Re: Happy Trailss 'Deadman! 

Post#2 » by Radioblacktive1 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:31 pm

He deserves all the money he can get. I’ll miss him but hey more burn for Bruno
Sanjuro
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Happy Trails 'Deadman! 

Post#3 » by Sanjuro » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:45 pm

Dedmon, Prince, and Baze all gone now. Looks like even with internal improvements from Collins, Trae, and Huerter; Hawks are back in the 28-32 win range. Dedmon hurts as far as wins more than the other two but that was too much to pay given his age and that the team was not in true playoff contention mode. Obviously another good signing to replace him would help but not holding out hope.
DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,863

Post#4 » by DirtybirdGA » Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:39 pm

Dedmon walking.... Pa dum dum.....
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,008

Post#5 » by HMFFL » Mon Jul 1, 2019 5:19 am

The Kings will be a great fit for him.

Dewayne Dedmon, Kings agree to three-year, $40M contract

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app
fuzzy1
Senior
And1: 293

Post#6 » by fuzzy1 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:16 am

Sanjuro wrote:Dedmon, Prince, and Baze all gone now. Looks like even with internal improvements from Collins, Trae, and Huerter; Hawks are back in the 28-32 win range. Dedmon hurts as far as wins more than the other two but that was too much to pay given his age and that the team was not in true playoff contention mode. Obviously another good signing to replace him would help but not holding out hope.
Maybe. If we get a C that can reasonably replace Dedmon we're back in playoff contention I think

Sent from my SM-J700T using RealGM mobile app
fuzzy1
Senior
And1: 293

Post#7 » by fuzzy1 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 12:17 am

And back in playoff contention, I mean potentially. .500 will get you in the playoffs I think.
fuzzy1 wrote:
Sanjuro wrote:Dedmon, Prince, and Baze all gone now. Looks like even with internal improvements from Collins, Trae, and Huerter; Hawks are back in the 28-32 win range. Dedmon hurts as far as wins more than the other two but that was too much to pay given his age and that the team was not in true playoff contention mode. Obviously another good signing to replace him would help but not holding out hope.
Maybe. If we get a C that can reasonably replace Dedmon we're back in playoff contention I think

D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#8 » by D21 » Tue Jul 2, 2019 7:42 am

Dedmon had a small positive On/Off court impact, Baze and Prince were in negative last season so I don't think it will lower the Wins.
It all depend on who we add, and I think Schlenk has zero interest in winning as much as possible, more continuing to let the young develop so I'm not sure he wants to add a veteran, who can also prefer a contender than being part of a small run in playoffs but not being part of the project for years as we will keep cap room as much as possible.
It leaves players who didn't get enough playing time, and test them to see if they fit. If we end up increasing our Wins and/or make a run in playoffs, better make it with some long term possibility.
The fact of testing a guy that didn't have enough playing time is also in favor to keep flexibility and potentially getting more assets, as it can brings something in trade if he improves a lot.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#9 » by jayu70 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:26 pm

Read on Twitter

:lol:

Return to Atlanta Hawks