?s=20
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Yungsta404
Bench Warmer
And1: 470

Re: Hawks sign Jabari Parker 

Post#42 » by Yungsta404 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:58 am

Not a fan of this signing at all. Why are we bringing in another defensive liability? Our D is going to be trash.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,603

Post#43 » by atlantabbq99 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:59 pm

So basically Spell is out as the backup PF and Jabari is now the backup PF of the future... I'm okay with this.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,499

Post#44 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:18 pm

Jabari Parker joins Hawks with eye on player development and medical staff

As Jabari Parker enters his sixth NBA season, the promising career of the former No. 2 overall pick has been twice derailed by a knee injury. When choosing a free agency destination, Parker said he chose the Hawks, in part, because of the training staff.

“I thought this was a great opportunity as far as my player development goes and as far as my health concerns everything pretty much aligned,” Parker said Thursday from the Hawks practice facility.

The Hawks medical staff, led by Chelsea Lane, is highly regarded around the NBA. Parker said he has already had “good dialog” with Lane and called her reputation “definitely an attraction.”

Parker said he is ready and willing to do what the Hawks ask. He believes his offensive game fits perfectly and that, after coming off the bench with other teams, has no problem doing the same with the Hawks.

If anything that I can improve upon it’s my defense,” Parker said. “It’s a thing that I continually do is to input the same amount of effort on offense as defense. It’s up from here. When I was a rookie, very lost. Year two, I was trying to get better. I think I’ve become pretty (good) and I’m trying to improve my game that way.”

Parker said he was excited about the direction of the Hawks. He said they whole league noticed how they overachieved last season with a talented but young core of players.
AJC
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#45 » by Radioblacktive1 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:25 pm

Excited for him.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,603

Post#46 » by atlantabbq99 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:54 pm

Jabari has shown that in spurts, he can be as good as Millsap on offense, but he can't sustain it, either due to injury issues or talent issues.

Coming off the bench to back up Collins seems like a good idea. You won't lose too much production when Jab comes in.

I'm also interested to see if Trae's PG skills could maybe elevate Parker's game or not?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#47 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:41 am

What to expect from newest Hawks Jabari Parker

Jabari Parker wanted to play for a team that wanted him. That was his ultimate priority in free agency. When he met with the Hawks in Las Vegas last week, he realized that Atlanta was the team that wanted him the most.

Parker fits quite well with how the Hawks operate on offense. They played with the quickest pace in the league this past season, and Parker thrives in transition offense. He turned out to be a legitimate threat on the fast break for the Wizards this past season whether he was driving to the basket or facilitating for others. He was elite at finishing in the restricted area, making 71 percent of his shots. That lines up nicely for the Hawks because head coach Lloyd Pierce’s offense calls for most of the Hawks’ offense coming at the rim or from 3-point range.

He knows his role with the Hawks is to be a bench scorer, and he’s content with it.

“I figured that starting is pretty much a distraction,” Parker said. “I’ve been on the bench for two seasons in my career. The productivity that I have is pretty good. As long as I’m climbing and doing what I can [in] the moments I’m out there, I’ll be in a good position. Coming off the bench, I’ve been cool with that.”

Parker knows that the priority for this Hawks team is for the young players to get the bulk of the minutes available, but he said he’s excited to be a part of a core that’s looking to grow in this league.
The Athletic
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#48 » by Radioblacktive1 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:59 pm

Love what I’m reading. Hope he works out because I wouldn’t mind keeping him for the foreseeable future.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#49 » by jayu70 » Fri Aug 9, 2019 7:53 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Defense?
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#50 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Sep 6, 2019 3:41 pm

Eight NBA players who could have breakout seasons with their new teams following a busy free agency period

Sometimes it just takes a change of scenery to unleash a player's potential

3. Jabari Parker | ATL • PF • 5

Parker signed a two-year, $20 million contract with the Bulls last offseason, but the fit was never quite right with Lauri Markkanen, Wendell Carter Jr. and Bobby Portis all in the fold. He was then traded to the tankfest in Washington, where he played exactly zero meaningful minutes, leading to the Wizards declining the second-year option. While his defense and 3-point shooting have been suspect, you can't deny Parker's offensive production. Being on a young, exciting team with a clear vision should only help him carve out a meaningful role for a franchise hoping to regain relevancy. He's never played alongside a point guard with Trae Young's vision, which should help him get much cleaner looks instead of having to consistently create his own offense.

Parker took a massive pay cut from last year's salary to join the Hawks at $6.5 million, and with a player option for next year he'll be looking to prove himself for the 2020 offseason's shallow free-agent class. It's hard to believe, but Parker is still just 24 years old.
CBS Sports
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#51 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Sep 6, 2019 6:26 pm

Predictions for Lonzo Ball and Former NBA Lottery Picks on New Teams

Jabari Parker | Atlanta Hawks

Drafted: No. 2 in 2014

Prediction: Falls out of favor

Jabari Parker's reputation has taken a massive hit since he went No. 2 overall. This stint with the rising Atlanta Hawks could be his final chance to reshape his image.

Based on the Hawks' roster and needs, don't count on it happening. Parker's poor defensive effort isn't a great fit for Atlanta's frontcourt. He can't play alongside John Collins, whose budding offense will earn him over 30 minutes per game.

Parker's ceiling in Atlanta would have him functioning as Collins' regular backup, but even rookies De'Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish, wings/forwards with far more upside and defensive tools, could become more attractive to head coach Lloyd Pierce.

He's still a threatening half-court scorer inside the arc. And there are bound to be games in which Parker can help Atlanta's second unit. But as a one-way player who doesn't help spacing, he will also have games in which he's difficult to play, particularly on this team.
Bleacher Report
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Post#52 » by HMFFL » Fri Sep 6, 2019 7:02 pm

I have read multiple articles where the critics have it out for Jabari Parker. He's a body that will provide us with much needed depth this season. Low risk!

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app
graymule
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,422

Post#53 » by graymule » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:00 pm

He was, at one time, highly thought of. Picked #2 and payed well. Young enough to still be able to learn a lot. I'm surprised by how much that his skills are apparently un liked and \ or not wanted. Great re claim project this season for the Hawks !! We wish him well..
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#54 » by Jamaaliver » Tue Oct 1, 2019 3:00 pm

This is a picture of Jabari at the start of training camp and on media day.

He looks rough. His body looks pudgy and his appearance in general is...ragged.

Is he coming off an injury this summer? Or just out of shape?

(I hate when guys show up for the official start of the season looking like they just rolled out of bed. Particularly on their first day with a new team.)
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#55 » by Spud2nique » Tue Oct 1, 2019 4:01 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:This is a picture of Jabari at the start of training camp and on media day.

(I hate when guys show up for the official start of the season looking like they just rolled out of bed. Particularly on their first day with a new team.)

Don’t judge a book by the cover.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#56 » by Indomitable » Tue Oct 1, 2019 4:37 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:This is a picture of Jabari at the start of training camp and on media day.

He did it last year to the Bulls. He came in unable to run the floor twice in a row. It was disgusting. I was actually a big fan until I saw how little he cared.

I was so wrong about him. He still does not condition properly. Hopefully he can run the floor.

He came in last year and Paxton went on the radio about running him into shape.

This is what he should come into camp looking like. This man can compete.
:banghead:
jayu70
RealGM

Post#57 » by jayu70 » Tue Oct 1, 2019 5:12 pm

That's disappointing! We traded on fatty for another??? :nonono: :nonono:
jayu70
RealGM

Post#58 » by jayu70 » Tue Oct 1, 2019 5:16 pm

Spud2nique wrote:

He's been in the league long enough, conditioning has always been his issue. New team, same problem? It's disappointing.

(Heat banish James Johnson for showing up 'unconditioned')
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#59 » by Spud2nique » Tue Oct 1, 2019 6:50 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:

He's been in the league long enough, conditioning has always been his issue. New team, same problem? It's disappointing.

(Heat banish James Johnson for showing up 'unconditioned')

At least let the guy play one game and then **** all over him, dayam.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#60 » by jayu70 » Mon Nov 4, 2019 4:38 pm

Good for him. If he keeps this up, he may out price himself from Atlanta.

Read on Twitter

Return to Atlanta Hawks