading into the top 3? Really? I’m for staying at 3 or a possible trade down. It might be just me but I love our guys and don’t want to part with any just yet, even Huerter and definitely not Collins.

Lot of bogus trades out there adding Collins into the mix like he’s a salary add on to match or something.

In all honestly, I like Collins overall game better than KAT. I dunno maybe it’s just me. Collins has speed and versatility that many can’t match.
I watched quite a few Hawks games early last season and became a fan of Collins and Reddish..Would definitely be willing to give up the W’s #2 overall and Paschall for 1 of those guys
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
jayu70
RealGM
Posts: 11,259
And1: 8,138
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: Appropriately early 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#872 » by jayu70 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 1:12 am

Little Digger wrote:I watched quite a few Hawks games early last season and became a fan of Collins and Reddish..Would definitely be willing to give up the W’s #2 overall and Paschall for 1 of those guys
Hawks aren't interested in moving Collins unless it's for an upgraded player, Hawks are intrigued with Reddish's two potential. Sorry, pass.
Spud2nique
Head Coach
Posts: 6,740
And1: 4,185
Joined: Jul 01, 2017

Re: Appropriately early 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#873 » by Spud2nique » Fri Oct 2, 2020 2:25 am

Little Digger wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:I just checked the votes above. The most popular is trading into the top 3? Really? I’m for staying at 3 or a possible trade down. It might be just me but I love our guys and don’t want to part with any just yet, even Huerter and definitely not Collins.

Lot of bogus trades out there adding Collins into the mix like he’s a salary add on to match or something.

In all honestly, I like Collins overall game better than KAT. I dunno maybe it’s just me. Collins has speed and versatility that many can’t match.
I watched quite a few Hawks games early last season and became a fan of Collins and Reddish..Would definitely be willing to give up the W’s #2 overall and Paschall for 1 of those guys


No. We like our core.

Ps Fitzgerald is annoying. I love it when you call me Greg Papa. Throw your hands in the air if use a true playaaa. Now das a cat right there. Playa with the passport.
GO HAWKS!!! :thumbsup:
User avatar
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
Posts: 24,739
And1: 8,991
Joined: Sep 22, 2005
Location: Officially a citizen of the World...
Contact:
     

Re: Appropriately early 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#874 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Oct 2, 2020 6:20 pm

Little Digger wrote:I watched quite a few Hawks games early last season and became a fan of Collins and Reddish..Would definitely be willing to give up the W’s #2 overall and Paschall for 1 of those guys.




You want to give us the #2 pick in the draft PLUS 1st team all rookie selection Eric Paschall for just Cam Reddish?!?

:o

That...would be hard to turn down. That #2 pick plus our own #6 pick plus Huerter, Paschall, Capela is the kind of trade package that could net us a star.
kg01
Head Coach
Posts: 6,334
And1: 8,278
Joined: Jun 28, 2017
 

Re: Appropriately early 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#875 » by kg01 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 7:35 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Little Digger wrote:I watched quite a few Hawks games early last season and became a fan of Collins and Reddish..Would definitely be willing to give up the W’s #2 overall and Paschall for 1 of those guys.




You want to give us the #2 pick in the draft PLUS 1st team all rookie selection Eric Paschall for just Cam Reddish?!?

:o

That...would be hard to turn down. That #2 pick plus our own #6 pick plus Huerter, Paschall, Capela is the kind of trade package that could net us a star.


There's no way I'm trading Cam for that package.
king01 :king:
King Ken
General Manager
Posts: 8,901
And1: 5,121
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
   

Re: Appropriately early 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#876 » by King Ken » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:04 pm

Little Digger wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:I just checked the votes above. The most popular is trading into the top 3? Really? I’m for staying at 3 or a possible trade down. It might be just me but I love our guys and don’t want to part with any just yet, even Huerter and definitely not Collins.

Lot of bogus trades out there adding Collins into the mix like he’s a salary add on to match or something.

In all honestly, I like Collins overall game better than KAT. I dunno maybe it’s just me. Collins has speed and versatility that many can’t match.
I watched quite a few Hawks games early last season and became a fan of Collins and Reddish..Would definitely be willing to give up the W’s #2 overall and Paschall for 1 of those guys

Me personally but I am not trading anyone in our core outside of Kevin for any pick in this draft and even then I have no reason to trade Kevin. We will pass.
King Ken
General Manager
Posts: 8,901
And1: 5,121
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
   

Re: Appropriately early 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#877 » by King Ken » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:07 pm

kg01 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
Little Digger wrote:I watched quite a few Hawks games early last season and became a fan of Collins and Reddish..Would definitely be willing to give up the W’s #2 overall and Paschall for 1 of those guys.




You want to give us the #2 pick in the draft PLUS 1st team all rookie selection Eric Paschall for just Cam Reddish?!?

:o

That...would be hard to turn down. That #2 pick plus our own #6 pick plus Huerter, Paschall, Capela is the kind of trade package that could net us a star.


There's no way I'm trading Cam for that package.

There is no way I would even trade Cam
jayu70
RealGM
Posts: 11,259
And1: 8,138
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: Appropriately early 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#878 » by jayu70 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:16 pm

kg01 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:
Little Digger wrote:I watched quite a few Hawks games early last season and became a fan of Collins and Reddish..Would definitely be willing to give up the W’s #2 overall and Paschall for 1 of those guys.




You want to give us the #2 pick in the draft PLUS 1st team all rookie selection Eric Paschall for just Cam Reddish?!?

:o

That...would be hard to turn down. That #2 pick plus our own #6 pick plus Huerter, Paschall, Capela is the kind of trade package that could net us a star.


There's no way I'm trading Cam for that package.
exactly,
23, almost 24 (in a month) year old, 6'-6" SF/PF rookie.....pass ez.
And as bad as Reddish was from 3 to start the season, he still ended up with a higher percentage that Paschall...33% to 28%.
kg01
Head Coach
Posts: 6,334
And1: 8,278
Joined: Jun 28, 2017
 

Re: Appropriately early 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#879 » by kg01 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:29 pm

jayu70 wrote:exactly,
23, almost 24 (in a month) year old, 6'-6" SF/PF rookie.....pass ez.
And as bad as Reddish was from 3 to start the season, he still ended up with a higher percentage that Paschall...33% to 28%.


Oof. And Cam was shooting at some other rim for like the first 3 months.

I don't intend to tear down Paschall but I think it's most likely he ends up being a solid backup type. Cam should be more than that going forward.
king01 :king:
jayu70
RealGM
Posts: 11,259
And1: 8,138
Joined: Mar 11, 2014
   

Re: Appropriately early 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#880 » by jayu70 » Fri Oct 2, 2020 8:33 pm

kg01 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:exactly,
23, almost 24 (in a month) year old, 6'-6" SF/PF rookie.....pass ez.
And as bad as Reddish was from 3 to start the season, he still ended up with a higher percentage that Paschall...33% to 28%.


Oof. And Cam was shooting at some other rim for like the first 3 months.

I don't intend to tear down Paschall but I think it's most likely he ends up being a solid backup type. Cam should be more than that going forward.

18% in Oct/Nov

Return to Atlanta Hawks