ImageImage

Domantas Sabonis On the block

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

davefmcl
Junior
And1: 2

Domantas Sabonis On the block 

Post#1 » by davefmcl » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:24 pm

Would you want and if so what would you offer for Domantas Sabonis?
For more Southern Sports, listen to the Southern Sports Universe Thursdays at 10:00 pm EST at blogtalkradio.com/nba or read about it at southernsportsuniverse.com
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Re: Domantas Sabonis On the block 

Post#2 » by King Ken » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:34 pm

Nets pick 2020
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#3 » by jayu70 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:43 pm

davefmcl wrote:Would you want and if so what would you offer for Domantas Sabonis?

BKN Nets 1st round pick in 2020 and a future 2nd.
Hawks have no incentive to offer much more considering his RFA status especially when Hawks can have $78 mil in capspace in the offseason and make an offer.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#4 » by King Ken » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:11 am

Read on Twitter
King Ken
General Manager

Post#5 » by King Ken » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:20 am

Steven Adams for the Brooklyn pick
Or
Turner and Parsons/two 2nds for Tristian Thompson/Knight/Delly is more appealing to me
EazyRoc
Senior
And1: 389

Post#6 » by EazyRoc » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:22 am

I think he could be a solid piece to round out our young core. He’s still got room for growth at 22 and has progressed every year. He’s really good in the pick and roll and a solid passer. Has potential to stretch to the corner like Dedmon. He would fit well with what we already have and already has a little playoff experience as a young player.

If we could give Indiana our 1st from BK and whatever thrown-ins they want to make it work. I actually think Sabonis would be an awesome pick-up for us.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,006

Post#7 » by HMFFL » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:57 pm

2018-19: $2,659,800
2019-20: $3,529,555 {Team Option}
2020-21: $4,831,961 {Qualifying Offer}

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#8 » by Spud2nique » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:01 pm

King Ken wrote:Steven Adams for the Brooklyn pick
Or
Turner and Parsons/two 2nds for Tristian Thompson/Knight/Delly is more appealing to me

I don’t want Tristan around our young guys he’s trouble. And no Delly ever for me. I’ll take deli but no Delly.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#9 » by King Ken » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:29 pm

Spud2nique wrote:
Or

I don’t want Tristan around our young guys he’s trouble. And no Delly ever for me. I’ll take deli but no Delly.

Why not? It's not our first Kardashian
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,924

Post#10 » by jayu70 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:19 pm

King Ken wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
Or

:lol:
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#11 » by Spud2nique » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:52 pm

King Ken wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:
Or

True dat. But these kids are so innocent. I don’t need the devil to enter the bloodstream.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#12 » by CP War Hawks » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:14 am

I like Sabonis, not with the starters tho. I'll rather offer Harrell a big contract. If you whiff, load up for 2021.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#13 » by atlantabbq99 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:44 am

I don't want any part of Sabonis. Not because of this talent, but because the Hawks already have Collins. I think Sabonis has more than enough talent to be a quality starter in the NBA.

I don't want to create a poor culture for young players like in Orlando where they double up or triple up on young guys at the same positions and neither guy is able to properly develop and a Victor Oladipo situation happens.

Same thing happen to the Hawks when they got Josh Smith, Childress, and Marvin, instead of getting Smoove, Iggy, and CP3.

I wouldn't mind in the Hawks being the 3rd team in any sort of Sabonis trade though.
Shooter Says
Ballboy
And1: 25

Post#14 » by Shooter Says » Tue Oct 22, 2019 1:11 am

Myles Turner, not Sabonis, is the Pacer I would love to have. Wonder how they'll pair now that they're both inked to long term deals.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,492

Post#15 » by Jamaaliver » Fri Nov 1, 2019 9:53 pm

More notes from around the NBA

Atlanta Hawks

Before Pacers forward Domantas Sabonis and Celtics forward Jaylen Brown reached contract extension agreements, the Hawks were believed to be interested in either player as a restricted free agent, sources said. Atlanta is one of four teams (Charlotte, Cleveland, Memphis) projected to have significant salary cap space in the 2020 free agency period. Sabonis, who agreed to a four-year, $74.9 million extension with the Pacers prior to the start of the season, is off to a strong start: 22.8 points, 10 rebounds and 2.3 assists a night. Indiana’s front office made it a priority to lock up Sabonis — and got it done. Brown has also played strong for the Celtics to start the season.
The Athletic
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Post#16 » by Pacersike » Fri Nov 1, 2019 11:27 pm

A lottery protected pick for a player drafted in the lottery, who is leaving other players drafted higher than him far behind in production?

Is this the John Collins effect, where you assume we can easily draft very good players not in the lottery?

The Pacers drafted Leaf right ahead of Collins. We need a much better pick than the Nets pick for Domas, for value reasons and for competence reasons 8-)

Cam or Deandre come to my mind as starting point for negotiations and as far as I'm concerned Myles is also on the table.
King Ken
General Manager

Post#17 » by King Ken » Sat Nov 2, 2019 12:02 am

Pacersike wrote:A lottery protected pick for a player drafted in the lottery, who is leaving other players drafted higher than him far behind in production?

Is this the John Collins effect, where you assume we can easily draft very good players not in the lottery?

The Pacers drafted Leaf right ahead of Collins. We need a much better pick than the Nets pick for Domas, for value reasons and for competence reasons 8-)

Cam or Deandre come to my mind as starting point for negotiations and as far as I'm concerned Myles is also on the table.

Lol, have a good day sir. Any negotiations for any center we add will be draft based compensation. It won't start with any member of this team especially the young ones.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Post#18 » by Pacersike » Sat Nov 2, 2019 12:22 am

King Ken wrote:
Pacersike wrote:A lottery protected pick for a player drafted in the lottery, who is leaving other players drafted higher than him far behind in production?

Lol, have a good day sir. Any negotiations for any center we add will be draft based compensation. It won't start with any member of this team especially the young ones.

Thx, have a good night yourself. Always nice to see such high confidence in players. :)
King Ken
General Manager

Post#19 » by King Ken » Sat Nov 2, 2019 3:06 am

Pacersike wrote:
King Ken wrote:

Thx, have a good night yourself. Always nice to see such high confidence in players. :)

Likewise
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#20 » by atlantabbq99 » Sat Nov 2, 2019 5:01 am

Why would the Hawks wants Sabonis when they already have Collins who is younger and Parker who is the same age as Domantas, unless Sabonis can play center???

Return to Atlanta Hawks