Post#62 » by jayu70 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:58 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Geaux_Hawks
Lead Assistant
And1: 980

Re: Hawks tell Trae help is coming 

Post#63 » by Geaux_Hawks » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:21 pm

Steven Adam's would be some much needed "Help on the way". Not only as an interior presence, but the competitor, vocal leader we need in the locker room & starting 5.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Post#64 » by kg01 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:01 pm

Geaux_Hawks wrote:Steven Adam's would be some much needed "Help on the way". Not only as an interior presence, but the competitor, vocal leader we need in the locker room & starting 5.

This is all I want for Christmas. Culture-setter.
king01 :king:
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,450

Post#65 » by Revived » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:53 pm

Geaux_Hawks wrote:Steven Adam's would be some much needed "Help on the way". Not only as an interior presence, but the competitor, vocal leader we need in the locker room & starting 5.

Pushes Len further out.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,500

Post#66 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:00 pm

As the rebuilding Hawks try to weather the storm, how much Trae Young is too much?

A recent report makes it sound like this rising star is on a sinking ship

Young looks like a rising star on a sinking ship. The 21-year-old is averaging 28.3 points, 8.5 assists and 4.2 rebounds, making 37.7 percent of his 9.1 3-pointers a game, with a higher usage rate and a higher true shooting percentage than LeBron James.

Young's teammates sure are doing a lot of watching. Two weeks ago, The Athletic's Seth Partnow published a story detailing how the Hawks -- and a few other teams -- have relied on a single playmaker to a degree that is almost unprecedented. Partnow posited that these extremely star-centric systems might be fundamentally different than more egalitarian ones, as Young's role is now more similar to a quarterback than a central midfielder.

It was natural for Young to carry a larger load than he did as a rookie, but this is extreme. Young is shooting more often and using more possessions than Stephen Curry did in his 2015-16 MVP season. Some of this is due to circumstances beyond his control: Atlanta doesn't have another point guard on the roster, Collins got suspended and Kevin Huerter missed 11 games with a shoulder injury. The morning of the MSG debacle, Pierce said at shootaround that the Hawks' challenge now is to reduce Young's usage.

Pierce said that getting Young off the ball has been "a major point of focus." The Hawks have scored like a league-average offense with Young on the court, but they rank 26th in offensive rating because have been thoroughly hopeless without him.

There is nothing inherently wrong with Young's style. Any team lucky enough to have a player as talented as him must find some sort of balance between letting the star cook and involving everybody else. Of the teams Partnow described as heliocentric, though, the Hawks are the only one that isn't winning. Even in the best of circumstances, there can be diminishing returns tilting an offense this much in a single player's direction. These are decidedly not the best of circumstances, and Young deserves some blame for that: He is the weakest defender on the third-worst defense in the NBA.
CBS Sports
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#67 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:09 pm

Any interest in this veteran front court player for depth purposes?

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,934

Post#68 » by jayu70 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:14 am

Jamaaliver wrote:Any interest in this veteran front court player for depth purposes?

Read on Twitter

Is he a veteran leader? Will he be a strong voice in locker room and on the court?
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 658

Post#69 » by D21 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 1:52 pm

Utah is waiving him for a reason : per 100 poss, their defense goes from 105pts without him to 110pts with him, while their offense goes from 111pts without him to 103pts with him

Exactly what we don't need

Time to change the system first now that we have all players back and see what we need from there.
It's horrible to see that Young has one the worst Def RPM in the league while Schröder is winning with OKC and have the best Def RPM of all the PG in the league...

Between the guy who are not playing to see what they can bring, maybe Trey Burke could be a target. PHI is not using him a lot, but they play very well with him. It would give a backup PG
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#70 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:46 pm

Another option for help this season:

Either of Damion Lee or Alec Burks. Whichever player GSW has to dump.

Read on Twitter
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#71 » by Radioblacktive1 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:53 pm

I would say Burks but he is made out of glass
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#72 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:54 pm

D21 wrote:Utah is waiving him for a reason : per 100 poss, their defense goes from 105pts without him to 110pts with him, while their offense goes from 111pts without him to 103pts with him

Exactly what we don't need

:dontknow:

Utah is clearly looking to add some scoring punch to its backcourt.

Green, meanwhile, has appeared in 29 games, averaging 7.8 points and 2.8 rebounds. He's shooting a career-low 38.5 percent from the field and hitting 33.3 percent of his three-pointers.

The 33-year-old is now potentially looking at his eighth different team in six seasons.

Over the years, Green was one of the prime examples of a player who seemingly had all of the skills necessary to be an All-Star but simply couldn't put it all together. He's still a versatile wing who can space the floor and be a positive presence on the boards.
HERE
jayu70
RealGM

Post#73 » by jayu70 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:14 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:Another option for help this season:

Either of Damion Lee or Alec Burks. Whichever player GSW has

I'd take Lee, he was here before.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#74 » by jayu70 » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:37 pm

Help coming :D .
Read on Twitter
?s=20.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,010

Post#75 » by HMFFL » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:34 am

jayu70 wrote:Help coming :D .
Read on Twitter
?s=20.
Hahaha. Solid help!

On a serious note, I hope he takes advantage of his time in the league. We need all the help we can get!

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
oligo
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#76 » by oligo » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:19 am

HMFFL wrote:
jayu70 wrote:Help coming :D .
Read on Twitter
?s=20.
Hahaha. Solid help!
RealGM mobile app

+1
#FireVlade
D21
Assistant Coach

Post#77 » by D21 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:08 pm

Hi guys,

actually, I don't get where we need help, and more exactly what help do we really need now. We were unable to judge the team as Collins was out the majority of the games.
It's time to play and see what we really need, and more important, I start to think that the help that Trae is waiting for is help to get to the playoffs, but now that ATL is last in the league, not because of their real level but injuries and Collins missing a lot of games, do we need to get help to reach the playoffs in the cost of loosing the possibility to add a better rookie ?

Yes, it must be frustrating to be at this record when you thought you had a chance to be in playoffs contention, but risking to make them is reducing the possibility of being a real contender in the future, so I hope that the objective are the same between players and management, and that they can forget about their egos.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#78 » by jayu70 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:16 pm

D21 wrote:Hi guys,

actually, I don't get where we need help, and more exactly what help do we really need now. We were unable to judge the team as Collins was out the majority of the games.
It's time to play and see what we really need, and more important, I start to think that the help that Trae is waiting for is help to get to the playoffs, but now that ATL is last in the league, not because of their real level but injuries and Collins missing a lot of games, do we need to get help to reach the playoffs in the cost of loosing the possibility to add a better rookie ?

Yes, it must be frustrating to be at this record when you thought you had a chance to be in playoffs contention, but risking to make them is reducing the possibility of being a real contender in the future, so I hope that the objective are the same between players and management, and that they can forget about their egos.

Immediate Need:
Backup PG, Evan Turner was supposed to be that - it hasn't worked and he's spent most of the year injured. When Trae sits, it's tough to watch most nights. Huerter, Bembry and Reddish has been forced to play backup PG to varying results.

Starting Center - we need one. If not for this season, definitely for next season.
Bruno is a rookie, Len started the season struggling as a starter but has played well enough off the bench, so he belongs on the bench, he is too inconsistent and Jones can't defend the PnR or rebound.
D21
Assistant Coach

Post#79 » by D21 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 4:55 pm

jayu70 wrote:

Immediate Need:
Backup PG, Evan Turner was supposed to be that - it hasn't worked and he's spent most of the year injured. When Trae sits, it's tough to watch most nights. Huerter, Bembry and Reddish has been forced to play backup PG to varying results.

Starting Center - we need one. If not for this season, definitely for next season.
Bruno is a rookie, Len started the season struggling as a starter but has played well enough off the bench, so he belongs on the bench, he is too inconsistent and Jones can't defend the PnR or rebound.

It's not technically that I don't get, your two spot fix is also what I think and you're right, what I don't get is what Schlenk called help when talking to Trae.
Like you said, the C is a need, but not necessary now has ATL won't have a great season, but I'm afraid that when Schlenk told that to Trae, it was a bit like "I will make what I can to bring a good C here in the next weeks, and that it would be only to not see Trae frustrated and gambling on the future

I don't want a trade just to be a bit better this season and try to catch a playoffs spot. And I'm afraid that if we trade for better players but expiring in 2021, we would get screwed by loosing them and not signing the best F.A., I would seriously prefer in this case to get the best players we can get now and with longer contracts, but I'm not sure about what Schlenk is doing now, if he keep his plan or if he's afraid because a 2nd year player is frustrated...

We are the only team in the past years with good potential and with a 2nd year player acting like he's in his 26-27 years old prime and want one good C and a backup to be a contender, which is not the case
jayu70
RealGM

Post#80 » by jayu70 » Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:38 pm

D21 wrote:
jayu70 wrote:

Immediate Need:

It's not technically that I don't get, your two spot fix is also what I think and you're right, what I don't get is what Schlenk called help when talking to Trae.
Like you said, the C is a need, but not necessary now has ATL won't have a great season, but I'm afraid that when Schlenk told that to Trae, it was a bit like "I will make what I can to bring a good C here in the next weeks, and that it would be only to not see Trae frustrated and gambling on the future

I don't want a trade just to be a bit better this season and try to catch a playoffs spot. And I'm afraid that if we trade for better players but expiring in 2021, we would get screwed by loosing them and not signing the best F.A., I would seriously prefer in this case to get the best players we can get now and with longer contracts, but I'm not sure about what Schlenk is doing now, if he keep his plan or if he's afraid because a 2nd year player is frustrated...

We are the only team in the past years with good potential and with a 2nd year player acting like he's in his 26-27 years old prime and want one good C and a backup to be a contender, which is not the case

IIRC it wasn't necessarily Schlenk that made the comment - it said a high ranking team official said it to Trae during the locker room fustration episode.......my initial thought was it meant John Collins return. That's it. Others took it to mean something more.
TS also said he's not making a move just to land the 8th spot this season.

Return to Atlanta Hawks